Chapter 2-A Fatal Attraction

A Fallen Angel
It was a blistering Friday. The temperature was  **40.5•C in Vienna, Austria, and it's citizens weren't used to it. Among the dammed was Elizabeth, who just so happened to have to walk to work. "It's almost as though hell has frozen over and given us the heat." She murmured to herself, stepping into the busy office building. Being the head writer of Vogue Austria wasn't easy, and also wasn't always the best job. Countless hours of dealing with an arrogant editor and writers who couldn't construct an article to save their life was what Elizabeth had to deal with everyday. And it didn't help that the office was almost as hot as it was outside. Elizabeth pushed the up button to prompt the elevator, only to find that it was full. "I'll take the next one." She said, not wanting to be in close proximity with too many people. "I'm already baking I don't want to burn." She said to herself. Finally, after what seemed like forever, another elevator came. Luckily, it was free of people. Elizabeth stepped into the elevator, pressing the button to go to floor 8. When she made it there, she walked to her desk and collapsed in her chair, instantly depressed when she realized all of the articles she had to approve. Elizabeth lazily flipped through the papers, absentmindedly putting a check on each one. With the papers finally approved Elizabeth trailed around the office, handing the papers back out and telling everyone to have a final draft in by Monday. "Elizabeth I have a question." Elizabeth turned around to see her newest writer, Lily, standing behind her. "Yes Lily?" She said, impatiently waiting for her response. Lily fidgeted, instantly losing her courage to talk to her boss. "Well.... I was wondering..... If I could get another article. You know.... Since I finished the other one." She said, looking down. Elizabeth observed the girl standing in front of her. She really wasn't much. She wore jeans and a t-shirt to work everyday, and her articles were just ok. Compared to Elizabeth she was a major amateur. Giving her another story would give her much needed practice. "Sure. I want you to write an article about Summer Fashion. Make sure it has the mandatory 3 outfits. And also make sure that you put prices and places where the pieces of the outfits can be bought." Lily smiled brightly. "Yes of course thank you." She said, quickly walking to her desk. Elizabeth also made her way back to her desk, dreading the huge stack of paperwork she still had to do. Her black skirt was growing uncomfortable, and she was getting tired of it riding up. Elizabeth put her head down on her desk, feeling as though the end of the day couldn't come fast enough. 
~
Luhan didn't fall from Heaven alone. Six other people fell with him, and they all had done their fair share of wrong doings. "Why are we even here?" Chen asked, walking beside Luhan with his hands shoved into his pockets. "Don't pretend like you don't know why we were thrown out of heaven Chen." Luhan said, walking with no particular destination. Kris scoffed. "Yes thanks to Luhan wanting more than he needed we were given the boot." Luhan stopped walking and turned to face Kris. "What was that? If I remember correctly it was you who wouldn't repent." Kris rolled his eyes. "Yea whatever. The fact of the matter is we all did something to get ourselves into this situation and there's no turning back so there's no point in playing the blame game." Luhan walked down the streets of Vienna with his fellow fallen angels, all of them thrown out of heaven at the same time. "So we know why we were thrown out of heaven, but why are we on earth..... And not in hell?" Xiumin asked. "Because. Why stay in hell when you have the power to go wherever you want? There aren't any women to look at in hell anyways." Luhan said, diverting his attention to a lady walking past them. Kai laughed. "He's right. Also, isn't it our job to make sure that souls are dammed to spend the rest of their lives in hell? Yet another reason to come to earth." Sehun smiled. "Easy. Anyways, we need somewhere to sleep don't we?" All of the guys agreed, immediately starting to search for a hotel. Eventually, they found a restaurant where they could ask for a phone book. While Xiumin looked for hotels, Luhan flirted with every girl that walked by, getting numbers from all of them. "Stop being such a flirt." Sehun said, hitting him on the back of his head. Luhan winked at him. "There are no women to flirt with in hell Sehun." "Yea unless you're attracted to murderers." Kai muttered. Eventually, Xiumin found a hotel. "Ok sinners we have a hotel. Now all we need is money." All of the guys looked around at each other, no one really having an idea of how to get money. "We could sell our souls to the devil." Chanyeol suggested with a smirk. Everyone groaned, having heard the same joke multiple times. Finally, Luhan got an idea. He scanned the restaurant quickly, zoning in on a pretty waitress. Without any warning Luhan walked over to her. The other guys watched on as Luhan slowly brought his hand to her chin, gently tilting her head up to look at him. People in the restaurant where starting to stare, but Luhan could care less. He was about to get money for their hotel. 
