17. Take Care of Her

Unintended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

17. TAKE CARE OF HER

 

When you fall in love, the natural thing to do is give yourself to it. That’s what I think. It’s just a form of sincerity.

 

“Do everything you can do to stop the news from spreading and tell Minseok to find out the culprit. If he asks for money, just give him as much as he wants.” Kris told Baekhyun through phone while scrolling up and down on his laptop. Baekhyun was his personal assistant, a person who Kris trusted a lot. He usually took over Kris’ works every time the boss was out for his holiday like now.

 

Fifteen minutes ago, Luhan woke him up brutally as if there was a bomb in their hotel and the bomb was going to explode soon. But before Kris could throw his tantrum to the other Chinese guy, Luhan simply handed him today daily newspaper and soon Kris knew exactly what was happening.

 

The newspaper headline was printed with bold style and all caps lock, and although Kris was not fully awake, he still could read what’s written there and the shocking news simply coaxed him to wakefulness. There was also a picture below the headline that was obviously taken yesterday when he brought Soojin and Daehyun to meet Soojung in the restaurant.

 

With his eyes still glued to his laptop, Kris made another call with his iPhone. A wave of relief washed over him as the person on the other line picked up his call after the third ring.

 

“Soojin, are you okay?” Kris asked almost immediately, panic coloring his voice.

 

“Is there anything wrong?” Soojin replied innocently. Apparently, she still had not known about the news. Kris bit his lower lips, trying to find the words to tell her about what was spreading through the internet by now but without making her panic.

 

“Soojin, can you give me Park Chanyeol’s number?” Kris asked hesitantly and no matter how much he hated to admit it but he needed a helping hand from Chanyeol right now. Luhan told him that there were a lot of reporters in the hotel lobby right now so it was not possible for him to leave the hotel to pick up Soojin. The only choice left was ask Chanyeol to bring Soojin and Daehyun to the hotel so if the reporters found her current address later, they couldn’t find them there because they were already safe in the hotel with him.

 

“Why you suddenly ask for his number?” Soojin asked him back. He could sense the cynicism in her voice. What should he tell her to make it didn’t sound so suspicious?

 

“Because I need to talk with him.” Kris mentally punched himself because his answer didn’t sound convincing at all.

 

“Yifan, what are you trying to do now?” Soojin probed him and Kris could imagine her gaze scrutinizing him carefully.

 

“I’m not doing anything. Can you please trust me this once?” Kris tried to persuade her.

 

“I’m not going to give you Chanyeol’s number if you don’t tell me your true intention.” Soojin said stubbornly. He was about to reply her when he could heard Daehyun’s voice in the background, calling for his mom. He tried to hear what the little boy said to his mom and when his son mentioned about school, Kris reflexively exclaimed.

 

“Don’t let him go to school today!” He could only facepalm himself as he realized what he had just done. Soojin must be thinking that he was weird by now.

 

“Wu Yifan, what the hell is going on?” She snarled.

 

“Mom, you are cursing.” Daehyun instantly complained and Kris couldn’t help but smiling at his son’s remark. “Umm~ are you talking with appa?”

 

“Who you call appa, Choi Daehyun?” Her voice was menacingly quiet and even Kris could only swallow hard when he heard her. Soojin didn’t know that he allowed Daehyun to call him appa. Great, he now owed another explanation.

 

“Wu Yifan, who said you can ask my son to call you appa?” Soojin asked sharply.

 

“Soojin, I can explain this. Please don’t-”

 

“Ahjussi didn’t ask me to call him appa. It was me who asked him if I could call him appa. Mom, please don’t be mad at him. I won’t call him appa anymore if you don’t like it.” Daehyun suddenly said before Kris could finish his sentence. Kris could sense his sadness when Daehyun talked. It was very obvious that the little boy really wanted to call him appa.

 

Soojin sighed. She didn’t have a heart to forbid him to call his own father appa especially when she could see the misery in his eyes when Daehyun said the last sentence of his explanation. “Do you want to talk with your appa?” She asked softly as she kneeled down in front of his son. On his bed, Kris was speechless. He enforced his brain to replay what Soojin had just said to their son. Did he hear it correctly?

 

“Can you ask him if we can come to the hotel again? I miss him already.” Daehyun said to his mom with his baby voice. Kris could picture his expression when he said that he missed him.

 

“You heard it, didn’t you? Daehyun said that he misses you, Yifan.” Soojin repeated the info to Kris though she was sure that Kris could hear what the little boy said.

 

“I will return to Seoul tonight.” Kris replied. “Can you please let Daehyun skip his class just for today? And about the reason why I suddenly asked for Chanyeol’s number, it is because I want to ask him personally to drive you and Daehyun here since I cannot leave the hotel.”

 

There was a brief silence before Soojin replied him. “We can go there without Chanyeol. I’m pretty sure that he is busy right now.”

 

“I need to make sure that you are safe. That’s why I need Chanyeol to drive you here, Soojin.”

 

“Yifan, you are hiding something from me. What is happening? Please tell me.”

 

Kris ran his fingers through his tousled hair in frustration. There was no way he could say no when Choi Soojin put the please word within her sentences. Taking a deep breath, he prepared himself to tell her what exactly was happening.

 

“Promise me you will do what you are told after I tell you this.” His tone was demanding.

 

Soojin knitted her eyebrows together. She wanted to complaint but then she decided to comply with him. “I promise. Now tell me.”

 

“The reporters found out that you are still alive and now they are gathering in the hotel lobby. I’m afraid that they will locate your current address. That’s why I need you to come here soon. You can take the west lobby because all of them are waiting in the main lobby. I will ask Luhan to make sure that no one will notice your arrival. But I also cannot let you and Daehyun use the taxi. It is not safe. Your name is written all over the newspaper and internet. I need Chanyeol to you here because I know you will be safe with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter