Chapter Two

Before the Dawn

"Well...how do I put this nicely?" MiCha asked, looking at the other two. HwaYoung shrugged her shoulders but Ari took the initiative on it.

"He's part of a gang." Ari stated, never breaking eye contact with JungKook. I took a deep breath and slowly nodded my head, urging them to continue.

"The main gang..."HwaYoung added, as she walked out of my bedroom. I creased my eyebrows and followed her out and into the living room. She promptly dropped onto her sleeping bag and crawled inside of it.

"What do you mean by the main gang? " I called, watching her snuggle up and try to cover her face, She shook her head furiously and surprisingly enough she didn't say anything; nor did she make a face about it either.

"The main gang is BTS or BangTan Boys and they are the most dangerous and deadliest gang in all of Seoul. Your friend JungKook not only happens to be a member but he is the youngest member. They don't like people who go after the youngest." MiCha sighed as she walked into the living room dragging Ari with her. I held my breath and waited for JungKook to walk out and say that they were wrong. No I just wanted him to walk out and tell me that everything was going to be okay.

"JangMi you need to let him go..."HwaYoung piped up, "it's not safe for you if you're with him."

"I never kept him here though, I gave him the option. He could've left at anytime but...I thought..." I whispered, feeling the wetness in my eyes build up.

"What did you think JangMi?" MiCha asked, her hands now on her hips and a frown on her face. I shook my head and began to stand up to head towards my bedroom.

"I need him to answer some things first..." I muttered beginning my journey back to my bedroom," JungKook, is what they are telling my the truth?" I asked through the shut door.

"Of course its the truth JangMi, this is us you're talking about..."Ari mumbled loud for me to hear. I rolled my eyes at her and this time I knocked on the door.

No response.

"JungKook, are you there?" I asked, knocking on the door again. Still I got no response. Frustrated I tried to open the door but noticed it was locked. I jumbled with the knob for a minute until I heard a click, signaling that it was now unlocked. I ran into the room and saw that it was missing a person. Immediately I began searching for him but I came up with nothing other than the open window. I slumped onto the floor and stared blankly outside into the night. 

He left; JungKook left me.

"JangMi-I'm sorry." I turned my head and looked at my friends whom where holding at note in their hands. Tears fell down from my eyes like a waterfall. I don't why though I had only known him for a month but I was crying about him.

"He left it for you..."Ari stated a sad smile on her face. I suddenly felt like I couldn't breath and I began to sob hysterically.

The rest of the night went by so slowly and the girls did still sleepover after the events involving him. Look at me now I can't even say his name anymore. Gosh I'm so weak...

Everyone left the next morning, including myself. Work was like an escape for me, but it was probably because I got to spend my time with the two cutest little boys in the entire world. Just thinking about them but a smile to my face.

"JangMi! oh you're early-" ChanYeol's deep voice sounded as he opened the door to his apartment. I nodded my head and tried my best to give a smile; whether it is fake or not.

"Yes, I thought I could make breakfast for you three while you get ready. I mean if that is okay with you?" I babbled, readjusting my bag full of movies and clothes on my shoulder. ChanYeol smiled his dorky smile and nodded his head eagerly. He then waved me into the apartment and I set my bag down on the couch before heading to the kitchen.

ChanYeol had a business trip that he has to attend for the next three days and I am going to be staying here until he comes back. SeHun and Kai were always the two people who I can really trust to bring a smile to my face. Even though they are like two almost three.

I walked into the kitchen and took some eggs out of the fridge. I set them on the counter while I got the pan out and placed it on the stove, which I after wards. For breakfast I decided that they should have Sunnyside up eggs and little bit of French toast. As I was actually making the French toast I decided to make ChanYeol lunch as well considering that all he had in the fridge from what my friends brought over yesterday was left over Kim chi spaghetti not doubt made by his neighbor Lay, who also had two children.

"Aish! JangMi would you mind watching Lay's children for a couple of hours today? I forgot to ask yesterday because of...." 

"Sure, the more the merrier I always say." I say as I put the remaining food in a container for him to take and finish up their breakfast. Carefully I pick the pan and put everyone at least an egg or two on their plate.

"I will go wake the two sleepy heads." I said, placing the French toast plate in the center of the table. ChanYeol nodded his head while he stood in front of the mirror in the hallway fixing his tie.

I walked into the sleeping angels bedroom and smiled at them. Of course they were still asleep, it was after all earlier than the usual time I come over. Gently I picked up a sleeping SeHunnie and smiled as he began to shake his head, moving it into the area connecting my shoulder and neck. 

"SeHunnie..." I patted his back and waited for him, "it's time to get up big boy." He mumbled incoherent things, while pulling his little blanket closer to his face. Once again I smiled and agave him a big kiss on the check. "Come on big boy breakfast is ready." He lifted his head and stared at me before nodding his head.

"mowning daddy..." He mumbled once I set him down on the ground and bounded off towards the table holding the food. I then moved onto what would be one of my greatest challenges I have yet to face.

Waking up Kai.

Picking him up as well I patted his back and whispered his name into his ear. He covered his ears with his blanket and thrashed his head around for a minute before settling down. I went for a different approach this time

"Don't you want to saw good-bye to daddy before he leaves for a while?" I asked, jumping a very tiny bit. This caught his attention and he instantly perked up and nodded his head. I didn't set him down but I carried him to the table where he joined his brother and father at the table. 

This was probably the closest thing I had to family, besides my very own. After graduating high school I had saved up enough money that I could rent and apartment while attending university(I had a scholarship). Shortly after graduating university with a degree in childhood education I began working for Mr. Park ChanYeol taking care and educating his two children.

"So daddy is going to go away for work for three days, will you two be good little boys for JangMi?" ChanYeol asked, whiping the corner of his mouth a napkin and taking a sip of his orange juice. 

"They are little angels, Mr. Park." I smiled, patting SeHunnie on his head and helping Kai reach his orange juice in his Sippy cup. ChanYeol smiled and shook his head mumbling that they weren't always like that and I gave a quiet chuckle at him.

"CRAP! Look at the time; I have to go! I love you boys have fun and be safe! Thank you again JangMi!" ChanYeol spoke running to grab his stuff and leave. I grabbed his lunch and waited by the door with the two boys as they said their good byes and I handed him his lunch. A gave me a kiss on the cheek before his muttered a thank you and ran out of the door.

"Come on boys let’s finish eating breakfast and then we'll play with Uncle Lay’s kids! How does that sound?” I asked, picking SeHunnie off the ground and giving him a kiss on the cheek when I saw the tears in his eyes.

“YES!!!” They both shouted and a childish smile taking up their face.

After that I took them back to the table and they quickly finished their breakfast and helped me clean the dishes. It was around eight o’clock that Lay dropped his two children, Chen and XiuMin, off at the Park apartment.

“I’m sorry to have to ask you to do this!” lay apologized as he took his children’s coats off of their bodies. I smiled and shook my head.

“No, it’s quite alright! I love taking care and spending time with kids!” Lay looked a little bit relived when I said that because he let out a sigh and smiled very brightly.

“Thank you, I will be back to pick them up at three o’clock.” He said before giving his two children a kiss on top of their heads and then he left.

We played until ten before I set them all down for a nap before waking them up at 11:30 to start making them lunch.

“Since Chen and XiuMin are guests they get to choose what to have for lunch!” I cheered, clapping my hands and laughing at the looks on their faces. I then opened the fridge and say that there was nothing in there, I frowned and then turned to the boys.

“So what do you want to order for take out?” I asked, smiling at the children. XiuMin and Chen looked at me strangely before clapping their hands excitedly.

“Chinese!” XiuMin cheered, raising his three and a half year old voice. I nodded my head and grabbed the phone to dial the closest Chinese restaurant that delivers and ordered for the children and myself.

“Do you want us to deliver the food?” The person asked, I had to think about it for a minute before I nodded my head. I then realized that the person was on the other side of the phone and I smacked my forehead.

“Yes, please. Thank you!”

“It will be there in 30 minutes.” The person said before hanging up. I smiled and set the phone down before I turned to the four children sitting at the table.

“Let’s play a game until the food gets here~” I sang picking up XiuMin and swinging him around.

“YES!” They all shouted, before yelling that we should play hide-in-go-seek. I set XiuMin down and smiled while I nodded my head.

“Okay, I’ll count! Ready?” I closed my eyes and faced the refrigerator.

“ONE” I heard the shuffling of eight feet, “TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT, NINE.” I heard a little giggle.

“TEN! READY OR NOT HERE I COME!” I shouted while opening my eyes. Walking into the living room area I saw a foot sticking out from underneath the couch and an arm sticking out from a pillow.

“Got you!” I called, giving a little tug on the two body parts. Both of the boys squealed and I laughed at them. XiuMin and Kai popped out and pouted. I gave each boy a kiss on the cheek and they both grinned. “Now help me find ChenChen and SeHunnie!” I encouraged, and they pulled me in the direction of where one of the boys where hiding.

From a tiny cabinet you could hear a little person breathing hard. Slowly I walked up to it and threw the doors open; revealing Chen.

“ Found you ChenChen!” I cheered picking him up from the cabinet. He squealed and grinned oh so very brightly and began jumping in my arms.

“MI!” A frightened voice shouted and I took off towards the balcony. I shoved the door open and saw that the man from yesterday trying to grab SeHun. Quickly I grabbed SeHun and shut the door; locking it immediately afterwards.

“Close the curtains, go lock all the windows!” I whispered, running to go relock the front door, while the two older children took action and locked the windows. Kai and SeHunnie closed the curtains and then they all ran over to me and we hid underneath the kitchen table. I grabbed my cell phone and dialed a cell number; JungKook’s cell number.

“Hello?” A voice asked; this wasn’t JungKook though.

“May I speak to JungKook? Please!” I asked, pulling the three children closer to me.

“Tell me who this is first-“

“Tell him its JangMi!” I cried, hearing glass shattering and landing on the ground.

“Hello JangMi-“

“HELP ME PLEASE! JUNGKOOK I’M SCARED!” I sobbed bringing the boys closer to me. I heard a sharp intake of breath and he yelled something out to the people in the background.

“Where are you?” He asked, his voice laced with worry.

“At my boss’ place, with his children and the neighbor’s children.” I quickly breathed, counting the four heads around me.

“We’ll be there soon.” He said before hanging up the phone.I dropped the phone and ushered the children to the bottom cabinets. They all looked terrified and I tried to calm them down.

“Hide and seek, okay? That man is it and we don’t want him to find us.” I smiled shutting SeHunnie in the cabinet after covering him up with his blankie. Rechecking the cabinets I made sure that all four children were hidden before I went back to the table and sat under it. Upon hearing footsteps my heart rate not only increased but it soon became the only thing that I could hear.

The man’s feet were now standing directly in front of me. Slowly his hand creped to the edge of the tablecloth and then he pulled it up.

“JangMi, it’s me JungKook!” His face appeared and I let my sobs become louder as they continued.

“JungKook!” I screamed jumping into his arms and wrapping my arms around his neck. He placed a comforting yet hesitant hand on my back and patted it.

“It’s okay, I’m here now. Where are the kids?” He whispered prying my hands from his neck.

“It’s- It’s okay boys you can come out now.” I hiccupped, wiping my tears furiously with my hands. Four tentative little heads peeked out of the cabinets. SeHunnie ran over to me and crawled into my arms.

“Its okay baby boy, its okay.” I whispered planting kisses on his head and holding him close to my heart.

“Let’s get you to you apartment, but before that let’s get the boys things together.” JungKook said, while standing up and picking XiuMin and ChenChen up, I nodded my head.

“Where’s Kai?” I asked, searching around the little kitchen. Quiet little sobs were coming from a cabinet still. Shuffling towards it with my arms full of SeHunnie I opened the door.

“Kai! Come here!” I cried pulling him into my arms as well. Both he and his brother latched onto me immediately and each had their blankets in their hands.

JungKook patted my shoulders and helped me said up. In the living room stood six other boys- well I mean men. How about this, let’s just go with males. But the one who stood out was the one who had tried to break into the house. I jumped behind JungKook and pointed at the male.

“JangMi why are you pointing at JiMin?” He incredulously asked while looking at me like I was crazy and after the day I had to day I might as well have been crazy.

“That’s who tried to take my SeHunnie.” I whispered into the back of his shirt. I felt him tense up before he was gone from in front of me. Instead he was in front of JiMin repeatedly punching him in the face and stomach.

 

“Let’s go get their stuff!” JungKook shouted as he picked Chen and XiuMin up and headed towards me. I nodded my head and walked towards the kid’s room and he trailed closely behind me. Upon entering the room I set Kai and SeHunnie down and JungKook did the same with XiuMin and Chen.

“What you doing?” SeHunnie asked, as he wiped his remaining tears off of his face. I smiled at him and quickly shoved clothes in a bag. I took some little pillows and a couple of blankets before throwing them in a bag as well.

“You’re going to be staying with me!” I cheered as Kai clapped his hands, before wiping his snotty nose with his favorite blankie. I grabbed some other things like books, shampoo, etc.

“You almost done?” JungKook asked, as he walked into the room. I nodded my head and then looked at the children.

“Are you guys ready to go!?” I asked, forcing myself to sound excited. They all looked really excited so I slung the bag to JungKook and picked up SeHunnie and Kai. Chen and XiuMin ran over to JungKook and he picked them up as well.

“Be quick! Don’t stop no matter what they say, okay?” he asked, as we exited the kid’s room. I nodded my head and we practically ran out of the room along with the apartment.

 A bunch of shouts where heard from behind us but we didn’t stop and like JungKook said I didn’t stop, even when it sounded like someone shot a gun; in fact, I think I ran faster.

We arrived at my apartment and I immediately struggled to open the door but I managed and we both scrambled to get inside. I heard a little giggle escape from a mouth of a child and I stopped myself from crying.

“That was fun!”

“Yeah, let’s do it again!”

Of course this was coming from the mouths of Chen and XiuMin, who were smiling and hopping out of JungKook’s arms. The kept going on and on about what had just occurred and I smiled at him before I set Kai and SeHunnie down. The children ran off around the apartment to explore and I faced JungKook.

“Thank you!” I smiled, reaching over to grab the bag from him. He smiled back at me and handed the bag over to me.

“I-I am going to protect you JangMi. I decided that the day you rescued me from that alley.” I set the bag down and gave him a hug. I finally let all of my tears fall. In all honesty I had been terrified and only wanted the safety that I felt JungKook had, and he saved me.

“Come on, help me make lunch please.” I sniffled, pulling back and wiping my tears away. He nodded his head and gave a little chuckle. I playfully slapped his arm and walked to the kitchen.

I could make them Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice because I had all of the ingredients and hopefully JungKook could distract them while I made it. Just maybe….

“Would mind playing with them until I finish making their lunch, and call their Dad?” I asked, while getting everything I needed out and setting it on the counter. He nodded his head and muttered a sure before he ran off to play with them. After about 30 minutes while I had everything cooking I went over to the bags and took out my phone. I had to think of some way to explain this to their dad. Should I be like ‘hey you remember that dud from the other day? Well he tried to steal SeHunnie?’ Yeah not going to do that.

“Hello?”

“Ah! ChanYeol…do you have Lays phone number?” I asked, trying to sound normal.

“Yes, why? Did something happen?” His voice sounded frantic. I couldn’t lie to him…

“That man from the other day tried to take SeHun, and my friend saved us. I have XiuMin and Chen here with us. I thought it was only right to let Lay know where his children are.” I heard a rustle of papers and ChanYeol sighed.

“Okay, his number is XXX-XXX-XXXX, is SeHun alright?”

“He is fine, they’re all fine. As well as safe, my friend is with us and plans on keeping us safe.”

“Thank you, are you okay?” He asked, as some voices began mumbling things in a foreign language.

“Other than a little shaken up I’m fine.”

“Thank you, for protecting my children.” He said, while the voices in the background became silent.

“I love them to much not too.” I replied before he apologized saying he had some business to take care of and that he would call to say good night to his children. Lunch was done by the time I got off the phone so I ran to quickly place everything in a bowl for everyone.

“Come eat!” I shouted, giggling as five bodies ran into the kitchen. I grinned and told them to go sit at the little table. JungKook helped them into the chairs as I placed the food on the table.

“Mi! Feed me!” XiuMin squealed as he stared at the food. I grinned at him a tickled him a little bit.

“What do you say?” I asked him.

“PLEASE?”

“Of course Minnie!” In the end not only did I feed XiuMin but also SeHunnie and Kai. After lunch JungKook helped me set them down for a nap, which is when I called Lay.

“Ummmm…Is this Lay?” I asked a little uncertain about this.

“Yes, may I know who is speaking?” He responded, to which I let out a sigh of relief.

“I had to take the children to my apartment for some safety reason. I just thought that it be right to tell you.”

“Ah thank you! I also have some thing I wanted to ask you…”
“Yes”

“Would you mind watching Chen and XiuMinnie until tomorrow afternoon?”

“Of course not! They are so sweet I don’t mind at all.”

“Thank you so much!” After that he hung up and I sighed and walked into the living room before plopping onto the couch, next to JungKook.

“We need to talk.” He stated as I stared at the black TV screen. Absent-mindedly I nodded my head and he hummed in satisfaction with my answer.

“So tell me your story…”I said, playing with the ends of my hair. He stood up and sat on the table in front of me, with a grim look on his face.

“When I was 12 years old I met JiMin and TaeHyung, but that only I had been the left-overs from the bullies. You see I was one of the smart kids that people wanted to make fun of because I wanted to do well. That all changed after they taught me how to defend myself and they welcomed me in. Then at the age of 20 they officially made me  a member of the gang and it was about one year ago another gang called Infinite showed up and began to terrorize us…”

“Why? I mean if you were there first why did they begin to-“

“Let me finish first. They began to terrorize us, which in turn didn’t end well for them. We put their youngest member in a coma, the very same coma he’s been in for six months” I tried to stifle a gasp upon hearing this, “ and every since then they have been trying to do the same to me. Thanks to you, they won’t get to.”

“Thank to me?” I asked, totally confused me.

“You saved me. You treated me like a real human being and took the chance of taking me in!” he explained as he sat down on the couch next to me and smiled.

“I only did that because you are a human being.” I smiled at him. I giggled a little bit and he leaned forward. I froze on the spot and he continued to lean forward.

“JANGMI! YOU’LL NEVER GOING TO BELIEVE –WHAT THE HECK!” An angry MiCha yelled as she busted into my apartment. I don't know how thought considering I had locked the door, but then again knowing my friends they either had a key or she picked the lock on the door. 

“Crap…”I heard JungKook mutter, and I gave a silent sigh and turned to look at my friend who looked beyond angry. In all honesty she looked like she could kill anyone at any second.