Chapter 1

The Masquerade Ball

Anon’s Pov

  

“About time,” I mumbled. I’ve been sitting on top of this old tree for 6 hours. My was aching. I jumped off the tree and landed safely on the forest green grass. Slowly, I approached Kiseop’s sleeping body and stared at him. “Every time! Every ing time Kiseop! You come here to the Red Blood’s World and drink this nasty !” I snapped. I sat down slowly and placed the demons head on my lap, looking up to the sky. “Kiseop.. You were never like this when you were younger. You were always playful and loving. You were always so caring and so nice to other people. Everyday, when we were together, when I was always sad, angry, or was in trouble, you were always there for me. Cheering me up. Listening to what I have to say. Helping me through ups and downs. What happened to him? What happened to that Kiseop? Did he disappear to another dimension? Or is it because you’re still depressed from that night? That was more than a hundred years ago. You were only 100! You’re 240 now Kiseop! You should be maturing, not letting that scar your whole entire life! Aish!” I ranted, messing my hair. I looked down at Kiseop, getting tired of looking up at the starry night sky. Slowly I moved my hands closer to his hair then after a few seconds I ran my fingers through his smooth, red hair. “I know how it feels to lose someone,” I whispered as I calm down.

   “Seoppie, I know what you’re feeling right now. Hurt, pain, loneliness, unhappiness, and depression. I’ve been there. I never had the courage to tell you because you changed right after it happened, so quickly..and you started your addiction to this liquid. All that power you got and showed in the Demon Games were to make yourself recognized and famous. Today you’re the prince. The adopted son of the Demon King... Are you planning on killing him? To gain power and take over the Demon World? Soon after the Red Blood’s? Why? Just to seek revenge? Why don’t you just move on? Find someone better! Someone that is powerful and strong like you. Someone that could save you. Someone that knows your true feelings. Someone like me..”

   I caressed his smooth cheeks. “Kiseop..I lo--” Out of nowhere, a wet cloth was covered over my mouth and nose, making me unable to breath. Eyes widen and shocked, I quickly tried to removed the hands, using all my strength. Minutes later I broke away, pushing the man down so I could catch my breath. “What the hell!” I boomed. As he was getting up, I glared at him. Without even thinking, I charged at him. Kicking him in the crotch and kneeing his face. “That’s what you get!” I screamed. I immidiately ran back to Kiseop and picking him up bridal style. Then spreading my wings and flies away from the scene. “Jeez, what the was that about?” I mumbled to myself.

 

 

 

Silver's POV

“Why can’t I go and get my damn rice cakes?” I snarled at my gang member. I was pinned up to a brick wall by a tall, unattractive man ever alive. To be honest, he’s cute but I just don’t say it. Actually, I don’t say a lot of things. Anyways, his name is Hoonmin. I call him Minnie the Mouse. Many people call him Hoon but I’m in love with my nickname much more. It suits him.  “I don’t want you to get into trouble,” he whispered gently. I glared at him for his stupidity. “Shut up. I can take care of myself. You know me,” I growled. “Now let me go.” I wiggled my arms. “No!” he barked. Then suddenly, he leaned down, really close to my face. “Why not!” I barked back. “Because...” Out of nowhere, his lips were pressed on to mines, hard. My eyes widen and bit his lips aggressively. Unknowingly, I broke away and slapped him hard on his face. “What the hell!” I bellowed, wiping my lips and spitting on ground repeatedly. I turned around and ran away. “What the hell was he thinking?” I choked. Suddenly, I started coughing. “Aish..” I cleared my throat and stopped at a rice cake cart. I’m glad this came along, I was starving! I bought myself four rice cakes and a bottle of water then head off to a nearby park. The park was decorated with winter lights and decorations. Snow was sprinkled down so it looked even more perfect. I smiled while eating my rice cake and sitting down on a bench in front of a water fountain. It was very peaceful. It’s 3 am, nobody around, and the sounds of the water fountain were all here. I layed my head back and closing my eyes, enjoying this relaxing beauty and not remembering what had happened the past few minutes ago.

>20 minutes later<

 

I was fast asleep on the cold bench, not knowing I would. I was dreaming of my past. My dark and scary past.

