Chapter Five

Before the Dawn

“Dear Gosh! Would you stop playing the role of a damaged fawn!” HwaYoung screamed at YoungJae. It was most recently, as in the last two months that we’ve been staying here, that the two have grown farther apart.

JiMin and HwaYoung have recently grown closer and closer thus pushing YoungJae and her farther apart. JungKook and I after the ‘incident’ decided that we should be in a relationship based off of our feelings for each other. While MiCha had the struggle of putting up with two gang leaders that wanted to be with her.

“I’m not a damaged fawn! Would you stop being such a -“

“WOULD BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!” I screamed covering my ears. They have being arguing about something so stupid for about an hour and a half. I was the only person here with them and I was about ready to pull my own hair out. Ari and MiCha had run out to the store to get something’s.

“WHY DON’T YOU STAY OUT OF THIS!” HwaYoung yelled, throwing a lamp at me. I dodged it and screamed before walking into the kitchen.

"WHY DON'T YOU STOP CHEATING ON YOUR BOYFRIEND!"

"I KNOW YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT MS. OH-I-THINK-I'M-FREAKING-PERFECT!"

"I KNOW I'M NOT BUT AT LEAST I'M NOT A CHEATER!" I screamed from the kitchen, this girl was more hormonal than a pregnant woman.I needed to get out and get some fresh air.

Putting on my tennis shoes I grabbed the doorknob and took a step outside. The crisp fall air embracing me in warmth. I smiled to myself and began my walk around the block. Or at least until I feel like going back to those two.

“HEY!” Someone shouted, I turned around and saw a tall lanky boy. I looked around, trying to see if he was talking to my or someone else. He wasn’t.

“Me?”

“Yeah! I’m SungYeol! I’ve been looking all over for you!” He said walking up to me and placing his arms around my shoulders. I scrunched my eyebrows and looked at him.

“You have?” I asked, trying to remove his arm from around me. Once I did I began to pick up my pace and headed back towards the house. He followed me and jogged to catch up to me.

“Yeah I have! I’ve been looking for your boyfriend JungKook! You know the one who killed my little bother; SungJong.” He said grabbing onto my wrist. I looked at him in horror; he was a member of Infinite.

I shouldn’t have gone out of the house.

“I’m sorry but you must have the wrong person.” I laughed, trying to get him to release my wrist.

“NO! I don’t, you had been housing him until YoungGuk came and then when we burned down BTS’s home. We’ve been following you. We just didn’t know where you’d gone. I’m so happy I found you.” The sadistic grin that was on his face terrified me to no end.

“LET ME GO!” I shouted slamming my foot down on top of his. Quickly he released me and I bolted back to B.A.P’s house for safety. He was right behind me though, only a couple steps behind.

“JangMi! What in the world are you doing?” Ai shouted, standing at the back door.

“Running from an Infinite member!” I screamed back, picking up my speed I made it to the door in time and slammed it shut.

“There was no one behind you.” Ari replied, looking at me with a crazy look. I stood up and locked the door.

“I promise you Ari there was a man behind me. His name was SungYeol he said he’d been looking for me.” I explained, walking into the main kitchen area and closing the blinds.

“Ok….If you say so.”She commented.I walked into the living room where only V remained, claiming he was our body guard for a while, or at least until the others returned.

“V! Do you know who SungYeol is?” I asked, obviously interrupting his happy moment. He froze instantly and grabbed me by the shoulders.

“Why?!?!”

“I went for a walk and he chased me and told me he’d been looking for me. And something about his little brother being dead because of JungKook.”

“Don’t leave the house! I’ll be right back! MiCha, Air you both have a gun handy don’t you?” He desperately uttered, his grip on my shoulders tightening tremendously.

“Yeah why?”


“I’m going to get everyone. Don’t any of you leave the house. Turn off the lights go to the secret room and  tay hidden.” I nodded my head, not completely understanding what he was saying. He walked upstairs and grabbed something before taking us to the secret safe room.

“I’ll be back soon.” And with that he left us in the room before he left the house. HwaYoung rolled her eyes and opened the door to head back to the living room.

“I’m not staying down here.”

“Why not?” Ari asked following suit of her. I watched MiCha tag along, a feeling in my stomach kept me frozen on the spot. Usually this would be the time when something bad happens.

“You coming JangMi?” MiCha asked standing in the doorway. I thought for a moment and pushed the uneasiness away to the back of my mind.

“Yeah.” I quickly jogged up the steps after everyone, an unsettled feeling in my gut. 

“Why won’t the stupid light turn on!” HwaYoung shouted in frustration. I looked over at the wall and watched as she furiously flipped the switch.

“Surprise little one…”A voice whispered from behind me. I screamed and an arm wrapped itself around me and pulled me close to a body.

“Let go of her!” MiCha shouted puling out a gun and aiming it at the person behind me. Instantly I covered my stomach, trying to protect the unborn life.

A shot was fired.

MiCha fell against the wall gripping her shoulder; a trail of blood stained the wall. I tried to wiggle my way out of the persons grip, finally giving up I bite their arm and stomped on their foot. They released me and I rushed over to her.

“SungYeol I thought you had a good grip on her!” Someone boomed.

“I did but the stupid brat bit me!” The man from earlier growled, pulling his gun out and pointing it at me. I cringed and ignored it to try to examine MiCha’s wound.

“I can tell you myself sweetheart she going to be out of commission for a while.” The new voice announced coming forth from the back. He had small eyes, and he reminded me of a hamster but he had great hair. I really shouldn’t’ be thinking of that right now.

“What do you want?” Ari asked, handing resting on her gun in her back pocket. The hamster man smirked and laughed maliciously.

“Why of course a payment. An eye for an eye, as some would say.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” HwaYoung asked, glaring daggers at the men. I stared at them and made eye contact with hamster boy.

“It’s simple really. JungKook took our SungJong so its our rightful place to take-”

“Me” I breathed, watching the blood ooze from MiCha’s wound. I took off my cardigan and put it over her wound and began applying pressure to it. My once white cardigan was stained with red.

“Why sweetheart you do know!” Hamster boy laughed, walking forward to us. HwaYoung picked up the lamp and threw it at him. Shoots were fired and she was shot in the abdomen.

“Hwayoung!” I shouted trying to stand up and go to her. Hamster boy looked at me and frowned.

“Why must you all make this so hard?” He asked raising his own gun and waving it around like a madman.

“Why are you psycho?” Ari retorted, hand still lingering on her gun.

“Don’t make me shoot you.” The threat was there and he wasn’t kidding. Two people had been shot, he wasn’t kidding with his threat. He was dead serious.

“I’ll go with you! Don’t shoot anyone else!” I shouted, still next to MiCha.

“Good this makes this so much easier! SungYeol go grab the one on the ground and Hoya those to out. Leave the other one here, she’s not long for this world.” He smirked as SungYeol walked over to us. He threw MiCha over his shoulder while another male walked over to us.

“Come on ladies but first you” he said pointing at Ari, “give me your gun. Now.” Ari stared him down for a minute until he pointed his gun right at my head, at that point she reluctantly gave him.

“I’m sorry.” I said as the boys pushed us out of the house. She was barely moving let own breathing. Tears gathered in my eyes as I was thrown in a van.

“Drive Myungsoo. We’ll meet you back at the warehouse.” Hamster boy said before shutting the door.

“MiCha!” I exclaimed making my way towards my injured friend. Ari took off her sweater and handed it to me. I pushed down onto her wound and tried to stop the blood flow.

“You-!”

“Watch what you say!” Myungsoo, the driver, shouted glaring at us from the rearview mirror. She glared at him and sent hateful words his way. I ignored them and pressed harder onto her wound.

“Ari do you still have your carry on emergency make up case?” I asked, begging-no hoping that she did. We needed to get the bullet out of MiCha’s shoulder.

“I do…why?”

“Does it have tweezers in it?” I asked, my voice sounding more and more unsteady.

I think I’m going to hurl.

“Yeah”

“Give them to me!”

Fumbling around her pocket she pulled out her small pack and handed me them.

“Ari I need you to help me turn MiCha around.” She nodded her head and we slowly turned MiCha onto her stomach. I began to tear the back of MiCha’s shirt in order to get to the wound. It was close enough to the surface of her back that I was able to dig the tweezers in a little bit and remove the bullet.

“AH!” MiCha screamed as I pulled the bullet out.

“Hand me my cardigan!” I frantically voiced, waving my hand around while Ari grabbed it. I took it and pressed down onto the wound.

“Is she going to be okay?” She asked, a worried look on her face. I frowned and stared at my now unconscious friend.

“I don’t know.”

“I’m scared.” Ari admitted for the first time ever. I blinked and I felt wetness on my hand.

I was crying.

“I am too Ari. I’m terrified to say the least.”

And that was all that was uttered until we arrived at the so-called warehouse. We were taken and brought into a room with no windows, and no lights; only a door.

After what felt like years the door was opened, revealing the SungYeol walked into the room with a smirk on his face.

“Your dearest beloved what’s to speak to you, It’s a shame that they already figured it out that we have you.” He said as he handed the phone over to me.

Bile rose in my throat.

“JangMi?!” JungKook breathed, and all my tears came pouring down.

“Jungkook!”

“Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Who’d they hurt?”

“I’m fine! No they didn’t, MiCha was shot. How’s HwaYoung?” I sobbed; Ari placed a hand onto MiCha and brought her arm around her shoulders.

“Do you know where you are?” He asked, sounding desperate and terrified. I sobbed harder as Ari swung at SungYeol and knocked him out. His body now laying unconscious on the floor.

“No…how is HwaYoung?” I asked as we booked it out of the room. I turned around and shut the door, locking him inside.

“She’s...it's unknown right now.” He whispered. I ran to Ari and helped her with MiCha and we ran towards the door.

We busted through the door and ran out of the building, setting off and alarm.

“What’s going on?” He asked, his voice rose.

“We’re escaping,”

“What’s around you?”

“Buildings and…” Ari tripped and fell onto the ground. MiCha who was now somewhat conscious was standing on her own strength.

“And what?!”

“A lake…” I whispered stopping and pulling Ari up before we took off again. We ran towards a taxi.

“We have a taxi now!”

“Go to this address….XXX XXXXXXX XXXXXX” I repeated it as we entered the taxi and shots were fired. I jumped down while Ari told the driver to step on it.

“I love you” JungKook whispered, and I looked behind us, “I love you both so much.” I cried as he kept repeating it before the phone died.

We stayed in the car and drove for what felt like an hour; it could've been more, I honestly didn't care. When we left the building were Infinite was keeping us, the sun was up and it was begging to set. So maybe it has been more than one hour, maybe it's been a couple.

My mind is to frazzled to even fully comprehend anything that has happened. My mind is too frazzled to even care. 

MiCha and Ari had been all too quiet making me believe that they were asleep. It's only understandable that they were allowed to sleep, it's a way to cope with things such as this. I know all I wanted to do is ignore the world and forget about everything.

"Miss, we've arrived at your location." The driver said from the front. I snapped out of my traffic jam of thoughts and glanced at him.

"Ah, thank you..."

"SungJong." He replied with a sympathetic smile.

"Thank you SungJong."I whispered getting out of the car and looking for people. From the distance I saw a person, he was very tall and stuck out. I waved my hands in the air trying to catch his attention. He turned behind him and then began to run to us. I stayed close to the door and counted the people that followed him, just incase I needed to run away.

13 people. 13 people.

We were safe, and for the first time since were taken by Infinite I felt clam and relaxed. I walked away from the car and began to run towards them, JungKook was here. 

Everything was going to be fine.

I crashed into JungKook's embrace and sobbed. I couldn't form a complete sentence let alone a clear coherent sound. 

"Are you hurt?"

I shook my head.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded my head.

"I'm so glad that you're alright-"

Everything stopped; well at least for me it did. JungKook looked terrified and so did the rest of BTS. I don't know why though, it doesn't make any sense. I felt my legs give out and I slipped down from JungKook's embrace.

"JANGMI!" Someone shouted, while JungKook grabbed onto me and laid me down on the ground. 

What's going on? 

"SHE'S BEEN SHOT!" Another voice yelled, is that V? 

Who's been shot?  

It was then that the pain radiating from my chest was ever present. Ah, I was shot...Does this mean I'm going to die? I guess so....

"IT'S A CHEST WOUND! GET THE CAR! WE'RE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL!" Yet another person shouted, everyone's voice was blending in now. I heard footsteps-they were heavy footsteps, as they ran off. 

You know how they say that when you think you're doing to die everything slows down and your life flashes before your eyes; they lied. All you see is everything blending in and you can't tell what's going on.

"Hey, JangMi...open.....keep....don't......me." Someone who I assume to be JungKook brokenly whispered. 

Is he crying? Please don't cry JungKook.... 

I begged my body to let me touch him, to touch his face. But of course as it would be, it wouldn't let me. 

"JUNGKOOK! COME ON I'VE THIS TAXI RIGHT HERE!"

Suddenly I felt like I was floating and it was the most calming feeling in the world. I don't think anything else could compare to this feeling. There was no way to describe it other than do you know who you feel when you know you're in love with someone? It's like that but some much better, you're just wishing, hoping, and praying that the feeling never disappears.

 

 

I gasped and swung up. The stinging pain in my shoulder caught my attention and my hand flew to where the pain was.

A somewhat quiet scream worked its way out of my mouth. Which caused a woman in scrubs to come rushing into the room. She looked so surprised and stared at me for a moment before she ran out of the room. 

I looked round the room and saw bland colors and grimaced. This must be a hospital; everything was so lifeless.

"Doctor she's awake!" The woman from before said to a man while they rushed into my room. He stared at me before walking over to the door to shut it.

"I'm-"

"A doctor."

"I'm JiHoon, you're friend left you here." He stated, while looking at papers on a clip board. Never once did he bother to look up from them and the women was no better; her eyes trained on the ground.

"Friend? And when did they do this?" I asked, giving him a little glare. He was making me a little mad by not clearly stating what the crap is going on.

"Yes, your friend. I believe his name was Jungkook. He dropped you off almost a month ago."

"Oh..."

"But other than that news,you are very healthy. You'll be abl to go home in another week." Dr. JiHoon added, a light look on his face.

"But there is one problem..."The woman muttered, as she twiddled with her fingers. I waited for her to answer; however, she never did.

"Do tell me what that would be." 

"Regarding your friend-"

"He's my boyfriend.”

"Neither he nor anyone else has come to visit you've been here." JiHoon spat at me, while he probably didn't mean to but it came out that way. I had a hard time really processing this information and I didn't really understand it until long after the two had left me alone.

"...."

I laid myself down onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. This can't be happening to me, this is just a nightmare...

"Why?" That night and the other following my stay at the hospital I cried myself to sleep.

After that I made a promise to myself not to cry anymore; that they weren't worth my tears. It wasn't until the next time I went out to visit ChanYeol and I saw Kai and SeHun that I broke down.

I was abandoned by Jungkook, someone who had captured my heart. It was hard to process everything that was suddenly going on around me, but I knew one thing; I was all alone. 

After all, we're abandoned by the ones we thought cared.