NEIGHBOURS CAN BE A PAIN…BUT ALSO HELPFUL

NEIGHBOURS CAN BE A PAIN…BUT ALSO HELPFUL

It was a chilly, windy night and from a particular dorm in Seoul, loud yells of frustration could be heard from miles away.

“Arghhh! Stupid human contraption! Why don’t you produce heat?”

“Hitting it would make it work hyung.”

Yongguk turned around and glared down at the younger alien who looked up at him expectantly.

“Well maybe if you didn’t go tampering with it then we won’t have this problem,” he replied through gritted teeth and yelped in surprised when he felt a slight jolt on his pointer finger. He turned back to see that it had brushed past one of the loose wires and now was sporting a light pink burn.

“What’s all the commotion?”

Both aliens looked back to see their general entering the room, his favorite crew member close behind him.

“This one here thought it would be a good idea to upgrade this thing-”

“Heater…”

Yongguk narrowed his eyes but continued, “…with one of his experiments and now that dumb thing is busted.”

Himchan furrowed his eyebrows at the addressed male.

“Is that true Youngjae?”

The younger sighed but answered nevertheless, “Yes but that because I wanted to enhance its performance. Com’on; just think about how better it would work with an intergalactic power core as its power source than this feeble electric supply that it’s running on now.”

“And now it’s not working and the entire place as cold as the freakin’ north on Mato,” the planet’s elite killer snapped back before getting down from the ladder he was situated the whole time.

Pretty soon the pair began to bicker, Yongguk blaming the younger for fiddling with the heater while Youngjae defended himself every time the other lashed out.

From behind the general, Jongup looked back and forth at the arguing duo his mind reeling on a possible solution.

“Hey what about we go for help?” he suddenly said causing the two to stop their argument and Himchan to stare at him in confusion.

“Jongup-ah I’m sure that Yongguk tried the hand book already-”

“I wouldn’t count on that,” Youngjae quipped but went quiet when Yongguk began to advance towards him.

“Well,” Himchan continued, “Even though, I don’t think it would be wise to bring in an electrician in this seeing that it can blow our cover.”

“But hyung I wasn’t talking about book or an electrician.”

Himchan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“I mean why don’t we ask them for help? They’re the only ones that would understand this technology aside from us.”

Yongguk’s eyes widened when he realized who the younger was referring to and immediately when up in a rage.

“HELL NO! There’s no way I’m going to go to them for help with anything! I rather stay here and get shock a million times before going to those idiots!”

The other three winced at the man’s loud voice as he proceeded to rant about all the reasons he rather die than ask for help from the other team. Eventually Youngjae’s ears had enough and he had to clasps his hand on the elder’s mouth to get him to shut up.

“Okay,” he said calmly, “We get the point; we won’t ask them to assist us if you hate the idea so much. We’ll fix it ourselves like we planned.”

Yongguk narrowed his eyes at the shorter but eventually give in to the boy’s words and left the room mumbling that he had to check on Zelo. It wasn’t until he left Himchan decided to speak again a tired smile on his face.

“Jongup-ah, I know you mean well but you know bringing those guys up isn’t the best idea at the moment, especially when-”

“HELLO; IS ANYONE HOME? HYUNGS ARE YOU IN THERE?!”

, “-that one shows up every day,” Youngjae finished, groaning loudly when the deep voice continued to holler beyond the safety of their door.

Jongup being the polite soul he was began to head towards the door but was instantly knocked by a blur of red and blonde who was no other than a harsh breathing Yongguk.

“Don’t. You. Dare,” he gritted through clench teeth giving the now trembling alien a death glare and turned to the other two with the same look.

“Hyung is that you?!” the other yelled on behind the door, “I found something I think you guys would like.”

Yongguk cringed at the male’s way too happy voice before turning to their general.

“Make him go away,” he ordered with resentment.

“Yongguk you know I can’t tell him off just like that,” Himchan tried to plea but with no anvil.

“Do it or I will go out there and kill him myself,” he answered dangerously.

“But hyung you could get in trouble for that,” Jongup said after getting up off the floor.

“He’s worth it,” was all the man said before tugging the leader to the main entrance.

“Deal with it.”

With that he let go of the younger’s arm and walked out of the room once again. From the corner of his eyes he could see Youngjae shaking his head disapprovingly.

“Talk about poor leadership qualities,” he said loud enough for the older male to hear earning himself a glare.

“It’s not like you would have done any differently,” Himchan snapped back.

“At least I would have put up a better fight,” the brainy one quipped.

More bickering evolved until they both were brought back to reality with another series of thumping against their door.

“Are you guys fighting in there?” the other male asked a hint of worry in his voice.

Himchan took that as a sign to compose himself before opening the door, ultimately greeted by a lanky, curly headed teen.

“Are you guys fighting?” the lad asked once again his freakishly large eyes filled with concern.

“No Chanyeol, we’re not fighting,” Himchan stated with a small smile, “It’s just that we have a small problem right now and we’re trying to fix it.”

Chanyeol looked thoughtful for a second before asking, “Is there anything I could do to help?”

Despite knowing that the other might just be of help, Himchan could still hear the threat in Yongguk’s voice not too long ago and went against his better judgement.

“Actually Youngjae has it under control,” he fibbed hoping the boy would take bait, “So we don’t need any help plus we’re going to be busy for the rest of the night so we’re not going to be able to play with you.

The taller of the two pouted.

“But I have something to show you guys…” his unusually deep voice trailed off to one of sadness causing the elder to feel a pang of guilt run through his body.

“Sorry but we can’t-”

“HYUNG!”

“ZELO!”

Himchan deemed his words useless as the lanky teen stepped passed him without second thought and hugged the other being. He could practically hear Youngjae face-palming himself in the background.

Closing the door, he turned to see their robot talking excitingly to the other; Himchan figured that it was about his new found love for skateboards since the boy bot was gesturing to the exact item that was propped in the corner of the room.

“I mean it’s so cool!” Zelo exclaimed, “It’s like I’m flying on the ground but at low altitude.”

“Yeah I know,” Chanyeol replied with just as much fervor, “I didn’t know how cool it was until Kai taught me how it works and it really is like flying but the awesome thing is you have more control over it than you do with a ship.”

Zelo beamed at this but then pouted, “I wonder why Yongguk hyung never programmed me to fly?”

“Because then you’d go off flip flying all over the place and get me in trouble.”

The said male re-entered the room, a bored look on his face until he saw who was standing next to Zelo; then his face turned to one of horror.

“YOU LET HIM IN?!” he shouted accusingly at Himchan who ducked his head and pouted in response.

Before the older alien could say anything Chanyeol lunged at Yongguk in a bone crushing hug, effectively making Yongguk winced at the force.

“Hyung! I’m so glad you’re here. I thought you had gone away on one of your play time escapades.”

Yongguk’s eyes became saucers of fear while the others stare at him in confusion and Youngjae with amusement.

“Play time escapades?” he asked curiously, eyes already lighting up with mischief.

“Yeah; sometimes when he’s down and out and you guys are out he’d stay back and fool around with the hula-hoop or I’d catch him wrestling with those stuff animals that Channie hyung has on his bed and pretend that they’re space villains that came to terrorize earth.”

A moment of silence passed, the atmosphere tease and pending before it was filled with loud, boisterous laughter. Youngjae was the first to start it off followed by Himchan the Jongup who ended up on the floor with Youngjae.

Yongguk could feel a nerve snapping at the side of his head and wanted nothing more than to murder everyone in plain sight. Especially the boy who spilt his most sacred secret to his crew members and not to mention was still holding on to him in a vice like hug.

By the time the others were done each had tears in their eyes and was holding their stomachs, trying to sooth the cramping that came with all the laughing they had done.

“H-hyungs?” Zelo asked completely clueless as to why his elders were acting the way they were.

“Let’s just say there’s a lot more to your hyung than you thought,” Himchan explained to the maknae his body shaking as he threatened to break out into laughter again.

Zelo simply nodded but it was clear that he still didn’t get it.

“Yongguk, I never knew you had this side to you,” Youngjae commented with a smirk, pleased that he had something to black-male the other with.

“You’re dead to me.”

Rather than feeling threatened as he should be the brainiac just burst into a new fit of laughing and Yongguk could feel his anger quickly escalating to fury. He was just about ready to rip himself from the giant of a male and strangle his crew members but was then shut downed when the said giant snapped his fingers and released him from the hug.

“I almost forgot,” he said with realization, “I have something to show you guys.”

Everyone looked curiously at each other…well except Yongguk who steamed at the fact that he was just brushed off as nothing more than a joke. However he too joined his team who were eyeing Chanyeol with caution as the boy fished for something inside his jacket.

With a large grin he managed to find what he was looking for and handed it to the second oldest out of the lot.

Himchan blinked down at the item in the palm of his hand and could feel the others staring at it as well. Confusion clouded his mind when he looked up and asked Chanyeol what it was.

“It an universal remote. It’s supposed to be able to fix and control anything electronic…or with an electric charge,” he explained his eyes huge with excitement.

“Really? Would it be able to fix the heater hyung?” Jongup asked looking at Himchan for confirmation.

“I doubt it,” Youngjae replied looking skeptical, “Whatever it is that you have here Chanyeol, it’s too mediocre to work on our heater. The wattages differ too greatly and it-”

Before he could finish his theory, Himchan pointed the device at the radiator and to everyone’s surprise the machine began to hum with life. The two youngest gasped with surprise and cuddled closer to the elder, both wondering if it could be used on anything else. Even Yongguk edged closer to the group to inspect the remote.

Youngjae stood there stunned by the fact that it actually worked but immediately snapped out of it and stared at Chanyeol.

“Where did you get that?” he demanded confused as to why advance technology like that got into the boy’s hands.

Tearing his eyes away from the distracting scene of the others fighting for the remote, Chanyeol smiled at the brain of the crew.

“Oh I found it in Chen’s room,” he answered, “And when I asked him about it he said that he had made it for you guys but didn’t want to give it to you because it had a draw back.”

The younger furrowed his eyebrows at this and pondered at what that fault might be. At this time Zelo managed to snatch the remote from Jongup’s grasp and began fiddling with one of the buttons. Looking over to the younger, it took Youngjae exactly five seconds to register what Chanyeol had just said.

“…in Chen’s room… WAIT ZELO NO!”

But he was too late, no sooner had the bot pressed the button was there a bright flash of light before the entire dorm was surrounded in darkness; the silence defending as every electrically powered machine including the heater, went dead.

“WHAT THE HELL CHANYEOL?!!”

Yongguk’s voice echoed throughout the dorm followed by other confused murmurs. However that wasn’t the only thing that was wrong because each alien felt that something was off.

“Hyungs?” he heard Jongup asked somewhere in the room, “Why do I feel so…small?”

“My skin feels weird……” Zelo’s voice followed closely after.

“Chanyeol…what did you do?” Youngjae finally managed to ask, still feeling off balanced.

“I don’t know,” the lad panicked.

Before any of them could utter another word the room brightened to a dim yellow and all eyes focused on the small flame that rested in the lanky teen’s hands.

“Hyungs?” they saw the boy’s eyes widened to the point of bursting as his mouth hung opened, “What happened…”

They titled their heads in confusion before looking at each other and finally understood Chanyeol’s expression.

And that’s when they screamed.

“W-WHA…HOW? WHY ARE WE IN THIS FORM AGAIN?!”

Instead of 5 blonde and very human like males, standing before Chanyeol were now 5 short bunnies, all clad in some black latex material that had designs on them. Their eyes were wide and glowing and would blink every now and then as each took in their new appearance.

“Chanyeol,” said the pink tattooed one in an unsteady voice that he figured was Himchan, “Explain please…”

“I don’t know hyung, maybe when you guys pressed it too hard or something,” his voice was trembling slightly because he had no idea what was going on.

Soon enough the bunny with the yellow mask stepped forward and turned to the others and began to explain the situation. That alone was all Chanyeol needed to know it was Youngjae.

“I think what happened was that when Zelo got control of the remote and pressed it must have triggered some glitch in it and so the zap turned us back into matokis,” he stated smartly only to have everyone in the room stare blankly at him.

“So what does Zelo have to do with it?” the voice of Jongup came from the green rabbit next to Himchan.

“I guess it’s because Zelo has the program that alters our forms to humans installed in his system. Plus he’s a machine so the electric force from the remote added with Zelo’s own electric energy probably set the remote’s glitch and the program off.”

Silence enveloped the atmosphere until a flash of red and black came running at the guest alien.

“Or it could have been that idiot Chen designed the thing to do exactly that to screw us and to royally piss me off! And this idiot helped” said the military uniformed bunny that was no other than Yongguk.

He had jumped on Chanyeol and began attacking the boy with his paws, lashing out at whatever he could reach. Unfortunately for him he was under 4ft tall and utterly harmless against a giant like latter who after getting over his initial shock of the other’s random outburst began smiling like kid and proceeded to lift the angry rabbit up.

“Aww hyung don’t be like that,” he cooed, “It would wear off…sooner or later and if it doesn’t I’ll fix it. Besides you look cute like this.”

Chanyeol could feel the heat of anger radiating from the alien in his hand and eventually had to drop Yongguk as the leader began to claw at him again.

Ordering Jongup to fend off Yongguk from murdering the lanky teen Himchan hopped up on a nearby table as to address the small crowd.

“I opt that we call Chen and ask for help,” no sooner had he said the words were there protest from the warrior and the engineer.

“I’m perfectly capable of fixing this problem myself,” Youngjae resorted; if he could have pouted he would, “I am a genius after all, it won’t be much trouble finding a solution.”

“And there’s no way I’m going to go for help from that little snot ball,” Yongguk voiced his opinion as well; “He’d be dead before he could come through that door.”

Himchan sighed at the objection but still tried to convince the unwilling two.

“First of all I don’t doubt your wits Youngjae but this problem is out of our hands. It’s his device so he’d have a better understanding of how to fix it than you would and there’s only so much you could do in this form. That goes for you to Yongguk-ah. You hardly did any damage to Yeollie here much less to Chen who would actually fight back.”

“That’s only because you stop me,” the red bunny growled causing the commander to face-palmed at the male’s stubbornness.

“Plus we can’t survive the cold in this form.”

An unknown voice startled the small group and it wasn’t until Chanyeol directed his torched hand towards his left they saw a small masked bunny standing at the hall entrance, a fluffy blanket trailing on the floor.

“AWWW!!!” Chanyeol practically squealed in his disturbingly deep voice and ran to scoop up the small creature in his arms, outing the flame in his hand and enveloping the room in darkness.

“Light you idiot,” Yongguk yelled to which Chanyeol juggled the other rabbit to hand while the other re-lit by nature.

“Daehyun?” Himchan peered up at the struggling black and white bunny in the teen’s hand in wonder, “What do you mean?”

Daehyun who was at the moment trying to get away from the death grip the fire powered alien hand on him, gave up to answer the elder.

“You forgot that we’re kinda sensitive to temperature change in this form and with the chilly weather we have tonight and no heater to warm us, we’ll freeze.”

 “I think he’s right,” Zelo piped in whilst rubbing his paws over his arms, “It would be better to call Chen hyung and ask him for help.”

“You’re made of metal Zelo; you’re supposed to be cold.”

“That doesn’t mean I don’t want to warmth too,” he said cutely and huddled close Jongup.

Youngjae shook his head at the matoki bot but eventually sighed finally giving in to their commander.

“Fine,” he grumbled, “But one snarky comment out of him and I’ll set Yongguk on him when this whole thing is over.”

“I’m not a dog dweeb.”

“No you’re a bunny hyung. A cute one I might add,” Chanyeol grinned while Yongguk growled.

“Chanyeol could you please call your comrade?” Himchan asked politely, not really up for having another session of tearing a rabid Yongguk off the naïve lad.

Nodding enthusiastically the said teen as he gently placed Daehyun on the floor who wandered off to the two youngest and went for his cell to call the other. Once he heard the elder’s voice on the other end he retold the situation to the male, sounding like an over excited child as he did so.   

For a few seconds the line was silent until the older male burst out into laughing; nothing like the awkward chuckle he portrays to the public but the loud, downright obnoxious laughter that echoed from the beyond the barrier of the ear piece.

 “OH MY GOD! THEY’RE SO DUMB! SERIOUSLY WHO WOULD FALL FOR SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!” Chen hackled causing the younger to cringe at crudeness, “W-wait te-tell me; was it that idiot Bang who set it off?”

“It’s hyung to you, you little runt,” the said alien yelled angrily which only spurred the other into another fit of laughter.

“Err…Jongdae-ah? What about the remote? How are they supposed to change back?” Chanyeol asked hoping to change the topic and stop the upcoming bickering.

“Oh that, well the glitch would only last for a few hours, so don’t worry it would wear off eventually. Remember what happened when I first tried it out at the dorm?”

“Oh yeah,” Chanyeol snapped his fingers at the memory, “We had to stay inside for the whole day…”

Zelo tilted his head to the left, his long ears flattening against his head.

“You guys tried it before?” he asked curiously.

“Yup,” the elder answered and covered the phone speaker to explain, “It was kinda like this except we didn’t have any control over our powers. Kai was popping in and out everywhere, Kyungsoo couldn’t touch anything because he kept breaking them and Kris hyung was levitating…then again I don’t know if that was him or Luhan using his telekinesis but the point was we couldn’t do anything without making a mess. I even burnt down the kitchen.”

“You’re capable of doing all by yourself,” Youngjae muttered earning a glare from Himchan.

“So that means that this would wear off by morning?” Jongup’s hopefully asked was happy when the taller nodded.

“Well that’s a relief,” Daehyun muffled voice came from the blanket that he and Zelo had decided to bundle under. Chanyeol smiled at the cuteness and turned his attention back to the other on his cell.

“Erm…hyung is it okay if I stayed over here tonight?” he asked the general causing everyone else to pop their heads up in surprise and fear with Yongguk and Youngjae shaking their heading subtlety for Himchan to decline.

The pink bunny looked back and forth between the pair and the lad but before he could say anything Chanyeol was already speaking to Chen.

“You sure about that?” came Chen’s answer, “Personally I don’t mind but Suho hyung would go out of his mind if you stayed out all night.”

“Yeah, your leader would worry,” Youngjae piped in as he overheard the other on the line, “We won’t want that now do we”

“It’s okay,” Chanyeol said to the yellow bunny, “I don’t think he’d mind, as long as he knows I’m here with you guys he’d know I’m safe.”

Before Youngjae had the chance to protest Chanyeol went back to his call and soon enough gave a thumps up signalling that he got Suho’s approval while Yongguk face palmed at the teen’s denseness.

“Just don’t cause too much trouble over there,” Chen warned playfully, “Or tick them off, that’s my job. Night kid…”

 “Night and thanks hyung,” the 6 matokis watched the other grinned and put his phone away before turning to them.

“So what do you guys want to eat?”

++++++++

“Ease over Jongup!”

“Nooo, I like this space; it’s warm!

“No, space is mine!”

Himchan shook his head at the fighting pair and placed his screwdriver down heading over to the two on the couch to stop the bickering.

“Cut it out guys, you’re gonna fall if you keep romping like that. Why don’t you just sleep in your beds? You have plenty blankets in there to keep you warm…” he said while separating the two from each other.

“It’s too far,” Jongup whined, “Plus we’re too short to reach the top.”

“And it’s much warmer here, which is why this space is mine!” the bibbed matoki said and lunged for the spot but let out a yelp of surprise when his green band mate tackled him in response.

Himchan sighed at their childish antics and pulled them apart once again.

“Com’on you two quit it. Besides you don’t have to worry for long; Youngjae and I are trying the heater again. All it needs is a jump start and ta-dah! We’ll get our cosy dorm back.”

“So how are you gonna jump start it?”

Himchan rubbed his ears nervously at this.

“That’s where we’re kinda stuck…” he answered and looked over to the other seated three across the room, all huddled over the machine’s interior.

+++++++++

“Okay so if the engine is built to run on this amount energy but needs this amount of power to start…how is this gonna work?”

“That’s what you get for messing with this stuff…”

Youngjae’s ears perked up as he turned to the other and placed his hands on his hips defensively.

“First of all, we are seriously not doing this again especially not at a time like this, Daehyun pass the orange pliers for me,” the masked bunny did as he was told while he continued, “And you forgot that I’m a skilled mechanic and engineer, the best back on Mato. I’ve dealt with much more complex machinery than this-”

“And yet you can’t fix this one little thing,” Yongguk jabbed.

Stumped at the other’s comment Youngjae went back to work snipping a few wires and hooked them to the SLT battery powered circuit board. Grabbing the switch that controlled it, he flipped it and watched with surprise and hope as it began to buzz and spark. Sadly his hopes were crushed when the within ten seconds everything stopped and the circuit shutdown.

“Argghh! We’re never gonna get this fixed,” Yongguk exclaimed and slammed his small paws on the table.

“May be it needs more juice?” Daehyun said thoughtfully but was shut down by the brainy matoki.

“Can’t do,” he stated, “If we do that then the fuse would blow and it would be irreparable.”

Daehyun nodded understandingly and was about to say something but was cut off when two large hands grabbed his form and gently lifted him. It didn’t take a genius to figure out who it was.

“Is there anything I could do to help?” Chanyeol asked the trio and brought Daehyun close to his chest.

It seemed as though he took a liking for the masked bunny constantly hugging and petting him throughout the night. Daehyun didn’t even bother fighting it figuring that it was better to just allow the younger since he was given whatever he wanted with just a tug on the latter’s pants. Youngjae called him a sell-out but he didn’t care; at least the other could get him food when it was too high for him to reach.

“I don’t think that would be wise Chanyeol,” Youngjae tried, “This is a very delicate procedure and you’re not exactly-”

“You’ll just screw it up,” Yongguk bluntly stated only to get a smack from the commander who came over after putting the maknaes to sleep. But as usually lanky lad paid it no mind and continued to plea with them.

“Please hyung, anything? I could go look for another battery for you? Provide more light if the flashlight doesn’t do? I am a walking torch after all… I could even call Chen to help-”

“NO!” came the screams from the small aliens, not wanting help from the cause of the problem.

Himchan calmed himself down and began coaxing the younger.

“Look Chanyeol, it really nice of you for helping us tonight and we really appreciate it, but I think you should sit this one out kay? We could handle it perfectly fine; you just go and get some rest now okay?”

Chanyeol pouted at this but accepted nevertheless and turned with Daehyun still in his arms and went over to rest him with the young matokis. He then made himself comfortable at the foot of the couch and soon drifted off to dreamland.

Youngjae and Yongguk let out sighs of relief while Himchan shook his head disappointingly at them.

“You guys should give him a chance,” he chided.

“Hey you didn’t want him to help either, so don’t go saying anything different.”

“That’s not the point,” the pink leader cut off the red one; “You guys should try to be a bit nicer to him. True I didn’t want him to interfere with this because I know he can be a bit clumsy-”

“More like chaotic,” Youngjae mumbled causing Himchan to sigh for the nth time for the night.

“That’s exactly what I mean. Just try to not insult him so much.”

“Fine,” Yongguk replied with a grunt, “But I still don’t like him.”

“Aw hyung, just because he let out your secret doesn’t mean you have to hate him,” Youngjae quipped smartly, laughing as he finally got back at the elder. Himchan also joined in the laughter but eventually they all stopped and went back to the task of jump starting the heater.

They worked for another hour and half only to get frustrated at the end, making absolutely no progress. Confused, hopeless and royal pissed, the three hopped off their seats and head towards the couch where the four were sleeping peacefully, Zelo and Jongup’s small feet intertwined with each other while Daehyun’s ears rested along Chanyeol’s honey coloured curls.

It was quite a cute sight that even Youngjae chuckled at the sight but then came the important question…

“Where are we gonna sleep?” the brains of the group asked.

“Well certainly not in our rooms,” Himchan commented.

“But there’s no more space on the couch, I mean really how much room could those three take up?”

“Then we’ll sleep on the floor, we could use Yeollie’s legs as a pillow. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.”

As soon as those words left the commander, both bunnies looked to see Yongguk had already made his way across the room and up the ledge of a window.

“Not gonna happen,” was all he said as he leaned against the stilt and crossed both his legs and arms in a defensive position.

“Suit yourself” the second eldest replied knowing that there was no use convincing the latter, “But don’t complain when you find yourself on the ground next morning.”

“And knowing you, you’d be flat on your face in three seconds,” Youngjae snickered earning a growl from the other.

Himchan shook his head at the two and went beside their guest, resting his head against the other legs and gesturing Youngjae to join him.

“Night Gukkie,” he said and with that shut his eyes and immediately went to sleep.

1 hour later

Chanyeol groaned softly at the dull pain in his neck as he shifted his head. Opening his eyes to the dimly blue lit room, he spotted that the source of light was coming from the alien power core still sitting on the table.

Looking down he smiled warmly when he saw Himchan and Youngjae curled in his lap. Himchan was spooning the yellow bunny who would twitch his ears every few second. It was a precious sight that had Chanyeol squealing in the inside

However he immensely shocked when he saw Yongguk based at his hip, small paws trying and failing to circle his waist and even saw him bury his head deeper into his side for more warmth.

Feeling touched he patted the warrior rabbit on his head and went to move but was stopped when he felt something snuggled into both sides of his neck. Peering on both sides he saw that it the younger ones, Jongup’s spiked mask poking slightly at his left ear while Zelo’s spinner jabbed him with every little movement. Now he knew where the pain in his neck came from.

