12. Obsession and Confession

Unintended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

12. OBSESSION AND CONFESSION

 

It just didn’t make sense at all. Because the more I tried to forget you, the more everything reminded me of you.

 

“I’m sorry, Kris, but there are too many 28 years old men named Park Chanyeol in South Korea. But I guess, this one is the closest to your description.” Minseok said as he turned his laptop display to Kris so he could see the picture Minseok wanted to show him. Kris glanced at the display and saw one proverbial face.

 

“Have you found any information about him?” Kris asked, bringing his gaze back to Minseok.

 

“So, this is the right guy?” He cocked his eyebrows. Kris simply nodded. “Well, I believe the two of you have met before, several times, but I guess you don’t remember him.”

 

Kris furrowed his brows, giving Minseok a quizzical look. “Who is he?”

 

“The second heir of Park Construction Company. After her sister married with a Korean-American tycoon, his brother in law took over the company and Park Chanyeol continued his study in Germany, majoring in music. He came back to Korea in 2007 and he currently owns some record labels under his name. He bought a house in Jeju and moved here one year after.”

 

“Do you find anything about his personal life?”

 

“He is close to Jung Soojung. You know her, right?” Minseok answered but Kris only gave him his clueless look. “Soojung, or widely known as Krystal, is one of South Korea top models and she was also the best friend of your wife’s sister. Media describe them as a match made from heaven but I don’t think their relationship is more than just a friendship.” Minseok explained.

 

“Is he married?”

 

“As far I know, Park Chanyeol is still single. He had a girlfriend when he studied in Germany but they broke up after two years and after that he has never been in relationship.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“One hundred percent. If he is married to someone, the media will find out. He is quite popular in Seoul, you know? But he doesn’t really like the spotlight. That’s why he moves here.”

 

Kris reflexively balled his fists as the anger coursed through his veins. She lied to him. Choi Soojin wasn’t married to Park Chanyeol and somehow Kris believed that she wasn’t even in a relationship with him either. Should he pretend that he didn’t know the truth in front of her? She must have her reason to lie to him. But it meant that he had to see them act like a couple and Kris really hated it when he saw Chanyeol put his hands on her, when he touched what’s supposed to be his.

 

“Kris, you don’t call me here only to find out any information related to Park Chanyeol, do you?”

 

Kris shook his head. “I initially wanted you to find someone for me.”

 

“But you changed your mind. Why?”

 

He gave Minseok a long look, totally unsure if he should tell him the truth. “Because I accidentally met her when I was walking out to catch some fresh air yesterday.”

 

“Care to explain more?” Minseok narrowed his eyes, regarding him with his scrutinizing gaze.

 

Kris cleared his throat before speaking to ease his nervousness. “You know that Soojin’s corpse was nowhere to be found after the accident happened and the police still haven’t found it until the investigation was stopped, don’t you?”

 

Minseok nodded his head. “And why are we suddenly talking about her?”

 

“Because it was her that someone I wanted you to find for me.” Kris said rather firmly.

 

“What? But she was dead, Kris. There was no possibility she would survive after her car-” Minseok suddenly stopped in the middle of his sentence as if he remembered something. He then shook his head while giving Kris a disbelief look. “You did not say that you met her, did you?”

 

“I did. I met her. She called my name. We talked.”

 

“You’ve gotta be kidding me, Kris. There is no way Choi Soojin is still alive.” Minseok leaned back against the couch, somewhat shocked.

 

“What? Choi Soojin is still alive? Is that for real?” Luhan’s voice came from behind Minseok. Kris glanced up to see him. He looked surprised to hear the nearly impossible news.

 

“I met her yesterday while I was walking out alone. I also met her today.” Kris said. Luhan stared at him in disbelief while plopping down himself on the empty spot beside Kris.

 

“That’s impossible.” His voice came out as a mere whisper. “Kris, are you sure you’re not making up this story? I know you secretly believe that she is living somewhere but you can’t-” His words trailed off as he received a death glare from the latter.

 

“I’m not lying, Luhan. You even ate the cake I bought from her pastry shop this morning.” Kris spat coldly, making Luhan gulped.

 

“But if she wasn’t killed in the car accident, why does she hide herself? Oh, don’t you say that the accident was schemed too. Does she even have any reason to do it?” Minseok replied.

 

“Everything is my fault.” Kris said vaguely as he gazed down at the floor.

 

“Wait. I need to ask you something before you continue, Kris.” Luhan said. “Did she survive from the accident or… her death was just a scenario?”

 

“Everything was plotted. She had never experienced the accident.” Kris muttered quietly.

 

“So, your baby is alive too?”

 

“Did you just mention ‘baby’? And you also referred the baby as Kris’?” Minseok stared at Luhan questioningly. Luhan could only swallow hard for his reckless outburst.

 

“He looks like me.” Kris replied with a shaky voice. There was a brief silence before he continued. “She raised him very well. She is really a great mother.”

 

“You met him? Your son?” Luhan his lips nervously.

 

Kris nodded. “He is a smart boy.” A smile playing across his lips when he could remember their first encounter two days ago. He remembered Daehyun’s smile. He remembered the way Daehyun called him. He remembered the adoration in his eyes when he looked at him. And most of all, he remembered it ver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter