Prologue

The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                    Jongwoon is scared of many things.

 

                    He is scared of the dark. He is scared of heights. He is scared of change. He is scared of falling in love. The list is endless.

 

                    But most of all, he is scared of the thief.

 

                    He had often complained to his parents about the thief that would steal him from his bedroom, but his parents would often ignore him because they were too busy to deal with their only son. That was the only frustrating thing about being born into royalty.

 

                    Instead, he would tell his personal servant, Ryeowook, about his concerns about this thief of his. Ryeowook would always listen to Jongwoon’s stories and tell him that the thief was merely a figment of his imagination. He had to be because the palace was guarded 24:7 which meant that if the thief was to get onto royal grounds, he would have been caught by the royal guards before he would have even gotten to the main entrance of the building.

 

                    And Jongwoon believed him.

 

                    But the thief would continue to take him away at night and returning him back to the safety of his bed by dawn; often tearful from the events that had occurred, but still in one piece.

 

                    If Jongwoon was not studying, he would be spending his time thinking about the thief, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter