1/2

Not Intended

It all started with Yoongi's text about him being a girl and that he wondered how girls were supposed to girls. Taehyung stared at the text, then to the following text by another member, Jimin - who had just joined after a few months the chat group was created - who argued that it was possible and scolded Yoongi for not reading enough fanfics to know that.

Taehyung laughed, but his mind was still registering the fact that he had just been called a girl by two new boys in the group. He wondered why the older members of the group didn't correct them about his gender, but he wondered even more to why he wasn't correcting it himself.

There was only one girl, as far as Taehyung knew, in the group and her name was Dara. Taehyung admitted that at some point he had started to like her but after a few days passed, Taehyung noticed through her texts to him and the other members that no, she had no interest in him at all.

Just the day before the incident of him being called a girl they all talked about their crushes and past experiences with love that he found out that Dara had a crush and had planned to confess after exams end. Taehyung stopped feeling anything for her then; he stopped finding hints for the possibilities of Dara liking him.

"I'm loving something right now," he found himself texting, and because Jimin was a really curious person he texted Taehyung personally, asking him what he was loving.

Jimin made some guesses - that he liked Jin, or Namjoon, and in capital letters Jimin playfully guessed that he liked Dara. It made him nervous for a few seconds before it occured to him that he had forgotten that he was a girl in Jimin's mind so he responds with a " YOU."

Jimin told him that he was mean.

Taehyung apologised immediately, laughing it off as a joke and Jimin continued with his guesses and eventually ended up with "It's not that you like me, is it?" and he inserted some slash-bricked-slash-thrown-off-a-cliff-slash.

Taehyung scrunched his face - why do guesses always end with someone liking someone; why cannot it be that he might like food or cars (though Jimin did mention pizza in one of his guesses).

"I like you," he texted, fingers gliding across the keyboard effortlessly as if they run with their own thoughts. He added some slashes as well, jokingly asking to be thrown into the drain.

But the response he got from Jimin was "Srsly O.O"

Taehyung avoided the topic after that and their personal messages died there that night.

The chats still continued in the group, and Jimin had participated in their talks. They were back to the topic about crushes and love experiences. Taehyung just read, as Jimin told his story - he'd liked a girl for so long and being in the same class for years didn't help. She was the first girl he'd ever confessed to. The only girl.

Somewhere after the topic had died down, Jimin added, "I hate it when people think that me being nice to them means that I like them. It's hard when we fall for someone who's nice to us."

Taehyung took a while to understand his words. It didn't fully sink in him, but the part where Jimin said about falling for someone who's nice to you, he couldn't help but feel that it's somehow referring to him.

Taehyung wasn't nice in his texts was he? He recalled his texts earlier that day and gulped when he remembered 'confessing' his love towards Jimin because the other's style of texting was cool and the group's been fun after he and Yoongi joined.

For the whole time after the exchange with Jimin, Taehyung didn't say anything to the group.

-

The next morning he didn't contribute any texts in the group, choosing to read the texts his friends sent about being stressed out with exams and school. He noticed that he took longer to read Jimin's messages, picking out any changes in his way of texting. Jimin's a little bit less cool than how he had texted yesterday, but that's obvious because the topic yesterday was on the girlgroup they all loved (the reason the chat group was created), so everyone was reasonably spastic.

That night, Taehyung was lying in bed, too lazy to go to the room next door to study. He went online and texted in the group, "I've been eating so much. I think I gained weight." He waited a little bit and added because he's curious, "How much do you guys weight?"

He got two responds - one from Jungkook (the youngest member in the group and the creator of the chat group), and another from Yoongi. Jungkook was four kilos lighter than Taehyung was, and knowing that Jungkook gets upset when his texts don't get replied to, he responded with, "You're so light Jungkook."

Taehyung noticed how happy Jungkook sounded with his reply, "I'm thin..hehe.."

Jungkook had a habit of using '..' everytime he texted. Taehyung was annoyed with it at first but he got used to it.

Another member, Junhong, responded with his weight and Taehyung got excited, even in the way he texted, "Hey! We've the same weight! How tall are you?"

He gaped when Junhong replied. "I'm just 180-185cm."

Taehyung glared at "Just."

He responded to the texts that kept coming from the other members, waiting for a certain person to join the talk. He couldn't help bouncing in his seat when Jimin did. He couldn't tell why he was so excited. Though Jimin didn't say anything about his weight.

Sensing the topic coming to an end, Taehyung texted, "But I really want your body Junhong."

He went offline and came back after a few minutes, and ten texts came in.

Namjoon: That sounds so wrong

Junhong: Ikr

Namjoon: V, are you a boy or a girl?

Junhong: Yeah

Jungkook: Haha..

Jimin: Junhong's surely liking it~

The rest of the texts were of the other members' "hahaha." The last text was, though, by Jimin with "Night guys." It wasn't even 8pm and Jimin's going to sleep?

There was something that made him feel that Jimin was jealous by the way he texted. Was he jealous? That V the girl said that he wants Junhong's body when just yesterday she confessed that she liked Jimin? Was Jimin taking everything seriously? Then again why was Taehyung thinking about this matter so seriously? Why Jimin? Why not the other members that thought that he was a girl?