CHAPTER IX

Finding Us

I was finally sitting in the small gazebo. The sun was about to rise again, and the girl I’ve met before was still nowhere to be seen. I glanced at my wrist watch, it’s almost eight. Then I could suddenly feel that someone sat beside me. I wanted to turn my head and try to look at their face, but I can’t, and I don’t know why I can’t.

The person held my hand and brushed her thumb at the back of my hand. It felt nice and comforting…

“Did I make you wait too long?” She said

“No. I don’t really know actually.” She giggled and then rested her head on my shoulder, “I wish we could be like this everyday Taeyeon-ah…”

I was still not looking at her face though I wanted to, but it seems so hard for me to turn my head

“Who are you?” She giggled again and continued to rest comfortably on my shoulder, “Someone who cares a lot about you…”

My eyebrows met in confusion, “Why can’t you just tell me your name?”

“I can’t… Not yet…”

“Why?”

“I’m still forbidding myself. You once had a wife; I believe you still love that woman…”

“But I’ve already let her go…” I could feel that she breathed in deeply and pulled away from me. It gave me the chance to look at her face, but sadly, her hair was blocking the side of her face

“You’ll know me sooner. So please wake up…”

I wake up again. But today, I could see from my window, it’s raining really hard. There was no eye smile that greeted me this morning. This is going to be a rough day.

 

***

 

Taeyeon went downstairs to grab a bite. Tiffany was nowhere to be seen, and it’s weird for Taeyeon not to see Tiffany so early in the morning. The latter toasted some bread and got some milk. She sat there, all alone in the dining room, and it was raining. Taeyeon never felt so alone.

“Ti…” Taeyeon tried to call out for the latter. But the words seem to be stuck in , she can’t say Tiffany’s name. Why?

Minutes later, Tiffany appeared right in front of Taeyeon, the latter jerked a little, “It’s raining hard. Will we be able to go on for today?”

“I don’t know…” Taeyeon breathed out, “We’ll just take our chances Tiffany. I’m sure it’s going to stop.”

“I wish it would Taeyeon-ah. But I’m afraid, it wouldn’t?”

“How would you know it wouldn’t?”

“I just know.” Tiffany said like she was out of breath. Taeyeon just looked at Tiffany intently, as if trying to read the latter’s eyes. But it seemed all blurry, Taeyeon can’t point out what Tiffany’s eyes were saying, so she decided to stand up and clean her plates

“It’s going to stop. Just keep the faith.” Taeyeon said with an exasperated sigh. Why was she even angry anyway?

Tiffany just looked at Taeyeon with questioning eyes. Tiffany could sense that something is wrong with the latter, so she just kept her gaze at Taeyeon, thinking that maybe she could get an answer with Taeyeon. But instead, she was ignored. Taeyeon hurriedly went to the bathroom while Tiffany just followed.

Taeyeon went inside the shower, trying to calm herself. Distance isn’t a bad thing or a good thing, she thought. Why was she even thinking about this? Taeyeon sat on the tub, trying to relax herself. Tiffany’s situation was about to get out of hand if she doesn’t do something right now.

But where would she start looking?

Taeyeon let out a frustrated sigh as she thought about this search more and more.

“Am I starting to become a burden?”

“No.”

“Then what is wrong with you today? Where’s the happy Taeyeon I’ve always seen everyday?”

Taeyeon remained silent, “I guess I am becoming a burden.”

“No.”

“What then?”

“I’m just having a hard time. And I don’t know why…”

Tiffany pressed her lips together, “You’re being random Taeyeon.” Tiffany then disappeared suddenly in the room, leaving Taeyeon all out of breath. The palpitation of her heart was getting more and more serious everyday whenever she sees Tiffany.

This is bad…’

 

***

 

Taeyeon has finished showering and went back to the living room, wearing some casual clothes. The rain still hasn’t stopped and Tiffany was sulking on the couch. Taeyeon decided to ignore the latter. Her heart was doing it again. She wanted to talk to Tiffany, but she kept shying away.

What the hell is wrong with me today?’

“I’m gonna go somewhere. Are you coming Tiffany?”

“No.” Tiffany said deadpan. And it hurt. It hurt like hell for Taeyeon. Taeyeon then gulped nervously

“Oh. Okay then. I’m going now.”