>Dream<

“Umma? Appa?” I said in my squeaky high voice. It looked like I was 4 and I was roaming around my house. I was searching for my mom and dad, knocking and entering every single room in my house. Until, I came up to one last door. Slowly, I peeked in and whispered,”Umma? Appa?” Unexpectedly, a bloody face appeared right in front of mines. Screaming like a girl and sobbing like a baby, that’s what happened. The bloody man picked me up and threw me besides my parents. I screamed and cried, hugging them tightly. “Umma! Appa!” The man threw out a knife and came closer to me. “Please no…please!” I looked at him with teary eyes. That just made him come closer and closer. I continued to sob, waiting for it to finally come to an end.

 
Suddenly, ice cold water was splashed on to my face. “What the hell!” I screamed, wiping the ing cold water off my face. I shivered and blinked a few times to see where I was. I was still at the park. The same usual park. But something was different. There was two figures in the water fountain. “Oh my god. Are you okay?” I yelled, running towards them. One guy had white pair of wings, wearing all white, and had light brown hair. The other guy was just wearing all black and red hair. Am I hallucinating? Or are they gay couples, drunk, and wearing couple outfits or something? I picked them up one by one to place them on the bench. They’re ice cold. I began to worry, thinking they were going to die without heat. Just then I realized my apartment was near by. "I’ll just carry one first and come back for the other," I thought. I leaned down and picked up the dark one.
“, he’s heavy,” I thought in my head. Without caring, I threw the heavy guy on one of my couches, in my living room. I tried to catch my breath and jumped on my other couch to rest, but then I remembered the other guy, who is still at the park, freezing to death.
“Damn it,” I yelled. “This is so annoying! Why didn’t I just leave them? AISH!”

>A few minutes later<

I left both of them on my couches and covered them with a fluffy warm blanket that was just washed. Lucky, Minnie washed them for me before I left. That stupid nice mouse. I dried their hair with a towel and went to make hot chocolate for them.


decorative_line%201.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CA

 

Kiseop’s POV

 

I slowly opened my eyes to check if she left. Finally, that annoying piece of was getting on my last nerve. Might as well kill her and leave. I looked around the room to check if anyone else was here as well, but all I could see is a blurry room. Everything was black and blue and the only white speck on the other side. I blinked a few time to adjust my vision then started to rub my eyes. After a few rubs, my vision came back.
“Soohyun?” I said, recognizing the white blur as it came to focus.

Why the heck did he follow me here to the Red Blood’s World and why does that human even care about strangers like us? That’s too much questions. I sat up and removed the wrapped blanket around me. ! I covered myself back up again and fell back on to the warm couch. Stupid angels like you should stay down and stop following me and leave me alone. I covered my nose and mouth from the coldness. If I get near an angel, even looking at one, I freeze up. Somehow, it really starts to get annoying, since this happened recently. Maybe it’s a new power the angels had been gifted from their King.

“Oh. You’re up,” a girls voice came. I looked over to where the voice came and saw, standing there holding hot mugs on a tray, was the chick that has been taking care of us. I smiled warmly, trying to act like their kind.
“Sorry for all the trouble me and my f-friend caused you,” I said kindly. I really wanted to barf since I called that flying freak my friend. As if. I sat up, still snuggled in the blanket. I looked at the human as she sat next to me.

“I see you don’t want to use your hands to drink yourself,” she said as she blew on the hot drink to cool it down.
“Well, as you can see. I’m freezing cold from him...I mean the weather,” I tried not to get into an argument with her cause it’ll wake up that stupid son of a..
“Lazy-,” I heard her whisper to herself, suddenly.
“Excuse me?” I bursted out.

She turned to me shocked.
“What?” she asked.
“You just called me a lazy-, you ” I rose my voice.
“Hey! Shut up! Don’t call me a , ! I thought it! I never said it! Are you a mind-reader or something because if you were read this!” she yelled.
I touched her hand and used my basic powers to read it.
“You’re ugly,” she thought.
“YAH!” I screamed.

She struck her tongue at me and held up the mug close to my lips.
“It’s cooled now. Drink it.” she said calmly.
I stared at her, wondering why she changed her emotions so fast. Isn’t she going to question my ability to read minds? The smoke and scent of the hot liquid went to my nose. I looked down at it and took a sip.
“Good. Now finish it. I have to take care of the other.”
She stood up and went to the other couch to wake up the sleeping angel. She’s odd. I took the delicious drink and drank the whole thing in one go. Humans are so odd.