My Love Is Yours (Epilogue to Your Love Is Mine)

My Love Is Yours (Epilogue to Your Love Is Mine)

“Sungmin, where are you?” Kyuhyun asked over the phone. I was at the cashier counter making payment when I received his phone call. Struggling to balance the mobile phone against one ear with my shoulder, several shopping bags on one arm while fumbling though my wallet and fishing out money to foot the bill.

“Kyu, wait a sec.” I said and placed the phone on the countertop before concentrating on counting the bills for the two young ladies manning the cashier counter. I could hear them gushing not too softly over my looks and I tried hard not to blush. I handed them the appropriate amount of money, pick up my mobile phone and bid them goodbye with a smile. They gushed louder, the tamer one calling out Bye gorgeous, Merry Christmas!  and the bolder one shouted Bye y! You can have me for Christmas!  Many heads turned to look at us and I blushed a crimson red. I lowered my head and exited the place in quick steps. Remembering Kyuhyun’s call, I held the phone up to my ear again.

“Kyu, sorry to keep you waiting. I was making payment just now.”I apologised.

“I can hear those crazy girls. Where exactly are you?“ Kyuhyun asked sounding jealous and my lips curled up in a smile.

“I’m at the mall doing some Christmas shopping.” I replied as I stepped out of the mall looking for a taxi stand. “I’m done now. I’ll be home soon.”

“Min, why didn’t you let me come along with you this time? I’m so tired of playing computer games at home.” He complained childishly.

“Because…” I stalled. “I have a surprise for you!” I said sounding excited. “Tell you what, let’s meet for dinner.” I suggested. “How about we meet at Breaks Steakhouse here at the mall?”

“Affirmative, I’ll be right there.” Kyuhyun agreed instantly, still in game mode. “Will I get my surprise when I get there?”

“Affirmative, soldier.” I replied and giggled. “There should be a line of people waiting to be seated. Look for me in the queue, okay?”

“Aye aye, my love.” With that, he hung up. I smiled and replaced the phone into my back pocket.

I walked back into the shopping mall and headed towards the stretch of restaurants where Breaks Steakhouse was. Along the way, I noticed people staring and pointing their fingers at me, whispering among themselves. Some girls were outright squealing, a handful of them with mouths opened, seemingly saying wow. It was uncomfortable but I knew this was the consequence that I have to pay for my rash action. I held my head high but not enough to seem proud and joined the queue at the entrance to the steakhouse. It was not an uncommon practice nowadays for patrons to be handed a menu for browsing while waiting to be served in order to save time and to facilitate faster turnaround.

A young and pretty waitress came up to me timidly and handed me a menu which I gladly received from her. I smiled and thanked her. She gave a tight-lipped squeal while hiding the lower half of her face behind the stack of menus in her hands as she looked at me with stars in her eyes. My smile widened and her eyes nearly popped out of her sockets.

“Do you need help with the menu, Mister?” She asked in a controlled voice, trying hard to keep her excitement at bay. Actually, I already knew what I wanted, Kyuhyun’s as well but I decided to indulge her. I looked at her name tag and noted that her name was Eunji, Seo Eunji. Cute name for an equally cute girl, I thought.

“Sure, what do you suggest?” I asked while handing back the menu. I saw her take a deep breath, inched closer to me and started pointing out the favourites from it, taking her time recommending. I didn’t mind the distraction while waiting. Better that than having to be conscious of all the gawking.

* * *

Kyuhyun reached the mall in record time, again. He strode towards the restaurant after parking his car at the basement carpark. He was looking around for me when he arrived at the agreed destination but couldn’t locate me anywhere. He tried to single me out from the line of people but failed. No one in the queue resembled his boyfriend, Kyuhyun thought and frowned. Well, except the guy with golden blond hair. His side was facing Kyuhyun but his face was blocked by a waitress discussing with him on the menu she had in her hands. He couldn’t be bothered to double check as his Sungmin had black hair.

Thinking that he had probably got the place wrong, he fished out his mobile phone to call me. He was about to press the first speed dial number when he heard my laughter. He looked up in time to see the waitress stepped away and bowed politely at the golden boy and then proceeded back into the restaurant with a blushing face.

The golden boy was none other than myself, his boyfriend, Lee Sungmin.

Now, shock was an understatement. Kyuhyun stood there staring in awe at the brightness in front of him. My golden blond hair complimented my fair skin, emphasising the baby soft smoothness of it. I was wearing a baby pink hoodie, khaki pants and white track shoes. Drapped over my arm was a chocolate brown fleece overcoat, a shoulder bag slung across my chest and holding on to several shopping bags in my hands.

People often told me that I looked more like a teenager than someone in his twenties and I had to agree. Kyuhyun suspected that I could very well set hearts aflutter everywhere I go with the new hair. His suspicions were confirmed when he saw a group of three young girls in school uniform who were queuing a few spots ahead of myself turned to look dreamily at me. They were cooing and awing, snickering and gossiping among themselves while looking shyly at me. I noticed them and smiled in return. The girls openly squealed in excitement and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. Then he noticed more people joined in the staring, both man and woman, young and old and that I was getting visibly uncomfortable with all the attention.

That’s it. No way he was sharing.

* * *

Kyuhyun called my name and strode up to me. I was happy to see him and mentally thanked the Lord for my boyfriend’s timely arrival. Then he pulled me toward his chest for a quick hug and pecked me on my cheek. I smiled shyly up at him and then shook my head slightly in reproval. He returned me a lazy smile before focusing on the people around us with a smug expression, telling them to back off. Most of them did but the three school girls. They cooed and awed harder. From that, I could tell that they were not ignorant about boyxboy relationships and were probably enjoying the live performance. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at them and then turned back to me to help me carry the shopping bags.

Our table was available for us soon after. The same pretty waitress ushered us in to a corner table by the window. It was a good spot as a tall potted plant separated us from the main dining area and the window was mostly covered with Christmas decals on special lunch and dinner promotions for the holidays. Kyuhyun placed the shopping bags on the floor by the window and removed his overcoat before draping it over the back of his chair. I did the same.

“Kyu, I have ordered the usual for you beforehand. Is it okay?” I asked even though I knew he would be fine with it.

“Ribs and a quarter chicken with fries?” He asked and I nodded. “Brilliant.” He smiled and pinched my cheek.

“How is it? Do you like my new hair? Do I look festive?” I asked beaming him a smile and turned my head from left to right and again for him to have a better look.

“Extremely.”Kyuhyun smirked and lifted a hand to finger my blond strands. “I love it, it’s adorable.”

“Eh? Adorable? I wanted it to be y.” I complained.

“y too but more adorable.”Kyuhyun said. I shrugged and turned my head to face the window, using the reflection to arrange any stray hair but found none. I sighed as I looked at my reflection, I do look cute in this hair.

“Min, did you do that for me?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Yes! it’s part of your Christmas present. Were you surprised?” I asked expectantly, leaning forward and looking at him with big round eyes.

“Very.” He said and reached out a hand to my cheek. I smiled and leaned into his hand. “Your new hair compliments your features so well. So pure, so white, so ethereal.”

“Are you trying to say I’m ghostly?” I asked with a flat face.

“No, of course not! Don’t be silly.” Kyuhyun defended. “I know one word that describes you perfectly.” Kyuhyun said trying to salvage the situation.

“Really? What is it?” I asked, eager to know.

“Beautiful.” Kyuhyun breathed out and I promptly blushed. “I’m not lying you know. Ask anyone and they will tell you the same thing.” He added.

“I originally wanted to have it coloured a copper brown but the hairstylist advised that I will look good in this instead and told me to be brave. So I did.” I said with mock bravado. “Glad that you liked it.”

“I love you, no matter how you look, Min.” Kyuhyun said chessily and I laughed. “However,” He said allowing a pregnant pause and I looked at him questioningly. “You attract too much attention, I’m sure you noticed that.” Kyuhyun said and I sighed deeply while my body slumped.

“I noticed and it was uncomfortable.” I admitted with a pout. Kyuhyun reached out a finger to flick at my lower lip.

“Be warned, I am not one to share so if they do more than look, I am going to start whacking heads.” Kyuhyun warned and I laughed.

“Whack head?” I laughed harder. “That sounded vulgar”.

“Your CPU is corrupted.” Kyuhyun, the IT expert said with a smirk, pointing to my head. “I’ll help your fix it later tonight.” I promptly blushed.

Just then, our food arrived and we dug in. He fed me some of his ribs and I fed him some of my fish. He cleaned my mouth of tartar sauce with a tissue and we played footsie under the table. Chessy right? Don’t mind us. We were so in love.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Donghae and Ryeowook were surprised with my new hair colour and commented on how brave I was. Everyone I met complimented on my new hair. The girls were cooing and the guys were gawking, even the married ones. I swear I saw looks of desire in some of their eyes. I was often cornered by both male and female colleagues in the office asking for a date. I rejected nicely, of course and Kyuhyun didn’t have to know. He would probably tender my resignation on my behalf and locked me at home. I shivered at that thought.

The company announced a year-end Buffet Christmas party on Christmas Eve for all staff. Each department would be appointed with certain tasks by means of drawing lots. Naturally, not everyone was happy with the results of the draw. Our Marketing department was in charge of the Christmas decorations in the large fifth floor meeting room where the activities were to be held. We were also to setup the makeshift stage, tables and chairs. Kyuhyun’s IT department was spared from the nerve-wrecking method of decision. They were specifically assigned to oversee the lights and sounds. Kyuhyun enlisted my help in shortlisting some Christmas carols for the party and I was glad to help. Needless to say, my all time favourite, All I Want For Christmas Is You” was included as one of them.

Ryeowook had wanted our department to be in charge of food but too bad, the task landed on the lap of the Finance department. The staff from the Customer Care department was complaining about their lack of knowledge in the area of Entertainment. Donghae grabbed the golden opportunity and suggested Eunhyuk’s professional dance group to perform a couple of modern dances that night on top of engaging a stand-up comedian. With Donghae’s good looks and charms, they adopted his ideas readily. I was mighty glad that we did not land ourselves the worst task ever – clearing up and cleaning, all thanks to Yesung and his lucky small hand. Loud sighs of relief were heard every time a department representative drew tasks other than the cleaning one. The claws of that distasteful time-consuming arduous chore caught hold of the Administrative department. The all-ladies team in that department expressed their discontent by whining like cackling geese. I pitied them but that’s all I offered, pity. Sorry.

I, together with three more colleagues was assigned to get new decorative ornaments, balloons and streamers to decorate the meeting room. Ryeowook was to set up the Christmas tree. Donghae did what he does best – nag. No lah, just kidding, although he was good at nagging too but this time round he offered to set up the makeshift stage. We all guessed that his sudden enthusiasm stemmed from the fact that his boyfriend will be here to perform and so a sturdy stage is a must. He roped in a few more colleagues to help him. The rest of our colleagues were all given other jobs to do. Yesung will oversee the expenditure to ensure that we stayed within our budget and also supervise our progress.

It was only a week away from Christmas Eve and all of us had to work fast to get the meeting room ready. After discussing with my three colleagues, we agreed that I would get the stuff and they will decorate the room. I was grateful to Kyuhyun who accompanied me to the shopping mall after work to get the necessary items otherwise I would be lugging heavy shopping bags back to the office on my own.

Everything was going as planned. Kyuhyun himself was busy with the lights and sound setup. Plus, the company would be implementing a new software system which enhanced efficiency and reduced duplication in work processes. He was frequently involved in meetings with his colleagues and software suppliers to brainstorm and to iron out kinks before going live so we hardly see each other during working hours and sadly, that included lunch time. His meetings and work often required him to work overtime so I had dinner by myself oftentimes. Donghae and Ryeowook were very kind to invite me to dinner with them. I did join them once but rejected most of it because I did not want to intrude on their lovey dovey times together with their respective boyfriends. Buying take outs or cooking a simple meal became a norm recently. I would include Kyuhyun’s share so that he would not go to bed on an empty stomach when he came back home at night, knowing that he would be too engrossed in his work and taking his meals was not on his priority list. Due to the recent increased in work load, Kyuhyun was more often than not shagged, both mentally and physically. He would be home late for his dinner, shower and then cuddle with me before falling asleep shortly. We did not engage in the act for four days already. That in itself was a record. I was but not wanting to put pressure on Kyuhyun, I got myself off in the bathroom while he slept.

Honestly, I missed my sticky Kyuhyun but I do not want to burden him anymore than he already was by bringing that up. I messaged him a couple of times a day to make sure he eats his meals and told him not to worry about me and that I will see him at home. He always replied me, not matter how short his reply was and I was grateful.

Oh, did I mention that I had moved into Kyuhyun’s apartment? I did and have no regrets. I had put up my apartment for rent but there were no takers yet. Nevermind that, I was not in need of money anyway. Needless to say, we shared the master bedroom together. Everything else was there but my work clothes were temporarily placed in the guest room seeing that there was not enough wardrobe space to house mine. Kyuhyun said that he would be getting a bigger wardrobe for us. He officially received me into his house with welcome that night. He had bought a without my knowing, that sneaky man. It was extra mind-blowing, seriously. Our lovemaking felt somehow different knowing that neither one of us would need to leave for our own homes after that.

Remember the terrible twin hickeys that I had given Kyuhyun the other time? He was teased to no end when he went back to the office the following day. Heechul especially, did not take too kindly to his silence. He followed Kyuhyun around like a leech and wouldn’t let Kyuhyun have a moment of peace with his incessant questions. He wanted answers and Kyuhyun ignoring him was further igniting his temper and also his curiosity. Then, nerd Kibum casually mentioned that he saw Kyuhyun and I at a supermarket shopping for groceries together and Heechul smirked. He raised his eyebrows at Kyuhyun and put on a sly smile. Kyuhyun pulled Heechul to a corner and admitted our relationship to him but warned the latter to shut his trap or risked losing him. Heechul understood but that doesn’t stop him from teasing Kyuhyun endlessly, though my name was never mentioned.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Today was Christmas Eve. Everything had gone according to plan. The meeting room was nicely decorated. The Christmas tree that Ryeowook put up was so spectacular that they ought to give him a variable bonus for being so creative. The buffet spread was mouth watering. Flickering decorative lights adorned the stage and windows and soft Christmas carols were playing from the overhead speakers. It was perfect.

Kyuhyun’s meeting ended later than expected and so he was lucky to miss the CEO’s boringly long speech. After the speech ended, we applauded with enthusiasm because it was finally over. Kyuhyun rushed down to join the party after his meeting ended. He had messaged me to meet him at the fifth floor lift lobby and I complied. The lift ding and the door opened to reveal a grinning Kyuhyun. I smiled and reached out to hold his outstretched hand and had expected him to walk out of the lift when he pulled me inside instead. My hands landed on his chest and I looked up at him in surprise. He reached out a hand to press on a floor button and the lift door closed. His arms then slipped around my waist to hold me to him. He looked at me adoringly and then lowered his head to kiss me on my lips. I missed him terribly but now was not the time.

“Kyu, we should join the party. People are going to ask for us.” I said after breaking away from the kiss.

“In a minute.” Kyuhyun whispered and pressed his forehead to mine. “God, I missed you so damn much.” Kyuhyun then tipped my head up with a finger to my chin and pressed kisses to my forehead, nose, cheeks and lastly my lips where he lingered.

“I missed you too.”I murmured and hooked my arms around his neck and kissed him on his lips, then snuggled my face into the crook of his neck again. “Are you done with the software implementation thingy?”

“Yeah, finally.” Kyuhyun said with a sigh. “We will go live next week.”

“Good. You know you owe me big time, right?” I breathed out against his neck and he grinned.

“I’ll definitely make it up to you, baby. I promise.” Came Kyuhyun’s reply. “Every day if I must to make up for neglecting you.” Just then the lift ding and Kyuhyun grabbed my hand and pulled me out.

“Kyu, are we going to the rooftop?” I asked even though I knew the answer.

“Yup. I hope you don’t mind but I desperately need to replenish on your kisses first before going back in there.” Kyuhyun cheerily replied and pulled me to a secluded corner with little illumination from a weak wall lamp. I promptly blushed.

“How could I mind when I myself wanted to kiss you badly.” I said after taking a deep breath and angle my face up to him while looping my arms around his waist. He cupped my cheeks with his hands and scrutinised my face, taking in the details of my facial features like it was the first time and my hair. I smiled sweetly at him and he caressed my cheeks lovingly.

