Chapter 1

The complicated love

The lifes of high class people are definitely different from the ordinary ones. Professional Chefs were busy cooking breakfast. The nice smell that came from the food filled the air. Maids were all around the house cleaning. The house was spotless and it looked very luxurious.

"Good Morning Miss Jieun." 10 maids that were standing near the stairs greeted and bowed 90 degrees upon seeing the only child of the Park's family walking down the stair gracefully.

Park Jieun, the only daughter of one of the most wealthy family in Korea, nodded her head a little in acknowledgement of their greeting. She walked past the maids and go towards the dining room.

"Good morning mother, father." Park Jieun greeted politely and bowed.

"Morning to you too honey." Mr park and Mrs park said in unison. Mr park was sitting on the chair comfotably while reading his newspaper and sipping his coffee. His wife, Mrs park walked over to her daughter and poured her a cup of milk.

"Aigoo, time sure flies past right hubby? Our daughter is already 17 this year and she grows up nicely." Mrs park smiled. Oh, how proud she is to have such a good daughter. A smart one, polite , hardworking, obedient and pretty. That's just too perfect.

" Of course. Whose daughter is she right Jieunnie? " Mr park laughed. Park Jieun just chuckled and thanked their parents for complimenting her. They then started eating. After Jieun finished eating, she stood up and walked out of the house. Byun Baekhyun, her personal bodyguard opened the car's door for her to enter. Park Jieun entered the car and he closed the door. Running to the front seat, he drove the car to the school.

The car ride to the school was indeed very quiet. Park Jieun isn't the type to talk a lot. She just usually looks out of the window , relaxing while hearing songs.

 

As they arrived at Jeguk High School, Baekhyun hurried out of the car and opened the door for Jieun. Jieun came out of the car and shouts were heard.

Park Jieun, is the queenka at school, a cold one. She was called the "ice princess" for her cold behavior. Baekhyun told the crowd to make way for her to walk and they did. Jieun walked past the crowd and head to the classroom.

 

-At Biology class-

" Park Jieun -shi . Please read and answer question number 2." The Biology teacher, Shim Changmin called.

Park Jieun stood up and answered it intelligently."What are the main ecological roles of bacteria? Bacteria are responsible for the decomposition process at the end of food chains and food webs; in this process, they also liberate utile gases and nutrients for other living beings. Bacteria that live within the digestive tube of ruminants and of some insects digest cellulose for these animals. Some bacteria also participate in the nitrogen cycle, making fixation of nitrogen, nitrification and denitrification, almost always in mutualist ecological interaction with plants. Bacteria present within living beings, for example, some that live inside the bowels, compete with other pathogenic bacteria so controlling the population of noxious agents. There are also bacteria that cause diseases and bacteria used in the production of medical drugs.Excessive proliferation or mass destruction of bacteria can impact entire ecosystems. For example, when a river is polluted by organic material the population of aerobic bacteria increases since the organic material is food for them; the great number of bacteria then exhausts the oxygen dissolved in water and other aerobic beings, like fishes undergo mass death."

"Great Job." The teacher commented and Jieun sat down. Other students were amazed at her answer. As expected from Park Jieun.

"DING DONG" The school bell rang and students ran out of the classroom energetically. Park Jieun, being the calm student did not do that. She just calmly slung her bag on her shoulder before walking out of the classroom.

Baekhyun was already waiting for Jieun outside her school. Baekhyun waved his hands around when he saw Jieun coming. He opened the door for her again and she get in. They head to Park Jieun's work place - Jeguk English Tuition Centre. Eventhough Jieun came from a wealthy family, she doesn't want to burden her parents so she has a part time job as a teacher.

 

"Vacillate means changing or wavering. Quiescent means sluggish or motionless. I hope you could remember the meaning of these words the next time I see you okay?" Park Jieun said to one of her students.

"Yes miss." The student answered.

That, was Park Jieun's normal days.

 

-At Jung Daehyun's house-

The situation here were not much different with Park Jieun's. The house is still very big, professional chefs were seen and maids were there too. Just that, the way Park Jieun came out and Jung daehyun is different....

"AH! I AM LATE! LATE!" Jung Daehyun shouted, followed by a loud bang of a door. He ran down the long stairs frantically. " God! Why is the stair so long."

"Morning sir Daehyun." The maid greeted happily and bowed as they saw him running down the stairs.

"Yeah yeah! Morning! Gosh! I am LATE!" He said quickly and ran past them to the dining room. The maids looked at him and chuckled at his behavior.

Jung Daehyun's eyes twinkled at the sight of the food placed on the table. He his lips hungrily and sat down. 

"Morning mom, dad. 'll enjoy the food!" He cheered and began devouring the food like a hungry monster. Jung Daehyun's mother, who was talking to his dad ealier greeted back and shook his head at him. 

" Why are you late again ?" Her mother asked as she looked at the clock. Its already 7 45 am and school starts at 8.

"^&*#$%^&" Daehyun mumbled with food inside .

" Daehyun, swallow first before you talk." His dad reminded.Daehyun quickly chewed and swallowed down his food before replying. " I overslept, yesterday's master chef show was awesome! The foods are incredible!" Then, he goes back eating again.

His mother sighed. " I wonder where did you get your huge appetite from?" She looked at her husbnd while Mr Jung just looked away and continued eating his 4th plate of spaghetti.

"Got to go.  Bye mom and Dad." Daehyun waved and ran out of the house. He get in his car and drove to the school in high speed.

 

Daehyun unlocked the door and dashed towards the class but not before greeting all his fangirls that were waiting for him at the gate.He opened the class' door and looked at the clock. 7 59.

"SAFE!" Daehyun cheered and the rest of the classmates laughed. 

" Faster get to your seat Daehyun." The teacher came behind him shocking him causing him to jump in fear. 

"Wow seongsaeng-nim. You are like a ninja!" Daehyun commented innocently.

"Yah! Faster get to your seat or else a bunch of maths homework is going to come to you." The teacher threatened and Daehyun immediately 'flies' to his seat, scared of maths homework which brings out laughter from the whole class.

"Overslept again?" Youngjae, Daehyun's best friend asked. "Yeah, yesterday's master chef's episode was so cool man! The beef looked so delicious and oh! The salmon salad too! God! How i wish i could just taste it-."

"Jung Daehyun will do addtional worksheet and have to hand it in by tomorrow!" The teacher said happily, taking out a bunch of worksheets and passed it to him.

"NOO!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

The teacher was now distributing their test papers back. " Kim Himchan 60. What did you do before the test?" The teacher questioned.

Himchan, one of Daehyun's best friend scratched his neck. " Shopping." he muttered. The whole class burst out in laughter at his answer.

The teacher could only sigh and give his test paper back. " Next, Jung Daehyun." She sighed before continuing." 100, highest core in the class."

The classmates clapped for him and Daehyun skipped to the front happily. " I really dont understand how can you do well when you did not study at all." The teacher commented.

"because I am genius." He joked and the teacher rolled her eyes.

That is Jung Daehyun's normal days. Its full of excitement and laughter. His funny and playful personality is loved by many. 

 

"NOONA! WAKE UP!" Lee Ji eun who was dreaming about chicken wings suddenly felt her bed bouncing up and down, up and down.

Jieun groaned. " Ugh, quiet down will you?". And threw her pillow to a direction and a loud thump was heard. 

"Ouch! Yah! Wake up sleepy head! Its already 8!" A boy screamed. Upon hearing that, Jieun immediately shot up and dashed to the toilet. She brushed her teeth and washed her face in a fast speed. Running out of the bathroom to take her uniform and ran back into the toilet to change. In less than a minute, she ran out of the toilet, all dressed but her hair was still in a mess.

"Late late late!" She chanted as she ran to the mirror and started tying her hair up. In the process of tying her hair, she unpurposely glanced at the clock and her eyes widened at it. 

"Lee.Jun.Su." Jieun growled, saying each syllables clearly. Lee Junsu gulped down his saliva and ran away to save his life. 

"HOW DARE YOU LIE TO ME THAT ITS ALREADY 8?! ITS ONLY 7 FOR GOD SAKE!" Jieun's voice was heard even outside of the house.

The sound of the opening of door was heard. " What happened? Is there a robber? ert? Or KILLER?!" A woman's panick voice was heard.

"Mommy!" Jieun exclaimed." Lee taemin just lied to me that its 8 when it was just 7!" She complained and pointed at her little brother who 10 years younger than her.

"Well, i think he did a good job by doing that or else you wont be able to wake up." Her mother commented. Lee Junsu stucked out his tongue and said "mehrong" right after their mom left to the kitchen. Lee Jieun could only roll her eyes at her mischevious brother. 

"Hyung! I did well right?Right?" Lee junsu asked his brother,  Lee taemin , who was busy making their breakfast. Lee taemin just chuckled and continue doing his work. 

"Haha, your hyung ignored you." Lee Jieun younger brother, making him pout. 

" I dont care." Lee Junsu said and crossed his arms, acting as if he didnt care at all.

"Hmmm..." Jieun hummed. " Pity you " Jieun patted his head teasingly and ran away immediately. 

"Noona!" Lee junsu shouted and ran after her. Jieun squealed and they ran around the house like little kids. Well, its normal for junsu since he is only 7 but jieun is already 17.

Lee taemin, being the oldest one can only sigh. " When will the stop arguing?"

 

Finally, after they calmed down. They began to eat their breakfast, but not peacefully. Junsu will suddenly steal her food and she will steal his too for revenge , their parents have to nag at them for being so childish.

"Oh, Jieun-ah. Kai has arrived." Jieun's father informed his daughter.

"Okay. Bye everyone." Jieun bid goodbye and ran out of the house to meet her best friend, as well as her crush, kai.

"Ae-yo!" Jieun greeted. Kai looked at her and they bumped their fists together like how boys usually do. 

"Ride on." Kai gestured. Jieun nodded and jumped on his motorcycle.

"Hold on tight cause I am going on a fast speed. " Kai told her.

"Sure! Let's see how fast you can go." Jieun challenged. Kai smirked and looked behind. " Don't regret your decision. You know me right, I always live up to my words.

"Prove it." Jieun smiled. 

"As you wish madam." Kai replied formally and began to drive in a fast speed all of a sudden making Jieun shock and she hugged his waist in hurry, scared of falling down.

In just 4 minutes, they arrived at their school when it took them usually 15 minutes to arrive.

"How is it madam?" Kai asked as he took of his helmet. Jieun heaved a deep breath before answering." Awesome."

They laughed before going to their class.

 

-English lesson-

Due to this reason, kids nowadays suffered malnutrition." The teacher read in English. She looked up and called Jieun. " Please translate the next sentence sentence to English."

Jieun stood up nervously and bit her lips. That is her habit whenever she is nervous or scared. "ummm...we..to...hab..uhh...." She titled her head, not understanding how to translate it.

The teacher sighed and told her to sit down. " I really wonder why are you so good at other subjects but not English?"

"Because English is just not my food." Jieun replied casually causing the teacher to give her a look while the rest of the classmate laughed at her answer.

 

-Lunch time-

Lee Jieun and Kai were siting at the rooftop eating their lunch together, it might look like they are dating but they are not. They are childhood friends and they always stick with each other like magnets. Suddenly , Jieun felt a buzz in her pocket. She stopped eating and took her phone out to see that there is a notification of a new message. She opened it and it was from Suzy.

"Oh! Suzy messaged me." She said out loud for Kai to hear. 

Kai looked up from his food and leaned closer to her." What did she wrote?"

Jieun-ah! My mom said that we are going back from America in 2 months! Isnt that great? I will be able to meet you and Kai again! -Suzy

Really? That's good! I missed you too bestie~-Jieun

Me too! See you soon Jieunie!- Suzy

Lee Jieun jumped and danced around. " Bae Suzy is coming to town~" She sang.

 

-After school-

"Want me to send you to your workplace?" Kai asked.

"No, It's okay.I dont want to trouble you anymore. Your family has helped mine a lot. " Jieun rejected his offer kindly.

"Sure?" Kai asked.

"Sure!" Jieun replied. Kai looked at her unsurely. Jieun sighed and patted his shoulder." I'll be fine. It's just nearby anyway. I wont be lost okay? Nothing will happen to me. I am good at fighting too remember? No one can bully me." She assured.

Kai sighed. " Okay then, if you need any help, just call me okay? Message me too when you arrived, or else I'll go there myself and check on you." He told her.

" Okay okay "Dad". I need to go now , bye!" Jieun waved and ran.

"REMEMBER!" She heard Kai shouted from behind and she made an okay sign with her hand and laughed at the overprotective best friend.

 

"One kids meal and 2 packets of strip fries? That'll be 10 000 Won. Thank you." Jieun thanked the customer. She looked at the clock. 4 30. Shift over!

Jieun went to the staff room and changed her clothes before walking to her next workplace- Starlight cafe.

 

" Here is your cafe latte, americano and melon pudding sir." Jieun placed the food that the customer ordered on the table. She looked at the clock. 6 . Shift over. She changed her clothes and walked to her next workplace- Math Tuition Centre.

 

" The equations are X+Y= 13 and 3X+2Y=33. Solve it using elimination or substitution. You will get X=7 while Y=6. Get it?" Jieun asked her students.

"Yes teacher" The students answered in unison.

"Good then. Your homework will be from page 145 to page 148. That's all for today. Class is over." Jieun said and bid goodbye to the kids before going home.

 

"I am home..." Jieun said as she entered the house.

"Oh, Jieun-ah. Please help me take the size M for this shirt. " Her mom ordered.

"Sure." Jieun answered and put her bag on the counter before going to the storage to take the Size M. "here." she handed the shirt to her mom. Her mom thanked her and go back to serve the customer.

"Umm...Do you have any light purple dress?" A customer came and asked. "Oh sure. Here, I'll show you." Jieun said enthusiasticaly and helped her mom to sell clothes.

 

Finally, it was 9 pm and the shop is closed. Jieun laid down on the couch tiredly.

" Jieun." Her mom called.

"Hmm??"

" You must be tired right? Studying and having 3 part time job and have to help me sell clothes." Her mom sat on the couch next to her leg.

" A little" Jieun replied.

Her mom sighed, she was feeling bad for her child. " I am so sorry, you dont have to work that hard though, you are just 17, it should be me and your dad who have to work harder."

"its okay mom. I dont want to be a burden to you." Jieun smiled purely.

" You are never a burden to me jieun. Aigoo, where can I find such a good daughter like you." Her mom smiled.

"Here." Jieun pointed at herself and they laughed.

That was, the normal days of Lee Jieun.

So the question is, how did Lee jieun who lives at a different environment compared to Park Jieun and Jung Daehyun meet? 

 

 

 

Author's note:

Oh! Finally first chapter! Thank you for the people who subscribed , commented and upvoted! 

This is just the introduction of the characters. Drama will start soon~. I've edited some errors hehe.

Please comment. I want to know what you think of my story. Thank you!