Getting the plans ready

Mission Makeover
Show and Selina had been taking turns to tell the whole story to Ella, Hebe and Jolin. Show had to take over whenever Selina started sobbing.
None of the three girls had said a word until the story was finished.
Hebe had tears in her eyes, Ella looked angry and Jolin moved closer to Selina to comfort her.
“He really said that… he never had any other interests in you? Than using you to get the company?” she asked. Selina shook her head.
“Why didn’t he use me?” Hebe sobbed. “I mean, my parents own part of the company.”
“You’re not the heir,” Show mumbled. Hebe and Selina sniffled at the same time.
“The worst part is that I still have to go with him to the prom.”
“WHAT?!”
“Why?”
Selina tried to explain why. The girls gaped, and Show crossed his arms.
They were all silent when she had finished talking.
“Well-well, we’re gonna show him that HE won’t be popular at the prom,” Hebe said evilly. Ella nodded with a sly smile.
Show looked at his toes. His brain was working hard. Wouldn’t it be the perfect solution for him to go with Selina to the prom?
But Jiro had been right. It would be weird… a bit.
He bit his under lip and wrinkled his toes.
“I’ve told my dad and Glenn about this,” he started, “and he has cut all connections to Jiro’s family’s company. He was angrier and sadder than I expected him to be. But he didn’t want to talk further about it.” This had also been troubling him. He still hadn’t found the story behind the picture of baby-Jiro.
“Is he… really angry?” Selina asked anxiously.
“Oh, not at you!” Show quickly secured her. “No, he’s angry at Jiro’s father. He…”
“Show, I… I don’t want to work at the company anymore,” she said silently. Show froze with his mouth open.
“Why not?”
“It just reminds me of… of everything. I’m sorry.”
Show was silent for some time.
“It’s okay. I won’t be working the rest of this year anyway.”

Show walked home with Jolin, while Ella, Hebe and Selina were buying shoes. Jolin had promised to help Show with his homework.
The mood in Show’s house had been very pressed the last few days.
The four girls and Show had been ignoring Jiro as loud as they could, with random exclaims like: “I can’t believe he did this to you,” and: “He’s a jerk, don’t mind him, Sel. You’ll get over this whole thing some day.” Not one person in the whole school could doubt that something horrible had happened, and theories about Jiro murdering Selina’s mother weren’t uncommon.
The situation had made Glenn even more caring about Selina and Show, and even Show’s dad had been especially kind towards them. He kept speaking about how they had saved the whole company.
But Show’s mind was in trouble.
When he and Jolin were sitting in the living room, and Glenn was cleaning around the dinner table, he suddenly couldn’t take it anymore.
“Glenn, Jolin; there’s something I have to talk to you about,” he said. Both women looked worried at him.
“Aren’t you feeling well, honey?” Glenn asked.
“Yes. I mean no, I’m not. I can’t take it anymore.” He started massaging his forehead, and speculated about how to express what he was feeling.
“What is troubling you?” Jolin asked, and laid supporting her hand on his arm. Glenn sat down next to him.
“I… how weird and wrong this may sound, I… think I’ve fallen in love with Selina.”
“FINALLY!” Glenn and Jolin shouted, and high-fived. Show looked confused at them.
“What? I’m trying to talk seriously to you,” he said and blushed.
“You finally realized it,” Glenn sighed.
“Do you know how much Glenn and I have been discussing this? I haven’t talked to Hebe and Ella about it, ‘cause they wouldn’t be able to keep it secret, but seriously…”
Show looked from the one to the other. They had been discussing this?
“Show, I’ve always known that you weren’t… you know, into boys. But since everybody has been expecting you to be, from your interests and way of being you, you’ve just gotten used to it. After looking at you and Selina for a while, the truth became quite obvious,” Glenn explained. Show was still confused.
“But… Selina and Jiro…”
“…have never really been in love. And you’re a butthead for being so slow at realizing your feelings,” Jolin said. Show sighed.
“You haven’t told Selina this yet, have you?” Glenn asked.
“How could I?” Show let his forehead hit the table.

Selina, Hebe and Ella were eating ice-cream at a café.
Selina couldn’t really be happy. She had lost another important person to her, but it actually didn’t feel that important after all. She just couldn’t stop thinking about the Christmas ball, and how she was going to handle the whole Jiro-situation.
She, Ella and Hebe were discussing it, when she suddenly realized that the ball was in two days.
“Friday night,” Ella sighed.
“At least we’re getting off school at lunch,” Hebe sighed.
“Do we meet before the prom to get ready?” Selina asked.
“Of course! You’re NOT gonna go alone. Lee Wei takes me – on the back of his motor cycle,” Hebe sighed, “Chun walks with Ella…” Chun had cut off all contact to Jiro, and had been hanging out with the five friends the last week, “…Jay takes Jolin, and Show will follow you to the prom. This way we’ll all enter together to meet Jiro, and can use our united forces to send him killer gazes.”
Selina nodded. Having Show, the three girls and two other, popular guys as support sounded like a good plan.
“Just ignore him and try to look as sad as possible, even though you’re walking around with him,” Ella added. Selina smiled evilly.
“This way the public support will be on our side too, right?”
“It already is, my girl.”

***
Only one comment? *sniffle*…
Tomorrow, I’ll be going on a school trip until Friday, and therefore I won’t be able to update before then – but make me really happy, and write a comment so I’ll get a happy start on the trip – or get happy when I come back to read it (:
I love you guys! This fanfic is coming to an end soon, and several of you have been there right from the start. Thank you <3
- Blitz