Happen Ending

Tonight I'm Afraid Of The Dark

"Did you know about what happened?"

"Yes" sighs.

"Does she know yet?" she shakes her head in denial before replying to her father.

"I'm sorry.." tears fell from Jennifer's eyes. Her childhood best friend is gone, just like that. 2 days ago they were reliving the lost time but they could never relive what they'll be losing from now on, or maybe they could, in another life. Her sobs filled the empty apartment retracting and echoing, replacing the silence with cries of melancholy and pain. His gummy smile. His annoying laughter.  His small bright eyes full of joy and passion. Love.

"Love!' she gasped with voice cracking. It's not sure if she just realized that right then when the world for him, for them, came to an end or she already held the tip of the spoilers line and made that beautiful fantasy that she always threw to the back of her head thinking it'd never come to life. She was desperate. When Chaerin popped into her life it seemed like the only way to get him off the way. She was excited about new starts.Chae's gorgeousness made it easier for Jenny's game to begin. She was fun, attractive, y, smart in both ways and mysterious. The kind Jenny needed. She liked her and her desire grew bigger and deeper day by day.

Did she really forget Jiyong? Was she able to avoid pecking on his lips when he first came over a couple of weeks ago? Where did they go that night when Chaerin overdosed? Why did they make all that with none of them confessing?

Her eyes staring at the blankness of the wall. Her mind crowded with all the unanswered questions. Her heart lazing more and more and she could feel it stop slowly. She wanted it to come to an end. She didn't bother the mere breathing. Black.

 

 

She slightly opened her eyes to a high whitewashed ceiling in a bright room.

"Sweetie!" called a familiar voice, squeezing her hand. "I'm here, don't freak out." 

She tilted her head to the left to recognize the slim figure sitting next to her. "Did you exhaust yourself today? Didn't you have a good breakfast?" she smiled bitterly and looked away hiding a tear that threatened to expose her pain but she failed and Chaerin hurried to the other side and bend over wiping her tears "what happened, my love?" 

"ah..ah!" Jenny shook her head lightly. "Tell me! what happened when I was gone?" and right then Chae's ringtone interrupted the conversation.

"Annyeong ommonae!" she greeted. Jenny's eyes widened and she held her breath as she listened to chaerin's worried voice asking "What?" she yelled. "Are you sure? Please.." and she collapsed on the floor. "No! God! No!" she cried.

She looked at Jenny "Do you..do you..know about this?" her voice cracking. Jenny nodded weakly crying even harder now. "No! It can't happen." She shook her head constantly. Chaerin ended up spending the night in the hospital. she broke down and based on her medical history Jenny's doctor said she has to stay under supervision.

Nothing but silent cries, false hopes, deep desires and regrets, wishes, loud prayers. No real words, no sentences, nothing pronounced. News were more than shocking, depressing.

"Jenny" she whispered standing by the door.."I'm losing m mind."

"I'm sorry."

"Jenny..tell me it's not true.." silence. The kind of silence that sets everything louder in your head, ripping off your veins, starting flames, fires. Chaerin's heart couldn't run to a safe resort but it ran racing thoughts though it was strangely peaceful. She didn't find that peace in her memories and precious times she has spent with Minji. she was broken, torn between what she's ready to do and all that she can't do

"Babe!" called Jenny. "Do you still love her?" She asked with a hesitant voice passing almost unheard. "Chae?" she called again "Chaerinnie.." and again. Chaerin was not there. Her girlfirned just realized that and she started freaking out.

She was trying to get off bed when she heard her ask "Wanna go to the bathroom you too?" 

"You freaked me out. I didn't hear you leave." 

"I'm sorry.." All her cat features turned from fierceness to grief. "You wouldn't be this sad if you, just like you said, moved on." 

"Huh?"

"Did you really get over her?" 

"She left, Jen! what's the point?" 

"She's still there and she still takes away your breath, all of you."

"That plane crashed and she died and this is what you're asking me?" the blonde frowned. "How could you ask such things right now?"

"That day on the yacht."