Crush

Crush
    

Carpe dium. Seize the day. With those words ringing through his ears Youngjae woke up. Often he would love to succumb to he dark dreariness of his dreamless sleep, but today was different. He would be different. Seize the day.

    

Humming softly to himself, muttering lyrics to a song from the nineties he had bought at a flea market for seventy five cents, he got dressed. Buttoning up his old, white uniform shirt, which he had bleached the hell out of so the bloodstains and fear would wash out, choosing a black pair of skinny jeans, it was all the same. He ran a brush through his longish chestnut brown hair and while lacing his boots he thought about his day. He would break free from the iron grip of monotony, it would be different. Today was the day. Things would change, he would change.

    

Youngjae sprinted down the stairs, grabbing his grey uniform blazer. Hearing his mother scream breakfast was ready, he grabbed a slice of toast to make the woman happy. Youngjae grabbed his backpack, ran out the door, screaming goodbye back to her, and then chucked the piece of toast to the birds. He never ate breakfast, if he was 'chubby' like he was in nineth grade, people would hate him even more. He really didn't need any more insults.

    

Youngjae's worn out boots pounded against pavement, sprinting to his bus stop. After a couple of blocks he slowed to a jog, and then a walk, looking at the grey sky. Arriving at his bus stop, he pulled out his battered, old flip-phone to check the time. He was shocked out of his trance by a familiarly annoying voice.

    

"Jae! Still as depressed-looking as ever! You should really get a new phone." Himchan's low voice rang through the cold winter air. Himchan was lacking in the manners department, but he really did mean well, or so Youngjae hoped. Himchan teased everybody but he didn't mean it... right?

    

The two boarded the nearly empty school bus. Being he second stop, they got to ride the sparsely populated vehicle for a long while and choose almost any seat. Youngjae preferred the middle, people didn't really notice other students there. He relaxed in the isle, stretching out his legs and sighing tiredly. Youngjae's mouth downturned in a frown when he heard a familiar whistle.

    

"Hey genius! Gimme the answers to the math homework, kay? I'll give you... A tictac?" Junhong asked in his annoying voice. Everything about him was completely bothersome. His ridiculous height, which he always bragged about, his voice, all of his personality. He was purely annoying.

    

"No. Go to hell." Youngjae's voice was filled with venom. Junhong sighed and opened his mouth to speak, used to how Youngjae acted around him. Youngjae whipped around his head to glare at the bothersome boy, seething with rage that the sophomore had never seen. Junhong, very much afraid, turned and jogged to the back of the bus. Youngjae smiled, the boy was very irksome, like a splinter that you can't seem to be rid of. 'That should have him keep quiet for a week or so.' he thought.

----

    

The day continued normally, with math, which was as boring as ever, and then English. Classes passed by, students light steps turning into a blur. The dull monotony of the morning was broken when Yongguk, a senior in Youngjae's home ec class, shoved the smaller into a corner. That class ended with Youngjae covered in cooking supplies. Completely normal.

    

The rest of the day went by in a blur. It only slowed down for lunch where the school's local pothead, Jongup, offered Youngjae drugs for the fithtieth time. Youngjae turned down the muscular teen's offer and felt free when lunch ended. He only has gym left and then he was free from school. Sadly for Youngjae, his mortal enemy, Jung Daehyun, was in his gym. However today was Friday, dodgeball day. And Youngjae was the king of dodgeball.

    

It was an odd story how Youngjae began to hate Jung Daehyun. The two were friends in elementary school, playing tag together. In middle school, however, things changed. Daehyun got popular, while Youngjae was shoved to the sidelines. In high school Daehyun just gained more popularity while Youngjae was isolated and ostracized. In his sophomore year Daehyun asked Youngjae out. Youngjae turned him down immediately and the boy decided to make Youngjae's life a living hell. He succeeded.

---

    

Youngjae smiled, grabbing the dodgeball. He had a target, and he was going to hit it hard. Like a pitcher winding up for the throw he leaned back and with one throw hit Jung freaking Daehyun in the face. With a disastrous cacophony every single soul in the gym, save for Youngjae, ran to the boy's aid. Youngjae's singular thrown gym ball that had hit Daehyun square in the face had done a good deal of damage. He was bleeding from the nose and a bruise was already forming.

'Serves him right' Youngjae thought, still proud that he had that much power. Eventually the game resumed, Daehyun being out of course. It was nice to see that he could do that much damage. Luckily Youngjae's team won, but he was already in a good mood. It was rare, him being that happy. 'Might as well treasure it as it lasts.' Youngjae thought, grinning as he walked into the locker room. He had changed and was reaching for his backpack when a voice jolted him up.

"Honestly Youngjae, you shouldn't have hit me like that. It's like you're asking me to torment you." Daehyun sneered, walking close to Youngjae.

"It's called retaliation, ." Youngjae hissed, grabbing his backpack, almost hitting Daehyun's face. "Oops, I really didn't mean to." Youngjae mocked, watching the bleach blonde in front of him go red with anger.