“You are so beautiful, my little angel. I feel so blessed.” Kyuhyun began and placed a kiss on my forehead. “I thank the Lord for giving you to me.” He then kissed me on my nose. “I thank you for loving me.” He kissed me on my cheeks. “I love you, Sungmin. With all my heart.” Then his lips landed on mine.

It started off as an innocent kiss, his lips pressed on mine which slowly progressed to sliding and nibbling on my lower lip. I opened my mouth and his tongue slipped in. Even with the introduction of tongues, our kisses were lacking the usual intensity. It was kept at a slower pace where we could enjoy each other’s warmth and basked in our love. My arms slid upwards to wind around his neck and he tightened his hold on my back. He pressed his lips onto mine and I was forced to tilt my head back. He was gradually adding pressure so much so that my back was bent backwards. I would have fallen on my if not for the strong hold he had on my waist and a hand cradling the back of my scalp, fingers threaded through my blond hair. I moaned against his mouth and clung on to him tightly, soft kissy sounds were audible. He slowly straightened our bodies without breaking this kiss.

The heat started building when he ed me unconsciously while our lips were still engaged. It got worse when he slipped his hands down onto my butts and hauled me towards him, sending our semi-hard s colliding. He moaned lustfully while I cussed. I have never wished to be back home so badly or for a bed to magically materialise so much. Drawing out mental images of us pulling at each other’s clothes and on each other’s skin from my memory bank was enough to drive me crazy and my hands itched badly to turn it into reality. However, I knew we couldn’t afford to indulge when we still have a party to return to. Also, I was not comfortable with making love on the dirty concrete floor or against the weather beaten wall of the rooftop. Reluctantly, I pulled away before we got too carried away. I wanted to save that  for last when I present him with his Christmas gift. We were both panting away as we stared into each other’s eyes. It was a while before I spoke.

“Kyu, I would love to continue kissing you but not here out in the cold where our asses are at risk of being frozen.” We both shivered when a gust of chilly wind swept past us. Our boners were easily willed down in the rapidly falling temperature. I clung onto him to get as much body heat as possible.

“Yeah, you are right. Let’s continue when we get back home. I can’t wait to give you your present.” Kyuhyun was understanding and did not push it. He pecked my lips one more time, wrapped one of his arm on my shoulder and we walked towards the lift landing.

“Me too. I’m pretty sure you are going to like my gift to you an awful lot.” I grinned up at him.

“You better be sure of that because your is literally at stake.” Kyuhyun warned good-naturedly while smirking.

“Why do I feel apprehensive about this?” I murmured and pouted at him.

“I planned this all week, my dear Minnie. You should  feel apprehensive.” Kyuhyun said and moved to loop the arm that was around my shoulder onto my neck, pulling me closer to him.

“When? In your sleep? You barely have time to eat.” I commented sounding surprised. The lift arrived and we stepped in.

“Min, I can’t help thinking of you every minute of every day because you kept lurking around in my sub-conscious. It was hard to concentrate on anything else.” Kyuhyun feigned annoyance.

“Lurking?! Excuse me mister, I am into no sneaky business.” I scoffed faking unhappiness. “And was that a complaint I just heard from you?” I looked away trying hard to hide a smile. He tilted his head out to look at my reflection in the mirrored interior of the lift and laughed at my effort.

“No, my love.” Kyuhyun began and angled my face back to him with one hand, holding my gaze. “It just meant that you are always on my mind, your love filled the entirety of my heart and I can’t live without you.” Kyuhyun said cheesily and pecked me on my lips. I sighed and felt myself drowning in cheese.

“Damn you, Kyu, I am melting.” I gazed lovingly at him and my body went slacked against his. I lifted a finger to poke his right and he gasped. “I have just pressed the pause button, please resume when we get back home.” I said with a mischievous smile.

“Anything for you, sweetheart.” With that, the lift dinged and the door opened to the fifth floor. Kyuhyun had rearranged his arm back to his sides by then. As we stepped out of the lift, he gave my a squeeze and I yelped but recovered quickly when a colleague stepped out of the meeting room and headed to our direction. Wait till we get home, Kyuhyun. I mentally smirked.

