Part two

Soulmates

Three years and eight months and counting had already passed since the last time Jonghyun saw Kibum. Four agonizing years since the last time he saw his best friend or rather ex best friend. “You messed up big time” that’s the thought that was hunting him for the past years he didn’t mean to ruin their friendship at all, that night when he kissed him, he didn’t think that Kibum would react that way. He had always thought that there was something between them something special that they both feel.

 

He still couldn’t grasp the thought that Kibum didn’t feel the same way because he swore that he felt something more, something more than friends between the two of them. It’s really hard to explain what it was but he thinks that the feeling was always mutual but he was wrong, he’d been wrong all the time. He was just a friend. That is all he is for Kibum. Nothing but a friend.

 

But now, Kibum doesn’t even consider him a friend anymore, does he? And that’s because of his mistake that night. He’s stupid. So stupid because he’d let his emotion overpower him and now Kibum was gone for good in his life. If only he’d known that Kibum didn’t share the same feelings with him he wouldn’t kiss him and risk their friendship. Instead he would just keep his feelings to himself maybe that way Kibum is still in his life.

 

He still have the privilege of seeing him every day, seeing his smile, hearing his obnoxious laugh, sleeping with him on the same bed, doing those little things with Kibum that he’d always loved. Life would be so much happier and simpler that way if only he could turn back time to make everything right to take back that kiss, to take Kibum back to his life he would but life doesn’t work that way.

 

And he regrets it.

 

…………………………………………

 

Jonghyun found himself walking in the streets of Seoul one day during his summer vacation from university, he actually didn’t like to visit the city any time soon but Jinki was so persistent to make him spend his summer vacation with him in his apartment in Seoul telling him that he was lonely and he wanted to spend time with Jonghyun because he misses him. Which makes sense because he realized that it’s almost two years since the last time he saw Jinki because university has been keeping him up.

 

Jonghyun chose to study in Daegu, the reason? He actually don’t know. Maybe he just really love his hometown so much that he didn’t want to leave it behind or maybe he prefers living in much quieter place and in simple life, so far from the bustling city of Seoul. There’s also another reason why he’s been avoiding Jinki’s requests of having a vacation in the city for the past years. It’s because of someone named Kim Kibum.

 

Yes, the last time he heard the younger boy is studying at Kookmin University which is in Seongbuk-gu and it just so happen that Jinki is living in the same area. What a lovely coincidence. Right?

 

Jonghyun might want to make things right with Kibum again but he was so afraid of facing the younger, he actually doesn’t know what to do if one day he just stumbled across him on the street. Will the younger punch him? Give him a disgusting look? Or worse, does Kibum still know him or he completely forgot about the existence of Kim Jonghyun and that thought scares him the most.

 

“Damn Seoul is a big city! The chances of you meeting Kibum are so much smaller than the chances of you meeting your future wife” Jinki always tells him those words but he doesn’t know why the feeling of meeting the younger randomly wouldn’t leave his mind.

 

……………………………………

 

It’s his fifth day staying at Jinki’s apartment when Jisung, Jinki’s aunt’s son went to his apartment to spend the day with them but Jinki has a slight fever and cold that day so Jonghyun decided to just bring the little boy to the park to avoid getting sick like Jinki.

 

……………………………………

 

It was hot. It was incredibly hot to his liking, the air conditioner decided to him at this day where he’s grumpy so many projects to do because of his stupid summer class and he is craving for bubblegum ice cream and the stupid convenience store in front of his apartment building is not selling his favorite and they even run out of his favorite gummy bears! What a horrible day. The only option that Kibum have is to walk to get to park for twelve minutes under the annoying sun just to have a taste of the precious bubblegum ice cream that he is craving for so bad.

 

By the time Kibum got to the park he was sweating and he knows that he doesn’t look appealing and he also smells bad at this point. He hated it the feeling of the heat is so annoying he could curse the sun for shining so brightly and giving unnecessary heat. this day. Kibum thought. But when he saw the Ice cream truck parked in the corner of the park, a couple of excited kids and parents surrounding it, he grins widely the thought of the heavenly bubblegum ice cream in his hands is so wonderful and the thought of tasting the mouth watering dessert is so thrilling he could cry.

 

He was so focus on getting to the ice cream truck and finally having that precious little thing as soon as possible when he shifted his gaze to the side of the truck where in there’s a man wearing a bright green printed shirt carrying a cute little boy looking like no more than three years old, a chocolate cone ice cream happily, cute. Kibum thinks. Still, the shirt is so annoying to his eyes. Seriously it’s so sunny and why the hell would you wear a bright shirt?

 

He keeps on walking excitedly but the stupid bright green shirt is hurting his eyes. He squints and tries to avoid it looking at it but he just can't. When the man fully turns, he stops dead on his tracks. He suddenly feels sweating more and his stomach feels weird his body itches like there are hundreds of ants biting him. No this is not possible.

 

He didn’t know if the weather is messing with his head right now or it’s really Kim Jonghyun smiling so widely in front of him so wide he looks stupid. And he’s carrying a cute little boy. No the sun is just playing games with his head right now, Kim Jonghyun is in Daegu, and he is still young to have a child for ’s sake but no he can’t be wrong. That smile, the uneven nostrils, the sharp jaw line, the plump pretty pink lips and the beautiful puppy eyes that he loves he’s sure that it’s Jonghyun.

 

Kim Jonghyun his ex best friend, his first kiss and his first love. The man that he is still so in love with, the man who stole his first kiss but didn’t dare to say anything or run for him when he walks away that night. Why is he here? He shouldn’t be here! He should be in Daegu! He should be spending his summer in Daegu! He is not supposed to carry a child in his arms right now.

 

“Is that his son? Jonghyun is already married? No no no ”  Kibum mentally panicked as to why, he didn’t ing know all he knows is he needs to get out of there as soon as possible.

 

When he sees Jonghyun walking to his direction he grew more nervous so he turns his back and walks fast looking at the ground as if Jonghyun would recognize him but then suddenly he feels a sharp pain on his forehead and he landed on his . “Aww ” he cursed so loud rubbing his forehead and then he realize that he bumped into a stupid lamp post. He doesn’t remember seeing it there. Why is this happening to him? Kibum cursed again when he saw people eyeing him curiously, some kids chuckling at him. Damn. When he was about to get on his feet, he feels a light tap on his shoulder.

 

“Are you okay?”

That voice..

Kibum is screwed.

 

He didn’t turn his head to the man standing behind him. He stays at his position motionless. He didn’t know what to do. He is now sweating more and he feels like it’s not because of the heat now but because of his nerves. He suddenly feels cold so cold. What should he do? Should he run? Should he pretend that he doesn’t know Jonghyun if ever the older man would recognize him?

Wait.

Why is he even thinking of running away? There’s no reason for that. Jonghyun is or was his friend. He probably forgot about that kiss, that stupid kiss. It’s nothing. Or maybe he already forgot about Kibum. It’s been almost four years after all.

Just stay calm Kibum. Stay calm.

 

“Uh.. can’t you get up? does your head really hurt that bad?” He feels Jonghyun walks slowly to his front

 

No no no no no. Kibum mentally hissed.

 

Their eyes met. He saw Jonghyun’s eyes doubled its size. His mouth slightly hanging open.  “K..kibum..” Jonghyun stuttered.

“Kibum?”  Kibum says dumbly. For a moment Kibum thinks the idea of pretending of having amnesia crosses his mind but that’s just plain stupid. Isn’t it?

“Kibum..” Jonghyun mumbled his name again this time he didn't stutter but his voice is quite shaky. oh how he missed Jonghyun’s voice. Jonghyun looks like is going have a heart attack. He is looking at Kibum like he was a ghost and Kibum wonders why maybe he is not the only only one feeling this way. Could it be Jonghyun still remembers that night? Why does he looks so nervous just like him?

 

Kibum bit his lower lip and tries to avoid the older man's gaze. This day is definitely going to be interesting.

………………………………………

 

A/N I know this took so long. I’m really sorry. :|

My original plan for this fic is just oneshot but I don’t know why it became chaptered. -_-

But I’m sure I’m gonna end this on the next chapter! I hope you like it.

Comments are very much loved. :)