"I practically own this school. Don't around with me." Daehyun frowned, slamming Youngjae in the lockers. Generally Youngjae wouldn't be doing this, he'd just be quiet. But not today, he had a plan.

"I bet you would like that. But I don't date s. So not today. Go bother someone else." Youngjae sneered, feeling everso more confident than usual with the knowledge of his plan.

"I'm afraid you'll have to talk to me later, schools out." Daehyun stated as the schoolbell rang. Youngjae dashed ahead of the crowd of rowdy high school students, pulling his backpack straps down so he could move faster. Taking a sharp left he dashed into the supply closet to grab one of the larger solid wood baseball bats. Perfect.

Swinging one of the bats he waited for his victims to leave the gym hall. He knew Daehyun and his annoying friends well, they were always five minutes late.

"Oh hey Youngjae! Why are you late? Usually you take the bus..." Junhong trailed off as he stared at the baseball bat in Youngjae's hands. Looking a little frightened he started to walk past Youngjae but was stopped before he could reach the door. Youngjae swung the bat into the teen's side and with a loud crack the younger screamed. Youngjae stood stock still, shocked by his own strength until Junhong feebly tried to grab the bat. Youngjae swung the bat over his head and dealt a blow to the boy's head. With a loud crack he was on the floor, blood pooling from his head. Youngjae stepped over the still body, waiting for others to come.

"JUNHONG!" Jongup yelled, running forward towards the fallen boy. 'How cliche.' Youngjae thought, swinging his baseball bat around. He waited until the school's pothead came close enough and the swung the bat as hard as he could. With a sickening thud and a yell of terror Jongup lay on the floor, completely still, a good sized dent in his forehead, the baseball bat turned out to be a good weapon. If he was dead Youngjae didn't care. All the better, it was one person less to bother him.

"Huh, I always thought I was bad at baseball." Youngjae scratched his head, surprised by his own strength. Looking down at the body, he was surprised by a yell, thinking it was from the boy on the floor.

"What the hell is going on here?" Himchan yelled, exiting the locker room. Himchan took forever to get ready, so it figured that he didn't even notice two of his friends screaming in pain. Youngjae calmly walked towards the blonde and swung his bat into the elder's neck. Himchan's eyes went wide with pain and shock, falling over. Youngjae slammed his bat straight into Himchan's neck multiple times until the boy's neck cracked and blood began to gush out. Youngjae watched the dying boy grab uselessly at his neck until the bleeding stopped and he was still.

"Dead as a doorknob." Youngjae stated, kicking the collapsed body. Himchan certainly didn't look as pretty when his neck was split open and covered in blood, his face wound up in a grimace.

Youngjae jogged down the hall to the gym where Yongguk always practiced basketball after school. He heard the elder boy's quick breathing and the sounds of sneakers slamming down on the gym floor. If he timed it right, Youngjae could walk up behind Yongguk and kill him without the elder knowing until it was too late. 'One, two, three, now.' Youngjae counted down until it was time for him to run in. As quietly as he could he walked up behind the taller boy who was shooting at the three point line.

Youngjae raised the bat high over his head and slammed it down over Youngguk's skull. The other teen had whipped around, fear coloring his face as the baseball bat smashed into the top of his head. A deep dent formed as Youngjae pulled away, walking backwards. Yongguk fell over, blood pooling from the wound. If he wasn't already dead then he would be soon. Youngjae walked to the gym doors, and as he was about to open them they swung open by themselves. There stood Jung Daehyun, still looking good, even with the large bruise on the bridge of his nose. Daehyun stared at Yongguk's corpse, then at the bloody baseball bat in Youngjae's right hand.

"Oh," Daehyun only sounded mildly surprised "just so you and I could be alone? How sweet." Daehyun chuckled self-centeredly.

"You really don't get this, do you? I. Dont. Like you." Youngjae glared angrily at the boy standing in front of him, his fists clenching until they turned white. Daehyun opened his mouth to speak and before he could stop himself Youngjae moved forward.

If Daehyun was expecting a kiss from Youngjae, then he was definitely surprised as Youngjae swung the baseball bat straight into his nose. Blood spurted over the bat and a loud crunch was heard, Youngjae had broken his nose. The younger swung the bat into Daehyun's head again, a loud crack ringing out when Youngjae smashed the bat into the side of Daehyun's head. The elder collapsed on the ground like jello as Youngjae hit him with the bat several more times, making sure he was dead.

"Good riddance." Youngjae snarled, spitting on the body. He dropped the baseball bat next to the corpse and walked away, his job done. 

----

"Youngjae dear, how was school today?" Youngjae's mother asked sweetly at the dinner table.

"A lot better than usual," Youngjae grinned. "Daehyun stopped bullying me." he chuckled quietly to himself.

______________

Author's note

So this wasnt as sweet as the description said. But yay for gore (except for Mintypetals)! So I'm sorry for people who originally subscribed, thinking this wasnt gore. But comments/upvotes/subscribing make my day. Boo you silent readers.