Final

Through the Night

There are many things that Hannah survived on: breathing, going to the bathroom, eating, Kpop, and stalking Oh Sehun’s blog. She considers all of these a necessity, especially the last one.

Oh Sehun is a blogger on the other side of the spectrum, however. While Sehun blogs pretty pictures, Hannah reblogs pictures of Asian men (Sehun is also Asian; maybe that’s why she likes him so much). Sehun probably has ten thousand followers, if not more, and even though Hannah didn’t have a small amount of followers, she is nowhere near ten thousand. Sehun seems to be calm from all his posts and Hannah is just… fangirly (especially in her tags).

Hannah personally didn’t like to admit it but Sehun’s blog has become her guilty pleasure recently (plus the amount of selcas he posts are an extra bonus). Soon, she establishes that Sehun is senpai and she just wants senpai to notice her out of all the other nine thousand, ninety-nine or so followers. But honestly, how could he notice her?

 

“Ask me anything!”

The title glares at Hannah as her fingers hover over her keyboard. She is about to finally talk to senpai (on anon, of course) and to say she is nervous is a huge understatement. She doesn’t even know what to ask. Is she supposed to try to start a conversation or is she supposed to ask an actual question? This never happened to her before. She just… typed and talked. It always came naturally to her. But then again, this is Oh Sehun for god’s sake.

Letting her fingers act on their own, she types a quick message, reads it over ten times before deeming it decent (and not socially awkward), and clicks the send button. A second late, she realizes that she didn’t click the little box next to ‘Ask anonymously’. But she couldn’t change it now because the screen is now displaying ‘Thank you! Your question has been received.’

All Hannah could hope for for the first and only time is that Tumblr ate the message.

 

It didn’t.

After Hannah reblogs half of her dashboard and refreshes, she finds a little 1 next to the envelope on the top of her browser. Nervously, she waits for the page to load. Right above all the ridiculous fangirly messages she sends her friends, there is an answer from Oh Sehun himself. His answer is lighthearted as he thanks her for the message and asks how her day is going. Hannah is sure she died. Sehun is perfect, just too perfect. She finds herself back on his blog again with the same ‘Thank you! Your question has been received’ message on the screen. She gapes because she isn’t too sure what she sent. Did she say something incredibly stupid? What if she makes a fool out of herself? God damn it Tumblr, a sent inbox would be much appreciated.

When Hannah receives her reply from Sehun not too long after, she almost has a heart attack. He writes in his reply that he just checked out her blog and that he finds her posts and tags absolutely adorable and god what is he doing to her?

She spends the rest of her night curled up in her blanket and staring at her computer screen while she laughs and blushes at Sehun’s responses.

 

It’s amazing how some people just click. It’s amazing how some people can just start a conversation easily without freaking out about what to say next or worrying about how the other person would react. And as Hannah continues messaging Sehun through the night, then through the day, then through all the time, she starts to realize that they fit together, like two puzzle pieces that finally found each other, like lock and key to a treasure chest, like two halves of one whole that reunite. Hannah finds that she could barely last an hour without talking to Sehun at least once and Sehun seems to have the same thoughts because when a conversation of theirs dwindles off to ‘omg lol’ and ‘ikr’ as responses, he immediately starts a new topic (they never seem to run out of things to talk about).

 

One day, Sehun asks what her favorite groups are in Kpop and she tells him that he’ll regret asking but she still lists out all the groups she could think of on the top of her head. Instead of answering with an ok……, Sehun replies that he will listen to each and every one of them. A few hours later, Sehun messages her and tells her that the music is interesting and cool and he would love to listen to more of it. Hannah is pretty sure she’s in love (or maybe she fell a long time ago and she’s just sinking deeper).

 

They branch out from Tumblr. They exchange usernames and IDs and soon, Hannah has Sehun’s name somewhere on all her social media accounts. They even exchange numbers and Hannah is constantly attached to her phone now.

“It’s freaky,” a friend of hers remarks, “You guys are so close but I swear you only started talking two days ago.”

Hannah chats with Sehun effortlessly now, without having to worry about an ask limit that she might be reaching or if Tumblr somehow ate her most recent message. Eventually, Hannah gets over her initial camera shyness (and her insistent protests that she looks like a potato compared to Sehun) and they start video chatting. She still remembers the first time the video connects and Sehun appears on the screen, a bit grainy but just as good looking as he is in selcas. Hannah realizes at that point that she looks nowhere near attractive, bundled up in her blankets with hair sticking up in some places. She complains about it in her croaky, haven’t-socialized-in-ten-hours voice but Sehun laughs (god, his laugh was beautiful) and tells her in a smooth voice that she sounds perfectly fine and that she looks pretty. She splutters out a weird, incoherent response and Sehun smiles this time and tells her she’s cute and the only thing she could do was squeal, bury her face in her blanket and scream in her head that Sehun just called her cute. They talk through the night, Hannah buried nose deep in her comforter as Sehun continues to dazzle her. Although she expected some places to have awkward silences, there were none and Hannah thinks that Sehun might just be the one for her.

 

It’s a habit for her to talk with Sehun daily so when finals roll along and she doesn’t have time to socialize as much, she goes to sleep feeling empty. Sehun is busy on his side too and they both try to talk as much as they can but they find that finals are slowly taking over their free time.

When finals are done and taken care of, Hannah messages Sehun on Skype about it. He tells her that he’s got one more and she needs to wait for him. She replies back that she’ll wait forever for Sehun if she has to (when did she get so cheesy?) and Sehun just sends a less-than-three.

