Dreams

I See You in My Dreams

If being with you is a dream, then I’d rather be asleep forever.

---
“Baby Baekkie!”

Baekhyun’s smile reached up to his ears, recognizing the voice calling out to him.

“Aunt Taeyeon!!!”

Running towards the older lady, Baekhyun left his friends behind to greet his favorite aunt in the world. Kisses we’re exchanged and aunt Taeyeon hugged Baekhyun tightly, seeing him for the first time in 5 years.

A smile painted the lady’s face, hands on Baekhyun’s shoulder, as she admired the face of her favorite nephew.

“I missed you so much, dear. Your uncle Minho had been really busy with his work so we weren’t really able to come home. I hope you’ll forgive me for missing a lot of your birthdays. Happy coming of age my baby.” Taeyeon expressed with a hint of sadness and regret in her voice.

“Oh, Auntie. You don’t have to worry about it. It’s not like you didn’t call me a lot of times. I missed you so much, too!” Baekhyun gave his aunt another warm hug, trying assure her that everything was fine.

Jessica Byun, Baekhyun’s  mother, was Taeyeon’s older sister. Being a busybody that she was, a producer at a music company, she didn’t have that much time to take care of Baekhyun when the latter was still a young boy, so he’d always end up at aunt Taeyeon’s house, listening to her wonderful stories.

Aunt Taeyeon was a beautiful storyteller; a careful chooser of words, she would always  create a very astonishing work of fiction out of the things she saw inside the house, or things they'd see when they took a walk in the park.

He never felt tired of listening to each of her stories; his favorite being Aunt Taeyeon and Uncle Minho’s love story, that one, wasn't fiction though, it was real. Beautiful.

A strong believer of fate and destiny, aunt Taeyeon's way of finding uncle Minho was very unique. It was weird but still, the beauty of their love story had astonished Baekhyun beyond words.

Aunt Taeyeon said that before she met uncle Minho, she would insert three roses under her pillows, every year during her birthday. Then, she’d dream about him, riding on a white horse and sweeping her off her feet. It was a secret she never told anyone, not even Jessica.

She promised herself that the guy in her dreams would be the only man she’d ever love.

It was unbelievable but, yes, that scene actually happened when Aunt Taeyeon went to visit a horse ranch for her college thesis.

She didn’t notice that a horse was running towards her direction in a very fast pace becuase she was too busy taking photos of the ranch, needing each one to be perfect for her portfolio.

Too stunned to run for her life, she just stood there, closed her eyes and waited for the horse to beat her into a pulp; already surrendering to her fate. She yelped when a strong pair of arms snatched her waist and pulled her away from the speeding horse, saving her life from the death god's hands. Next thing she knew, she was aboard a horse, cradled against a warm, toned chest, breathing safely.

Raising her eyes to look at her savior, she almost fell from the horse again. She recognized the way his hair fell into his dark, deep-setted eyes, the way his thick eyebrows scrunched against the heat, and the way his soft-looking beautiful lips was curled into a mischievous smirk. It was her dream guy. She really couldn’t believe it.

Baekhyun would laugh at the absurdity of the idea back then but then Aunt Taeyeon swore on her life that it was legit.

The guy opened his mouth to ask her if she’s okay, and upon hearing his voice, she knew then and there, Minho was the one. She didn’t waste her time, besides she'd waited for years just to meet this man. Wrapping her arms around Minho’s neck, she kissed him then and there, not even bothering to ask if he’s married or if he had a girlfriend. She just knew Minho was for her. And only her.

It was magical. Fate had really brought them together and now, almost 20 years had passed, they were still the same; head over heels in love with each other.

“Hey. So, did you bring your boyfriend here today?” Aunt Taeyeon’s suddenly asked pulling Baekhyun out of his reverie.

“Ugh. I don’t have a boyfriend, Aunt Tae-tae.” Cheeks flushing a bright shade of pink, Baekhyun bowed his head a little lower to hide his embarrassment.

“Oh dear, is it a girlfriend, then?”

“No, no, no. I haven’t been in love yet, Auntie.” A shy smile was plastered in his face.

Taeyeon looked like she’d seen a ghost when she heard Baekhyun's answer. Of course she would find it hard to believe. She was a big fan of love and to think that her favorite nephew, who was beautiful than anything else in this world, and whose bright smile would make the sun feel shy, had never been in love.

“Oh my! Why?” She asked, clasping a hand to .

“It’s just. I just… don’t like somebody for now. And I... I don’t think there’s anyone who likes me auntie.”


“Not like you? How can someone not like you, baby? You are beautiful." Taeyeon raised her left eyebrow, emphasizing on the word as if she heard it wrong. " Hmmm. Why don’t you that secret of mine?” Taeyeon suddenly suggested cheerfully.

Baekhyun wanted to laugh at his aunt’s request but then he reconsidered. He’s got nothing to lose. What are three roses once a year, right? Smiling widely, He said, “Why not? Okay. I’ll try that, auntie.”

“What are you going to try?!” Suddenly, Baekhyun’s sister, Dara, came in and joined their party for two, placing her hands on her brother's shoulders. “Hi Aunt Taeyeon! I see you missed your Baby Baekkie so much you forgot about me, huh?” She pouted, pretending to be upset, but still came to hug her beloved auntie.

“Oh, Dara. You know I love you both.” Taeyeon smile and hugged Dara back.

They were too busy catching up with the recent happenings in their lives when uncle Minho came into the picture, whispered something to Aunt Taeyeon and the next minute, they were too busy twirling around the dance floor, dancing to the rhythm of their favorite song.
 

They both watched in silence as the love birds swayed across the dance floor, minding nothing about the world around them.

"They're still the same." Baekhyun smiled at the scene.

Dara sighed. “Yes, it's so beautiful I can't watch. Happy birthday baby.” She gave Baekhyun a hug and a kiss on the cheek before going inside their house.
----
(4 years later.)

The sound of gravel crunching behind him was enough to make Baekhyun turn his head around from where he was seated. A tall frame was coming towards him. He smiled.

“Hi, Baek.” A Deep voice called out to him.

Baekhyun squinted his eyes, trying to see the figure’s face but the sun was shining too bright behind the boy's head, making Baekhyun only see his silhouette.

Shifting his position so that he was facing the approaching figure, Baekhyun grinned from ear to ear. The feeling of being in love  suddenly engulfed him, like there were birds lifting him up to cloud nine, as the figure drew nearer and nearer.

Brown eyes, short-cropped hair, cute ears poking on each side of his ears, black-rimmed eyeglasses, tall frame, and soft lips, Baekhyun tried his hardest to memorize the face, stuffing all the information inside his pretty head.

“Hi.” He managed to say when the said boy stopped in front of him. His breath hitched when long arms engulfed him in a warm embrace. Am I in heaven?  The peace and the serenity surrounding him was overwhelming; too surreal.

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around the taller’s neck, pulling the latter for a kiss. Finally.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!!!!”

He was jolted awake by a loud scream in his ears.

Luhan.

Groaning, Baekhyun made a mental note to himself; make sure he'd kill his best friend the moment he got out of bed.

Rubbing his eyes to chase away the grogginess, he sat up. Through his blurry vision, he could see Luhan grinning from ear to ear in front of his face.

Reaching under his pillows, he took out the three red roses which were now pressed and wilted, and held them in front of his face.

“ you, Xiao Lu.” Baekhyun cursed, not lifting his gaze away from the sad-looking flower.

“Oh.” Lu Han realized what he just did. Again.
It was always like that during the smaller guy's birthday. He'd dream of that handsome prince, and then Lu Han would barge in to pull him back to reality.

“Haven’t I told you not to come on the morning of my birthday?” Baekhyun’s voice was low and sharp, piercing through Lu Han’s façade.

That kind of Baekhyun was scary, Luhan noted.

Baekhyun turned to fix his deadly gaze on his best friend, making the said boy chuckle nervously.

“Xiao Lu. It was this close." He made a gesture with his thumb and forefinger.  "And… you… decided… to… be… a… …” Baekhyun growled and lunged himself at the poor Chinese boy who was scared out of his wits.

Straddling Lu Han, the younger male tickled the Chinese. Out of breath, Lu Han had the opportunity to run away when Baekhyun’s phone rang.

Bolting out of the brunet’s room, he screamed “Umma Sica, help me! Your son’s going to kill me!”

Baekhyun ran after him, pulling his phone from the bedside table and stuffing it inside his pocket, not minding the incoming call.

---
They sat around the breakfast table, preparing for work. Baek’s parents, Onew and Jessica, was sitting together with them. Luhan went to the refrigerator and pulled out a box, he took out the cake inside it and started singing.

♫ Saengil chukha hamnida, Saengil chukha hamnida, saranghaneun uri Baekhyunnie, Saengil chukha hamnida! ♫

Baekhyun was surprised. This happened every year but he couldn’t seem to get over the feeling of astonishment that the all the people he loved were around him to celebrate this special day. There was one person missing though - No, make that two  - Dara and Baekhyun’s “dreamboy”.

They were laughing and talking about Baekhyun and Luhan’s work at the accounting firm when suddenly Jessica interrupted.

“Oh, did your Dara-noona called you, baby?”

Baekhyun tried to remember any calls; he shook his head, fishing his phone inside his pocket, biting on his lower lips.

He scrolled for missed calls and true enough, there were 5. He kept his phone on silent mode so maybe that was the reason why he didn’t notice the calls. And also, that morning he was too busy running after Luhan to see if somebody called him. “Oh wait, she did.”

“Yes. I see, you didn’t answer it so I’ll just tell you. She’s coming home today.”

Baekhyun almost choked on his food, spitting out some of the rice all over the table because of shock. “She is?!” Suddenly, His face was filled with brightness, shining like the sun.

He missed his sister so much. She was only 2 years older than him but it felt like they were twins. They did things together, and Dara had always been Baekhyun’s heroine.

She was sassy and smart, confident and friendly, and everybody around school wanted to be Dara’s friend.

Baekhyun on the other hand was the plain, nerdy, smart boy who faded into the picture. He would get lost in a sea of people, seeing him as an unnoticeable nerd who only knew math and calculus .
 

They were inseparable when they were in high school. Dara was in senior high, while Baekhyun was in junior high. He skipped a year of school because he was a genius. Yeah.

Baekhyun was brokenhearted when Dara was sent to Paris for a medical scholarship, knowing that he'll have to face University alone.

She had been there for almost three years now, and it made Baekhyun yearn for her presence even more.

“Oh she is. So, you’ll have to go to work by Taxi today.” Onew chuckled, answering Baekhyun's previous question.

The small guy groaned jokingly. “Aww. That’s sad.” He pouted.

Luhan nudged him, “Don’t pout. It looks really gross.”

Baring his teeth, the smaller male grabs his friend’s hair, tugging on it a little bit harshly, “Whatever you er! Go away!!!”

"Aww. That hurts. Umma, help." Luhan called to Jessica in his slightly heavy korean accent, holding Baekhyun's wrist, preventing the small guy from making him go bald.

At the sight of the bickering, everyone around the table burst into feats of laughter.

After the commotion subsided, Baekhyun checked his watch. 7:30am. He needed to be at work earlier. “So, what time is she coming mom? I would’ve wanted to meet her at the airport, but there’s a meeting with the board members today so I just can’t bail out of work.” He sighed.

“That’s okay, baby. I’m sure she wouldn’t like it if you skip work because of her. But she said it might be in the afternoon. 5pm.” Jessica explained.

It was true. Dara hated it when Baekhyun had to sacrifice things for her. Just like when they were still in high school. Dara had a science project which she had to finish by the afternoon of that day, making her cram because of limited time. Her classmates had already turned in their outputs, while Dara, having chosen the most complicated of them all, was stuck inside the laboratory, trying to figure out a way to finish the project.

Baekhyun was informed by one of Dara’s classmates that she was still inside the laboratory when he asked where his sister was because they were supposed to eat their lunch together.

So, he went to the laboratory and helped Dara. He lied that he didn’t have class for the next two periods in the afternoon so he could stay and help his sister.

When Dara discovered that Baekhyun skipped his classes, she threw a fit and didn’t talk to Baekhyun for days.

So just like those days, he didn’t have to bail out of work today because he knew Dara would be sad about it.

“Okay mom. We need to go, now. See you later.” Baekhyun kissed his mother’s cheek. “Dad.” He waved goodbye at the two elders left sitting at the table.

Luhan followed after him,  fixing his hair that Baekhyun ruined. “Auntie, Uncle, thanks for breakfast.” 
---

Baekhyun had 30 minutes left to prepare everything for his meeting with the board members when he arrived at work. He sat inside his office and made last minute revisions on his report.

“Baek, Kris says he needs you in his office.” Luhan voice rang throughout the room, his beautiful face peeking inside Baekhyun’s room.

“Oh, really? What for?” Baekhyun asked back, walking towards the door.

“How would I know? A good morning kiss, maybe?” the Chinese guy answered as he opened the door wider for Baekhyun to step out of the office.

“Eww. You are so gross.” He slapped Luhan’s arms as they walked towards Kris’ office.

Luhan knocked on Kris’ door before poking his head in. “Boss, he’s here.”

Smiling to his best friend, Baekhyun walked inside the office, and saw Kris was sitting on his desk, writing something on a piece of paper.

“So, What did I do to receive this special invitation? Did I save a country?” Baekhyun’s lips curled into a smile, his head tilting to the side a little bit, and eyes crinkling on the corners.

Kris cleared his throat before lifting his gaze to meet Baekhyun’s, staring for a few moments. Then, beaming at the smaller guy, he lifted something from the floor. Kris stood up and gave Baekhyun a big paper bag. “Happy birthday, Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun was touched at the gesture.

“Thank you! You remembered.” Grinning from ear to ear, Baekhyun accepted the gift.

Kris laughed, his deep voice echoing against the walls of his office, "Of course! Why would I forget?"

Baekhyun went to the same High school with Kris, that’s why they were a bit close. 

“I’ll open this later. Can’t let the VIPs wait.” Out of his now playful nature, Baekhyun winked at Kris before turning on his heels and walking out of the office.

Kris just stood there, unmoving; feeling like a spell had just been casted on him because of Baekhyun's cutie wink.

---

Baekhyun spent hours inside the conference room, sitting and listening to the reports of his colleagues. He was fidgeting with his phone and his papers, leaning on the conference table, on a hurry to go home and see his older sister.

When at last the meeting was done, Baekhyun bailed out of the office as fast as he could, forgetting to tell Luhan he was going home first.

When he arrived home, he ran across the wide, green, lawn, quickly pushing their doors open. “Noona!!!” He called out, running towards the living room.

Baekhyun stopped when he saw everyone sitting around the couch; his father’s face buried in his own hands while his mother was sobbing silently, her hands around Dara’s shoulder.

To say that the air around the house was awkward would be an understatement. It was eerily silent and scary as if somebody had died.

Baekhyun cleared his throat to get his family’s attention, scrunching his eyebrows in bewilderment. He walked towards the sofa, positioning himself beside Dara. “What’s happening?” he asked with concern in his voice.
There was a few moments of silence.

Dara sniffed, wrapping her arms around her little brother. “I’m pregnant, Baek.”

Baekhyun gasped, appalled by the sudden confession. How could his careful sister be pregnant without marrying? He tried to be reasonable, things happen for a purpose.

“Well? Isn’t that something to celebrate?” Baekhyun said, trying to lift up the mood inside the house. “We have a new member to the family, then,” enclosing his sister’s petite body with his arms, Baekhyun smiled. “Then I wouldn’t be the youngest. Mom and Dad will stop treating me like a baby”

Dara smiled at him, somehow finding comfort in his words, while their parent’s facial features relaxed a bit.

As usual, he was the cheerleader inside the house.

“Who’s the father?” Baekhyun asked.

“He’s in the kitchen. I asked him to get me a glass of water. Oh I missed you baby!” Dara squealed, hugging Baekhyun again.

The small guy laughed. Of course, he missed his Noona so badly, too.

They were busy embracing each other when a deep voice spoke, “Dara, here’s your water.”

Baekhyun’s heart started to palpitate abnormally. He knew the voice. He’s heard that for some years now, and he couldn’t get it wrong. It was glued inside his head like his favorite song. Swallowing the lump on his throat, Baekhyun lifted his gaze to see where the voice came from.

Long legs, wide chest, red lips, plump cheeks, and dark, brown eyes met his gaze. Baekhyun drew his breath in harshly.

This guy…

This guy is…

“This is Park Chanyeol, Baekkie. He’s going to be my husband, your brother-in-law, and the father of my baby.” Dara introduced the stranger proudly.

Baekhyun’s heart was shattered, the world crumbling under his feet. His lungs failed to supply his much needed Oxygen so he ended up drinking Dara’s glass of water. He bowed to Chanyeol, as a sign of respect for his sister. “My name is Baekhyun.” He introduced himself, unsmiling.

“Oh! So you are the famous Byun Baekhyun! I’m so glad to finally meet you! I’ve heard so much about you from your sister.” Chanyeol said, bowing towards Baekhyun, a wide smile on his lips, and pulled Dara to his side.

The brunet wanted to run away, just go to sleep and dream of this giant again; In his dreams, Chanyeol belonged to him. Not like in that reality where Chanyeol was in front of him but absolutely out of reach.

How unlucky. His fairytale ending was shredded into pieces.

Park Chanyeol.

Dara’s fiancée.

The guy in Baekhyun’s dream.

He excused himself and went to his bedroom. Collapsing into his bed, he tried to pry away the thoughts of Chanyeol inside his head, calming himself in the process.

It was so sad that he got to meet the love of his life but it was impossible for them to be together.

Fighting for Chanyeol was out of the question because the taller male’s going to be a father now. And not just some ordinary father, Chanyeol was going to be the father of Dara's baby.

He closed his eyes and let the all the tears he’d been holding back, fall.

---

Jessica woke Baekhyun up when it was time for dinner, not noticing the way Baekhyun’s eyes were puffy from crying. “C’mon. It’s your birthday. We can’t keep them waiting.” Kissing her son’s forehead, Jessica stood up from the bed and went out of the room.

Baekhyun sighed.

Pulling a pair of black jeans from his closet, Baekhyun changed out of  his office outfit. Then he grabbed a white v-neck shirt and hauled it over his head. He fixed his hair in front of the mirror before making his way out of the room.

“There he is.” Aunt Taeyeon suddenly appeared out of nowhere, stretching her arms out to hug Baekhyun.

“Auntie!” His mood was suddenly lifted up as he hugged his aunt.

“How are you?”

“The usual. I’m very busy with work.” Baekhyun shrugged.


“So, did you find him yet?” Taeyeon asked, pulling him towards the table.

Baekhyun halted his steps. Lowering his gaze to the floor, he pondered whether or not he should tell his aunt about the truth. He knew she’s going to take his side, and he didn’t want that.

Shaking his head, he answered, “Not yet,” lifting his head up and letting his vision linger a little on Chanyeol’s figure on the table.

The taller boy was busy laughing and taking care of Dara, and the sight made Baekhyun eyes, and heart, hurt.

He sat beside his uncle on the table, which was sadly, the seat opposite to Chanyeol’s. The giant caught his eyes and smiled brightly at him. Baekhyun quickly looked away, not wanting any interaction from Chanyeol.

When dinner was done, Aunt Taeyeon and Uncle Minho bid their goodbyes, saying they have a business trip early in the morning.

“Happy birthday, baby. Take care, okay? Here's my gift.“ Taeyeon handed Baekhyun a small paper bag.

“Thank you, Auntie. I will.”

When the two elders left, Baekhyun excused himself and went to get some fresh air from their 2nd floor terrace. During dinner, he would catch Chanyeol smiling at him and he was irritated by it. He hated Chanyeol’s smile because it made him lose focus, making him choke on his food sometimes. But there’s a churning inside his stomach too whenever Chanyeol would grin at Dara.

It felt like he was suffocating when the couple was around him but he couldn’t blame anyone, his pain was self-inflicted. He was the one who took the risk of sleeping with roses under his pillows every year; no one forced him to do that.

Breathing deeply, Baekhyun closed his eyes as he tilted his head back. The cold wind gushing against his ears.

“It’s cold out here.”

Baekhyun choked on his saliva.

He wheezed and Chanyeol came over to pat his back. Swatting the hand away, Baekhyun glared at the boy in front of him.

“I’m sorry.” Chanyeol apologized.  “Are you okay?”

“Do I look, okay?” Baekhyun snapped.
Chanyeol pursed his lips, lowering his gaze to the plants beneath them.

Turning on his heels, Baekhyun was about to walk away from Chanyeol and into the house, but the taller guy grabbed his wrist to stop him.

Baekhyun’s eyes were blazing with anger as he snapped his head towards Chanyeol. How dare he stop me?!

Clearing his throat, Chanyeol spoke, “I’m sorry about your sister.”

“You should be! She lost her scholarship because of you.”

“But, I don’t regret being here, too.”

“I don’t care. Can you just…” Baekhyun yanked his hands away. “I don’t like you.”  Baekhyun, you liar. “I don’t want to have anything to do with you.” His voice was low and serious. 

With that said, Baekhyun went to his room.

---

Baekhyun spent the days after that by trying to dodge Chanyeol inside the house, but his efforts were futile because Dara would always find ways to make them do things together.

He hated it that Dara seemed to be pleased whenever she saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun with each other.

“The baby likes it.” She reasoned out.

One night, around a month after Chanyeol first came into the house, they were all huddled in the living room, watching some romantic chick flicks that bored the hell out of Baekhyun since he preferred Sci-fi and Adventure movies. But for Dara's sake, he just sat there and played with his phone.

Chanyeol, who was sitting beside Dara, was fast asleep. Baekhyun found it cute; the way Chanyeol’s fringes fell into his eyes and his mouth was slightly parted, snoring loudly.

“Aish~ So loud.” Dara complained, turning the volume of the television higher.

Baekhyun chuckled. “Gag him.”

“If only I could. But the baby would hate it.” She replied, gently caressing her stomach. “Hey, I badly want to eat some pizza.”

“Call for delivery.”

“I don’t like delivery. I want you to go buy it.” Dara orders cutely. “Please, baby.” She pleaded Baekhyun, doing the thing called Beautiful eyes.

“I don’t want to, Noona. Wake your husband up.” Baekhyun groans, not lifting his eyes from his phone.

Later, he realized that the suggestion was really bad.

“Oh! Why don’t you go together?” Turning to Chanyeol, Dara patted the giant’s cheek lightly. “Chan-Chan, wake up.”

The endearment made Baekhyun squirm on his seat. It was annoying. “Give me the money. I’ll go on my own.” He surrendered, standing from his seat and hovering over the couple.

“No, you go with Chanyeol. It’ll be faster.”  She said, tickling Chanyeol’s ears.

Chanyeol was jolted awake. Disoriented, he looked up and caught Baekhyun’s eyes.

“Chanyeol, buy me pizza. And soondae too. Please!!!” Dara tugged on Chanyeol’s arms.

Chanyeol smiled at Dara sweetly. Baekhyun wanted to bail out and puke somewhere. Stupid him.

Grabbing the car keys, Chanyeol went to drive Baekhyun to the pizza parlor.

"Are you sure you're awake enough to drive?" Baekhyun asked defiantly.

"Yes, your highness." Chanyeol opened the front passenger’s seat for Baekhyun but being the stubborn guy that he is, Baekhyun went to the back seat.

The drive was long and silent for the most part.

“Which pizza parlor are we going to, Baek?”

Speaking as if we’re close. Tch.

“I don’t know. Why don’t you choose? You’re the one driving.” Baekhyun crossed his arms in his chest, looking at Chanyeol through the rearview mirror, scowling.

“Okay.”

They reached an Italian pizza parlor; Chanyeol said he’ll stay in the car while Baekhyun waited inside. That way, they wouldn’t bicker about unnecessary things.

The food chain was wrapped in glass walls, making it possible for Chanyeol to see Baekhyun from inside the car.

He realized how beautiful Baekhyun looked whenever he smiled. Chanyeol never saw Baekhyun smile at him around the house, so it was kind of sad for him that he’s missing out on things like that.

All of a sudden, a tall guy approached Baekhyun and sat with him in one of the tables. Scrunching his eyebrows, Chanyeol tried to recognize the guy but it was impossible. He was gone for 5 years, and it was impossible for him to know other people but his closest friends. 

He ignored the churning in his stomach when Baekhyun smiled at the stranger, sweetly. What the is wrong with you, Park Chanyeol?  
 

A couple of minutes later, the stranger and Baekhyun made their way out of the food place.

The taller guy held the box of pizza for Baekhyun while the small guy jogged towards the car and knocked on Chanyeol’s window. “I’m going to buy Dara her soondae. Can you drive down there? I’ll walk with my friend.” Baekhyun ordered him and walked away, not even giving Chanyeol a chance to answer.

Annoyed out of his wits, he drove down to where street foods were sold and waited again. Tch. This dwarf. Making me wait again and again.

The stall that Baekhyun chose to buy from was the one in front of Chanyeol’s car.

The small guy was dragging the stranger,  whom Chanyeol estimated to be as tall as him, along the stalls.

Baekhyun was laughing brightly as he fed the said boy. Chanyeol clenched his fingers around the steering wheel tightly, turning his knuckles into white.

Chanyeol didn’t have any rational reason as to why he was irritated by Baekhyun’s smiles and laughter around the other guy but it made him want to squeeze the brunet.

Park Chanyeol, you are so screwed. He told himself.

He let the horns of his car blare again and again, calling Baekhyun's attention, making him do things faster. Chanyeol was about to lose his mind. Baekhyun scowls at him through the windshield and bid his friend goodbye.

“We came here to buy foods, not go on a date.” The giant snapped when Baekhyun had finally stepped inside the car.

---

They were both in a foul mood when they arrived. Baekhyun placed the foods on the living room’s coffee table and bid his sister good night.

Chanyeol did the same, too.

Dara was confused about the behavior of his boys but she didn’t dig deeper into it. She just shrugged and opened the food boxes, enjoying the feast all by herself.

---
The next day, Baekhyun went to work with a throbbing headache. He didn’t have any good sleep at all because the way Park Chanyeol acted around him last night was too weird.

Baekhyun didn’t understand why Chanyeol was upset that he spent a little bit of time with Kris. Is he jealous? He asked himself. In your dreams, Baekhyun.

Sighing, he made his way towards Luhan’s desk and asked the Chinese if they could get lunch together. When the boy said yes, Baekhyun was relieved. He badly needed to let his feelings out because if he didn’t, he might go crazy. Besides, Luhan was a very trustworthy friend, so he could spill everything out.

---
He waited for his friend to finish a small report before they head out to their favorite restaurant. Luhan’s mouth was blabbering non-stop about work stuff and Baekhyun was thankful for it because it distracted him somehow.
 

They positioned themselves on a corner table, sitting face-to-face.


“So, is Dara’s fiancée, gorgeous?” Luhan asked, bobbing his left eyebrows up and down.

Yes.  Baekhyun wanted to scream but he stopped himself. “Well, uhmm… That’s the problem.”  He felt his cheeks grew warm, and he couldn’t make any eye contact with Luhan.

“Oh my god! You like him?!” Luhan sputtered, clasping his hand to his mouth.

“Ya! Listen to me!” The smaller guy begged.

“Okay. Spill.”  Luhan leaned back on his seat, crossing his arms  in front of his chest.

“Well, uhmm.. You know all about dream guy right?"

"Of course, I do."

"Uhh… He’s… He’s…. Chanyeol.” Baekhyun stuttered and groaned as if what he said was something really, really hard. Oh well, it was.

“What?! How did you know it was him?! You’ve only met Park Chanyeol and You don’t know how that dream guy looked like!!!” Recklessly, Luhan spilled the words out of his mouth like they were the only ones inside the restaurant.

Glaring at his friend, Baekhyun wanted to throw the bowl of soup into Luhan’s face so that the older guy would shut up. “I swear to god, I’m going to kill you if you don’t lower your voice, Xiao Lu.”

“I’m sorry. It’s just… Unbelievable.”

“Yeah. I couldn’t believe it either. But I know it’s him, Luhan. I feel it. He was the one who kissed me every year on my birthday’s eve. Even though it’s only in my dreams but I know, I know Luhan. Remember when I told you I’ll recognize him when I see him? Well, this is it.” Baekhyun sighed, cradling his head on his palms.

“So, what are you going to do?”

“Nothing.”

“What do you mean nothing?”  

“Nothing. I’m not going to do anything, Lu. He’s my sister’s fiancé. And they’re having a baby, how could you expect me to snatch him away from his starting family?”

“But you’ve loved him for 4 years now, Baek.  I… Just… I want you to be happy. Oh man, Your love’s ending even before it began.” Luhan pouted sadly.

“Well, maybe that’s how it is. I don’t want to break my sister’s heart, Luhan. You know how much I love her. I’ll try to be happy for them, alright? So, I’ll accept this fate. I don’t care anymore. ”


“Well, You’re a pretty boy, I’m sure there are a lot of guys who’d fall at your feet.”

Yes. They’ll like me, but would I ever get myself to like anyone else, when for how many years I’ve only devoted myself to a dream of a happy ending with Chanyeol?

I don’t know.

---


“I’m home!” Baekhyun called out one afternoon when he came home, but the house seemed to be silent.

Where are the people? He asked himself, walking around the house in search for living things but there was nobody in there. He went to the backyard to check and later realized it was a wrong idea.

“Let me do it, Dara! The baby’s going to be stressed.” Chanyeol called out to the blonde lady trying her hardest to hang the sheets into the clothesline.

“I can do this, oh you handsome giant. You and mom never let me do things around the house. It's so boring.” Dara retorts, winking at Chanyeol who was stuck in his place holding a big basin of wet laundry.

“That’s because you need to rest. C’mon.”  Chanyeol held out his hand to Dara.
 

The scene was perfect.
 

Baekhyun could hear the sound of his heart shattering into a million pieces. How could he be happy like this? He was about to turn and go to his bedroom when his sister saw him in the doorway, eyes bloodshot and teary.

“Baekkie!!! Welcome home.”

Baekhyun only waved his hands as his sister made her way towards him.

Blinking rapidly, Baekhyun stopped his tears from falling.

“Are you okay, Baby?” Dara asked her brother. “Did you cry?”

Frantically, Baekhyun shook his head, “No, no. It was just too hot outside and it made me sleepy so I yawned... Yes... That’s it.” I’m such a bad liar.

“Oh, Okay. Mom and Dad went to Aunt Taeyeon’s but they’ll be back later.” She replied, obviously unconvinced.

“Okay. Let me catch up on sleep. I’ll cook for you when I wake up, alright?” Kissing Dara's forehead, Baekhyun made his way to his room.

---

Baekhyun woke up because there was something heavy resting on his arms, restricting his movement.

Rubbing his eyes with his free hand,  he sees Dara’s face looking at him, her hands wrapped around her little brother’s waist. “Finally, you’re awake.”

“What do you want?” Baekhyun asked, unmoving, knowing that Dara needed something from him, again.

“I need you to do me a favor. Please.”

Baekhyun groaned. He was sure as hell it’s going to be a hard one.

“Please, Baek. Please? Say yes.”

“Tell me first.”

“No. Say yes first.”

“Are you robbing me of the right to decline if I don't do what you want?” Baekhyu raised his left eyebrow, eyes staring blankly at the ceiling.

Dara laughed, “Yes, I am. I'm your noona. So, just say yes first.”

If Baekhyun didn’t love his sister so much, he would’ve said no. But he did, so there was not that much of a choice left for him. "Okay, fine. Yes."
 

"Ohmy god! You life saver!" Dara kissed her brother cheeks, “ Okay so, Chanyeol has this reunion to go to with his friends, in Jeju. But, I don’t want to travel because I’m tired and I get sick in airplanes. So, please be my representative.”She requested.

"What do you mean representative?"

"Well, Chanyeol promised them that he'd introduce me. But, I'm not up for it. So I'm thinking, Chanyeol should bring you and introduce you, instead."

The smaller guy shots up from his bed, all thoughts of sleep no longer inside his head. “No way, are you asking me to asking me to act as Chanyeol’s boyfriend? Noona, are you crazy?!”

Dara lowered her head apologetically, nodding slowly. “It’s just 3 days Baek. The Baby’ll get stressed from the travel. It’s dangerous. “ Suddenly, Dara smiled widely, “Plus, you’ve already said yes.”

“This is so unfair, noona. Why are you doing this to me?”

“I’ll make it up to you, okay? Besides, Chanyeol is handsome, you won’t be embarrassed when you date him.”

Yes, he’s way too handsome for me to handle. "What the hell?! Noona, he's going to be your husband! Why are you asking me to pretend to date him?"

"Baby, I trust you. That's why I'm asking you to do this. And I don't want Chanyeol's friends to be disappointed. I swear, I'll make it up to you."

Groaning, Baekhyun said, “Okay. You owe me, alright? When are we leaving?”

“The day after tomorrow. Weeeeh! I love you.” Dara smooched Baekhyun’s cheeks.
 

Baekhyun made a grossed-out face, "Ew. You weird woman."

Dara's laughter rang around the small room.

---
“Baek, wake up, you’re running late for the flight.” Dara pulled her brother out of the bed, and dragged him with all her might inside the bathroom.

She the shower and sprayed it on a half-asleep Baekhyun. “You can’t run away. I know you didn’t turn your alarm on so you could bail out. Wrong. I won, Byun Baekhyun.” Dara laughed evilly.

Trying his best not to drown, Baekhyun screamed. “Whatever, Noona. Can you go out now? I need to bathe properly.”

“Of course. Hurry up or I’ll burn all of your books.” She threatened her brother.

Baekhyun was scared out of his wits that he really did hurry up. Dara was always true to her words.

When he came out, a set of clothes was already on the bed. “Ah~ She’s more excited than me. That crazy woman.” Baekhyun murmured as he slipped on the garments.

When Baekhyun came down, he saw Chanyeol, dressed in a plain white button up and dark-colored jeans. His hair was swept upwards, showing a pair of large ears. Baekhyun wanted to smile at the cuteness of Chanyeol’s ears but he was too busy trying to control his breathing (because Chanyeol looked oh-so-gorgeous), so he didn’t.
 
Chanyeol turned to look at him, his plain black shirt and white pants was a complete contrast to Chanyeol’s outfit. Dara was laughing on the side because of what she did.

Really, I feel like I’m so much older than my, Noona. ”Let me change my outfit.” Turning on his heels, Baekhyun prepared to run to his room and change but Chanyeol grabbed his arms and pulled him out of the house.

“Too late now. Bye Dara!” The giant mumbled to him and yelled to his girlfriend.

Baekhyun was shoved inside the car with a force that annoyed the hell out of him. “Ouch.”

“You’re so slow, the airplane must be running halfway down the runway by now.”

“Then why didn’t you leave by yourself?”

“Because I was supposed to bring you along, remember?”

“Why can’t you just tell them you’re girlfriend’s pregnant, she can’t ride planes. Why do I have to act for you?”

Chanyeol fell silent.

Baekhyun pursed his lips, feeling like he’d touch a sensitive topic. “Sorry.”

“Whatever.”

Chanyeol speeded to the airport.

Good thing, they made it on time, with Chanyeol towing him a little bit harshly through security checks and other boarding stuff.
 

After a tiring dash around the airport, they finally took their seats inside the plane, Baekhyun taking the side on the window.


It was such a tiring feat, the bickering fights between them; it tired Chanyeol to the bones, more tiring than running around the airport or maybe an hour's worth of Basketball.

He didn’t want to fight with Baekhyun anymore. Hopefully, after this trip things will change.

Chanyeol closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.
---

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Jeju Island International Airport. Local time is 3:30 pm and the temperature is 21.2 degrees Celsius.
 

For your safety and comfort, we ask that you please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought onboard with you and please use caution when opening the overhead bins, as heavy articles may have shifted around during the flight.
 

On behalf of Korean Airlines and the entire crew, I’d like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day!”**

Chanyeol woke up to the sound of the senior stewardess announcing their usual landing spiel.

He turned to his left to see what his supposed to be bogus boyfriend was up to.

Relief flooded through him when he saw that the boy was fast asleep, seatbelt unbuckled. Chanyeol didn’t want to wake the little guy up so he took the initiative to make Baekhyun wear the seatbelt.

Leaning over the brunet, Chanyeol reached over to Baekhyun’s side to grab a hold of the seatbelt, his cheeks and ears brushing against Baekhyun’s lips and nose. It tickled him but he felt giddy so he let himself be drowned in that funny feeling building inside his stomach.

The belt was hard to reach from Chanyeol’s position because the seats were quite wide and Chanyeol was restricted to move freely by his own seatbelt. Due to his struggling, Baekhyun woke up and saw that the giant was all over him.

“You ert, what are you doing?!” he pushed Chanyeol away.

 

Raising both of his hands in surrender, Chanyeol leaned back on his chair. “Hey, hey! I’m just helping you put on your seatbelt because you were asleep.”

Baekhyun puts the belt on himself. “Aish~ You could’ve waken me up. .”

“Whatever.” Chanyeol scowled. "Just go wear that thing. You can't die on me."

"I will never die on you even if that's the last thing I'd do." Baekhyun turned to his side.

Chanyeol scoofed. "Okay."

---

They went straight to the hotel they were staying in the moment they got out of the airport. Chanyeol hailed a taxi and grabbed Baekhyun's suitcase to put it inside the trunk.

"You better be good this weekend or else, i'm going to place you inside this trunk." He joked, chuckling crisply.

Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol towards the trunk, making the giant hit his head on the car's metal frame.

"Aww!" Chanyeol screamed cradling his forehead, eyes squinting in pain.

Surprised at himself for what he did, Baekhyun went to Chanyeol and looked at the taller's forehead. There was a small gash on it. "Oh my god! I'm sorry Chanyeol." He blew on the wound and caressed its surroundings.

"Ahhh~ It hurts so bad!"

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." Baekhyun's hand was around Chanyeol's shoulder; his eyes checking the wound on Chanyeol's forehead.

"You need to kiss it."

Baekhyun pulled away from Chanyeol, "What?! you.", he said, but the giant grabbed him and stole a kiss from his lips.

"There, that's better." Chanyeol chuckled.

"You ert!!!" Baekhyun punched Chanyeol's shoulders weakly.

Suddenly the taxi driver approached them, "Are you okay, sir?"

Chanyeol smiled brightly and wrapped his arms around Baekhyun. "Yes, my boyfriend likes to use violence to show his love for me."

" you!" Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol was too annoyed now that he dipped his head down and kissed Baekhyun again to shut him up. "I love you too baby. Let's go."

The taxi driver laughed, "What a weird couple."

Yes. They are nothing more than just a weird pretend-couple.

---
“We’re here for that reserved room. Uh... Mr. Park.” Chanyeol beamed at the lady in the front desk.

Baekhyun wanted to punch Chanyeol's face for kissing him this morning and also for the giant's annoying way of smiling to other people.

“Here you go sir, 701.”

“C’mon.” Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s suitcase and carried it for him despite the little guy’s objection.

When Chanyeol opened the room, Baekhyun’s jaw dropped; not because of the room’s beauty but because the room only had one bed, which meant he had to share it with Chanyeol. Oh God, do you really like to play with my feelings?

“Why is there only one bed?” He managed to ask.

“Hmm. I don’t know. Maybe they heard me wrong.”

“There’s no way I’m sharing a bed with you Park Chanyeol. Not after you stealing kisses from me you erted .” Baekhyun said, grabbing the keys from Chanyeol. “I’m going to go get us a new one.”

“Hey! You’d have to pay for that.”

“I don’t care.”

"How about... kissing me again? I might reconsider looking for another room."

" you, forever." Baekhyun was out of sight.

"Please do, Baek." Chanyeol called out.

The moment Baekhyun was out of the room, Chanyeol squirmed violently on the bed trying to shake out all of his embarassment. . It's so hard trying to be strong in front of that cutie.

---


Around 30 minutes later, a sullen-looking Byun Baekhyun entered the room.

Chuckling, Chanyeol asked Baekhyun what happened.

“Fully booked. I swear to god I’m going to make Dara-noona pay for this!” Baekhyun went straight inside the bathroom.

Chanyeol clicked his tongue. Stubborn beauty.

He heard Baekhyun's muffled screaming from inside the bathroom. Chanyeol chuckled again. This is going to be fun.

“Hurry up, Baek. We’re meeting the guys in an hour.”

---

They made their way to the hotel’s seaside restaurant, distancing themselves from each other as they walked along the seashore.

Baekhyun admired the view of the sunset from the sea's horizon, constantly swinging his arms back and forth as if there was nobody beside him. The sun was an intense shade of orange decorated by hints of  purple around the edge. 

They were near the restaurant and Baekhyun could hear the faint sound of laughter and  utensils clanking against each other. He was surprised when suddenly Chanyeol grabbed his waist and pulled him closer before whispering in his ears, "Let the games begin."

Baekhyun wasn't sure whether it was the proximity of Chanyeol's face or the fast beating of his heart but he sure felt disoriented that he leaned towards the giant's body, holding on to Chanyeol's shirt..

The crowd inside the restaurant was fairly normal. It wasn't jam packed but it wasn't cozy either. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun towards a group of good-looking guys sitting on the corner of the room.

"He- He- Hey! Look who we've got here. Fashionably late as always, Park Chanyeol." A short guy, around Baekhyun's height, wearing black-rimmed spectacles greeted them, hugging Chanyeol in a brotherly way and bowing to baekhyun formally.

He looked so much like a chaebol that Baekhyun felt so small around him despite the fact that their body build was almost the same.

"Ah yes. Joonmyeon-hyung. Still as handsome as ever." Chanyeol laughed and the way his voice sounded made Baekhyun's heart flutter.

Seriously, it was the most beautiful melody on earth.
 
They settled down. Chanyeol cleared his throat to get they boys' attention, there were 6 boys in total, excluding the two of them.

"It's good to see us all gather around here, and I Uhh... I'd like to formally introduce you to my..." Chanyeol turned to look at Baekhyun sitting beside him. Hooting and cooing ensued around the table, causing some people to look at their group.

"Boyfriend. Byun Baekhyun." The way Chanyeol said the word felt so real that Baekhyun wanted to believe it.

"Quite a catch you got there." A tanned young man named, Kim Jongin, commented, earning a glare from his boyfriend, Kyungsoo.

"Of course. I have good taste." Chanyeol looked him in the eye, "Really good taste."

Baekhyun's heart did a somersault and a couple of backflips, as he held Chanyeol gaze.

A cute guy, with chubby cheeks, sitting beside Chanyeol clapped his hands happily, "Oh, it's good to see Chanyeol so inlove."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

Oh, he is in love. But not with me. It's just that I resemble my sister so much that it isn't hard for him to imagine me as Dara. Baekhyun convinced himself.

The group was happily chatting about their lives and it felt good because they always include Baekhyun in the conversation so he won't feel lonely.

After they had their dessert, Jongin suggested they go to the bar and dance the night away. Baekhyun thought it was a bad idea because he couldn't handle alcohol well.

Mustering all of his courage, he leaned in to whisper into Chanyeol's ears. "I don't think we should go."

Chanyeol's face contorted in confusion, "Why not?"

"I don't drink well."

Baekhyun didn't know whether Chanyeol was just acting up when he caressed the smaller guy's nape, "You have me. Don't worry."

Their faces were so close to each other so when Chanyeol's best friend, Jongdae, pushed Chanyeol forward, his lips touched Baekhyun's.

3rd kiss in one day. Hell.

Laughter filled their table.

"Chanyeol, you naughty guy." Kyungsoo said, his crinkling in an eye smile.

Baekhyun knew he looked as red as a tomato, but Chanyeol was composed. He just laughed with everyone. "You know, I just can't stop myself when I'm with him. I just want to kiss him every moment of the day."

To say that Baekhyun was baffled would be an understatement. He was so much more than that. So much that he couldn't find the words to describe his feelings.

To add up to that, Chanyeol interlaced their fingers together and led him out of the restaurant and into the bar on the end of the shore. As they walked, Chanyeol swayed their hands back and forth. It felt so good.

If only this was real.

Once they were inside the bar, Chanyeol pulled out a stool and made Baekhyun sit in it. Everybody was in high spirits and Baekhyun just couldn't say no when Jongdae offered him a shot of vodka.

He turned to Chanyeol with a questioning look on his face. When the giant nodded his head in approval, Baekhyun downed the shot, his face scrunching as the alcohol made a hot trail on his throat.

"You can get as drunk as you want. Don't worry. I wouldn't do anything to you." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun didn't know whether or not he sould be happy about it.

Of course he wouldn't want anything to do with you, Baekhyun. You're not Dara. Those kisses were done to annoy you.  Baekhyun's thoughts made him down a lot more shots than he should.

In no time, he was drunk and disoriented and out of control. He stood up and went to the dance floor, pulling Chanyeol with him. He wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's neck and stared at the giant with half-lidded eyes, grinding his hips into a y dance, laughing maniacally like there's no tomorrow.  

The party got hotter and Baekhyun was too drunk and too hot that he opened all the buttons of his white button up polo. His arms around Chanyeol's neck went tighter. He gave the giant a peck on the lips, not really knowing what he's doing, as if he was tasting him.

"Oh~ You taste so good, Chanyeol." He moaned before owning Chanyeol's lips again.

Staggering out of the club, Baekhyun towed Chanyeol into their hotel room. The taller guy was a lot more sober than Baekhyun but he couldn't fight his emotions well. Every kiss the brunet gave him was very intoxicating that he felt drunk.

The moment they entered the room, Baekhyun attacked the giant with a kiss that made them lose both their senses. Their tongues dancing to the rhythms of their moans and pants.

Baekhyun knocked Chanyeol's back on the door, his hands roaming around the giant's body shamelessly.

Wanting some more action, Chanyeol carried  Baekhyun to the matress, the smaller guy's legs encircling the giant's waist, their lips not leaving each other.

Baekhyun's back touched the bed and together they fall into a bliss of unexpected but beautiful and serene love making. 

---

Chanyeol woke up with the sun on his face. He opened his eyes. Instead of seeing the hotel walls and ceilings, he saw a mess of brown hair tickling his nose. A body was lying on top of him.

A flood of memories rushed through Chanyeol's head and he realized what just happened but instead of panicking, he felt at peace.

He ran his long fingers through the mop of brown hair infront of him, not bothering to get up.

Baekhyun's hair smelled of Strawberry shampoo and Chanyeol found it really intoxicating, so much more intoxicating than the shots he had last night, but of course, not as intoxicating as Baekhyun's lips.

All of a sudden, the small guy shot up and sat upward, revealing his milky-white torso. Eyes still closed, Baekhyun scratched a non-existent itch on his forearm.

"My throat is burning. Noona, water please."

Chanyeol realized that the smaller guy was still half-asleep but he handed him a bottle of water.

After Baekhyun downed all the contents of the small water bottle, he slowly opened his eyes. His face slowly changed from sleepy to alert. Looking at his own body, Baekhyun screamed, his voice echoing around the whole room.

He lifted the sheets up to his chest, uncovering everything but his body. Good thing, Chanyeol was already in his boxer's shorts.

"Ya! What did you do?!" Baekhyun asked, frantically.

With a calm composure, Chanyeol replied, "Hmm. Let's see. You were the one who attacked me first last night."

"You were more sober than me! How could you take advantage?!" Baekhyun was already teary-eyed and it broke Chanyeol's heart to see the little guy in pain.

He moved over to the Baekhyun's side of the bed and patted his back, then took the little guy's body into an embrace.

"I'm sorry. It was just... I was a little drunk too... And uhh... I don't know... It just happened..." but if i'd have the chance to do it again, I will.

Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol away and started smacking the taller guy's chest.

"You idiot! What will Dara-Noona feel about this?! You stupid guy! You are supposed to be marrying my sister! What the hell were you thinking?! You are so stupid! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!" He was already sobbing and Chanyeol let him release all of his frustrations into his chest.

When Baekhyun was tired of punching Chanyeol, he leaned on the giant's shoulder and sobbed.

"I'm a very bad brother. How could I do this to my sister? I don't deserve to live, Chanyeol." he said in between sobs.

Chanyeol embraced Baekhyun tighter, "Shh.. That's not true... Uh.. Don't worry. I'll explain everything to her." I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

Baekhyun got up and changed before pulling out his suitcase and stuffing his belongings inside the bag.

"Baek, where are you going?"

"I don't want to do this anymore, Chanyeol." Everything went as fast as lightning, in a matter of seconds, Baekhyun was pulling his suitcase out the door. Not even giving Chanyeol a chance to wear his own clothes.

Running after Baekhyun, Chanyeol was out in the hallway with nothing but his boxer's shorts on. He ran towards the brunet and hugged his waist from behind.

"Baekhyun... Please.. Just... Don't leave... yet."

"For what? So you could show me off to your friends?! I'm not your boyfriend, Chanyeol. Get off me!" Pushing the giant away, Baekhyun continued walking.

But Chanyeol wouldn't have any of it. He grabbed Baekhyun, twirling the little guy around to face him, and kissed him hard.

Baekhyun wanted to slap himself for wanting this kiss, for not having the power to push Chanyeol away. Karma is a , Baekhyun. Remember that.

Chanyeol rested his forehead against Baekhyun's. "I will take care of everything. Just... Stay... Please."

Baekhyun didn't know if he should play around fire like that but in the end, he said okay, letting Chanyeol pull his suitcase into the room again, their fingers interlaced together.

---

In the afternoon, Jongin called Chanyeol out for some seaside barbecue.

Everyone was there, Joonmyeon and Xiumin were playing in the water. Lay, Jongin and Chanyeol were busy with the barbecue. Jongdae was out with his boyfriend, Neo, walking along the seashore, picking up unique-looking shells.

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun sat side by side on the sand. Everyone was laughing and teasing each other around. Baekhyun couldn't help but look at Chanyeol from time to time. When the giant caught his gaze, he would smile widely, causing Baekhyun to blush.

"I've never seen Chanyeol like this." Kyungsoo said.

"What do you mean?"

"So in love, so... Blissful. You know, Baek, ever since his girlfriend died in a car accident 5 years ago, Chanyeol shut himself out to the world, moving to Paris to pursue his studies there."

Baekhyun was astonished by the revelation. So Chanyeol had a girlfriend.

"The way he looks at you now, is the same, if not much more, as the way he looked at Yejin before. I hope you won't break his heart, Baek." Kyungsoo smiled at him.

If he was mine, I would never do that.

"I'll try my best, Kyung."

"So, what are you two lovely creatures doing, whispering to each other?" Chanyeol appeared on Baekhyun's side suddenly.

"You're not included in the story so go away." Baekhyun joked.

"I'll leave you guys here since my poor boyfriend seem to be burning himself down there." Kyungsoo excused himself, leaving Chanyeol and Baekhyun behind, sitting on the sand.

"Are you having fun?"

Baekhyun blushed, "Yes. Your friends are funny."

"That's good. Do you want to go for a swim?"

"Uhhh... I don't think so. I hate the sun." Baekhyun chuckled.

"Oh cmon! I want to swim, Babe." Chanyeol blurted and took Baekhyun's hand, dragging the small body towards the sea..

"Chanyeol, I don't want to be in there." Baekhyun prostested, trying his best to yank his hand away from Chanyeol's grip.

"Oh, c'mon Baek!"

Baekhyun squealed when he was pushed into the water, Chanyeol following after him.

They were splashing water at each other when suddenly a huge wave appeared, making Baekhyun lose his balance and fall on top of Chanyeol.

They were both laughing, Chanyeol's arms around Baekhyun's waist. He leaned down to give Baekhyun a peck on the lips, still chuckling.

"You're so beautiful." Chanyeol said before kissing Baekhyun fully.

You drown me in all of these emotions I'm not allowed to feel. Park Chanyeol, you make me lose my mind. You bad guy.

---

When evening came, the group ate their dinner together. Baekhyun felt like he was too in love and his hands were the perfect fit for Chanyeol's big ones.

"Chanyeol, everybody's flight is tonight. How about yours?" Joonmyeon asked.

"We're off tomorrow morning." Chanyeol smiled.

"Ohhh~ So you're spending more time alone, huh?" Jongdae teased, nuzzling his head against Neo's neck.

"Of course. That's what love does to you, man." Chanyeol replied, mimicking Jongdae's action to Baekhyun's neck.

I don't care if this is all pretend. I'm in love with this man. Baekhyun's heart spoke.

---

The night was over and everybody was out of the restaurant in no time, taking their suitcases from their hotel rooms.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were walking down the shore under the moonlight, hand-in-hand, not caring about anything in the world.

They found a peaceful setting under the stars, on the seashore, Baekhyun's face lit by the moonlight.

"Baek?"

"Hmm?"

"Did you have fun?"

Baekhyun chuckled. "I did."

"That's good."

"Hmm."

Their was silence in the air.

Chanyeol laid on his back, pulling Baekhyun along with him and made the smaller guy rest his head on Chanyeol's arms.

"The stars look great this way." Chanyeol pointed at the stars up above. Everything's great when we're this way. He named all the constellations he could, explaining why they were called that way.

Baekhyun listened attentively, chuckling whenever Chanyeol would get an explanation wrong but didn't correct the giant. It was too cute.

But something inside Baekhyun was stirring. He couldn't run away from the fact that Dara was waiting back home for her husband-to-be.

He lifted his eyes to look at Chanyeol and ask him why they were still pretending when there's nobody around. Instead of meeting Chanyeol's eyes, Baekhyun was met by Chanyeol's lips on him.

Here we go again. Drowning in all of these illegal emotions.

Despite the protest of his heart, Baekhyun just let himself be, promising that it'll be the last time. When they go back to Seoul tomorrow, Baekhyun will have to face reality again and that reality involved no Chanyeol.

The taller male pulled them to their room and everything that happened last night happened again. Their limbs tangle each other in a soul-stirring love dance over the bed.

Call him whatever you want. He just want to spend his last moments with Chanyeol like this, freely.

---

The morning after, Baekhyun and Chanyeol boarded the plane back to Seoul.

Chanyeol tried to initiate skin ship with Baekhyun, but the smaller guy didn't seem to be as responsive as he was back in the island. The thought haunted Chanyeol but he didn't pry Baekhyun any more.

They just sat in silence throughout the trip.

---

"Baby Baekkie!" Dara ran towards her little brother and hugged him tight. "So, did you have fun?" She was too excited.

Sensing the silence between her fiancee nd her brother, she asked, squinting her eyes jokingly, "Did you two do something you weren't supposed to?"

Baekhyun felt too guilty that he he wasn't able to speak. Excusing himself from Dara, he let Chanyeol handle the confrontation all by himself.

From his bedroom, Baekhyun heard Dara laugh and he wondered why. Did Chanyeol lie?

He should be happy Dara's heart wasn't broken, but he couldn't. The pain in his heart from lying to Dara was too bad.

---

The same evening, Dara went to Baekhyun's room and called him out.

"We're going to aunt Taeyeon's. It's their anniversary. Did you forget?" Dara asked.

"Of course i didn't. I bought her a present from Jeju." Smiling, Baekhyun pulled out a small box wrapped in fancy paper and showed it to Dara.

"Cool. I wonder what's inside."

"Take a guess."

"Hmm... Something with a rose? Is it a bracelet?"

"You'll see. Now go out because I have to get dressed."

"No way. I'm your noona. I've seen everything." 

"Whatever, Noona." Baekhyun shrugged of his shirt and tossed it on Dara's face.

Laughter filled the room. Dara went up and bit Baekhyun's shoulder.

"Awww! That hurts!" Baekhyun rubbed the part where Dara's teeth left their marks.

Dara was silent. Shock was painted in her face. "Baekhyun. Is this... What I think it is?" She was pointing at something on his shoulder.

Baekhyun craned his neck to see what it was, to his horror, it was a love mark from their intense love-making last night.

Baekhyun was fast to react, he needed to lie. "No! What are you thinking? You ert."

Dara hit his head. "Did you screw one of my boyfriend's friend?"

No. I screwed your boyfriend, actually.

"What the hell. Noona. I'm old enough to marry. What's up with all the asking?" Baekhyun tried to stir away from the topic.

"Hmmm... He better be good. We don't want you to get hurt now, don't we?"

I'm already hurt as I can get.

"So, are you introducing him to the family soon?"

"No."

"Why not?"

Because,  the family knows him and you know him fully well too.

"I don't want too. I don't like him that much." You liar.

"Eeeeyy~ Since when did you become so promiscuous?" Dara commented, laughter not leaving her voice. She tickled Baekhyun's side.

"Shut up, Noona. Let's go." Baekhyun pulled Dara out of the room, a little bit relieved that he stirred away from trouble.

---

Aunt Taeyeon's house was situated on the countryside so they had to drive for almost an hour, dodging traffic, and making it out of congested intersections, just to get there.

He sat between his mom and Dad in the backseat while Dara sat in front with Chanyeol driving the car.

He stole glances at the rearview mirror only to catch Chanyeol looking at him too. Feeling guilty and awkward, he decided to lean his head on his mother's shoulders, wore his headphones, and ignored Chanyeol all throughout the drive.

When they arrived, Aunt Taeyeon gave them a welcoming hug while uncle Minho was busy giving out orders to the staff around the party.

"Baby Baek." Of course, Aunt taeyeon enveloped him in a warm hug. "Why do you look solemn?"

"I'm just tired, Auntie. Just got home from Jeju. Here I got you something." Baekhyun handed his gift to aunt Taeyeon, trying his best to smile brightly, but failing to do so.

"So i've heard. Thank you for this." Taeyeon smiled back at him. "Hmm... I want to ask you something." Her voice was serious. "But maybe, later. I need to help your uncle Minho. Try to enjoy alright?"

"Okay, auntie." Baekhyun kissed her cheek and settled on the sofa.

A little later down the party, everybody was dancing and laughing. Baekhyun felt suffocated but he didn't want to leave. Taeyeon will be disappointed and he wouldn't want that.

His eyes scanned the room and fell towards the dance floor. To his luck, which wasn't that good, he saw Dara and Chanyeol dancing sweetly. He saw Chanyeol lean to whisper something into Dara's ear, and Dara laughed. They look so good together.

They are perfect for each other, Baekhyun. You don't have any right to ruin their beautiful picture.

He was on the verge of crying when aunt Taeyeon's hand landed on his shoulder.

"Now, Let's talk."

He was pulled into the corner of the room, where it was a little bit dark.

"Tell me. You've seen him, didn't you?"

Baekhyun lowered his head, tears now falling from his eyes.

"It's Chanyeol, isn't it?"

The boy sobbed and nodded his head. He let his head fall on Aunt Taeyeon's shoulders. Unspeaking, Baekhyun just let the warmth of Aunt Taeyeon's embrace comfort him.

"Oh, you poor baby. I shouldn't have taught you that. I didn't realize it could work like this."

"No. It's not your fault auntie."

"I'm sorry, Baek."

They sat in silence for a long while until a tall figure hovers above them. It was Chanyeol, smiling from ear to ear. "Auntie, may I dance with your Baby?"

Taeyeon gripped Baekhyun's hand tightly.

"I don't think that'll be nice Chanyeol."

Chanyeol was flabbergasted. He stood there awkwardly, still waiting for Baekhyun.

"It's okay, aunt Taeyeon." Kissing his aunt's cheek, Baekhyun silently followed Chanyeol into the dance floor.

He didn't want to make a scene because He was quite sure that Taeyeon will reprimand Chanyeol for what the boy was doing, now that she knew the truth.

Chanyeol slowly encircled Baekhyun's waist with his long arms, dragging him to the corner of the room, far from the eyes of the party.

"What do you want, Chanyeol?"

"I just want to dance."

"Did Dara ask you to dance with me?"

"No."

"Then why?"

"Because I want to."

Baekhyun stopped swaying with Chanyeol, glaring his eyes at the giant.

"I don't know what  you want Chanyeol but please... Stop playing like this."

Chanyeol stopped too. "I am not playing."

"Then what the is the meaning of this?!" Baekhyun snapped.

"Baek, just... Give me time... I'll explain everything. Just stay by my side."

Baekhyun's mouth was agape, "Are you by any chance asking me to have an affair with you?"

"Baek, it's just for a..." Baekhyun's palm hit Chanyeol's face. Good thing the music was blaring bit too loud and no one seemed to notice their drama.

"Park Chanyeol, you."

That was it and Baekhyun bolted out of the house.

The wind was cold and Baekhyun forgot to bring his jacket with him. He followed the muddy trail towards the highway, tears flowing out of his eyes.

He hailed a cab but most of them were hired. He didn't want Chanyeol to catch up to him.

In your dreams, Baekhyun. Did you really think he'd follow after you?! For what?! Stupid.

All of a sudden, a black car stopped infront of him, the passenger's seat window rolled down.

"Baekhyun."

"Kris?" he wiped the tears from his eyes and he was sure his eyeliners were smudged already. "What are you doing here?"

"I came from my grandparent's house. Where are you going?"

"Home."

"Hop in, i'll drop you. I need to pass by your village, too. To avoid traffic." Kris smiled, opening the door for Baekhyun.

Once inside, Kris couldn't stop the urge and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yes. Uhh... Just got something in my eyes."

"Where've you been?"

"Uhhh. It's my aunt's wedding anniversary. I don't like the atmosphere so I bailed out." He chuckled.

What a good actor.

They were driving around the city and they passed by some bars. "Hey, Kris?"

"Yes?"

"Would you like to grab some drinks?"

"Are you... Are you sure?" Kris looked at him, confused.

"Yes."

"Okay."

They went inside a high-class bar, owned by Kris' friend, Tao, where they were welcomed warmly.

Shot after shot, Glass after glass, Baekhyun drank to his heart's desire. Hoping to let his emotions be carried away by the current of alcohol inside his body.

He was as disoriented as he was that time on Jeju island.

When Kris drove him home, he fell asleep on the car.

"Baek, wake up. We're here." Kris nudged Baekhyun before going out of the car to open the door for the brunet.

Staggering, Baekhyun went out of the car, wrapping his arms around Kris' neck for balance.

Despite his drunk state, Baekhyun was surprised when Kris pulled his waist closer and tried to kiss him.

The smaller guy looked away to avoid Kris' lips. "I'm sorry Kris... I... Just."

Kris smiled, "Of course. How can you kiss someone on the first date? I'm sorry, Baek." Letting the brunette go, Kris went inside his car again. "I'll see you at work. Take care."

"Thank you, Kris."

---

Baekhyun rested his head on the gate as he fished the keys from his pocket. He almost fell forward when it suddenly opened, good thing someone caught him.

"Where have you been?" A deep voice roared.

"Why do you care?" Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol away and walked towards the house. Halfway through the green lawn, his arms were grabbed by a strong hand.

"Of course I care."

Baekhyun laughed sarcastically. "You are crazy, Park Chanyeol."

The giant shifted his hold and went to grip Baekhyun's shoulders tightly. "Yes. I am crazy because of you! You give me all these feelings I'm not supposed to have."

With half-lidded eyes, Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol's face, "I'm the one supposed to be saying that."

He was crushed in a tight hug. "Stay with me Baekhyun. I love you so much."

"Shut up! Park Chanyeol, isn't my sister enough?" He struggled out of the giant's hold, "Why do you have to play with---" What Baekhyun wanted to say was cut off by Chanyeol's lips on his.

There was no point in fighting his feelings anymore so he let himself be kissed by Chanyeol. He didn't care about what the world thinks about him, all he wanted was Chanyeol, and right that moment, Chanyeol was his. Chanyeol belonged to him and he belonged to Chanyeol. 

They were both too lost in their senses when suddenly a broken glass shattered their moment. Both their eyes shot to the door where they saw Dara standing, a broken glass on her feet. Her hand clutching her stomach and blood was trailing down her legs.

"Chan... Yeol.." she managed to utter before falling down.

"Dara!!! Noona!!!" They shouted at the same time, running towards Dara.

---

"I'm sorry. We did our best but we couldn't save the baby. It was too late." The doctor apologized. Jessica gasped and held on to Onew for her dear life.

Baekhyun on the other hand, sobbed silently into his palms, blaming himself for what happened. It was his fault that his noona lost her baby. It was his fault that his noona was suffering inside the ICU. Everything was wrong and it's his fault.

"We're transferring her to a regular room in 3 hours. Let's be glad she's safe now." The doctor added before leaving them.

"Why did this happen?" Jessica asked her husband, tears streaming down her porcelain-skinned face as she leaned her head against Onew's shoulder.

Chanyeol was inside the ICU looking after Dara so Baekhyun was left outside with their parents.

"Mom, It's my fault."

Jessica and Onew turned their heads towards Baekhyun at the same time. "What do you mean?"

"Dara-noona... She... She saw me... She saw me kissing Chanyeol."

"How dare you?!" Jessica moved towards Baekhyun and slapped his face. He didn't dare to dodge the attack because he knew he deserved that and more, "and you show yourself here?! Baekhyun... I didn't raise you to be like this. You insolent, child!!! You killed your own nephew!!! Go away!!! Go!!!" His mother pushed him away harshly.

Onew didn't do something about it because he also seemed to be glued to his place because of the revelation.

"Baekhyun!" Chanyeol came out of the ICU.

A slap welcomed the giant outside. "You, too! You bad guy! How can you do this to my daughter?!"

"Auntie. I'm sorry. But it'll be better if Dara will explain everything tomorrow."

"I don't want to see your face anymore Park Chanyeol." Jessica pulled Onew away and went inside the ICU.

Baekhyun was nowhere in sight. Chanyeol panicked. He needed to find Baekhyun, He needed to explain.

---

A few hours of walking around Seoul's busy streets didn't help Baekhyun. He was still miserable as hell for what he did. He remembered Dara's face when she looked at them, shock and disgust was written all over it.

I don't even deserve to be loved. He said to himself.

He couldn't even get himself to call Luhan because he was too guilty to bring anyone to his side. He just didn't deserve anyone to take pity on him.

Chanyeol. Chanyeol was a good dream while it lasted. Now, this was reality and Baekhyun had to face it, without anyone beside him.

He loved Chanyeol so much even before they'd even met but fate, just had different plans. It left Baekhyun hopeful and wanting a happily ever after with the man in his dreams. Fate had let Baekhyun wish for Chanyeol every single day but when he came to Baekhyun, he just had to be Dara's fiancee. How lucky.

Baekhyun knew he couldn't walk farther anymore and so he let his feet take him back to the hospital. He will apologize to Dara and move somewhere far.

Running away again, Baek?

It was the only choice so he wouldn't see Chanyeol anymore - to cut off all his connections with him. He's going to run away until he learns to stop thinking about Chanyeol every moment of the day.

Maybe he'd just go abroad and work there. Ask kris about that grant he offered Baekhyun before. Maybe after a couple of years, he'd be able to face Dara being happily married to Chanyeol.

Luckily, when Baekhyun arrived in the hospital, Jessica and Onew went home. Chanyeol was silently sleeping on the sofa.

It must've been hard on you. I'm sorry for dragging you into this. I love you, Chanyeol but we're not meant to be. No matter how hard I try to make my dreams real, being with you is just... A fantasy. It will always only be a fantasy. I wish I didn't have to stop dreaming about you, so I don't have to face this kind og reality.

Baekhyun apologized to the sleeping figure in the sofa. He was dead tired from all the walking but his tears just won't stop from falling.

He pulled a chair and placed it beside Dara's bed. Taking her small hands into his own, Baekhyun wept silently.

He must've slept from fatigue because it was already light when he opened his eyes again, Dara caressing his hair. A blanket was also wrapped on his shoulders.

The moment he met Dara's eyes, his tears started welling again. "Noona, I'm sorry."

Dara's own tears fell but instead of slapping Baekhyun or hurting him in anyway possible, she smiled. "No, Baekhyun. I'm sorry," she lifted Baekhyun's face.

"I lied to you. Chanyeol isn't my fiancee. He was my colleague. A very, very close friend. You see, I fell in love with a doctor in the hospital where I was an intern. His name was Jiyoung. I didn't know he was married back then so I gave myself to him. Then, his wife learned about me and attacked me at the hospital. I was forced to go back home to avoid these scandals. Chanyeol, being the good friend that he was, agreed to stay with me here until I sort things out. I knew mom and dad would be disappointed, so we decided to act and play pretend." She paused and sobbed.

"As for Chanyeol, I think he liked you from my stories back then. I guess that's one of the reasons he agreed to stay with me. He fell in love with you more everyday, and much more after your trip. He told me about what happened back there. He was happy, Baek. Very, very, happy. And you don't know how happy I am to see you together."

"Last night, I wasn't stressed out because of you guys. In fact, I would have congratulated you. I was stressed because Jiyoung's wife called. She said he was on his way to meet me here after he signed their divorce papers. But, the plane he was on, crashed. I just couldn't take it. I knew Chanyeol was outside waiting for you so I called for him. But that was last night. I learned from Chaerin a while ago that Jiyoung survived and he's in a hospital here in Seoul."

"I'm sorry, Baby." She embraced Baekhyun who was too dumfounded to speak.

Jessica and Onew came in, knowing the truth already. The mother felt sorry for hurting her baby so she went and embraced Baekhyun tight. Everyone was reconciled but Baekhyun felt somebody's missing.

"Where's Chanyeol?"

There was nothing but silence, as all of them looked at Baekhyun.

"Didn't he tell you?! That dumb giant. He's flying to Paris today! Go run after him, Baby. Oh my god. Why didn't he tell you?!" Dara was panicking.

Baekhyun didn't even bother to reply. He just rushed off of the room as fast as he could.

"I didn't know Chanyeol was leaving too soon?" Onew asked Dara.

"Oh he isn't." Came her sly reply.

---

Baekhyun was having a hard time catching his breath when he reached downstairs. How could Chanyeol leave without telling him?!

He craned his neck higher and ran outside the hospital door when he saw a tall man, with rumpled hair, wearing a black hoodie, walking down the street.

Chanyeol.

He ran after the man but there were a lot of passersby and he got lost in the sea of people.

"Chanyeol." He whispered.

"Chan."

"Chanyeol!"

"Chanyeol!" His scream got louder and louder as he ran.

"Park Chanyeol!"

He saw the figure going inside a coffee shop.

Busting the doors open, Baekhyun screamed, "Park Chanyeol!!!"

Everyone eyes inside the cafe turned their heads at him. Baekhyun, on the other hand, had his eyes fixed on Chanyeol who was already waiting in line.

The business of the cafe paused as everyone watched Baekhyun run to Chanyeol and let his small body collide with Chanyeol in a heart warming embrace; Baekhyun's arms wrapped around Chanyeol's neck.

"How dare you leave without telling me?! Now that I know the truth you're leaving me?! You stupid ! How will I be able to live without you?" Baekhyun ranted, tears falling from his eye non-stop.

Chanyeol was dumbfounded.

"I will never let you go Chanyeol! Not even if you tell me, too. You idiot! I love you so much!"

"He- Hey! I was just going to buy you coffee." Chanyeol laughed.

"Huh? But Dara said, you... She said you're flying over to... Paris."

Chanyeol laughed. "I'm not leaving you even if you ask me to, too, Byun Baekhyun.. I love you." He leaned and kissed Baekhyun with all his might.

The crowd cheered for them and even made way for them to get their coffee.