“Goodbye.” Taeyeon widened her eyes at Tiffany, while Tiffany wore a bored expression. The rain isn’t helping at all

Taeyeon stepped backward, “I really am going now.”

“Okay.” Taeyeon flinched and stepped backward again, “I seriously am going now.”

“Be safe.” The latter’s eye twitched and sighed deeply. Tiffany’s not really coming. This is stupid.

Taeyeon went out of her apartment and pouted in disappointment. She walked slowly, thinking that maybe Tiffany would follow. But as soon as she arrived by her car, Tiffany appeared nowhere. So much for anticipation, she thought and went inside the car, lazily starting it. Not knowing where she could be headed off to.

 

***

 

Taeyeon stopped at a bar and decided to get a drink. She went inside the bar and could see that there were not much people today. It must be the rain, she thought. She sat by the counter and ordered some beer; she drank a little, thinking about today’s events.

“Hey.” Taeyeon cocked her head to the side and to her surprise; it was the girl she met some time before. ‘s girl

Taeyeon smiled slightly, “Oh, it’s you. What are you doing here?”

“Oh nothing. Just trying to ease my mind. You? How about you, what are you doing here?”

“Hmmm… Pretty much, doing the same.” Taeyeon chuckles and sips again from her glass

“Ahh… Boyfriend problems?” Taeyeon chuckled and pressed her lips together, “Ohh… Girlfriend problems…”

“Not that either.” Taeyeon smiled slightly and cocked a brow, “I’ll give you one more chance to guess…”

“Family problems?” Taeyeon just giggled and shook her head as she drank from her glass. The lady pouted at Taeyeon and drank from her glass too

“I’m Ailee” The girl then sticks out her hand out to Taeyeon and the latter shook it gladly, “I’m Taeyeon”

“So Taeyeon-ssi. Are you single?”

Taeyeon chuckles softly, “I can’t say.” Ailee chuckles softly and sips from her glass, “You like flirting don’t you Taeyeon-ssi?”

Taeyeon sips from her glass, “No. But I think you can make the exemption for today…”

Ailee smirks, “Really?” Taeyeon then chuckled softly, “Why not give it a try.”

 

***

 

Soft moans were heard at the living room. Taeyeon and Ailee were making out by the couch, forgetting the presence of the most unlikely girl to be ever seen. Both enjoyed the pleasure that were given, but something felt heavy in the air, Ailee decided to pull away.

Taeyeon cocked a brow, “What?”

Ailee suddenly sniffed and let out a soft cry, “Hey, hey, hey… What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked worriedly

“I just can’t….” Ailee cried harder while Taeyeon suddenly hugged the latter for comfort. Ailee just cried in Taeyeon’s arms, when Tiffany suddenly appeared in front of Taeyeon. Sadness were evident in the latter’s eyes and then disappeared again

Ailee pulled away and wiped her tears, “I’m sorry Taeyeon-ssi. I can't do this...” Taeyeon patted the latter’s back softly, “Would you mind telling me what’s wrong?”

Ailee sniffed and then started talking about her problems. They went all nighter talking about Ailee’s boyfriend who suddenly broke up with her without letting her know the reason why, until the latter finally felt tired and slept on Taeyeon’s couch. And Taeyeon, being the kind person she is, carried Ailee and let the latter sleep in her bedroom while she decided to sleep in the living room.

As soon as Taeyeon sat on her couch to sleep, Tiffany suddenly appeared right in front of her, “I wish I could punch you in the face and make you realize of a few things Kim Taeyeon.”

“What?”

Tiffany turned her head to the side, trying not to show her true feelings, “You’re so goddamn slow Taeyeon…” Then the latter disappeared, leaving Taeyeon perplexed at the sudden outburst and situation…

What did I do now?’

 

 

[A/N: Sooo... This chapter wasn't supposed to go like this, but my files got deleted, and I was like,

 

no ... So I have to start all over again and I could only come up with this, I hope this wasn't a bad chap guyth, and sorry if I used Ailee as 's girl' I can't think of any artist that likes Taeyeon a lot... Please comment! Feed backs are welcomed... ^_^]