Day Two

The Couple Whom God Loves The Most

 


It was like a long peaceful sleep. Everything seem so calm, eveything's in white. There's a figure from a distance,a man's back. Then suddenly,a bright blinding white light appear from nowhere and the man walk closer to the light. Sehuna was standing behind him hundred of meters away. She kept on running and running to stop him but it seem like she's stuck from where she stood no matter how fast she ran.
    
"DONT GO!!!DONT GO!!!!!!!!!"

"Yah! wake up!" 

Sehuna hears someone shout. She open her eyes and sees Zoe-tao standing infront of her with a worried look. She look around her,everything's in white,just like in her dream. She tries to sit up from the bed but her back ache terribly. Head ticks like a hammer is hitting it. Her chest hurt like something huge smashed it. And down to is burning.

"Jongin?- - - Jongin? where is - - -he."she struggle to utter those words with a coarse voice.

 "I didn't let anyone know that you're here. Just rest ok..You need to tell me later what were you doing in countryside lying next to a grave?!" Tao shrieks.

"Grave?!" Sehuna's eyes widen. "Please tell me where Jongin is?"

"I dont know..maybe fooling around somewhere else as usual!!" Tao blurts like she care the less.

"he is- - -  he- - -is alive.."she whisper and quickly remove the tiny tubes on her wrist.

" Yah! Yah! what are you doing?!" Tao stop Sehuna but not enough as the younger able to free herself.

"Help me get up please.."

"No no no! you're not going anywhere..Do you wanna die?"

"I'm already dead",she whisper to herself.

"Don't worry ok. I'm fine,I need to see Jongin", she manage to get out of the hospital no matter how Tao tried to stop her. Stepping instantly on the cab waiting outside the hospital.

"Ahjussi- - -SM Academy please- - -"

Sehuna arrives at the Academy limping and dragging her sore body. She went straight to the dance studio where Jongin and the other trainees usually stay . Her heartbeat racing as she gets closer. She hears upbeat music playing inside the room. Takes a deep deep breath before opening the door slowly. She scan her eyes tensely at the familiar faces inside the room. Suchen and Baekyeol practicing a dance together while Luchan watching them silently. Her heart drops when her sight falls on the couch where Jongin is lying with his eyes shut. Tears begin to drip nonstop clouding her vision looking at Jongin ...alive..again.

"Sehuna?!" Suchen notice her standing beside the door,they all stare at her blankly while she wipe her drenched face.

Luchan approach her, "Are you ok? Why are you wearing hospital gown?"

She want to run towards Jongin and touch his face. She can't believe she really brought him back to life.  Luchan notice her eyes fixed on Jongin.

"He- - -he's ok,don't worry.." says Luchan.

But she want to make sure if he really is real and not just another dream or product of her  hallucination. She moves her feet closer to the sleeping Jongin. 

"Sehuna,leave him alone- - -" Suchen utter calmly.

Sehuna didn't notice the uneasy expressions of the three person behind her. When she's about to touch his face, Jongin caught her hand mid air and open his eyes.

Jongin look at her with a dark expression. "What are you doing?" 

Sehuna's jaw drop and stares in awe as her fingertips grip on Jongin's hand holding her. The deafening silence inside the room stay longer no one dare to break the awkward atmosphere.

Sehuna smiles while wiping the tears on her cheeks. " I'm- - -I'm just glad you're fine"

Jongin scoffs, "Why?- - -are you worried that I would kill myself? Again?"

Her eyes widen upon hearing the words he said.

 "Yah! Luchan didn't I tell you to take care of your girlfriend from now on?"

Jongin drops her hand and eyes shift on the equally awestruck Luchan.

"girl- - friend?" Sehuna's brows furrow.

"Sehuna? did you hit your head somewhere else and forgot everything?" the meaningful joke that made nobody laugh coming from Baekyeol.

"Oh Sehuna,don't feel too guilty. I'm doing great without you. Hoooh!!! I didn't knew it would feel this great! I'm goin' out first." Jongin swiftly storm out of the room without looking back.

Sehuna was left hanging and confuse about everything she heard from Jongin. She asks herself if something happen she cannot remember? Her head throbs so much.

"Hey,are you ok?" she heard Luchan's worried voice. 

"Oppa, what happened? why is he treating me that way?"

 Luchan exchanged glances with Suchen and Baekyeol.

"Can't- - you really  remember?" 

Sehuna nods her head in approval.

"I really don't remember what had happen the last  40 days?"

"40 days?what are talking about. Yesterday - - - at the bar? You, us and Jongin- - uhm- - " Luchan stammers unsure how to put into words the things he want to say.

"You told Jongin it's Luchan that you like for so long and it was him hindering you from being with Luchan. You told him that infront of everyone who knew how much Jongin loves  you."  Suchen explains unsympathetically.

"Hyung, " Luchan looks at Suchen telling him to stop.

"Yesterday?! what date is today?" Sehuna manage to ask despite all the rumbling thoughts in her mind she can't process all at once.

"February 28th. You're making me worry. " Luchan reach for her hand.

"Oppa I'm fine..I'm- - I'm just so tired and confused. Don't worry I'm fine," she fakes a smile.

"Ok but I'll take you back home." Luchan insists.

"No oppa, I can find my back. I'll just call you if something happens.." she says trying so hard to look calm and fine.

Sehuna exit the room with her nails digging on her scalp.

"Yesterday?! I went back a day after he died? Why?! It's not written on the book! And why can't I remember anything that happened. He- - he is treating me differently." she shuts her eyes skimming her memory for answers.

Jongin's image walking away from her flashed in her mind.

"Why- - -is he always walking away from me?" she squats down on the floor and trying to dig in deeper to her mind, "Right! The accident! he was in an accident!" she force her mind again to remember more.

*~*~*~*

She and Jongin was standing facing each other infront of their highschool classmates,they were inside a bar celebrating their 1st high school reunion. 
She remembered herself screaming at him. 

"I don't want you tailing me anymore! I'm so tired of you being around me all the time! Do you know how much you make me feel horrible?! I hate you so much!"

Jongin's lips quiver and smiles just like what he always do ,"I never forced you to like me,you know that,just let me love you- - -"

Sehuna cut him off right away, "stop it! stop! stop! stop! I won't ever like you..I like someone else and it's not you! It will never be you! And because of you I can't be with the only person that makes me happy!So go away!"

Jongin's face stiffened,lowered his face to hid his moist eyes. 

"Will you be happy if - - -if I'm gone?" he asked in hushed voice.

"Yes."

She run out the bar,crossing the road abruptly. A loud screeching of a car made her froze in the middle of the road. A hand pulled her body before the car could hit her missing her only less than an inch away. And both of them fell on the rough concrete. When she raised her head to took a glance of her savior,she saw Jongin's pale trembling face.

"A- - are- - you o-kay?" Jongin asked,Sehuna's thin form squeezed from his arms wrapped around her tightly.


"let go- - -let me go...I SAID LET GO!!!!!!" she struggled to break loose from his embrace and started hitting him hard but Jongin didn't even dodged her punches. 


"Why do you hate me so much?" 


She heard him whisper not minding the pain from her hitting.


"Because you make me feel pathetic! My life is so awful but you always came to me smiling! I want to make everyone suffer the way I do - - -but you!!! you were always happy! And I don't like it!" tears streamed down her eyes.


"it's because all because of you..I smile because of you! Give me a chance. Let me make you the happy Sehuna,Please give me a chance. Don't push me away.." 


Jongin pulled away and caged her face to his hands. "Sehuna,"


"I terribly hate you I wish you die! Die!!Die!! Die!!" she shouted instead.


Jongin froze and tears fell on his face. They remain crouched on the sidewalk for long until Jongin gain his senses and drop his arms off her.


" I'll do everything to make you happy."


He got on his feet,walked past her and went straight at the middle of the road ignoring the honking of cars and people yelling at him. 


Sehuna trembled as she watched him continue his pace like an invincible one. She screamed as she saw a huge truck coming towards him but before she could move her body to cease him. Like a ball, Jongin's body flew on air after the impact and his body crashed on the concrete,lifeless.


"KIM JONGIN!!!!!!!!!"

----
Sehuna crumbles in agony as she finally remembers exactly what happen that night.

 "I- - -did it to him."

But she ask herself how did she defied everything? Luchan and Baekyeol mention the same location and the event they were in before the accident happen. But Jongin survived.

-----

Jongin's on his way home when he sees Sehuna standing infront of the bus station still wearing hospital gown. He want to walk away but his legs stand still as he see her wiping her eyes and sniffing. His feet involuntarily moves couple of steps forward but his mind stop him. So, he just hide from a distance where Sehuna can't see him. After almost an hour of waiting,Sehuna stands up and walks toward the phone booth a meter away from the bus station.

"She will freeze to death. Is she waiting for Luchan?" Jongin asks himself.

Then his phone ring from an unknown number. He glance back at her holding the phone. He didn't answer his phone until it stopped ringing. Sehuna dials again and after awhile Jongin's phone start ringing.

"Why is she calling me?"

At the fourth call,he finally answered.

"What do you want?!" he sees her jolted at his angry tone, felt guilty and softened his voice.

"Why- - -why are you calling me?"

"I- - -just- - -" she sniffs and covering .

"Are you crying?- - what happen?" he's not able to stop himself worrying for her,it came out naturally and curse himself for it.

"I- - I wanna tell you something.."

"What is it.." 

"Are you still inside the Academy? I'll wait for you here in the bus station."

"Just tell me right now..I have important things to do..I can't come.."

"I'll wait for you here..Don't worry about me..I really need to tell you something.."

"Tell me tomorrow,ok. Just go home,don't wait for me." and he hang up on her.

Jongin thought it will make her leave but then she didn't budge and stays inside the booth. Few rain drops hit the dry grund as soon as dusk engulf the surrounding. Suddenly the sky poured down a heavy rain like it was sharing Sehuna's pain as well.


"It's okay Sehuna. He'll come. He always will." she consoles her shivering body trap inside the booth.


Jongin become uneasy seeing her shivering in coldness.


"What does she want? After telling me to disappear in her sight forever. I'm trying to forget,you know!!!

Aishhhh!!!" Jongin stomps his feet irritably.


Sehuna jolts in surprise when the phone behind her rings. She's about to reach the phone when Jongin appears infront of her outside the booth's door soaked in the rain with his phone on his ear. He gestures her to pick up the phone,so she does placing the cord to her ears.


"What do you wanna say?"


She tries to reach and open the door but Jongin hold the knob outside the door.


"say it now.."


"Do you hate me that much Jongin?"


"Stop making me miserable. Yesterday you told me to disappear completely in your life. And what is this now? Are you having fun playing my feelings?"


"I'm sorry. I don't mean to say those things." she let her tears flow down freely as Jongin stands outside face to face with her.


"Oh Sehuna,stop this now. I've suffered enough for looong years,I don't want Luchan to suffer the same because of your selfishness and foolish games. So I'll tell you for the last time,forget all the years that I've been a fool for you because I've already forgotten about you too since yesterday!"


He hangs up and sprint away without looking back. Sehuna freeze on the spot. She can't remember how long she had been crying inside the booth fter Jongin left.

 

>>Yeah. Mixing exo members' name..hehehehheh