• 001

Nightingale

chapter one; cold


- - -

 

       On a calm and cold Friday night, Seo Joohyun was scribbling on her personal journal about what happened today. It's still the same as everyday, nothing special occured, just plain and boring day. Though she was tired of writing the same words everynight, she was hoping one day that she will write something new, exciting and unusual but too much expectations lead to disappointments, right? 

1/12/13 

Today, I went to school, ate my lunch with no one, went home alone and I'm here writing the same words again and again. 

       She heaved a silent sigh and slipped her journal under her pillow. When she was about to lay down, she heard several melodious voices from the outside. Soprano, alto, tenor, baritone and bass. They're making a great voicing with their different vocal ranges. She stood up and with baby steps, she made her way to the door. She slightly opened the door and peeked through the small opening. There she saw her family. Her father was happily singing while tapping his foot, it was his habit and her mother was calpping her hands and she was looking at her husband lovingly. Joohyun's eyes shifted to the three figures behind her mother and father. Her sister and her two brothers were singing with all their heart while making silly faces. She cracked a small and sad smile, and with that, she silently closed the door.

       Every Friday night would be always like this, her family would sing their favorite song of the week and doesn't even bother to call Joohyun but she didn't mind at all because she's not a great singer as them. Every Friday night, she would write on her journal or she would listen to their beautiful voices until she fell asleep. 

       "Joohyun-ah! We're going to watch a movie, do you want to join us?" her sister, Taeyeon, poked her head to her room's door and grinned at her. Joohyun shook her head and picked her sketch pad beside her bed. She scribbled down some characters and showed it to Taeyeon. 

       "Sorry eonni, but I still have some homeworks to finish." Taeyeon read out loud and nodded her head in acknowledgement. Jongwoon, her eldest brother, passed by her room and shot her a look. 

    "You're just wasting my Mom's money for that pad. Why don't you just study hand signs and stop that ?" Jongwoon said in a harsh manner that made Joohyun look down. Taeyeon nudged the older one on his stomach and gave him a knowing look.

       'I understand Jongwoon-ssi, but you and others wouldn't be able to understand it if ever I used it to communicate. Sorry for being a burden to your family.' 

       Joohyun showed them the characters written in the sketch pad and averted her eyes at the floor. She heard Jongwoon scoffed and slammed the door shut. 

       This made her heart squezed a little. In that minimal words and actions, it hurted her inside. Words are actually painful than physical attacks. She's used to his harsh words and actions but she's trying to be strong but she's not strong enough. 

       On a calm and cold Friday night, Seo Joohyun silently slid under the thick sheets and let her hot tears streamed down her face. 

- - -


A/N: I finished this a while ago and my hands are itching to post this one haha ^^ This is very short, I'm very sorry ; ; I'll try to write a longer one on the future chapters hehe. Thank you to pinkeusoshi and seokyuforever123 for showing some interests to my story <3 God bless everyone  and have a nice day. Feel free to share your thoughts and don't worry I love feedbacks very much hoho <3 

1/12/14  10:30 pm, philippine standard time lol