[001]

Fallen Leaves

|Tiffany|

I walked down the hallway, giving an occasional smile to whoever said hi. It was the start of a new school year and I was in my senior year. Most importantly, I was looking forward to seeing him again.

During the school break, I went to London and I saw him there. Once. At Big Ben. He was just there, looking up at the majestic clock tower, hands in his pockets. I continued walking and when he saw me, he gave me a small nod and walked past. Even though I was expecting more than that as it was quite an amazing feat to see someone you know halfway across the world, that small gesture could send the butterflies in my stomach fluttering.

My bestie, Taeyeon, came up to me and gave me a bear hug. I hugged her back tightly.

"Omona! I missed you so much! 3 months without seeing you was so boring! How could you just ditch me like that and tour London by yourself?" She jabbered.

"Yah, calm down. 3 months without you was lonely as well but hey, we're together again, aren't we? And I did not ditch you to go to London, I just went there for my holiday. Besides, you spent your whole holiday with Leeteuk oppa. I'm sure it wasn't that bad." I replied.

"Teuk oppa was such a dear. It's awesome having him as my boyfriend. If he wasn't mine, I would make sure you guys were dating already. I really want my darling fany to finmd a great guy." She nagged again.

"Hey! I've got a great guy." I said.

"Yeah, sure. Like I don't know that you guys have never interacted before." Taeyeon replied matter-of-factly.

"Actually, we have." I smirked.

"What? When? How? Oh my god, you so have to tell me everything!" She gasped as we headed towards class and I told her about our little encounter in London.

-Lunch Break-

I looked forward to the lesson I was having after lunch. It was chemistry. Also the only lesson I shared on Mondays with Hyukjae oppa, or as he likes to be called, Eunhyuk.

I picked up a tray and walked towards the counter where they served my favourite bibimbap. I was so hungry for korean food again after 3 months of greasy and oily burgers. I was sure I had gotten 2 times heavier even thought people said I hadn't changed much.

After paying, I headed over to my usual hangout table with the girls but found that there were a bunch of freshmen there, acting like they owned it or something. A girl even glared at me and shooed me away from distracting them from watching the fooball team Hyukjae oppa was on. Just then, I saw Sooyoung wave me over and and I walked over there after bumping the girl on her shoulder. Hard.

"Tsk, freshmen. They act as if they're the queenkas already. Like anyone would ever look at them." I grumbled.

"Exactly. Have they no respect for their sunbaes anymore? Like they stole our table and shooed us away. Psh." Jessica added.

We ate and chatted about our holidays when the football boys suddenly came.

"Sorry, but this is our table." DongHae oppa said.

"Mianhae, the freshmen chased us away from our table and this were the only free seats. We'll clean up and go soon." Taeyeon explained as we all stood up with our trays.

Leeteuk oppa suddenly bellowed,"Freshmen chased my jagi away from her table? This is not acceptable."

He was about to stalk there when Taeyeon stopped him and they headed of to enjoy the time they had together.

The rest of us cleared the table and were about to walk away when HyukJae oppa suddenly said,"You girls wanna join us? You have no where to go anyway and the next class is half an hour away."

I looked at the rest of the girls and they all nodded so we sat down with them. Together, we talked about our holidays and everything with the kingkas of our school. If you haven't noticed, we were the queenkas of the school and many of us were dating the kingkas. We actually got along quite well except that HyukJae and DongHae oppa seemed kind of distant.

The bell rang and I was just about to grab my books and leave when HyukJae oppa said,"Hey. Tiffany. Since we're having the same class, wanna head there together?"

I smiled at him," Sure."

I was dying inside. I was sure a mix of earthquakes, tornadoes and flash floods were going through in my body causing the butterflies to flutter around wildly. I fought the blush creeping up my face as I walked towards the chemistry lab with HyukJae oppa.

"It was really coincidental seeing you in London." He tried to small talk.

"Um, yeah." I said. 

, why did I have to kill the conversation. Damn my awkwardness. Before I knew it, we were in the chemistry lab and I saw many familiar faces.

Not long after, the teacher entered and assigned us our lab partners for the year. Surprisingly, I was paired with HyukJae oppa. Of all the classes I shared with him, we had never been paired with him before.

I muttered a small 'hey' when we walked to our tables and he replied with a smile.

I was dying inside again. Well, this was chemistry class after all.