Attempting to move again he was once again interrupted when something black covered his eyes. Panicking a bit, the teen carefully felt his face and reached at the top of his head before grinning when he felt a warm lump at the top.

Apparently Daehyun had climbed at the top of his head while sleeping and now his ears had flopped over his eyes. Chanyeol had to bite his lips so he won’t laugh out at the sheer amount of cuteness his neighbours displayed in this form.

Carefully removing the sleeping figure on his head, the fire powered lad scanned the room once again until his eyes once again settled on the power core on the table. It was obvious that it wasn’t fixed as yet and it was there his mind reeled back on what he heard Youngjae said earlier. It needed a serious electric boost to get it started again without breaking the fuse and put it into overdrive. The gears in his mind began to turn at the thought and pretty soon an idea had popped into his mind.

With that, the lanky alien slowly and cautiously detached himself from the heap of snoozing matokis and made his way over to the broken machine, determined to help them regardless of their refusal.

++++++++

*Whack!*

“Mmmm~”

*Smack!*

“HMM~*

*Slip*

“Argghhh!”

Five pair of eyes shot open at the sound of someone hitting the floor and when they turned to the direction their eyes tore open at the sight.

“Look hyung, we’re back to human!”

Yongguk groaned from the blow he suffered when his head hit the floor but managed to open his eyes only to be stared back by his five very happy and very human band mates. His eyes widened before looking down at his own body and without a doubt he was back into built human frame.

“Looks like the idiot was right,” he exclaimed, “It did wear off.”

“Guk!” Himchan stern face came into view, “Don’t say that. The boy is still in th-wait…how come you’re here and not over there?”

The second eldest pointed to the window where he assumed the older male had slept. However he got his answer when the other started to redden and smirked when he remained silent.

“Someone got lonely didn’t they?” the general teased, laughing out loud when the warrior blushed harder.

Yongguk stuttered excuses only to have them laughed at by Youngjae and Daehyun. Jongup and Zelo who were too tired to care just yawned and leaned on each other for few more minutes if sleep.

Chuckling at the scene Himchan was about to join in on the fun when he remembered Chanyeol and became confused when he realized that the young teen was nowhere in the room.

Untangling himself from the tossed limbs of the others, Himchan made his way over to table and gasped in surprise when he saw the heater not only put back together but working. The machine glowed with life as rays of heat streamed from the grids.

“Hyung?”

Jongup followed by the others crowded behind the second eldest and had basically the same reaction as their leader.

“He fixed it?” Youngjae exclaimed disbelievingly.

“It seems so,” Himchan answered with a stunned voice, “And he left a note…”

A white piece of paper from under the device caught his eyes and picked it up before reading it aloud.

“Hi hyung; I know you said that you guys would handle it but I couldn’t just sit down and do nothing so I decided to do this when you all were asleep. It was very hard to rearrange but I managed to figure it out and now you guys can have your warm dorm back. All it really needed was a bit of heat on one of the wires to jump start it and it’s as good as new!

But thank you guys for letting me stay. I had fun hanging with you and I hope we could do that more often.

P.S: It was hard trying to get up this morning and put you guys back in position, especially Gukkie hyung who wouldn’t let go of my waist. But that’s alright; I didn’t mind because it was really comfortable. Anyway catch you guys later!”

Himchan smiled adoringly at the note and turned to addressed male and the brainiac, both of who had slumped expressions on their faces. Youngjae because he was outsmarted by clumsy flamed lad and Yongguk because he was once again exposed for another out of character behaviour.

“Now isn’t that something?” Himchan started, “He was willing to help us when we couldn’t help ourselves; provided light and heat so we stay warm and now fixed our heater. He didn’t have to do it but he did and that was really nice of him. So I hope you two make a mental note of that and start to treat better.”

Yongguk and Youngjae turned their heads to the sides but muttered out that they would try but added that they can’t promise anything. Satisfied with their answer, Himchan signalled that it was about time they have breakfast and get ready for the day.

At the same moment though there was a loud pounding on the door followed by a familiar voice that alarmed all 6 aliens.

“Hyungs I’m back with breakfast! Oh and I brought Chen with me so he could fix the electricity!” Chanyeol bellowed on the other side of the door causing the matokis to freeze on the spot.

Crap.

THE END