15. Encounter

Unintended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

15. ENCOUNTER

 

So I wait for you like a lonely house Till you will see me again and live in me Till then my windows ache

 

“So, my stupid little baby Sehunnie already told you about his feeling? Like finally?” Jongin said, a little bit too loud, as he and Soorin sat down together in the hotel restaurant.

 

“Are you planning to tell the whole world about this?” Soorin glares at him. “And why do you sound so gay? My stupid little baby Sehun? Pretty please…” She rolls her eyes.

 

“The world has known about this already. Only Sehun himself who was not fully aware. And why? Sehun is indeed a baby, you know? I think he is the most innocent creature on earth.”

 

Soorin cocked her eyebrows over Jongin’s statement then she remembered the first day she came to the hotel and met Sehun. Sehun followed her but he seemed hesitant when she asked him to come in to her room. Even after he decided to come in, he still put a big gap between them as he stood near the entrance while Soorin sat on her bed.

 

“Let me guess.” Jongin suddenly said, taking Soorin back to the ground. “Sehun didn’t even try to kiss you. I mean, not on the lips. Give me a hard slap if I’m wrong.” He propped his chin up with his left elbow rested on the table.

 

“He…” There was a brief silence before Soorin continued. “He gave me a kiss on my forehead.”

 

“How did it feel? Were you nervous? Did it make your heart beating crazily fast as if it was going to explode?” Jongin replied, tilting his head to one side.

 

Soorin her lips then shook her head. “I don’t know but I felt it wasn’t right.”

 

“And somehow you secretly wished for Kris hyung to be in Sehun’s place at that moment.”

 

“That is too much for me to wish, Jongin.” Soorin replied with pink shades covered her cheeks.

 

“Everyone has their right to wish for anything they want no matter how impossible it is.”

 

She gave Jongin a look then furrowed her brows. “I initially thought that you are siding Sehun but what you have just said makes me think that you actually want me to end up with Kris.”

 

Jongin flashed her a secretive smile. “I’m not siding anyone here, Soorin. I’m just trying to be a good friend. Your happiness is the most important thing, isn’t it? If you think it is Kris hyung who can make you happy and you are sure that he will love you back someday, then go for him. But if you think that Sehun deserves a chance, I encourage you to look after him.”

 

“But Sehun is my friend. He is more like a brother to me.”

 

“People change. Feelings change. Everything changes. We actually didn’t have any idea that there is actually a day when we can stop bickering and sit down together like this while you tell me your story and I let you know my perspective. Tell me, Soorin, have you ever imagined that I can be your friend and you can stop seeing me as your enemy?”

 

Soorin slowly shook her head. “But I don’t feel right to give Sehun the chance with my status as someone else’s wife and even though it is just a status written on a piece of paper, it is still considered as cheating, isn’t it?”

 

“Theoretically yes but I beg to differ. If you cheat on someone, it means you betray his faith in you, his love for you, and also his loyalty. As for your case, and I’m sorry to say, but Kris hyung doesn’t even care if you have a relationship with another man, he doesn’t love you the way you do to him, and his heart even belong to someone else. If there is someone cheating in your marriage, then it is him, not you. So, if you decide to give Sehun a chance, you’re definitely not cheating.”

 

Soorin slumps her shoulders, leaning back against her chair. “I guess I need a long time to think about this.” She sighed.

 

“Take your time, Soorin darling. Our little baby Sehunnie will wait for you. Patience is virtue and his patience is really something, you know?” Jongin winked at her, making Soorin acted as if she was going to puke.

 

“I don’t understand how girls can stand your flirtatious habit, Kim Jongin.” She shook her head in disbelief, making Jongin burst into a hard laugh.

 

“They find me y. I can’t blame them.” He replied smugly.

 

“y your .” Soorin rolls her eyes.

 

“You are very right. I have y .” Jongin rejoined playfully.

 

“You are unbelievable.” She grimaced.

 

Jongin didn’t reply this time. He just laughed until his stomach hurt and the tears appeared from the corner of his eyes. After seemed like minutes, he finally could control his laughter. He was about to say something to Soorin when someone on his 2 o’clock direction caught his attention.

 

“Jesus Christ, don’t tell me that is Jung Soojung.” He said in daze as his eyes glued to a beautiful woman in her floral dress sitting with her crossed legs. She was reading a magazine and there was only a cup of cappuccino on her table, indicating that she was alone.

 

Soorin raised her brows then tried to follow Jongin’s gaze. She acknowledged Soojung, not only as one of South Korea top models but also as her sister’s best friend. They met several times before when Soojung came to her house every time she and Soojin worked together for their school projects.

 

“She is very beautiful.” Jongin muttered huskily, totally drooling over Soojung’s beauty. “Wait. She must be an angel in disguise. I’m wondering how she can hide her wings.” He started blabbering. Soorin gave him a weird look for his stupid comments but Jongin was too absorbed in his adoration to Soojung’s pretty figure.

 

“Do you want me to introduce you to her?” Soorin asked, feeling pity to her new friend.

 

“It will be my pleasure.” Jongin replied, not fully aware of what she was offering him. A foolish smile played across him plump lips but then, as his brain completely processed what Soorin said to him earlier, he almost choked on his own saliva. “Wait. What did you just say?”

 

“I asked you if you want me to introduce you to her.”

 

Jongin blinked his eyes. “How is it possible?”

 

“Jung Soojung is my sister’s best friend. I know her too. I can introduce you to her if you want. But for your information, I don’t think she likes younger guy especially an immature one like you.”

 

Jongin snickered at her statement. “Thank you for crushing my hope in a very sarcastic way.”

 

“Wait here and stop drooling. I will call you if she says yes.” Soorin replied and got up as she made her way to the table where Soojung was sitting by herself. On his spot, Jongin started fixing his hair and his attires, trying to give the best impression if Soojung looked at him later.

 

Reaching her table, Soorin deliberately cleared to catch Soojung’s attention. Soojung who was typing on her phone immediately glanced up only to find a familiar figure of her best friend’s sister was smiling at her. She couldn’t hide her surprise to meet Choi Soorin in this very moment, especially when she was actually waiting for Soojin and her son, not forget to mention Kris who volunteered himself to pick them up. She went panic at thought of the possibility of the unexpected meeting between the two sisters. Everything would become even worse if Soorin saw Soojin and Daehyun come with Kris.

 

“Soorin? Long time no see you. How are you?” Soojung forced a smile while gesturing Soorin to take a seat. She stared nervously at her phone as it displayed the latest text message from Soojin, telling her that she and Daehyun would arrive soon.

 

“I’m fine. How about you? Are you here for working?” Soorin replied as she plopped down herself on the chair across from Soojung.

 

“I’m fine too.” Soojung tried hard not to stutter. “And no, I’m here for holiday. Do you come here with your husband? Where is he? I don’t see him.” She pretended to look around as if she was searching for Kris. But the reality was she’s trying to catch a glimpse of Soojin or Kris so she could gesture them not to come any closer because she was having Soorin with her right now.

 

“He has something to handle. If you want to see him, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter