OnKey

HottieSitting: Alternative Endings

OnKey

CONTENT WARNING: SHORT

There he was again, Key. And he shone like a light like ever with his face which looked as if it was chiselled by Gods in his opinion and coupled with just his 'Keyness' he felt so flushed and happy around him. But he knew that he couldn't, it was against of the rules that he had to abide being the eldest. Jonghyun and Minho were his youngest brothers and he felt that it would be betraying them by following his own interests, it would be all the better if he just continued to be the supportive older one who helped them out unbiasedly, giving advice and the likes. Heartache lasted for so long, but family lasted forever. That was his motto which he stuck to. Besides he had Joon, well they weren't offical or anything at all really but he could tell that Joon liked him so he had a back up plan. He felt that it would be merely using Joon though as Key had his magnetic pull which drove him closer even when he attempted to resist. He had to wonder about Key though and if he had some kind of magic perfume which led them towards him like moths to flame.

"Stupid, stupid." Onew declared lightly banging the cushion against his face in frustation at how the feelings bubbled up again, they weren't allowed to. He was not allowed to like Key, that would just betray everyone - Jonghyun and Minho would be hurt not to mention Joon. Then again wasn't he betraying Joon anyway by leading him on like he was? He did not mean to do so, Joon was just the safest option for him - it took him away from Key.

He decided then and there that he wasn't going to be there for Key's big decision which was the major talk in the household for the past month or so. He just could not do it, it would just hurt too much to see Key choose someone who was not him. It was a selfish reason not to go but it was his reason none the less. 

"Such a despicable person." Onew sighed rolling over on his bed leaning back over the side to look at his upside down reflection in the mirror, at the 'despicable person' that was him. Just looking at himself no one would ever guess how horrible he was, how looks did decieve. Looking in the mirror for a second he thought he saw Key in his doorway, but that was ridiculous. Key was supposed to be choosing either Minho or Jonghyun right now, he would not really be here. Onew was unimportant, easily looked over and clearly going insane if he was seeing hallicunations of Key as well as referring to himself in third person.

"Onew?" Now he was even imagining Key's voice saying his name, he was either crazy or immoral. Perhaps both. "You weren't there... so I came looking for you."

"Onew, come on, look at me." Key stated slowly. Okay, he was definitely dreaming. He had to be.

"But you're not real, you're not really there and so if I looked at you, you would just disappear." The reflection of Key arched his brow and took on an incredulous expression, it was so realistic Onew mused.

"Oh really, so what am I then?" 

"A figment of my imagination sent to torture me for being so horrible."

"How are you horrible?"

"Because I like you a lot, but I'm not allowed to as Minho and Jonghyun... besides Joon likes me."

"And do you like Joon?" Key was coming closer with a strange look upon his face, one that Onew did not recongnise.

"No, how can I when I love you? But I can never have you..." It slipped out, the love word slipped out of him. His dirty little secret was out, even if just to the fake dream Key.
"Why not?" Key's words were dangerously soft at this point.

"Because you're not real and the real one is already choosing either Minho or Jonghyun..." Onew sighed out, he felt like crying. Then his bed sunk. Figments of imagination did not do that, he turned around to see that Key did not disappear and with sudden lips on his own he could tell that this verison of Key was in fact very real.

"That real enough for you?"