Bonus: Taehyung and Jungkook's first meeting

Chasing Stars

I was fulfilling prompts fors a tumblr meme

(this was over a month ago, i never got around to uploading this)

Prompt: taekook , are you flirting with me?

 


 

 

The assignment was simple 25 profiles. Please have varying body types, don’t use only models from magazines. Jungkook walked along the beach, giant sketchbook in his hands and charcoals in his bag, determined to finish. He also had a thirteen page macro paper due the Monday after Spring Break, but that can wait. He stepped over a Phi Beta fratboy asleep on the sand with the black outline of a drawn on his back. Hopefully that was paint, imagine if that was a tattoo, Jungkook smiled.

There was someone laying down on a campers backpack with a baseball cap covering his face. He had a terrible farmer’s tan, white shoulders and dark arms, made visible by his tank top. He’ll probably have a new set of tan lines tomorrow, Jungkook thought to himself. And then the wind blew the hat off his face, revealing dark eyelashes and pink lips. 

Jungkook froze.

The guy moved, he wiped sleepy eyes with slim fingers and sat up on his backpack. 

His hair was bleached by the sun. And he had dark eyes that crinkled into a smile when they caught Jungkook staring. 

“Hi,” Jungkook managed.

“Hi,” he answered in a husky voice, “Are you out for Spring Break?”

“Yes,” Jungkook answered.

“That explains why there are so many kids drinking on the beach,” he laughed to himself. He leaned back on his bag and covered his eyes with his arms.

“You’re not on vacation?” Jungkook asked.

“Kind of," he answered in a dream like tone, "in a way.”

Jungkook nodded. His eyes traced over the boy’s thin frame, his smooth jawline and prominent wrist bones, and before could stop himself he asked, “Can I draw you?”

The boy hummed, “What for?”

“An assignment for my art class. I have to draw 23 people over the break,” Jungkook held out his sketchbook.

He looked at the sketchbook, and Jungkook’s chalky hands, and smiled. “If it’s for school, how could I say not? And that does sound like a lot of work.”

Jungkook had already drawn 26 people, and three dogs, but he would rip out those sketches if it meant drawing the boy in front of him. 

He propped himself up on his elbows, and propped up one leg while the other stretched out in front of him, “Paint me like one of your French girls,” he quoted.

Jungkook laughed. He sat down on the sand and began tracing The boy’s form with charcoal. “No French girls today, but I did see a Spanish family, like from Spain not the Cubans you see all over Florida,” Jungkook smiled.

He laughed.

Cautiously Jungkook stopped speaking in English, “And maybe a Korean man?”

His smile grew wider, eyes disappearing into black crescents, and displaying a box shaped smile. “Maybe,” he answered in Korean, “I’m Taehyung.”
“I’m Jungkook.”

They spent a few minutes in silence as Jungkook got lost in a curved knee, and hairless legs, and pale ankles. As the shadows got longer Taehyung began fidgeting. 
“How much longer?” Taehyung asked.

Jungkook’s concentration broke, “What?”

Taehyung smiled, “You were gone.”

“Sorry, I could draw you forever,” Jungkook immediately regretted saying that. He felt his face burn red, and it wasn’t from the heat.

Taehyung smiled lazily at him, “Are you flirting with me?” he asked.

Jungkook swallowed, “Maybe?”

Taehyung chewed on his bottom lip, “Maybe you have a nice smile, Jungkookie.”

Jungkook gave him that smile.

And dinner at the hotel restaurant.

And a room to share for the next two weeks.