The beginning

Together

Min Woo's POV

                  I only looked at her in the coffin. Her smile was really beautiful despite she was very pale. I caressed her cheeks for the last time and leaned closer to kiss her forehead. I was the last person to say goodbye since she had no family left. When they closed the coffin, I stumbled and nearly fell from the altar, but luckily someone supported me. I grabbed his suit and cried on his chest,making his suit getting wet. But, it looked like he did not care about it. He patted my back to calm me down and just let me cried. 

"Dong Wan-ah...why she has to go??", I asked the man who was hugging me tightly.

"Min Woo...", was only he could say while wiping my tears. How could not I cry? The one who was dying was my closest cousin of mine. She was everything to me. She was my bestfriend, my counselor and my sister to me. She was where I would tell my problems. We were getting apart since I knew that she was pregnant someone's child. I was sulking with her because she did not tell me who was the father of the child, not to mention she was carrying an illegimitate child in her belly because she was not married yet. I refused her calls for months,showing my protest because of keeping the child but, I did not know that was the last time I would hear news from her when suddenly I received a call from my sister saying that she died, while giving birth to the child. 

The coffin was finally being carried away to the graveyard. I did not have the heart to say her bury, thus I stayed with Dong Wan accompanied me in the car.

"Are you sure you dont want to be there??", Dong Wan said as he pointed to the crowded people in front of a grave.

I shook my head slowly and looked at him, hoping him to understand me and luckily he did. He hold my hand to channel his energy and I was thankful for that.

Finally, the function was finished. My sister approached my car with a baby on her hands. Dong Wan quickly opened the car and I saw my sister gave him the child to be carried by him and then, she walked to me. I got out from the car as well and then, she hugged me.

"Min Woo-ah..."

"Yes,noona...?", I tried to be emotionless but I failed because I cried more at the moment she hugged me.

"Min Jung told me that she wanted you to take care of the child...", my sister said as she pulled away. I startled by her statement and stepped back.

"...."

"Min Woo-ah.....please don't reject this. She knew she was dying when she told me this.....", my sister started to cry but I only looked at her.

"She said to me..in tears...to give you this baby...she trusted you so much to take care of this child. Don't hate this baby..He is innocent...Please...for the sake of Min Jung...please....fulfill her last request....", my sister hold my sides and shook me a little. I looked at Dong Wan, my male best friend. He was immersed in playing with the baby in his carry. The baby laughed upon seeing Dong Wan's smiles. I was mesmerized with the scenes. It touched my heart when I saw that. I wished that I could be like that too. I turned my head to face my sister and nodded.

"I will take care of the baby for her....", I said slowly to my sister. She hugged me again and thanked me before she left with my family.

"Dong Wan-ah...", I called him but he seemed too occupied with the baby. That healed my sadness for a while. I went to him and hold his shoulder. He was surprised and jumped a little but he smiled when he saw me,smiling at him.

"I'm going to take care of him..", I said as I was trying to get hold of the baby. He gave me the most beautiful smile and handed me the baby. When the baby was in my holding, my tears fell down again for umpth time for a day. He looked so much alike with his mother. I could see her rounded eyes, her pinty nose, her plumpy lips and her rosy cheeks from him. I could not hate the baby even though he was the reason of Min Jun's death. Instead I love him more,knowing that he is the treasure that Min Jun had left me. The baby looked at me and smiled again. Did he not tired of smiling? I started to wonder. I hold his hand for a while. When I tried to pull my hand away, he grabbed my finger and gripped it tightly with no intention to let it go.

"Min Woo-ah.....", Dong Wan said to me and I looked up at him.

"Lets take care of this baby together...", he spoke to me with a soft voice.

 

 

....to be continued....