18. Deception

Unintended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

18. DECEPTION

 

Even if things don’t unfold the way you expected, don’t be disheartened or give up. One who continues to advance will win in the end.

 

SOORIN

I know this may sound stupid if I say that I take his words seriously and I know that this is also not the right time for me to think something like this when my sister is in a big trouble. But I swear I can even sense the jealousy in Kris’ voice when he indirectly told Sehun to get his hands off me. I don’t know if it is because he actually doesn’t like to see the intimacy between me and Sehun or it is just him becoming short tempered because he has too much thing in his mind. I must be lying if I say that I don’t wish him to be jealous but I know my position and I realize that it is too much for me to wish for such things. I quickly leave his room before the little wish inside me turns bigger.

 

“Soorin, where are you going?” I can hear Sehun’s voice echoes through the long corridor. He follows me again. Ever since the day he confessed his feeling to me, he becomes more possessive and keeps sticking himself around me. Honestly, sometimes I find him a bit annoying but I don’t have a heart to tell him what I feel.

 

“Why do you leave?” He asks.

 

“I can’t take it.” I simply say as I open the door to my room. I leave the door open, letting him to walk in. One thing that doesn’t change from Sehun is the fact that he is indeed old-fashioned because every time he comes to my room, he will simply put the distance between me and him as he always stands near the entrance and he won’t leave his spot if he doesn’t think it necessary.

 

“Did it hurt you to see that Kris hyung worries about your sister?” Sehun asks with unreadable expression as he leans back against the door.

 

“I just can’t help it, Sehun.” I lie down on the bed, gazing at the ceiling. “I think I love him too much but his love to my sister is even greater. Kris is always cold and impassive but when it comes to Soojin eonni, he can smile and laugh, he can be nice and warm. He is a completely different person when he is talking about her. He is full with feelings and emotions.”

 

“Then what will you do?”

 

“I don’t know what I truly want to do.” I reply honestly. “After I talked with eonni, I know that I’m just an unwanted intruder between them. They love each other. Soojin eonni loves him too and somehow I believe that her love is much deeper than mine. They also have Daehyun and the little boy absolutely needs his father much more than I need him in my life. But I guess I’m not ready to lose him, Sehun.

 

“I know that I’m being selfish here. I know that he is not mine since the beginning so technically I can’t say that I lose him. But even though it is just a status written on the paper that I’m his wife, it indirectly tells that there is actually a strong bond between me and him and it also gives me the right to continue loving him. I know this sounds ridiculous but… I don’t know, Sehun. I can’t understand myself anymore. I’m so stupid, right?”

 

“You are a fool when you are in love.”

 

I glance up at Sehun who surprisingly replies me so calmly. He is tilting his head to one side as he looks at me. There is a brief silence and I can see the wheel in his head is spinning so fast before he leaves his spot, walking to my bed. Another silence permeates the room when Sehun sits down on the bed then reclines himself next to me. I turn my head to see him. His gaze fixes to the ceiling but I’m sure he knows that I’m staring at him.

 

“Luhan hyung told me that you are a fool when you are in love. Love is not something you can understand. No matter how many books you have read, there is no exact theory about it so there is no way for you to understand love. You just need to feel it and it is enough.” He adds.

 

“Did he tell you how to love without hurting yourself?”

 

“Love and hurt are coming as one package. There is no love without hurting yourself or other person and there is no hurt if you don’t love. Love is about taking the risk to let your heart broken if everything doesn’t come out the way you wish it to be. It is impossible if you want to love but you don’t want to be hurt. Even when the both parties love each other, there is still a chance for them to get hurt.” He says without looking at me.

 

Even when the both parties love each other, there is still a chance for them to get hurt. Doesn’t it sound like Kris and Soojin eonni? But do you really to get hurt if you love the right person? Or you only get hurt when you love the wrong person because the two of you are not meant to be together?

 

“But love is never wrong. It is you who love the wrong person or loving them in the wrong time. I believe that Soojin noona is not the wrong person for Kris hyung. He just doesn’t love her in the right time. I don’t know when the right time will come for them. Or maybe… it had come four years ago but he skipped the chance.” Sehun continues.

 

“Do you really think that the two of them are destined to be together?”

 

“I’m not saying that they are destined to be together.” He turns his head, bringing his gaze to meet mine. “But Kris hyung surely has loved her for a very long time. I’m not sure if he realizes this or not but I know that he fell for her the first time he saw her a decade ago. If there was a girl captured his interest, it has never been more than just his lust took control over him. When Kris hyung laid his eyes on a girl, it always meant that he found the girl ually attractive and it awakened the darkest desire in him to her senselessly. Excuse my word but I’m just stating the truth here.

 

“But when he found Soojin noona in the middle of the crowds, he simply stared at her and he kept looking at her until she disappeared from his sight. I was there to see how his eyes sparked with the some unfamiliar emotions when he was staring at her. There was no lust but only pure adoration. And it was not the last time I witnessed him like that because in every party we attended, Kris hyung would stare at your sister for the longest time I can remember but never once he tried to make a move on her as if he considered himself as a sinner and he was too dirty to touch her. My friends failed to notice this because they never watched him carefully like I did.

 

“Kris hyung respected her, too much to bed her only to satisfy his lust. He never saw her the way he saw any other girls. The irresistible and powerful Kris Wu finally met his weakness. But he wasn’t the person who was familiar with affection. He got lack of love from his parents and their relationship definitely wasn’t good. That’s why he has never been good in showing others his true feeling.”

 

I find myself staring at Sehun speechless. I never knew that Kris isn’t in good terms with his parents and it is the main reason why he becomes cold and heartless. He is afraid of love but Soojin eonni manages to make him overcoming his biggest fear. Does it mean that I really have no chance no matter how hard I try?

 

I’m not the one who can make you happy.

 

His voice suddenly echoes in my mind. Is this really the end of our marriage? I know there is a son between Soojin eonni and him but there is also a sacred bond between me and him. Can he at least give a try to love me back before everything comes into a final end?

 

 

It was six in the evening when Kris and the rests arrived at Seoul and according to Baekhyun’s report, there were a lot of reporters gathered in front of both Wu Corporation and C-Tel Corp. buildings. Kris had rejected the countless incoming calls from his parents because he knew that they would bombard him with questions and he was not in the mood to argue with them.

 

They were separated in three cars. Sehun drove Soorin to his house because there must be a lot of reporters waited for her in her house. Luhan, Jongin, and Jongdae went to Minseok’s office to meet Seo Hyunwoo while Soojung joined Kris in his black Aventador to guide him to Chanyeol’s house. Soojung could tell that Kris was flustered because Soojin’s phone was turned off and Chanyeol kept ignoring his calls. His knuckles turned white as he gripped the steering-wheel too tight.

 

“Soojung-ssi, can you please call Chanyeol for me? He is not going to answer my call.” Kris said as he zoomed off into Seoul’s highway after Soojung told him where Chanyeol’s apartment was located. Soojung nodded as she took out her phone from her purse and called Chanyeol’s number. But still, the certain man didn’t pick up his phone.

 

“He doesn’t answer your call too?” Kris asked as he saw her frown turning deeper.

 

“No. But I’m sure they are safe, Kris. Please don’t worry too much. Soojin and Daehyun are in the right hand.” Soojung replied softly, trying to comfort him.

 

Kris turned his head to see her then let out a frustrated laugh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter