Water Date

Water Date - Soohyun

The bright, hot sun beat down outside, almost being about to hear the heat as the horizon turned into a steamy painting as Soohyun walked to your apartment. Walking up the steps, two kids played ball outside as they rolled it across the ground between them. Soohyun smiled at them before climbing the stairs to your apartment.

Knocking his knuckles on your door, he heard some shuffling as you tried to look decent quickly. A few minutes passed as Soohyun smiled to himself.

"I am sure that you look beautiful, ______." He called through the door as you still shuffled around. Finally, you opened the door as he greeted you with a warm smile. "I told you." He kissed your forehead, "Beautiful."

Letting him inside you blushed, turning your cheeks redder than they were due to the heat. He made himself as home as you went back into your room to change. With some shorts and a black short sleeved shirt and a jean jacket with the sleeves ripped off, then putting your hair into a ponytail to finish off the outfit.

There was a knock on the door as Soohyun looked at the pictures all around your apartment. Shuffling his feet to the door, he opened it as nobody was there until he looked down.

"What are you kids doing here?" He asked as he opened the door for them, seeing that they were the same kids that were playing outside a few minutes ago.

"Can we have some water?" The older girl asked as Soohyun walked to the kitchen pulling out cool bottled water from the fridge.

"There you two go." He handed them the water bottles after he helped them twist off the caps. The kids happily gulped down the water as the little boy looked up at the tall Soohyun.

"Where’s ________ noona?" He looked around your place as he didn’t see you in sight.

"Noona! Noona!" He called loudly as you came out of your room as you looked for the little boy.

"Ah! Hey Mae and Dae!" You said as they both came into view as you knelt down and they pulled you in for a hug.

"D-Do you know them?" Soohyun said as he ruffled up Dae’s hair.

"They live around here but their parents are gone most of the time, so they come over and I play with them." You explained as they smiled at you.

"Unni! Let’s go play!" Bae, the older girl, offered as they looked at you as you looked up at Soohyun.

"Noona, who is he?" Dae, the little boy, asked in a quiet tone as he pointed to Soohyun.

"He is my boyfriend, Soohyun. He came over for a date." You said as you stood up and took the empty bottles from their hands.

"You mean like a play date?!" They happily asked as their eyes lit up as you blushed.

"Something like that." You chuckled as the two kids whispered to each other.

"Could we all go and play together then?" Mae asked as she looked up at Soohyun, he knelt down to her level as he nodded his head happily.

"That’s a great idea!" He said as he pinched her cheeks carefully, causing her to smile and giggle. "As long as it is ok with ______-ssi." He looked up at you as the two kids pouted up at you with their hands clasped under their chin as Soohyun looked at them then did the same to you.

"How could I resist?" You said as you smiled brightly before the kids ran out of the door.

"Sorry, I will make it up to you." Soohyun whispered in your ear as you walked outside.

"Don’t worry about it, lets just keep those kids smiling, for they don’t get many chances to." You said as you clasped hands with Soohyun before closing your door. Soohyun nodded happily as he began to swing your hands between the two of you as you both walked with the kids.

Dae had his hand in Soohyun’s as Mae’s was in yours. They both skipped happily beside the two of you as you all traveled to the town.

"What should we do……." Soohyun said as he tried to find the little boy’s name.

"Daehyuk." You whispered in his ear as he winked at you.

"Dae?" Soohyun looked down at the little boy as he patted his finger on his lips before looking up at him.

"Can we go somewhere cool?" He looked up at the tall Soohyun.

"Yes, please!" Mae called as he chuckled and you laughed.

"A cool place it is." He happily said as you continued to walk through the streets of the town. Wondering around, Soohyun finally found the place that he wanted to take Mae, Dae and you.

Water blasted up from the concrete as it made it’s art in the air. Spraying its droplets in the air just to crash against the concrete, the kids happily jumped up and down before their hands slid from Soohyun’s and yours as they giggled and laughed as they headed to the water fountains.

"Come on Hyung!" Dae called happily as Mae and him screamed happily as the cool water washed over them.

"I’m going to get you!" Soohyun called as he ran into the water, picking up Dae by his arms and swinging him around in the water as Mae splashed them happily.

"Come on Noona!" Dae said once Soohyun put him down.

"Come on Unni!" Mae called happily as you couldn’t help but jog into the water and join them as the water rained down on the four of you. Mae held your hand as she and you ran through the fountains as laughter and happiness filled the air.

Soohyun walked over to you as he took your hand and ran towards the fountains too while Mae and Dae sprayed each other. Running around getting sprayed with the cool water was so refreshing as Soohyun finally got you under one of the biggest fountains. You giggled as you spun around happily embracing the beautiful moment. Soohyun joined in with you as soon all four of you were happily spinning against the water.

Soohyun leaned down as Dae jumped on his back.

"Horsie ride please!" Dae called as Soohyun flipped his wet hair as he stood up and weaved through the water towers as you happily watched them. Mae found a little pool of water and ran towards it as Soohyun let Dae down to the ground as he ran after his sister.

Soohyun’s proud and perfect smile went from ear to ear as he laughed and walked over to you. Threading his fingers through yours he walked over to the edge of the small pool of water as he sat down on the concrete. Sitting next to him, you rested your head against his shoulder as water from your hair ran down your face. Watching the kids play was magical, they splashed each other happily as bright smiles hadn’t left their faces once.

Watching you carefully, Soohyun pushed some hair that clung to your face behind your ear as he kissed your head softly.

"Thank you for taking me here today with the kids. It was wonderful." You said as his hand held yours.

"My pleasure." Kissing your forehead softly, he leaned his head on yours as both of you watched the kids.

The sun worked its magic and dried your hair and clothes as the kids soon finished playing. They both came up to you and whispered to each other as they happily giggled as you opened your eyes and stood up on your feet as Soohyun followed your lead.

"What were you two talking about?" You teased as they just giggled and covered their mouth. Soohyun attacked Dae’s stomach with his tickling fingers as Soohyun lifted him into his arms until he got the hiccups.

"We thought that you two would look cute it if you two got married." Dae giggled as Mae blushed and Soohyun held Dae in his arms.

"Ah I see. Well she is my girlfriend and I do love her, just don’t tell her that." He shot his classic smile at you as he winked happily as he said it a softly yet loud enough for you to hear.  Blush filled your cheeks as Mae grabbed your hand.

"Unni! Let’s go get some ice cream!" She called as you looked at Soohyun, knowing that you didn’t bring any money.

"Sure! One vanilla cone each." Soohyun said as all of you walked to the nearby stand. Finding a place to sit on the stone wall behind the small ice cream stand, the little kids happily their cones as you too yours.

Mae sat on Soohyun’s lap as Dae sat on yours. Dae finished as he yawned and cuddled against your shoulder as you finished your cone happily. Once the two of you were ready to go, the two kids had happily fallen asleep in both of your arms. Soohyun tilted his head to look at the sleeping girl as he brushed some of her hair out of her face as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"How about we go home." Soohyun chuckled as you stood up with a loving smile on your face. Rising to your feet, you held Dae in your arms as Soohyun carefully stood up making sure not to wake Mae. 

Slowly walking home, the kids’ feet bounced against your sides as they rested their heads on your shoulders with their hairs tickling your necks. 

"Kids are cute." Soohyun said as he rubbed Mae’s back softly.

"They really are." You smiled as you looked down to see if Dae was still asleep. "I heard what you said earlier." You quietly said as he blushed and bit his lip.

"I meant it." He looked over at you as you were biting your lip this time. "I think we would make a cute married couple too." He shyly said as he reached your apartment.

"I think so too." You moved past him as you pulled out your spare key to their apartment. Entering into the different house, Soohyun followed you to their bedroom as you laid out blankets and pillows for them as you carefully set them in their bed.

Dae hummed softly as his brow furrowed. Soohyun held onto his little hand as he began to sing a lullaby for him. Tucking in Mae, you smiled at the fatherly side of Soohyun, that you hadn’t seen before. Once the song lulled him back to sleep, his grip loosened as his brow relaxed as he took deep breaths and went to dream land.

Sneaking out of the room, Soohyun closed the door as you cleaned up their place a little before taking a seat on their floor, leaning against the wall.

"Thank you again, Soohyun. That was really sweet of you today to do all of that for them and me." You said as he carefully sat beside you.

"You’re very welcome jagiya." He said as you leaned in and kissed him on his cheek, blush soon burned his cheek as he smiled brightly again. Wrapping his arms around you, he held you close to him as both of you closed your eyes and enjoyed the last moments of the wonderful day that both of you shared with each other and the two kids, Mae and Dae.