Your Man

Your Man

 

It had been exactly one month. To Nicole, it was enough time. For the month she had been pretending to date her best friend Sungjong. He said that he wanted to prove to s that he was grown up and that he could get a girlfriend. She was all into helping her friend but there was one thing she didn't count on happening.

 

 

The time when she had fallen for Myungsoo was unsure to Nicole. She just knew that somewhere while she was faking she had come to the conclusion she liked Myungsoo. Which is why Nicole is standing in front of their dorm this very moment. Nicole believed she and Sungjong got the point across to s and wanted to confess to Myungsoo. First, she had to “break-up” with Sungjong.

 

 

Nicole knocked on the door and Myungsoo answered it.

 

 

“Sungjong, your girlfriend is here!” he called out into the dorm.

 

 

Nicole believed that it was unnecessary to emphasize the fact she was his girlfriend. Still, she smiled and greeted everyone who were playing a card game. Sungjong tossed his cards aside, getting up from his spot on the floor and hugging Nicole. He placed a kiss on her cheek which is all they have done in their month of faking.

 

 

“It's totally fine to kiss your girlfriend on the lips,” Hoya said while seeing what cards Sungjong had.

 

 

“About that. Sungjong, can we talk in your room?” Nicole asked and bit her lip.

 

 

“Sure thing.”

 

 

They went into the room shared by him, Hoya and Sungyeol and sat on the extra bunk.

 

 

“Sungjong, it's been a month. I like being able to hang out with you but don't you think you've proven your point to your members? I'd like to go back to being friends.”

 

 

“I don't think that we've proven anything since they haven't seen us kiss.”

 

 

“Well, I don't really want to have to kiss you. The thing is, I came over because I was hoping we could end it. I like Myungsoo and I wanted to ask him out.”

 

 

Sungjong's head dropped as he heard her words. He shook his head, not believing what he was hearing. The plan hadn't worked out at all.

 

 

“You really want to date Myungsoo? You think he's a great man, right?” Sungjong asked while keeping his head down.

 

 

“Don't be like this Sungjong. We were doing this so your members can see you as a man. I think we succeeded.”

 

 

Nicole tried to ruffle his hair but Sungjong slapped away her hand.

 

 

“No. This plan failed!” he yelled and looked up at Nicole, “you are not allowed to date Myungsoo! Do you hear me?”

 

 

“What gives you the right to tell me who I can and can't date?” Nicole asked and stood up, placing her hands on her hips.

 

 

“I think the fact that I love you. Did you ever notice though? No! Because your too busy staring at Myungsoo! This plan was never meant to prove anything to my members. They know I'm a man. It's you that is clueless.”

 

 

By the time Sungjong had stood up too and gotten in Nicole's face, shocking her.

 

 

“Sungjong, I do think your a man,” Nicole said and tried to pull him into a hug.

 

 

He just pushed her arms away and climbed up onto his bunk.

 

 

“No you don't. You act like I'm one of your girlfriends that you can gossip with. If I wasn't stubborn, I'd go and say that you think I'm gay.”

 

 

“Okay, maybe compared to Myungsoo and your other members, I think your not that much of a man. I never thought you were gay though!”

 

 

Sungjong rolled his eyes.

 

“Sure you didn't,” he grumbled.

 

 

Nicole climbed up and joined him on his bunk.

 

 

“I'm just as much of a man as Sunggyu, and Woohyun, Myungsoo, and the others,” Sungjong said as he looked into Nicole's eyes and held her shoulders.

 

 

Nicole, looking into his eyes, saw the hurt. All Sungjong wanted was to be a man to her. Until now, all Nicole saw was the feminine maknae that was crazy good at girl group dances. She nodded at his words.

 

“You are,” she told him.

 

 

Sungjong sighed with relief and smiled as his plan had finally been accomplished. In the eyes of the girl that he cared about, he was a man. To prove his point more, Sungjong leaned in and gave a kiss to Nicole. Her hands wrapped around his neck as she kissed him back. When they pulled apart for air, Sungjong added on,

 

“I'm more then a man. I'm your man.”