2/2

Not Intended

It was Saturday and Taehyung woke up at twenty past one in the afternoon. He checked his phone and saw two personal messages from Jungkook and Dara. Both greeted him good morning and he checked what time the messages were sent. 7am and 8am. Damn that was only two hours after he slept.

He simply greeted them but none had replied. Three hours later the chat group was active again. Taehyung didn't participate. He also had to meet up with someone that afternoon and as he was waiting outside his door - sweat trickling down his back because the day was just too hot - he received a personal message from Dara.

Dara: U know what? I think Jimin likes you. I know him very well.

Taehyung desperately reminded Dara that he was a guy.

Dara: I know. What? If u love him, then I cant do anything hahaha Hwaiting! ;)

Taehyung face palmed. This was all because of Dara's gayness for Yoona. Taehyung preferred the word gay more than lesbian because it sounded nicer.

He sighed and checked for texts from the person he was meeting up with that day. None. He was so frustrated and the heat was killing him.

His message notification sounded and he expected a text from the person he was meeting, but no, it was Jimin. He opened the text.

Jimin: Woots woots hve u seen Sulli dancing to the ㄴ ㅜ ㅌ thingie?

Taehyung sighed. Nonetheless he played along. In the middle of their conversation Taehyung met up with the person he needed to meet. When he came back and cooled himself under the air cond he read his messages again.

Jimin: Can I hve ur full name.. cos I wanna add to contact..

Taehyung thought why couldn't he save him just as V. Jimin was surely trying to find out more about him. He lost count of how many times he had sighed that day. It would have been easy if he had clarified earlier.

V: Just save me as V

If Jimin would find out Taehyung was a boy he would hurt. Would he hurt? Or would he laugh everything off? Taehyung ran his fingers through his hair in frustration..

Taehyung turned his phone connection off after that and kept his phone aside to study for his upcoming exams. He had a study leave now and he only had to come to school on the day of the exams itself. At ten past nine he checked his phone and saw that he received a text message. It was from Jimin.

V ;~; Im bored /sorry for disturbing/ ㅠ~ㅠ 8:50pm

Taehyung almost had a small heart attack. What had he done. Jimin liked him. And he didn't even know Taehyung was a boy. Carefully typing out his reply he pressed send.

Whatchu doooinnng I'm studying ;~; 9:16pm

He went out of his room and came back. His phone was ringing.

Jimin: Just resting XD after studying ._. 9:20pm

V: They're not chatting in the group? I haven't my connection :/ Go to sleep now. School's tmr n you're not feeling well. Get well soon Jiminie ;) 9:27pm

He pressed send and paused. Was that too sweet. Oh god he even thought his text was sweet. He remembered Jimin saying he was not feeling well that afternoon and Taehyung hadn't responded to it like the others did in the chat group did. He went out of his room again.

When he came back he checked his phone for Jimin's reply.

I cant check cus I have no credit.. okay but im not sleepy yet ._. thnks btw~ 9:28pm

Taehyung didn't reply and their conversation died there.

-

It was fun at first (though he did worry everytime), but this had been going on for more than a week now and Taehyung was really feeling guilty. He bit his thumb as he sat with his knees to his chest on his bed that night. Wanting everything to end, he scrambled off bed to grab his phone and went online.

Hurriedly choosing Jimin's contact to privately message him, he typed out two sentences and unthinkingly pressed send. Telling the truth through texts seemed rude so he had thought about meeting up. He read his text again and mentally slapped his head because he had made it sound like 'she' was proposing to him.

"I have a confession to make. Meet me at the park down the street from your school tomorrow at 4pm."

It was too late to take it back so he timidly typed out "Will you come tomorrow-" He erased the text immediately and shoved his phone away. He dived into bed and closed his eyes tightly until he fell asleep.

The next day he was all jittery at home. He hadn't checked his phone since last night and he wasn't planning to. The day seemed to drag on forever and finally it was thirty minutes to four. With a deep inhale and a loud exhale, Taehyung maneuvered outside to his bike and rode in the direction of the park. Luckily Jimin's school was not too far away from Taehyung's house. He found out Jimin went there through their texts in the group.

The park was empty when he arrived. He checked his watch after leaning his bike against a tree and walked to the nearest swing set. He looked over both shoulders to see if anyone was coming. There were only passersby, no one who seemed to give of a vibe that said that they were Jimin. He rubbed his hand over his chest and settled down.

It was fifteen past four and Taehyung's palms were already sweaty against his thighs although the day was nice and windy. Another five minutes had passed and there was no signs of Jimin anywhere. Not that he knew how Jimin looked. He was starting to think that Jimin wasn't coming. He was so deep in thought that he didn't hear someone walking there and sitting on the swing next to him.

Taehyung realised that he was staring, and he knew that he was making the other boy uncomfortable, but there are too much going on in his brain to care. Was this Jimin? What should I say? How do I start? With these thoughts he almost missed the smile on the other's face and the words that followed.

"Annyeong."

Too shocked Taehyung didn't even think when he stuttered out, "V-V." The other looked mildly surprised but otherwise the smile was still there. He almost looked pleased. "A-are you Jimin?"

The other nodded, almost carefully because Taehyung was just so anxious he looked like he could faint.

"I-I'm V," he said timidly, voice sounding apologetic and disappointed. He ducked his head and the hem of his shirt. It was so quiet, as if Jimin wasn't there and he was sitting alone in the warm sunlight with the wind softly kissing his skin.

"I know," Jimin said after a while.

Taehyung didn't look up. He wasn't that surprised, because over this week he had thought about it. He recalled Dara's text about Jimin liking him; may be Dara had told Jimin? That he was a boy?

He asked Jimin anyway, "Why aren't you surprised?"

Jimin chuckled, "Check your phone."

Taehyung did so and glanced up at Jimin before opening his text.

Are you going to say that you're a boy? 11:57pm

Taehyung scratched at his head and peeked at Jimin. Jimin was looking up at the bright sky, feet gently pushing the ground to start the swing, the wind softly blowing at his hair. Taehyung couldn't take his gaze off and only when Jimin looked over at him and their eyes met did Taehyung look away.

"Why did you come when you already knew?"

"I wanted to see you."