Unpremeditated feelings.

A mysterious gentleman.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pib pib pib. You heard your alarm clock at 6:30am like usual, you yawned and slightly opened your eyes, too lazy to come out of your bed, but you had no other choice than that, so you forgot about how lazy you were since you had school. You got ready by wearing your school uniform, drinking your morning coffee and heading out of your dorm to wait for the 7:00am bus. Other people usually hate that, it’s either late or overcrowded. But you love it. You were impatient to get on it. Because there’s always that guy who got your attention there. A calm nice tall guy with a good looking face, he often sits behind and reads a book or listens to music.

The bus came, you got on it, took your usual/favorite seat: in the middle next to a window. You didn’t love it because you enjoy staring out of it, but because it gives you a clear and good reflection of the young man; so you put your earphones on and stared deeply at his beautiful face’s reflection until…it was gone. You didn’t realize it since you were daydreaming. Suddenly, you woke up from your so-called day-dreams by a soft and husky voice.

“May I sit next to this beautiful lady?” It said. 

You thought it was some high school guy playing around or a drunken man until you turned your head to be greeted by the good-looking bus-guy’s nice figure. Wow, he looks better when he’s closer.

“S-sure” you mouthed, unable to talk properly.

Of course you can’t spazz out loud so you just put your earphone on again in your right ear, pretending to “ignore” his existence.

“What are you listening to, pretty girl?” You blush every time he compliments you.

“Uh…BTOB’s ‘My Girl’ “

“Would you mind sharing an earphone? I love BTOB, too.” He eye smiled, making your cheeks blush even more.

You only nodded slowly and shared earphones with him, wondering whether what’s going on is real or not. He closed his eyes, enjoying the beautiful melody of the song while you only stared at him as you got a better view of him now. You felt like if the song was background music of a romance drama. The moment was too beautiful until he suddenly opened his eyes and of course caught you looking at him.

“Someone’s enjoying the view, huh?”

You stared away and didn’t let out a word, not even a single word. But you could tell he smirked. It was too awkward for you but, fortunately, you arrived to your station.

“Well, I got to go” You said as you got up.

You were about to step out of the bus when he grabbed your arm and wrote something on it with a pen he has been holding the whole time.

“That’s my number. Call or text me later when you’ve got time, pretty please”

You only rolled your eyes and walked towards your school. You got too distracted in class, by thinking about Mr.eyesmile now that he acknowledges your presence. Two hours surely felt like forever that you didn’t think the class will end anytime soon.

The school bell rang so you arranged your books and headed to the front yard, took out your phone from your pocket and added him to your contacts under the name of ‘the bus guy’ while you chuckled at this lame nickname. You locked your phone for two minutes then unlocked it to text him. You just wanted to talk to him; that’s all.

“Hey bus mate ㅋㅋㅋ”  You typed and send it.

You were impressed at how he texted back in no time. It’s like he was waiting for it. Maybe he was who knows.

“Oh, so you actually texted me Mrs. Bus lady”

What? He called you the lame nickname you gave him. So you two literally had the same speculation. You were thinking too much until you received a second text.

“When does your school end today?”

“Two hours from now”

“Alright, I’ll be waiting @ 12PM in the bus-station near your school. Study well! ^^”

What the heck. Why would he wait for me? Does he not study or work? He’s always free so why does he take a bus? Where does he go? And where does he come from?

You demanded lots of questions with no specific answers.

You headed to your next class, luckily, it was Psychology. It was one of your favorite classes so it surely will end fast. The school bell rang announcing the end of the class, as your heartbeat was as fast as ever. Just by the sight of Mr. Bus guy in your head, made you breathe heavily. You walked slowly to the bus station noticing a nice silhouette, and you recognized it. Who else could it be as handsome if it’s not him?  You gently poked his shoulder and mouthed slowly “Hey”; he jumped at the sudden touch but knew it would be you.

“You’re finally here, girl” he eye smiled, looking more handsome than usual.

You only nodded as he grabbed your arm while saying “Aren’t you hungry? Let’s have lunch” he didn’t expect an answer. He was still going there anyway.

He slightly slipped his fingers with yours, so now you held hands as you started walking. It was too awkward that you didn’t have a reaction; you just let things as they are. In fact, you enjoyed it.

“What do you want to eat?” You asked, breaking the awkward silence.

“I’m fine with anything, what you want for lunch-“he giggled at the thought that you two don’t know each other’s names.  

“Hold on. What’s your name?” you just laughed, noticing the weird situation.

“My name is Soomi, I’m Yoon Soomi” you smiled.

“What a beautiful name. I’m Lim Hyunsik” he smiled back and chuckled to himself. You found that cute.

“There. Let’s go there.” He said as he pointed at a restaurant down the road.”

You nodded, satisfied with his choice. You often visit it with your friends or sometimes you eat alone.

He pushed the door and whispered “Ladies first” and you just blushed and avoided eye contact. It is fascinating. The fact that you two are still holding hands, it felt so warm so you didn’t want to let go of it, but you had to so you felt a cool wind against your palm, missing the warmth his hand gave you; you sat as he pulled a chair for you, being the gentleman he is. You looked at the menu confused, everything was mouth-watering but you chose spicy ramen as it was your favorite and he did the same thing. While waiting for the order, you two were silent, staring outside of the huge glass at people down the street. You knew his eyes were distracted somewhere else so you decided to steal a glance at him, once you did, he was looking at you, too. But you broke the eye contact quickly looking back from the window.

“Don’t make it awkward. You’ll get used to eye contacts with me since I’ll look at you a lot after.”

“Why would you look at me? Look away, it’s embarrassing.”

“It’s not my fault that you’re beautiful”

You only ignored his last sentence and looked away to hide your red cheeks.

“Look here. The order came. Eat well and don’t think you’ll embarrass yourself if you did something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter