Chapter 1

Life After Love

     "Yeobo," Yongguk started.

     Himchan rolled over on the bed to face his husband, "Yes?"

     "I want to have a kid," Yongguk stated.

     Himchan looked at Yongguk, taken aback, "Um, you know we can't have a kid because we're both guys..."

     Yongguk facepalmed, "Do you think that I'm that stupid?"

     "Well, not really, no," Himchan answered. Yongguk glared back at him.

     "I meant that we should adopt, you dumby," Yongguk sighed softly.

     "Oh,"

     "Is that a good 'oh' or a bad 'oh'?" Yongguk asked, "Do you think we can adopt?"

     "We most definitely can adopt," Himchan agreed.

     "Yay!-"

     "But, do we have the time? Do we have the financial support? Do we have the room?" Himchan cut in.

     Yongguk cupped Himchan's cheek in his hand, "You already know that we have no problem with money. After all, we run one of the most well known coffee shops in Gangnam. And to repeat myself, we live in Gangnam, our house is big enough to fit 10 kids!"

     Himchan frowned, "You're not seriously planning on adopting 10 kids, are you?"

     Yongguk chuckled, "Of course not, I was just exaggerating."

     "Okay good, what about time? Do we have time to run a popular coffee shop and raise children?" Himchan inquired.

     Yongguk hesitated then said, "I really don't know right now but please trust me because I am 100% sure that we'll pull through like we always have."

     Himchan sighed in defeat and Yongguk looked him expectantly. "Go take a shower and get ready for the day. By the time you're out, I should have my mind all made up by then," Himchan said firmly. Yongguk sluggishly pulled himself out of bed and stood up.

     "Are you sure that you don't want to shower with me?" Yongguk grinned cheekily.

     "Do you want me to make up my mind about the adoption or not?" Himchan deadpanned.

     "Okay, okay fine," Yongguk smiled and walked off to the bathroom in all his boxer-clad glory. Once Himchan heard the shower start in the nearby bathroom, he began to think hard. He was always one to make sure that a situation was completely safe before getting too involved in it. Yongguk was one of the rare situations that he leapt right into without a second thought. 5 years ago when he met Yongguk, he was 23. Young, good-looking if he does say so himself but over cautious nonetheless. Himchan was studying in univesity. He wasn't quite sure what he wanted to do but he wanted to make sure that a stable future was guaranteed. He studied business in hopes of finding something but found nothing. Coming from a well-off family, Himchan didn't necessarily have to find his own career path since it could just be layed out for him if he wanted but he didn't want to depend on his parents for the rest of his life. Himchan remembered when he met Yongguk.

 

     Himchan sheepishly walked around the overly crowded university courtyard in attempt to find a nice spot to study. He could've just studied inside but it was nearing the end of summer and he didn't want to waste the warm days stuck inside a building when the sunshine and summer breeze practically called out to him. Himchan felt himself smile slightly when he spotted a tall tree. *A perfect place to study.* Himchan thought. Luckily only one person was sitting under the tree. The boy looked like he didn't care about anything that was going on around him. Earphones plugged in, eyes closed and not a single given. Himchan quietly studied the man in front of him that looked about his age. Himchan almost laughed when he saw how he dressed. Differing from his own style, the man's clothing was something between hipster and emo. The mix would've looked good if worn properly but on the man, it looked unlike him, almost strange.

     Putting all thoughts of judgement away, Himchan pushed up his thick-rimmed 'nerd' glasses before shyly approached the man and tapped him on the shoulder, "Um, c-can I sit here under the tree too?" Himchan almost slapped himself for stuttering in front of the stranger. He had no idea why he felt himself blushing or why he felt his stomach flip when he heard the man's deep voice.

     "Yeah, sure whatever," the man replied as he cracked an eye open to peek at whom he was speaking to. Himchan muttered a quick thanks before proceeding to sit down and lean against the thick trunk of the tree. The trunk of the tree was fairly wide but Himchan sat somewhat closer to Yongguk than intended but if he moved, he might've gotten a grass stain on his and that would be embarrassing since it was only 1pm and there was far too much time left in the day to deal with students laughing at his backside. Himchan gazed up at the branches overhead; although the tree provided shade, there was also small spaces between the leaves that let in small rays of sunlight in, making the ground look pretty.

     Himchan cracked his textbook open and started to read over his chapter review. School and studying came fairly easy to Himchan and it took a lot to break his concentration but Himchan couldn't focus on the words on his page. It all looked so boring and everything else suddenly seemed much more interesting than the stupid book on his lap. One thing that was definitely interesting to Himchan was the deep-voiced stranger beside him. Ignoring his thoughts, Himchan tried to focus all his energy on reading the material in front of him but as much as he tried, he couldn't stop himself from stealing glances at the boy beside him. The more he looked at him, the more attractive the man became. *Wait! What are you thinking?! You don't even know him!* Himchan thought. Himchan was 100% gay but that didn't mean that he should be staring at this attractive  stranger beside him.

     "By the way, I'm Kim Himchan. I, uh, I sorta like this spot so just in case I'll be sitting here more often, we might as well know each other's names right? Um, nevermind... Sorry," Himchan suddenly blurted. He instantly slapped a hand over his mouth as his face grew red. *WHAT THE HELL BRAIN. YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO DO THAT. YOU CAN'T DO THAT WITHOUT MY FREAKING PERMISSION, GODDAMMIT* Himchan thought. He whipped his head around to face the other direction as he mentally hit himself for being stupid.

