Part One

Soulmates

Jonghyun have known Kibum when he was in sophomore year in High school in their small town, actually he knows Kibum since he was a little kid. They both went to same school in pre-school until now and they both live in the same neighborhood but they never got the chance to be friends and he wonders why, but then they became friends when his friend Jinki introduced them with each other on Jinki’s 17th birthday.

 

Their first meeting was all shy smiles and awkward little conversations, Kibum too shy to even bring up a topic that will last a few minutes or so. Jonghyun being a little more confident and talkative tries hard to make their first meeting a more comfortable one because there’s something about Kibum that he really likes and he is determined to be friends with him.

 

Kibum loosened up when Jonghyun accidentally blurted out that once in his pre-school days he accidentally peed on himself on their school’s park bench and he didn’t know what to do until an oblivious little Jinki came running on him and sat beside him, a few minutes later little Jinki felt the wet disgusting thing on his that he thought that he was the one that who actually peed on himself and until now he still believes that he did.

 

Jonghyun never said the truth because he thinks it’s still the funniest thing ever. Jonghyun will never forget the obnoxious laugh that Kibum let out that night, His head falling backwards, hand hitting him half heartedly and the way his eyes squinted in the most adorable way. Jonghyun thought that, that moment Kibum was cute and that thought never changed.

 

Since then they became best friends, Inseparable. Like peanut butter to a jelly. Jinki will sulk jokingly every time he’ll see them together and will always say “I shouldn’t have introduced you to each other, now I lost my best friend” But they know that the elder is more than happy about their friendship.

 

Jonghyun will always sleep at Kibum’s house, hee would wear Kibum’s favorite shirts just to annoy him and they always use one glass of anything just because Jonghyun likes it Kibum would always complain about it but never had the heart to stop that habit. Jonghyun would always massage Kibum’s scalp to sleep because he knows that the younger loves it and in return Kibum will always prepare him his favorite kimbap because Jonghyun thinks it’s the best.

 

When Kibum wasn’t in a good mood Jonghyun knows whole heartedly what to do to make the younger happy he would always take the younger to an ice cream shop and treat him his favorite bubblegum ice cream, after that he will buy Kibum his favorite gummy bears and they will eat it together while laying on the grass field on their small town’s park and when Kibum will finally close his eyes and let out a contented sigh it’s a sign to Jonghyun that he can finally bite the younger’s nose without the younger attacking him.

 

There are times that Kibum is in the mood of being all over Jonghyun, he would bite his ear, poke his nose and will laugh at how uneven it was, He will squish his cheeks and it just to annoy the elder but the thing is Jonghyun never gets annoyed by his antics. In fact Jonghyun loves it.

 

And every night before they go to sleep whenever Jonghyun will sleepover, Kibum will never forget to make Jonghyun sit on the floor. Kibum on the couch the elder between his thighs, the younger holding a comb and a set of rubber bands beside him. Kibum will always play with his hair and tie it in apple style. Kibum will always giggle and snap a picture of him of course, Jonghyun never gets angry and just lets the younger to do his thing because he thinks that Kibum is adorable and he loves him.

 

They will go to school and will go home together every day.  Sometimes Kibum will wait for Jonghyun when the elder has vocal practice just because it doesn’t feel right to go home without the elder beside him. Jonghyun would automatically grin mischievously whenever the practice is done and he’ll see Kibum sitting on a chair outside the music room with a small pout on his pink lips and his foot kicking the ground lazily. One time he even snap a picture of the younger secretly because he thinks it’s absolutely cute.

 

They were in senior year when Kibum feels a little bit different around Jonghyun, it’s not because he is not fond of the elder anymore. It was because the feeling of being with Jonghyun is not the normal feeling of being with your best friend and its way more than that. Kibum thinks that the elder didn’t feel the same way though so he feels a little bit bitter about it.

 

It’s almost two weeks beforegraduation, Kibum and Jonghyun were in the elder’s room. This time its Kibum’s turn to sleep over Jonghyun’s house. Kibum sitting on the edge of the bed reading his newly bought book facing Jonghyun who was sitting in front of him, back against the headboard doing nothing in particular but staring at him.

 

Kibum feels a little bit uncomfortable from the stare that never falters so he looks up to Jonghyun to make a sharp remark about how annoying and creepy he was, but he was stop by Jonghyun's gaze and he leans over the younger to grab his book a little bit forcefully. The older man crawls to him slowly, he's now too close that personal space seems to be forgotten. Kibum froze from his spot, eyes turning wide,  lips slightly agape.  Then Jonghyun brought his hand up to his cheek and kisses him.

 

The kiss was a gentle pressed of lips a kiss that meant to feel the other and savor it without any movements or brushes of tongues. Kibum’s eyes closes gently because the moment was just overwhelming and magical. A feeling that he never felt before, hee can feel himself shaking lightly and everything was a blur. He can’t feel anything but the warmth that’s radiating from the man in front of him, the warmth of his palm against his cheek and the moist of Jonghyun’s plump lips against his own.

 

He had always dreamed of how the elder’s lips felt like whenever he would stare at it when he talked or when he smile or simply when the elder was with him but Kibum was confused. He didn’t know what was happening or why it was happening. The overwhelming and magical feeling that he felt moments ago suddenly turns into fear. He feels scared, anxious and confused. He snaps his eyes open and shoved Jonghyun away from him. He can feel the tears pooling in the corner of his eyes. Jonghyun staring wide eyes at him, mirroring his expression he seems to be confused and scared just like Kibum.

 

When Jonghyun cleared his throat and was about to speak, Kibum bolted out of the bed and runs out of the room. He puts on his shoes and leaves the house, tears streaming down his face hee didn’t actually know why he was crying or why he was running away, all he knows is he needs t get out of that room and stay away from Jonghyun at least for now.

 

When Kibum finally falls on his bed with red eyes, puffy cheeks and a sore body, he wonders why Jonghyun kissed him but didn’t run after him.

 

After that incident Jonghyun and Kibum never talked to each other anymore, they avoided the latter the best way they could. Both of them didn’t even know why. Until graduation comes and they went on their separate ways.

 

 

................................................................

A/N

Let me know what you think,

Comments are loved <3

Part 2 should be up Friday :)

- Lykke<3