Decision

Through Your Eyes

“I don’t know why I should still keep you in this house. What use are you to me?” she spits.

“I’m the daughter of your husband” I tell her.

“Ex-husband, mind you. Sorry if I have to remind you that that father of yours died in that explosion that should have killed you too” she says. I dig my nails into the palms of my hands.

“You’re a horrible woman, I don’t know what my dad ever saw in you” I tell her calmly. She laughs.

“Apparently more than in that stupid mother of yours” she says, looking at her freshly done nails. I glare at her.

“Don’t look at me like that, you’ll look even more hideous” she says with a disgusted face. I turn around and starts walking towards my room.

“Oh yeah, as preparation of you moving out, I took the liberty to clean your room” she says with a plainly calm voice. My eye widens and I stop immediately.

“Where did you put my stuff?” I ask. I hear her laugh.

“The only place where it belongs, the trash” she says. Not showing how hard she just broke me, I calmly walk to my room, only to break down once I closed the door after me. Through my teary eye I look around and look at the damage she caused. Nothing, nothing’s left. She removed, or better, let the people remove all my posters, my albums are gone, everything is gone. Everything dear to me has disappeared, everything that kept me alive after my dad died. I sit next to what once was my bed and cry, not loud enough for her to hear. Once I have calmed down a bit, I start thinking about what to do next. Staying with that witch won’t ever change, she’ll ruin my life until there really is nothing left of me. I get up and grab my only remaining backpack. I drag it to the closet and put in there the most useful clothes. Once I make sure I got the most useful stuff packed, I drag everything under the bed and open a little door in the floor. The stupid witch never knew of this. How could she, she never really showed much interest in anything except money. I quietly slip down the small tunnel until I reach a little whole in the wall. I smile as I remember my dad. He told me I should never trust anyone and I should always keep a little cash aside. Looks like even he didn’t trust  his new wives. Not planning to ever come again, I take the whole stack and put it in my backpack. As soon as I get outside, I make my way to the street unseen and head for the station. I run to get the last train that’s heading towards the city. I don’t care where I’m going, as long as it’s far from here. When I found myself a spot on the nearly empty train, I open my backpack and see the money and my old cat plush laying on top. I smile a bit.  Who would have thought he’d still recognize that old thing.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is our last stop for tonight, please get out at the next stop, the train will not continue” the intercom says. I sigh and get up to move to the exit. As I step out of the train, I notice it started snowing in the mean time. The whole city, including the streets are covered in an already thick layer of snow.  I blow little clouds and start making my way to I don’t know where.

 

_______________________________________________

AN: aaand the third one is on. I guess I'm on a roll :3