     "I'm Bang Yongguk," Yongguk chuckled.Himchan didn't exactly look like he was listening because he was obviously too absorbed in having a meltdown over his seemingly stupid behaviour. In attempt to gain Himchan's attention, Yongguk awkwardly tapped Himchan on the shoulder. "Himchan-ssi, are you okay?" Yongguk asked, stiffling laughter because Himchan was too much of a funny and cute sight. Himchan turned around, flustered.

     "Sorry about that, and um sorry for bothering you, I-I was just..nevermind, just go back to what you were doing, I'll just keep studying," Himchan mumbled.

     "Stop lying, I know that you weren't studying. You were way too busy looking around at everything," Yongguk laughed. Yongguk felt that it was sort of fun to talk to this flustered Himchan person so he pulled out his earphones to focus all his attention to the situation at hand.

     "No, I was studying!" Himchan argued, embarrassed at being found out. He hoped that the latter didn't notice him looking at him instead of studying.

     "Oh really? Then what have you learned after sitting here for 30 minutes studying?" Yongguk grinned. Yongguk didn't know why but he felt strangely drawn to this new stranger. They had just met but here they were talking to each other like they've known each other for years. Yongguk felt comfortable around Himchan and it was a strange feeling because Yongguk wasn't one to talk willingly to new people. He felt like he was going to enjoy talking to this person in the future.

     On the other hand, Himchan felt extremely jittery. It's not like he didn't like Yongguk; he didn't know him enough to have an accurate judgement yet. Himchan felt scared if he stumbled up on one word. Himchan, although cautious and a bit of a 'sheltered guy', he didn't ever have a problem with talking to new people. He felt at ease talking to new people because the way he saw it, there was really nothing to lose because there was a small chance that Himchan would ever see them again. With Yongguk, he felt nervous and on edge. "Well, I was studying, um, the use of grammar," Himchan quickly said.

     Yongguk quickly grabbed the textbook from Himchan's lap and inspected it, "I don't know, this sort of looks like a calculus textbook," Yongguk raised an eyebrow.

     "Shut up,"

     "No, I think I'll do what I want,"

    "Whatever, I'm going to go," Himchan huffed. In truth, Himchan didn't want to go but he wasn't going to be the weak one here. The thing was, Himchan wanted an apology from Yongguk because he was being mean and Himchan knew just the way to get what he wanted. Himchan quickly jutted his lip out and puffed his cheeks. It wasn't really a guy thing to do but Himchan didn't care what others thought most of the time. Himchan started to stand up slowly.

     Yongguk gave in almost instantly and Himchan was a bit taken aback because looking at Yongguk, he didn't look like one to fall for aegyo. He looked like one to laugh at the ones who did it. "No, don't go, Himchan. I'm sorry for being mean. I think that it's fun to talk to you so stay," Yongguk smiled.

     "Yeah right. I'm boring; no one wants to talk to me," Himchan explained. It was true, Himchan was a social butterfly but nobody was ever around to see it. There wasn't really anyone to talk to because he looked to boring to talk to so nobody found him interesting.

     "I want to talk to you," Yongguk replied while revealing a gummy smile. *I bet that nobody really get to see that smile because he's so withdrawn.* Himchan thought.

     Himchan felt himself blushing again but he tried desperately to tell his feelings to calm the down because nothing special happened. *Except that you just got yourself a friend.* His brain shot back at him. "Okay fine, I'll stay," Himchan smiled before sitting back down.

     "Cool. Tomorrow, do you want to hang out here again?" Yongguk asked.

     "Yeah sure," Himchan let the smile work its way up to his eyes, making him look all the more happy.

 

     Yongguk stepped into the room with a towel around his waist and a towel in his hair to dry it off. "So, have you made up your mind?" Yongguk asked hopefully, flashing his beautiful gummy smile that Himchan had gotten so accustomed to seeing. Nonetheless, it melted Himchan's heart each time without fail.

     *I hate Yongguk for always making me love him so much. I have to say yes because its what he wants and who knows, maybe this leap of faith will be as good as the one with Yongguk.* Himchan thought. "It's a yes. I'm willing to give this parenting thing a try," Himchan smiled.

     Yongguk instantly pulled Himchan into a tight hug and whispered into his neck, "Thank you. I love you."

     "I love you too," Himchan replied. When Yongguk pulled away, Himchan's hand accidentally brushed Yongguk's towel at the wrong spot, causing it to slip off of Yongguk's hips. Himchan shrieked then threw himself under the blankets in attempt to shield his eyes.

     "Hey, it's not like you haven't seen me before," Yongguk laughed.

     "GO PUT SOME GODDAMN PANTS ON," Himchan yelled through the blankets.

     "I know you want my dinga ling," Yongguk whispered creepily into the blanket that he lifted up. He set it down then ran away cackling to himself, still .


     OH GOD IT TOOK ME WAY TO LONG TO MAKE THE FIRST CHAPTER FOR THIS. I'm really sorry;;

I've been putting it off for quite a while now but I wanted to update for my sistar, Mae

     I was originally planning on updating Two in a Billion today but I've been working a lot on that fic in secreth (heh) so I needed a rest from it for a bit sorry.