The Thief

The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Procrastination means that you get a super quick update! wo0o0o0

I was going to upload this tomorrow... but then I was like naaaah

                    The room was black. Jongwoon couldn’t see a thing as he stood up, his arms reaching out aimlessly, trying to find a wall so that he could try and navigate his way out of the endless room.

 

                    “Where are we?” Jongwoon asked, his voice wavering. He walked slowly, his fingers lightly scraping against the rough wall, it was actually rather comforting. Each dent within the surface gave Jongwoon the sense of security of there being something next to him, something to lean on.

 

                    “We are in a pitch black room.” The reply cause hairs to raise on Jongwoon’s arms.

 

                    “Get me out of here.” Jongwoon breathed, his legs beginning to feel like they were going to give way and he could feel the contents of his stomach slowly making its way back up.

 

                    “Princess, you know I can’t do that.” The reply came from the other side of the room from where the previous sentence was originally spoken from. Jongwoon twisted his head to try and find the source of the voice. But he could tell that the person had already moved from his original position.

 

                    “I can’t do this. I am scared of the dark.” Jongwoon had always hated the dark. From a young age, he would make sure there was some form of light source, usually a candle, in the corner of the room just so that Jongwoon could make out the shadows from his toys. Sometimes that scared him more though because he would think there were creatures living under his bed and in his cupboards that wait for night time before coming out. It was then where he would call for a servant to keep him company as he tried to sleep. Usually it would be Ryeowook because Ryeowook loved to sing lullabies which would slowly lull the scared prince to sleep.

 

                    “There is an exit. But you have to find it.”

 

                    “No please, thief. I am terrified. And I am not a princess! I am male!” The thief laughed. It amused him that Jongwoon had the ability to still point out that he was not a princess but a prince instead despite being in a position that made him feel uncomfortable. But that had no effect on the thief whatsoever.

 

                    Jongwoon slowly got down onto his knees, his hands still touching the wall to make sure that he was still on the side of the room, or corridor, he didn’t know which it was.

 

                    He decided to think of the room as a maze, where if there was a split in the walls, if he turned right, it would eventually lead to the exit. So he crawled forwards, knowing that if he walked instead he would have probably fallen over by then and the consequences would have been relatively bad. He never let his right hand leave the wall. If he did, all sense of hope would disappear, and hope was all he had at this point; all his other senses were completely useless because of the lack of light.

 

                    What felt like hours passed and he began to feel less scared. The determination he had towards getting out of the horrible room had overcome the fear and in fact, it felt rather serene. He liked being in a silent room on his own. It gave him time to think.

 

                    He thought about what the thief, his thief, did when he didn’t come to steal him away. Whether he went to a neighbouring kingdom and stole another prince or princess and took them to places that they wouldn’t enjoy, or places where Jongwoon could only wish to go.

 

                    He also thought about what the thief’s name was. He wondered if the thief’s name would be pretty, like his eyes. He only ever got to see the thief’s eyes, never the rest of the face. But he knew that if he saw the thief’s whole face, he would recognise it immediately because the purple eyes were something he had never seen before. They were enticing, hypnotizing even.

 

                    He thought about where else the thief was planning on taking him in the future. Maybe somewhere nice for once? He quite liked the idea of visiting the forests of Peric, because he had heard the rumours that at night all of the flowers, on the ground and on the trees, would glow. The idea of that was beautiful and he would love to visit that someday. He also liked the idea of visiting the clouds of Perth because at night, the clouds surrounding it change colour due to the light. He wasn’t sure when he would do it, but it was definitely on his bucket list of things to see before he died.

 

                    Eventually, he could begin to see a small light appearing in the distant, and he crawled towards it. A huge amount of happiness flowing through him as he made his way out of the maze. The light blinded his eyes but he was happy that he had gotten out.

 

                    “I am so proud of you, princess.” The thief said, grasping Jongwoon’s hand to help him stand up. “I will take you back now.”

 

 

                    “Mother, Father, I want to move bedroom.” Jongwoon walked over to his parents one Tuesday morning. They were eating breakfast in the dining room. Jongwoon’s parents were sat at one end of the mahogany table while Jongwoon sat at the other end, eating his bowl of cereal slowly and observing the intricate details of a painting that two of the servants were trying to put up on one of the walls. He had bags under his eyes because he didn’t sleep well from knowing that the thief would be coming to his bedroom that night and taking him on another adventure that he knew he would hate.

 

                    Jongwoon couldn’t even remember when the thief had first made his appearan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter