Final

Since the beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


It was one cold sunny morning of an 8-yr old Baekhyun at the little children's park near his home, swaying his cute little squishy self on the swing as he goes up higher with each little push from his short tiny legs. Enjoying himself in his heart's content, he doesn't have the care in the world. After being contented on the swing, he transfered to the monkey bars, and then to the slide. It felt to him like this place is his, and anyone who attempts to intrude his property will suffer in the slumber of doom.

He was running here and there when he noticed a cute little boy, he thought about his age, head down, slumping his skinny figure on the ground hugging his two legs tight in front of his chest. He stopped for a while as he gradually process on his head how he would punish the intruder of his little paradise. How dare he! I'm Byun Baekhyun and this place is mine!

He quickly stomped his way to the boy with a frown pasted on his milky white face. When he was near enough, he looked down at the intruder and lightly kicked his side, "Yah! Who are you? How dare step into my paradise?" The boy didn't seem to budge on his gesture until he heard short snorts and soft cries.

He lowered his body until he was leveled with the crying lad, "Hey, are you alright? Hey, speak up! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to kick you." he muffled.

The boy lifted his head, "I'm... *sniff*... okay... *sniff sniff*...," he said as he continues to sob.

"No, you're obviously not. I'm sorry okay? I'm really sorry." When he saw the boy's face, he felt like his heart was crushed. The stranger looked so fragile that he felt the urge to protect him.

"Do you want some ice cream? My mom bought me ice cream yesterday because I behaved and cuased no trouble. Come on."

"Really? Okay." the boy replied.

Little Baekhyun grabbed the stranger's skinny hand, totally forgetting the kid's doomsday he was planning. 

----

That was the day Byun Baekhyun met Kim Jongdae, his neighbor, his classmate, his first love. It was in their freshmen year in highschool when he finally admitted to himself that he liked the petite guy, and now they were in their last year. Even though they were neighbors, they never really got the chance to be close enough with each other.

When they got to meet on the street or at the bus stop, they just exchanged casual "Hi-s" and "Hello-s" for the sake of politeness. Either Baek thougt Jongdae was a cold guy, or he just don't really like Baek to be a friend. Their circle of friends are different also. Jongdae hung around with Sehun, Minseok, Luhan and Lay whilst he's always with Suho, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Jongin.

Jongdae is pretty popular at school for he always tops all their major exams. He's the main soloist in their school choir and the president of the famous theatre club. He was like an all-in-one complete package of perfection.

Baek never really looked directly at Chen, the name in which Jongdae is now known of. But when he does, he stares at him long enough to paste the boys high cheekbones, pink luscious cat-like lips, and sharp jawline into his mind, letting the picturesque sight sink in his memory.

He was always contented to be just sight seeing Jongdae from a far, admiring him silently, until the time came that fate intervened his silent adoration to the guy. They've got to be partners in their final laboratory experiment in Physics.

After class, Chen approached him, "Hey Baek, I think we should prepare our project ahead of time so we won't be cramming when the deadline came."

'Wah, dilligent as always.' He thought. "Yeah. I think we should."

"You can come to my house on Friday at maybe around 6. We can order food then. Bring your notes and books so we won't lack any resources when we do our research."

"Okay." That's all he could mutter and realized Chen was now leaving. He just stared at Chen's leaving figure hoping this project would allow him to be close again with the guy.

On that night, he had a really hard time going to sleep. He tossed and his bed, images of Chen always creeping in his mind. He cannot wait for Friday to come so he can spend it already with the man he always dreamed of being with.

The next day Baekhyun came to school with dark circles marking the surrounding of his eyes, making him look like a walking skinny panda. His friends approached him full of concern.

"Baek, are you alright? You seemed to have fought hundreds of dark knights. You really are a mess!" Kyungsoo exclaimed with an obvious worried look plastered on his squishy face.

"Yeah. What happened?" Suho butted in.

"You should tell us right now. What's the matter?" Jongin said.

"Hush it guys! Give Baek a break. Uhm, is this because of you being partnered with Chen?" Chanyeol blurted.

Looking at his friends surrounding his table, he just sat there in silence, banging his head lightly on the table.

"I knew it! Did he say something bad to you? I saw him approach you yesterday after class. What did he do?" Kyungsoo muttered.

"Nothing. Quit it guys. I'm alright. No need to worry. Go back to your seats already, Mr. Wu is here." Baekhyun answered. His friends stared at him with understanding and returned to their seats in silence. He glanced at Chen's seat for a moment and met the guy's eyes. He quickly averted his eyes and focused his attention back to the teacher.

The day wen't by fast and it's the moment he's been dreading to come. He was very excited that he took much time to choose the clothes he has to wear and even sprayed a little of cologne on his wrist. He looked at himself in the mirror several times already before deciding that he must go already. Slinging his backpack, he ventured to Chen's house. As he approaches close, it seems like the distance is getting farther, his feet felt heavy and his breaths became shallow. As he reached the fron't door he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, before ringing the doorbell. Chen opened the door gestured him to come inside.

"I already ordered chickened. I hope you don't mind. Don't worry, nobody's home. I already lived alone." He heard him mumble.

"No, it's alright." He wondered what he meant about 'Don't worry, nobody's home. We won't be disturbed' thing. He quickly ignored the ideas starting to enter his mind.

He roamed his sight at the entirety of the living room, to the hallway and to Chen's room. The room is illuminated with a mix of white light from the ceiling and a light orange one from the bedside table that gives this feeling that let him feel cozy and comfortable. The bed is covered with light orange bed sheets matched with oranged pillows printed with cute little oranges.

His room is painted white decorated with Chen's framed childhood photos, certificates of recognition and several awards he won. In the opposite side of the room, there is a book shelf stuffed with a quite number of books from novels to dictionaries to almanacs, encyclopedias and even mangas.

He sat on the floor and settled himself in front of the small table already filled with Chen's stuff, and leaned his back on the back of bed. A few moments later, Chen came back from somewhere bringing in more books and the food he ordered. He felt the atmosphere surrounding them being heavy. So he busied himself arranging his stuff on the table.

"I borrowed some books from the library after class today. There's this about cathodes and anodes and blah blah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter