Self-Evolution

The Tragedy of a Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I didn’t know what I’ve gotten into me but I’m starting to like the attention I’ve been getting recently. Like I was jaw slacked when I saw the amount of friend requests in my Facebook and some even PM-ed me to accept their request and I felt like… wow, I feel so appreciated all of a sudden. Is that even a right word to use? It sounds like I’ve done something really good.

  For once, other people actually notice me since I’m always hanging out in the background and try not to blend in with the other crowd. But gosh, I guess this is how popular looks like and I see other people take it easily heck they even enjoy being popular? That got me wondering if I should because these friend requests are uncontrollable.

  So, I did; and I might say that it’s the greatest decision I’ve ever made—I think, I mean… there’s nothing bad about it. I don’t see none of my friends are being mad about, heck—they even congratulated me for being socially friendly and coming out, finally. I think this went all to the first day of school of the new semester and finally I’m out of my room because I’ve been on my computer all break.

  So, on that morning, I was heading back to the school’s porch to wait for Kyungsoo because I didn’t want to enter the hall without him and on the way, I met some girls I know—not close though, through Facebook and I greeted them happily, and I didn’t expect them to giggle right in front of me but oh well.

  Also, on the way, I bumped into Krystal and she confuses me a lot. Last semester, she said that she would be moving but then here she is today on the first day of school. Why did she even say that she’s moving? Maybe she just wants me to make me miss her or something like in those cheesy novels and all.

  Krystal claims that she likes me and I barely even know her let alone heard of her. The only thing I know about her is that she’s had a sister that goes here and yeah, that’s the only thing I know about her. Last semester, she did so many things—even volunteering for everything that’s open and I didn’t know why so I guess she just wants attention or something.

  She greeted me, but I’m starting to get annoyed with her… like she tries to befriend me before but I ignored her because I didn’t know what to say and I’d get tongue-tied every time a girl tried to talk to me. And now… I’m just really bored to answer her like I’m totally done with her. I don’t understand why she keeps trying; she just has to stop.

  When I already arrived at the school’s porch, Kyungsoo was lazily walking in like he hasn’t been catching a wink last night. “What’s up, doofus?” I jokingly called him as I took him under my arm and thank God for my tall height and his petite figure. “In case you’ve forgot—you made me stay up last night,” he groaned and I looked at him confusingly.

  “Oh my God—you did forget,” he said blankly and I scratched my head. “What did I forget actually?” I asked him nicely and he just sighed. “I was waiting for your call because you said you’ll call me later after the last time we’re on the phone because you wanted to talk about that art school you’re going to apply after we graduate next semester,” he explained with a scrunched up face. “Then you said you had to hang up because your battery was running low and said you wanted to use the phone’s line instead,” he added and a void of guilt started to developed inside of me.

    “I stayed up until, what—2 a.m.? I waited for you, Jongin, because I know how important it is for you to enter an art school,” said Kyungsoo and I could see his eyes watery. What a baby, I thought before I sighed. “I totally forgot, okay? After I hung up and came out of my room, my sister suddenly called me to help her and clean the living room; after I was done, I was so exhausted so I went straight to bed,” I explained quickly, hoping that Kyungsoo would forgive me but he just sighed.

  “Forget it—at least you snuck me some time to finish reading my novel,” he said as she shoved me away. “Kyungsoo, wait!” I called after him and followed him. “You know that I’m really sorry, right?” I asked him as I pulled his shoulder and peered at me from it. “I know you are, but,” he paused and I furrowed my eyebrows. “But what?” I asked him to continue but he shook his head.

  “Nothing, I was being reckless again,” he shook his head and smiled a bit. “I truly am sorry,” I said again but he just shook his head. “Just… don’t forget that there’s always someone that could help you,” said Kyungsoo with his adorable smile. “You are too cheesy,” I laughed as I slung an arm around his shoulders as we both walked to the hall for the assembly.

  “Jongin, wait,” I heard a slightly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter