Bonus chapter

A New Beginning

Junmyeon’s eyes are trained to the screen of his flat TV, fingers dancing across the controller, eyebrows furrowed in concentration, eyes fiery with the determination to eliminate all the enemies in the game. Sehun, on the other hand, slouched over the couch and his fingers ghosting across his touch screen phone; chatting with Luhan. It’s a rare weekend for the two heirs so both of them spend the weekend releasing their inner child. Junmyeon’s attention will be undivided by anything else while Sehun will laze around.

But today, the younger of the two would occasionally glance at Junmyeon curiously.

It’s been months after the day Junmyeon lied to him for the first time and he still can’t put the matter down; although Sehun never found the courage to confront his hyung. Sehun looks at his hyung’s abandoned phone that’s been occasionally vibrated for the past three hours but Junmyeon remained stoic; not even bothering to glance at the phone.

“Hyung, can I borrow your phone?” Sehun asked carefully.
“Sure, whatever,” Junmyeon allows Sehun dismissvely.

Sehun closed the pop-up notification of Junmyeon’s Ka-Talk, not wanting to meddle with his hyung’s privacy and begin to open the photo gallery (mostly consists of pictures of Junmyeon’s puppy), then his contact list (he found a contact under the name ‘Wu Yifan’), then his Ka-Talk. Sehun stopped at his track, contemplating whether to poke his nose into the elder’s privacy or not.,

A second later, the phone vibrated and the notification said you have 15 unread messages.

“You have 15 unread messages,” Sehun reads aloud.

No answer from Junmyeon, not even a slight hum. His hyung is completely absorbed in the world of ‘Call of Duty’ and currently obsessed to eliminate all the enemies.

Silence means yes, right?

Right.

Sehun opened the Ka-Talk app just to find that 14 out of 15 unread messages are under the name Wu Yifan (and the other one is from Kyuhyun hyung). Sehun opened the messages from Wu Yifan and the 14 messages are…

Morning – 3 hours ago.

Are you still asleep? – 2 hours ago

.____. – 2 hours ago

Hey – 1 hour ago

Junmyeon – 1 hour ago

金俊勉 – 1 hour ago

Why aren’t you replying? – 50 minutes ago

It’s 12 there’s no way you are asleep – 48 minutes ago

Kim – 30 minutes ago

Jun – 30 minutes ago

Myeon – 30 minutes ago

Reply me, please – 15 minutes ago

Junmyeon!!! – 2 minutes ago

-______- - 2 minutes ago

Sehun’s eyebrow cocked upwards in half amusement and half jealousy. Sehun scrolled up the conversation only to find out that they have a quite intimate relationship. Jealousy starts bubbling on the base of his stomach and as he reads more of the intimate conversation, the ugly emotion boils onto the top of his head. He despises the idea of a strange man having a romantic affair with his hyung.

He knows that he’s been bad for being an oblivious towards Junmyeon’s feelings but he can’t just let Junmyeon be with a stranger (besides, why can’t his hyung go out with someone who’s still in their friends circle, like Jongin or Kyungsoo or Chanyeol?). Even if Sehun doesn’t harbor romantic feeling towards Junmyeon, he has strange protective feeling towards Junmyeon.

Like a protective puppy over his favorite toy.

Yes, both of them are men and Sehun never doubts Junmyeon’s manliness (although Junmyeon would surely bottom for him anyday).

Sehun inhales a deep breath, his mind is running here and there trying to arrange a scenario how he would confront Junmyeon about Wu Yifan.

Well, Sehun can’t find anything good to confront so he decided to go directly right to the spot.

“Hyung, who’s Wu Yifan?” Sehun finally declared a war.

Sehun saw his hyung flinched and paused the game.

“Who?”
“Wu Yifan, don’t play dumb. I’ve read your intimate conversation,” Sehun clears his throat.

Sehun swore Junmyeon is blushing madly to the tips of his ears.

“Hyung, I don’t like him. I think he’s just taking advantages of you.. You know, he might be an old and erted dude behind that display picture,”
“Sehun…”
“What if he knows that you are rich and he only after your money!?”
“Sehun—,”
“Hyung, I don’t like him.. You should stay away from him..”

Junmyeon puts down his controller with a long sigh. He looks at Sehun and Sehun can’t even elaborate the emotion flashing in his hyung’s eyes.

“Sehun.. I liked you. Not anymore, but once, I liked you,” Junmyeon confessed.
“I know.. I’ve been oblivious, I’m sorry,”

Junmyeon’s lips quirked into a sad smile; Sehun knew all along and he still acts oblivious. Junmyeon finds it very unjust—all this time he tried to push his feelings back for the sake of their friendship. But, Junmyeon is determined not to cry. It hurts but he somehow moved on.

Besides, he has Wu Yifan.

Even if their relationship is not official… yet.

“He’s Luhan’s friend… Uh, Kris, ring a bell?”

Sehun purses his lips tightly, letting the memories rushing back to him. That name sounds familiar, Luhan mentioned about Kris few times—

Ding.

“Wasn’t he the one who drove you home gazillion months ago?”
“It was three months ago,” Junmyeon replied shyly then quickly cleared his throat awkwardly “..and yes, he was the one who drove me home gazillion months ago,”

The younger’s eyes widened. One, Junmyeon actually knew when that happened; three months ago. Two, he realized why Junmyeon didn’t come home that night.

“HYUNG!” Sehun screeches.
“Hyung, hyung, hyung.. Please, please, please tell me that you didn’t do anything that night. Please he only tucked you in, read you a bedtime story and spooned you sweetly until the next morning..” Sehun beseeched.

Heaven forbid that his sweet Junmyeon hyung—

NO.

“Sehun,” Junmyeon called out in ‘I am a responsible adult’ tone “..I am a fully grown man and you can’t—,”

Sehun lets out an ugly wail a man his age shouldn’t make.

“Sehun,” Junmyeon tries to defend himself and Yifan by pulling the age card, “We are responsible and careful. We used protection,”

Another ugly wail drawn out from Sehun’s mouth. Sehun turns to Junmyeon, gaze filled with worry and other stuff Junmyeon can’t fathom perfectly.

“Hyung, I know I’ve been such an and I’m very, very, truly sorry about that,” Sehun started.

Junmyeon thought that he’d be hurt hearing that from Sehun but instead of hurt, he felt… Okay. Okay as in he felt nothing, as if it doesn’t affect him in any way. He is somehow happy with his current state, he learnt to let go of his first love and welcomed a new love.

Not that he considered Kris as a new love but from the pace they are going, he thinks it’s safe to at least accept the fact that he actually has a crush on the Chinese man.

“HYUNG!” Sehun fumed because he feels that his hyung ignored him.
“I forgive you, I guess I’ve moved on,” Junmyeon lifts one shoulder, giving the younger a half-shrug.
“And what privilege do you have to read my Ka-Talk conversation?” Junmyeon raises a brow in an accusing manner.
“I told you that you have 15 unread messages and you didn’t say anything about it so I decided to—,”
“SEHUN!”
“Sorry, hyung..” Sehun’s shoulder drooped in guilt. He fully knows that he’s at fault in the first place.

Junmyeon scoffed, “Tell him I’m playing a game and cannot be bothered,”

Then the older one goes back to his game. Sehun shook his head in disbelief then observed his hyung for a while. Junmyeon is wearing a white t-shirt paired with surfer shorts, very casual and quite tempting, especially with his pale legs stretched out.

“Hyung, have Yifan saw you dressed casually like this? I’m just asking and not because I have a bratty idea..” Sehun stated.
“Never.”

That was the only answer from Junmyeon. Suddenly, unknown sense of victory emerges from the very bottom of Sehun’s ego. This kind of sight (very casual and quite tempting Junmyeon) is his only. Not even that Yifan dude ever saw it.

Being a good dongsaeng he is, he replies the 14 messages from Yifan with a short and dry message.

                Gaming. Can’t be bothered. Bye.

Sehun grins in victory and rests the phone on the table. He continues to watch the hyung he adores the most playing Call of Duty then the phone vibrated again. Sehun knew right away that it must be from that Yifan dude, he eyes his hyung for a second who still remained unbothered then he grabs the phone and reads the message.

                I see. You could’ve told me. Have fun.

Sehun grins in victory, he can almost sense the dejected expression of that Yifan dude after reading his reply. Sehun decides to take a picture of casual and quite tempting Junmyeon and sends it to Yifan.

                Who’s this?

That was Yifan’s reply.

I just want to tell you that you better not mess up with my hyung or I’ll shove a cactus up to your .

Beep.

For your information, I wasn’t the one who broke his heart by groping another man in the restroom.

Ooh, feisty.

                I am still gonna shove a cactus up to your if you mess up with him.

There’s no reply.  Sehun concludes that Yifan ignored his message.

“Hyung,” Sehun whines.
“Hm?” came a light hum from Junmyeon.
“Let’s take a selca,”

The corner of Junmyeon’s eyes twitched in the slightest way but Sehun has known Junmyeon too long so, the slight twitching didn’t go unnoticed by the younger one. Sehun knows very well that his adorable hyung rarely say no to a selca offer. Especially if it’s him who asked, Oh Sehun.

Yehet.

Sehun sits besides Junmyeon and positions the phone in 45 degree angle; their cheeks almost touched. If this happened before Junmyeon encountered Yifan, he would feel butterflies and bats flapping their wings inside his tummy. Now, he doesn’t feel anything fluttery. It was pure brotherly affection.

Sehun touched the capture and that exact moment, the younger brushed his lips ghostly against Junmyeon’s unclouded cheek. Junmyeon looked at Sehun for a while and gave the younger a careless shrug, thinking that the younger must have feeling mischievous.

Whatever.

Junmyeon pushed Sehun away and returns to the magnificent world of ‘Call of Duty’. Sehun being Sehun, sends the picture where he kissed Junmyeon to Kris.

Not long after, he feels Junmyeon’s phone vibrated in his hand.

Yehet.

                Kid, stay the away from him. He is mine. You have Luhan.

Sehun mentally cackled in victory and put the phone away and watched his hyung immersed in the world of ‘Call of Duty’.

It’s a nice weekend indeed.

Meanwhile, somewhere in China…

After he saw the picture Luhan’s boytoy sent him via Junmyeon’s phone, Kris almost flipped his desk. Almost, fortunately, he didn’t. In his head, he is busy arranging a paragraph full of profanities he would really love to spat at Luhan’s boytoy.

Kris in a sharp intake of oxygen and exhales it slowly. He does it for a few times until he calms down and his brain starts to scheme a punishment scenario for Junmyeon; one, for letting Luhan’s boytoy sees him in a very casual and quite tempting attire (damn, those pale legs would look perfect around his waist or on his shoulders) and two, for letting the damned Luhan’s boytoy kissed him.

-end-

I’m not even sorry for writing this.

Nywaaaays. Thanks for everyone who reads, subscribed, commented, and upvoted my story. I really, really appreciate it. Much muacks! 

Nope. I am not even gonna fall into the temptation to write another sequel. This verse ends here.