One winter night

Perfect

 

                                                                    ***********************************************

It was winter. Snow had covered trees, rooftops and open areas. A blondie walked aimlessly at the snow covered, faintly lit park while clutching onto her jumper. She took a seat on a bench near a tree, hugged her knees and sighed remembering the day she had.

Mistreated, misunderstood, mistaken and underestimated. Her typical day, yet, she still can't get use to the treatments she received.
 
 
"These are all that you can do?" She was underestimated.
 
"Don't steal people's boyfriends!" She was mistaken.
 
"Miss Jung, this is your last warning if I see you fighting again, you'll have to be expel." She was misunderstood.
 
"Nerds aren't allowed to sit here! Go sit beside the trashcan you idiot!" She was mistreated.
 
 
The blondie took a look at her wrist watch. 11:49 it said. She stood up and went to the tree. The tree was her bestfriend. A very good listener indeed. Ranting on how she felt really bad for lying to her busy parents on how she made many friends, her love for her younger sister, how hard it is to cover bruises she got from her schoolmates to her parents and how she never had someone to rely on other than her sister and maybe, a stranger. The tree listened well to them, not complaining at all.
 
She sat cross-legged under the tree and started talking to her tree while trying to build a small snowman.
 
"Today they're so harsh. Someone pulled my bag, ooh! And I got a new bruise, what should I say to mom? I saw a girl and a boy, they're hugging and holding each other's hand. When will I get to be like them? They say no one wants me because I'm ugly. Is it true?" She stared at her little snowman. "What do you think mr snowman?" She sighed for the nth times and touched her braces while taking away her glasses.
 
"What did I do in my past life to be treated like this? Mr snowman, doctor said they will remove my braces tomorrow. Will they like me if it's gone?"
 
The blondie rolled up her sleeves revealing a few bruises on her arms. She stared at them, with her head burried into her arms she let her emotions took over and cried. She was sobbing when she felt a presence of someone infront of her. She looked upwards and saw a famous cafe's drink cup.
 
"Here, take this. It's hot chocolate. You are shivering all the time." Said the stranger. The blondie took the cup and thanked the stranger. Seconds after she felt someone grabbed her wrist and made her sat on the bench.
 
"Say, why are you crying?" The stranger stared at the tears smeared face. Still gorgeous.
 
"Thank you for this, but my mom said not to talk to strangers," she knew that it was just an excuse.
 
The blondie stood up but the stranger caught her wrist and made her sit again.
 
"Hi, my name is Tiffany, can I be your friend?" The stranger held up her hand, initiating a handshake.
 
"Nobody wants to be my friend. You're going to leave me too." The blondie said before sipping on the hot chocolate, ignoring the hand.
 
"No I won't. Why would I leave you? We can be bestfriends." Tiffany smiled and put her hand inside her jacket's pocket.
 
"They don't make someone who wears braces as friend. Bestfriend? Not even close." The blonde muttered.
 
"But they and I are not the same person. Can I be your friend?"Tiffany asked once again.
 
"You won't leave me?" The blondie questioned.
 
"No I won't. Besides, seeing you cry here in the snow kinda hurts me." Tiffany smiled warmly.
 
"Who are you?"
 
"Pardon?" 
 
"Why did you gave me this?" The blonde asked motioning the warm cup in her hands.
 
"Aah, I saw you sitting under the tree, I tought you might be cold you know. It's colder tonight." 
 
"Why?" The blonde asked staring at the now warm hot chocolate.
 
"Because I want to be your friend." Tiffany said sincerely while giving her eyesmile to the girl. 
 
"But I don't know you."
 
"You can get to know me better. I'm Tiffany, Tiffany Hwang." Tiffany shot another sincere smile.
 
"I-i'm J-jessica" She stuttered, hesitating a bit.
 
"Nice to meet you Jessica Jung." 
 
"Wait, how do you know my surname?" The blonde asked as she was surprised.
 
"I'm your classmate silly." Tiffany said flicking Jessica's forehead.
 
Jessica leaned her head back as she finally looked up and faced Tiffany.
 
"President Hwang?! Oh my god! I'm sorry! I'll pay you back for this." Jessica pushed the cup to the other girl standing up and bowed repeatedly.
 
"Why are you apologizing and stop bowing." The redhead took Jessica's hand and placed the cup in it.
 
"B-but they will punish me if they know I'm burdening you."
 
"No they won't. I won't let them to. I'll protect you. You're not a burden to me." Tiffany said sincerely and chuckled when she saw Jessica's cheeks redden.
 
"Really?" The blonde blushed even harder when she got a nod and a wink as a respond.
 
"Now let me walk you home okay? It's not good to be here in the dark and the coldnest. Brrr." The redhead faked a shiver but later laughed when she saw the blonde shivered. "I told you." She took off her jacket and put it on Jessica's shoulder leaving her with a thin shirt and hoodie to keep her warm.
 
"Aren't you going to be cold?" Jessica asked.
 
"I will. But this will keep me warm." Without warning Tiffany grabbed Jessica's waist and pulled her closer. With Jessica's redden cheeks and Tiffany's satisfied smile they walked together heading to Jessica's house.
 
                                                                   •----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------•
 
"We're here." Jessica returned Tiffany's jacket.
 
"I'll see you tomorrow at school."
 
"Can i ask you something?"
 
"Sure, go on" Tiffany wore her jacket.
 
"W-why are you doing this?" Jessica asked, holding the now empty cup nervously.
 
"Wanna know why? Come here." Tiffany said motioning the blonde to come closer.
 
"Because I'm in love with braces-nerd Jessica Jung." Tiffany whispered and kissed Jessica's cheek before dashing away. "Goodnight Miss Jung!"
 
And that was the first time Jessica's heart raced incredibly fast. 
 
                                                                     ************************************************************************************