Still Broken

I'm Fine. I Promise.

Three months. It's already been three months. How does time fly by so fast? The time is coming soon. I have to see you again. How can I face you when even just seeing your name pop up on Facebook hurts me? Do I really have to see you? Maybe I can avoid you.

But I miss you.


~3 Months Earlier~

'Chanyeol-ah~ what's wrong'

'Nothing'

Here we go again. 

It was always like this in the morning walking to school. It had been going on for so long that I couldn't even remember when it started. He would always put his earphones in and have blank face. Everytime I asked him what was wrong, he would always say nothing. I knew there was though. I just didn't have the guts to say it.

This morning was different though. He seemed more distant. I felt like a stranger to him. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted more than ever to just face him and just blatantly ask him until he told me. But I couldn't do it.I always asked him every morning what was wrong and everytime he would say nothing. I was exhausted of trying. I didn't see that point anymore.

When we reached the traffic light, he went up to Baekhyun, his bestfriend,  and said:

'Tomorrow'

Baekhyun gave him a sympathetic look and gave him a hug.

Right there and then I knew. It was over.

It all hit me at once. On one hand, I knew it. Weeks, even months, leading up to this day, I had been preparing myself for this break up. I knew it was inevitable. The way we always acted like strangers in the morning, but yet somehow by the end of the day, we were acting like every other couple. The way we could never seem to find anything to talk about in real life and online. I knew it. 

On the other, I was terrified. Terrified of getting my heart broken. He wasn't even going to do it right there, he was going to make me wait until TOMORROW. I would of rather him just break up with me right there. The wait is always worse than the actual thing. 

The day seemed to just go on and on as the thought of us remained in my head. I kept reminding myself of how weary I was weeks leading up to this day; how it was all for the best and that I was having a large weight lifted off my shoulders.

You're alright. You can get through this. It was nice, but it's time to let go. It's been falling apart for months. If  he wasn't going to do it, you know you were going to. So don't get all sentimental. It's the best for both of you. 

At least I think it is....

I stayed back after school to study. I didn't wanna walk with him back home. I had given up on all efforts to talk to him. By the time I did arrive home though, I didn't know whether or not to text him. We had always done it. Everyday from the start of the year we never missed a day of texting each other. 

Melody: haaaiii
Chanyeol: hello
Melody:how are you
Chanyeol: i am okay.
Chanyeol:How are you?                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Melody: I'm okay.

:(

-Next Day-

He wasn't at the train station that morning. Didn't see him on the train either. Or walking to school. Just as I thought, I didn't see him until I was in class. I didn't talk to him and he didn't talk to me. He did not disappoint my expectations. 

How long is he going to make me wait for? Recess? Lunch? After school? He should've just done it yesterday. What did I do to him to deserve this torture? What did I do to make him want to break up with me.......no, thats not important, stop dwelling on the past, it will just hurt you. What's important now is that nothing you do will change the fact that it's already over. Just be patient....just for a little bit longer... 

I was sitting on the bench with my friends as I usually was. I felt a tap on my shoulder. This was it. 

'We needa talk.'

I nodded. I had thought of this exact moment so many times that it seemed like I already lived it, as if I was just reliving a memory that had already gone.

'I'm sorry. I don't know when it happened, but I just lost all feels for you. I'm sorry.'

Finally.

'Don't be. Is that it?'

'Yeah. Pretty much.'


-Present Day~

-2:35am-

Just a couple more weeks until summer holidays are over. And here I am still crying about what happened. How after a couple of days after breaking up, we became best friends again. How we talked about everything as if nothing ever happened. How you told me you were going to ask another girl out just 2 weeks after breaking up. How you told me you loved me while you two were still dating. How I told you I couldn't do any of this anymore. 

It's the first time I've cried this much since we broke up. After we broke up, I was fine. No tears, just a bit of 'oh that ', but it was all good. It was only until a couple nights later that I really cried. But it's not even 1% of how much I cry now. I guess it's because when I cut off our friendship, that was when I felt like we truely broke up. At first it was okay, but now....it's like a dagger is stuck in my heart and I don't know how to get it out. 

I've been lying on my bed for at least an hour or so, just thinking about us. 

'Us'.

'Us' didn't exist anymore. Even just thinking of the word felt wrong. It made me cringe. 

Finally...my tears have dried.

It's stopped. 

I'm tired now.

I'll go to sleep and escape this.

Maybe I'll dream of being up in the clouds with small angels that play on harps and fly around all day. Or maybe I'll dream of being in a rosey garden where children play and run around.

I don't care cause

Fantasy>Reality.


HAIHAIHAIHAI

I hope I didn't that bad....hopefullyyyyy....

ANYWAYSSS this is my second fanfic I've written EVERRR sooo please leave any suggestions or comments so that I can write better next time~~

I reallyyy wanna know if you guys consider this chapter short or not causee I'm still prettyy unsure about the length and yeahh~

Thank youu for reading ^-^