The day Sehun finishes his final, he finally connects to the webcam and sends Hannah a video call request. He has the biggest grin on his face and Hannah finds herself smiling along because as long as Sehun is happy, she’s just as happy. Later, when she drifts in and out of sleep, she finds that the emptiness from before is gone and now it’s replaced with happiness and beautiful smiles and video chats into the darkest of nights.

 

It’s on accident when Sehun finally confesses.

They’re sitting in a comfortable silence in front of their webcams and Hannah is checking out the link that Sehun just sent her when he suddenly blurts, “I really really like you, Hannah.”

She stares in bewilderment at Sehun, fingers hovered over her keyboard. “What?”

Sehun blushes and ducks his head, biting his lip. “I, uh, like you a lot, Hannah. Like more than friend like.”

Hannah is in such a huge state of shock that she just asks, “Why?”

At this, Sehun stares straight into the camera, completely serious. “Why not? You’re amazing and pretty and adorable and smart. You stay up just to talk to me. And then your voice is so beautiful. And I might be crazy because I think your obsession over Kpop is cute even if other people don’t think so and because of you, I’m listening to more groups from my own country that I never even heard of until you. I just- I, you’re just too perfect,” Sehun breathes.

Hannah is still surprised from the “I really, really like you” that all she could muster was a “What?” 

Sehun exhaled loudly. “I am not repeating that.”

“Wait, you like me?”

“Yes, yes I do. More than you can probably imagine.”

They sit in silence after that. Sehun is shifting a bit uneasily on his side but he patiently waits for Hannah to recover.

“Well, um, Sehun. I like you too. A lot. In a not friend way too. And I think you’re perfect. And I may or may not have liked you before you even started talking to me,” Hannah says, curling into her blanket even more.

Sehun stares, just stares. Hannah chuckles hesitantly, “You’re freaking me out. Say something?”

“Wow,” Sehun says and a smile breaks out on his face and Hannah is sure that it’s his most beautiful smile to date. “Where does this leave us then?”

Hannah shrugs. “I dunno. What do you want it to be left as?”

“My girlfriend all the way in America.”

Hannah chokes on her spit. She pounds her chest and struggles to regain her regular breathing.

“Are you okay?” Sehun asks worriedly, peering at her through the webcam.

“Yeah. Fine,” Hannah manages to say. “Girlfriend?”

“Yep. And now you have a boyfriend in Korea.”

Hannah shakes her head. “I think I can deal with that.”

 

They more or less have the same routine. Wake up, go to school, do homework as humanly fast as possible, then talk through the rest of the night. The only difference now is that when their video calls end, Sehun would blow a kiss and tell her not to miss her boyfriend in Korea too much. At these times, Hannah just kind of wants Sehun to be next to her so she can smack the heck out of him. And then kiss him. Definitely kissing.

 

On a hot summer day when Sehun has to fan himself with some of his homework to keep cool and Hannah ditches the blanket, she tells him the great news.

“I’m going to Korea for the summer!” She squeals, wriggling on her bed.

Sehun brightens and he leans forward, face shining. “Are you serious?”

“Yeah, we’re even going to be in Seoul! I’m so excited!” Hannah brings up a fist to to stop herself from fangirling too loud.

The homework in Sehun’s hand crunches as Sehun breaks into a huge smile. Then, when he realizes that he just crushed his homework, he hurriedly tries to smooth it out, the smile on his face turning a bit sheepish. Hannah simply laughs.

“That’s amazing. How long are you staying?” Sehun asks when he places his homework somewhere else.

“I think about two weeks?” Hannah tilts her head as she tries to remember what she had been told.

“That’s still not enough time for me to hang out with you,” Sehun pouts. “I can have all of eternity and I still won’t have enough time.”

“Oh, shut up. You’re too cheesy.” But Hannah blushes nonetheless. She absolutely can’t wait until school is over.

 

It takes about 15 hours of flying in the air trapped in a crappy economy class seat with people squished on both sides before the plane finally lands in Korea. Hannah can already feel the excitement coursing through her veins despite the jet lag because somewhere in that airport, Sehun is waiting. For her. They discussed it the day before she left that he would meet her at the airport and they had sat, staring dumbly at their screens because this is actually happening.

When Hannah files out of the airplane with her parents and sisters, she’s practically jumping as she scans the airport for Sehun. Her parents tell her to watch the luggage while they all go to the restroom but she barely hears them. She’s too excited to finally see her boyfriend and she doesn’t realize there’s somebody behind her until arms snake around her waist.

Hannah immediately whirls around, ready to swat away the person, when she sees a familiar face. “Sehun,” she breathes.

“Hannah,” Sehun grins and god, that smile is even more amazing in real life than it is through a computer screen.

“You’re so tall,” she observes as she tilts her head back to see him properly.

“You’re just short.”

“Hey,” she smacks his arm and wow, she did not expect them to be this toned.

“Just telling the truth,” he shrugs and then he buries his nose in her hair. “I’ve waited so long for this moment.”

“Me too,” she murmurs. Then, a realization hits her and she almost pushes away Sehun because her family. But then, nah, screw them for right now. She’s been waiting for this moment just as long as Sehun has (maybe even longer) and her family isn’t going to ruin it for her. For now, she’s going to focus on the fact that she fits perfectly in Sehun’s arms and that Sehun smells nice and that Sehun is absolutely, positively right for her.

 

Epilogue

“Hey, reblog that for me.” 

 

 

A/N This looks so short for some reason. It's only 2k words I guess, maybe that's why OTL Also, this may or may not be one of my dream relationships but shhhh, you didn't hear that. Hope you enjoyed it ^^ (I can hear Hannah screaming off in the distance at the tag)