~
Hours later, Elizabeth finally finished all of her paperwork. Signing out for the day she said quick goodbyes to her co-workers before making her way towards the elevator. When she descended to the first floor, she started her long walk back to her apartment. It was now dark outside, and she wished that she could have gotten done quicker. The night life in Vienna was just starting, people already gathering on the streets, making their way to the nearest bars. When Elizabeth made it home, she felt her cell phone ring. After digging it out of her purse, she saw that it was her close friend Kim. "Kimmy!" She said, answering quickly. "Elizabeth how many times have I told you to call me Kim? You've known me for years and you know that-" "Yea yea you hate the name Kimmy." Elizabeth said with a laugh. "Anyways what do you want? I just got home from work and you're the first person I talk to so it better be good" Kim scoffed. "Not like you have anyone else to talk to I mean you have been single for the past 23 years." She said. Elizabeth groaned. "It's not my fault Austrian men don't know what they're missing out on. But seriously what do you need?" "Well.... It's Friday.... Let's go out." Kim said. Elizabeth sighed. "Kim you know I don't like to drink. Why don't you just come over here?" "Are there guys at your house?" Elizabeth groaned. "No." "Well then what's the point of me coming over there? Meet me at Pratersauna in 20?" Kim asked. "Ok fine. But only for a few hours ok?" Elizabeth agreed, hanging up the phone to go and get dressed. 
~
"What did you say to her?" Chanyeol asked, staring at the stack of $100 bills in Luhan's hand as they walked to get a rental car. "Well. I'm supposed to be going on a date with her tonight." He said. Chen scoffed. "Let me guess. That's not happening." Luhan nodded. "Exactly. I'm not good enough for her. What would a nice girl like her look like dating satan?" Xiumin laughed. "Really Luhan? You want women to fall at your feet yet you think you're 'not good enough for them.'" He said, animatedly using air quotes. Luhan shrugged. "It's true. Sure I like women. But why should I trick them into dating the devil?" "Because that's what you do Luhan." Kai said, pushing open the doors to the rental place. After a few arguments and a little yelling from Xiumin, they finally decided on a black sports car. "Where to?" Luhan said, dropping into the drivers seat. "What I want to know is how are we all fitting into this car? There are only five seats and there's seven of us." Kris said. "Easy." Sehun said. "Xiumin and I will share a seatbelt and you and Chen will share a seatbelt, Chanyeol and Kai will share a seatbelt, and Luhan is driving." All of them squeezed into their respective seats, fumbling for a few minutes before getting comfortable. "I'm too tall for this." Kris mumbled, attempting to stretch  his legs out. "Move your feet Kris." Sehun hissed, kicking Kris's feet back into their place. "So now what?" Chen asked, staring out of the window. "Let's go out tonight." Chanyeol suggested. "I need a drink." "Drinks." Sehun corrected. "You can never just drink one." "Then to the bar it is." Luhan said. "What are we going to do with the kids?" Chen asked, nodding towards Sehun and Kai. "I'll get them in." Luhan said, searching the dark streets for lights or groups of people. Finally, they arrived to a bar, flashing lights and a hoard of people pushing into the door giving it away. "Pratersauna." Xiumin read, nodding approvingly, as he leaned over so that he could look out of the window. Luhan parked the car, locking the door when all of them had gotten out. Chanyeol bolted for the door, nearly pushing Luhan down. "There's no doubt that gluttony isn't the reason he was thrown out." Xiumin muttered, as he made his way to the door. Eventually, all of the fallen angels were greeted by loud, pounding music, as they walked into he bar.
~
"It's so loud." Elizabeth said, squinting her eyes in the flashing lifts. "I know I love it!" Kim responded, drifting towards the bar. Elizabeth followed, figuring that one drink wouldn't hurt. When her and Kim sat down at the bar, she immediately noticed seven guys sitting a few seats down from them. She had noticed them when one of them nearly shoved her down to get in. He had just gotten there and he already seemed drunk. "Like what you see?" Kim said, nodding towards the group of guys. "Nah. I'm not looking for a guy." Elizabeth said, taking a sip of her drink. "Well just because you're not looking doesn't mean you won't find." Kim said, getting up and starting to dance. "I'll be out there ok?" Kim said, motioning towards the dance floor. Elizabeth nodded, the drink burning . "It's been a while since I've drank anything." She muttered to herself. Her eyes once again trailed over to the guys she had noticed earlier. She had to admit that they were quite cute. Actually, they were he cutest guys she had seen since she moved to Austria four years ago. Elizabeth unknowingly found herself staring, but soon snapped out of it when she realized that one of them was staring back, and coming her way.
~
"Now I'm feeling so fly like a G6." Chanyeol sang loudly along to the song playing, as he sat on top of the bar. "Get down Chanyeol." Chen said, pulling on his shirt. "Ladies love my style, at my table gettin wild." Chanyeol said, getting off of the bar and walking into the crowd of dancing people. "How are we going to find him?" Xiumin asked, turning to face Luhan. "He'll be the one passed out on the floor still trying to take a drink in his sleep." Luhan said. "Hey Luhan. Looks like you have an admirer." Sehun said, nodding towards a girl sitting behind him. Luhan ran his fingers through his hair and turned to Xiumin. Xiumin nodded in approval, as Luhan turned around to see who Sehun was talking about. Luhan looked at the girl that was staring at him, observing her features carefully, eventually locking eyes with her. "She likes what she sees." He said, putting his drink down. Before he knew it he standing up from his seat, and walking over to her. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
**104.9•F