We got back to the party in time to watch Eunhyuk and his dance mates performing a modern dance. They were really good with the catchy tune, powerful hip and hand stands. Even Kyuhyun was impressed. The dance ended to thunderous applauds from the audience. Eunhyuk was beaming and basking in all the attention. The room lit up further with his bright gummy smiles. From my position, I could see Donghae beaming an equally bright smile up the stage at his boyfriend and clapping his hands vigorously.

Next on the program list was a stand-up comedy. The comedian had positioned himself on stage and was about to start when Heechul stepped up and kind of shoved him aside before commandeering the microphone and speaking to the audience in his neatly pressed suit. Everybody started complaining and booing at him to get off the stage.

“I know, I know. Thank you very much.” Heechul said while smirking as if the people were sending him compliments instead. “Now, we all know that he,” He pointed to the comedian. “Is here to entertain us next. However, I have used my discretion to add a small interlude for all of you here.”His voice boomed off the speaker. “I’m sure you all didn’t know that one of our fellow colleagues here can sing very  well.” Heechul’s eyes swept the room as if searching for someone. “He has a beautiful voice and is especially skilled in singing cheesy love ballads.” The audience started guessing on the identity of the singer and then someone shouted Who?  Heechul smiled but ignored the question. His eyes continued to sweep the room and finally landed on me. My eyes widened and I panicked. It couldn’t be me, I can’t sing to save my life. Was he going to prank me? “He didn’t know I heard him in the washroom the other day. He must have thought that everyone had left for the day but I was lucky to have heard him sing.” He smiled at me and I almost broke out in cold sweat. Some people followed his line of gaze and looked at me. I visibly gulped. “Without further ado, let us put our hands together and welcome him on stage.” Heechul smirked and his eyes left my face and focused on the person next to me. “Cho Kyuhyun. Please.”

Loud gasps and murmuring were heard among the audience. I turned to look up at Kyuhyun and found him glaring daggers at Heechul. Though his expression was somewhat neutral, I knew he was fuming inside judging from his hard glare. He didn’t move an inch though.

“I know you are in love. Take this opportunity to sing a love song to that someone.” Heechul pressed on with a sly smirk. Kyuhyun continued to glare, still not moving. “Come on, Kyuhyun, you wouldn’t want to keep the CEO waiting now would you?” Heechul beckoned with his hand.

“Oh? Kyuhyun sings?” Came the CEO’s voice. “Please sing us a song, Kyuhyun.” He requested. Kyuhyun’s gaze softened and smile awkwardly at the CEO. He nodded and walked towards the makeshift stage knowing there was no way he could escape from this. As he stood on stage, he snatched the microphone from Heechul’s hand and glared at him one more time before mouthing You will pay.  Heechul whispered a I’ll be waiting  back to him and then walked away.

The music to the ballad started. It was a familiar tune, one of the all time favourites. Kyuhyun brought the microphone up to his lips and he started singing in his soulful voice. His eyes were slowly roaming the room as he sang and they stayed when landed on me. He sang the chorus, the part about newfound love with much emotion while gazing at me. I have heard Kyuhyun sing before, back when I was down with flu and he sang me to sleep while taking care of me but that was singing softly. This, now, was a different story. I had somehow suspected that he had powerful vocals and could sing effortlessly with that voice of his but have never expected it to be this amazing. My heartbeat quickened and I felt a blush surfacing. I was surprised, not at his singing skill but at the emotions pouring out of his very soul and they were directed at no one else but me.

Donghae and Ryeowook walked over to me to somewhat shield me from attention but not blocking my view of the stage. Some girls were gushing, cooing and awing over his looks and voice and some looked like they have fallen in love with him there and then. Most of the people were focused on Kyuhyun’s mesmerising singing voice and were not paying me much attention. A handful was looking at me with curiosity and I noticed Heechul giving me a knowing look. My eyes travelled back to Kyuhyun and he finished off the song beautifully to a standing ovation. My heart fluttered wildly against my ribcage as he smiled at me and bowed to the audience. Wolf-whistles were heard and there were shouts of encore. He walked down the stage and people congratulated him on his good singing skills as well as him being in love as he made his way back to where I stood. I had to keep my cool so I smiled casually and congratulated him like everyone else. Donghae did too and Ryeowook slapped his shoulder while praising him earning an annoyed glare from Kyuhyun. A few busybodies came over to enquiry about his love interest but they left disappointed after getting a curt not telling  reply from Kyuhyun.

The party carried on according to plan after Kyuhyun’s performance. The stand-up comedy was not as funny as we thought it would be and the comedian was booed at the end of his boring comic monologue. The Customer Care department will surely be screwed up for going cheap. Ryeowook had reserved seats for Kyuhyun and I at his table together with Yesung, Donghae, Kibum and strangely Changmin. Sadly, Eunhyuk couldn’t join us as he was not company staff. I felt uncomfortable with Changmin sizing Kyuhyun up again. Kyuhyun knew but kept a low profile so as not to create a scene and reassured me with a pat on my thigh under the table. My earlier discomfort was short lived. I felt downright spooked when he shifted his dark eyes to me, roaming my face, slowly travelling from feature to feature. I tried to pay attention to Kyuhyun and the others but I found myself being conscious of the creep’s stares and would check him every now and then from the corners of my eyes to see if he was still looking. Sometimes he wasn’t but most of the time, he was. Kyuhyun sensed my unease and asked me if I was alright. I was about to answer him when I heard Kibum spoke.

“Changmin, why do you keep staring at Sungmin?” Nerd Kibum asked in a forthright manner oblivious to the rising tension between the three of us. Kyuhyun’s head shot up and glared at Changmin and my eyes widened as I turned to look at Kyuhyun.

“I just find Sungmin extremely attractive of late.” Changmin replied frankly with a shrug. “Maybe it’s his new blond hair.” He smirked. Kyuhyun was about to give him a piece of his mind when I placed a hand on his thigh under the table to sooth his ruffled feathers. “And I heard that Kyuhyun was more often than not seen together with Sungmin and his clique so I was curious.” Changmin continued and I tensed up at what he said. “Perhaps you and Kyuhyun are……romantically involved?” He turned to me and asked with raised eyebrows. I was panicking inside but I maintained a calm composure and my hand stayed firm on Kyuhyun’s thigh well hidden by the table cloth.

“Back off, Changmin.” Kyuhyun couldn’t help hissing through gritted teeth and wearing a death glare. “Who my love interest is is none of your goddamn business.” Changmin held up a hand as if calling for a truce at the same time weighing Kyuhyun’s words. Changmin seemed pleased with Kyuhyun’s uncommitted answer judging from his amused expression.

“I will back off if Sungmin is taken.” Changmin said and eyed Kyuhyun who was fuming by now. I snapped my finger at Changmin’s direction to get his attention and smiled sweetly at him.

“I am taken.” I declared simply. “So you can now back off.”

“Of course.” Changmin beamed and turned back to smile charmingly at Kyuhyun. “Kyuhyun, do you want to grab a cup of coffee with me sometime?” I could hear Ryeowook gasped and whispered audibly to Yesung that Changmin wanted Kyuhyun. I was shocked at the turn of events. I had originally thought that he wanted Kyuhyun but doubted when he showed interest  in me just now except that that was not the case. He wanted Kyuhyun all along. I was stunned speechless.

“No can do.” Kyuhyun said casually, his anger dissipated. In place was a look of absolute resolution as he placed his hand on the back of mine which was resting on the table top after I had snapped my finger at the creep earlier. “I too am taken.” Then he interlaced his fingers through mine and tightened the hold. My fingers automatically curled around his in respond. Ryeowook squealed. “Got that?” Kyuhyun asked as he looked at Changmin and then at our intertwined hands.

“Are you sure about your decision, Kyuhyun? There could be better choices out there if you would just look around some more.” Changmin asked in a voice dripping with blatant jealousy while staring at our hands.

“There is no one better, that I am sure.” Kyuhyun said with confidence and tightened his grip on my hand. “If you would excuse me….and Sungmin, we will take our leave now.” Kyuhyun got up from his seat and I followed, with him still holding on to my hand.

“Hae, Wookie, I’ll call you later.” I said as I moved to step away from the table. They both nodded, smiled and waved goodbye. Donghae gave me the thumbs up sign and Changmin’s glare followed our retreating backs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We chatted about Eunhyuk’s dance performance on the way back home. He held my hand while driving with the other hand, soft Christmas music playing on the car’s stereo system. I flipped my hand over to interlace our fingers together, feeling happy and contented.

After locking the door to the house, I glanced at the wall clock and noticed that it was about two and a half hours to midnight. Still some time to go. I was feeling excited about presenting my gift to Kyuhyun and I planned to surprise it to him when the clock striked twelve. I was certain that he would like it because he had been dropping casual hints about it for some time already. I was shy when he first suggested it and had blushed impossibly red. How could he suggest something so intimate? I told him I would not indulge him like that. On the other hand, after pondering it over, I felt that that would be the best gift to him ever. I have yet to wrap it up as I planned to do so five minutes to midnight. I wondered what Kyuhyun would be giving me.

“Sungmin.” Kyuhyun called as he pulled me along to the living room after changing into comfortable home wear. “Now that Changmin and Kibum knew about us, many more will know soon after. Do you mind?” Kyuhyun asked with concern as he sat down on the couch and tugged me down onto his lap.

“No.” I replied as I snuggled into his warm chest taking in his scent. “In fact, I have never felt more relieved.” I continued. “No more hiding.” Kyuhyun smiled and my cheek then run a finger down the bridge of my nose and land my lower lip. I opened my mouth wanting to bite his fingertip but he was quick to withdraw. He tried it again tempting me with his finger hovering near my lips but I failed at catching it again. He laughed and I giggled. He tilted my head up to look at him and he lowered his to place a sugar-infused lingering kiss on my lips. I pulled my head away before it could develop. “Shall we watch a movie? Ryeowook lend one to me yesterday. Said it was a nice Christmas themed movie or something.” I said with the intention of stalling for time. Kyuhyun looked reluctant and I pouted cutely up at him. “Please?”

“Alright, you win.” Kyuhyun sighed before pinching my cheek. I yay-ed and went on to play the movie on his sixty inches wide, high-definition LED Smart TV.

It was a really nice and heart-warming romantic comedy with a Christmas setting. Even Kyuhyun liked it. The movie lasted for two hours. When it was finally over, I stood up from the couch and stretched myself. Kyuhyun lifted the remote from the coffee table to switch off the TV. As I was reaching my arms upwards, I felt Kyuhyun’s arms wrapped around my mid-section and he hoisted my folded body over his shoulder. I shrieked but did not struggle because I knew I was heavy and he might not be able to take the weight if I struggled.

“No more stalling, Min.” Kyuhyun complained and slapped my in which I giggled. “I want my present now.” He huffed as he walked towards our bedroom. He dropped me onto the king sized bed unceremoniously, crawled onto the mattress and hovered above me laying one hand on my chest, dangerously close to my right . “Where is it?” He asked huskily and I groaned softly.

“I’ll get it for you but first, you must turn around. I’ll let you know when it’s ready. No peeking.” I warned and he smirked. “I’m serious Kyuhyun, otherwise you will spoil the surprise.” Kyuhyun nodded reluctantly and turned around. After making sure that he complied with my instructions, I opened the door to the wardrobe and pulled out a roll of wrapping paper. Then I removed my t-shirt and started gift-wrapping myself from my waist down to my hips. Sneaking a peek at Kyuhyun, I was glad that he didn’t disobey, I continued to wind a red ribbon around my wrapped body and tied it in a bow. Feeling satisfied with it, I put my t-shirt back on again. “Okay, here you go.” I held out my arms pointing at him like I was holding something in my hands. He spun around with a grinning face but his expression dropped when he saw nothing in my hands. He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

“Erm…where?” He asked and looked around for it. I grinned and then moved my hands wider apart till it was parallel to my body. One minute he was looking at me in confusion, another minute realisation dawned and he smirked. “You are giving yourself to me?” I chuckled with glee.

“Don’t be silly, Kyu. I am already yours so that doesn’t count as a present.” I said and motioned him with a hand to come closer to me. “Look closer.” I instructed. “You can use your hands if you are still clueless.”

“Let me just use my hands.” Kyuhyun said reached his hands toward my body. I slapped his hands away and instructed him to look first. He clasped his hands behind his back and bent his body to scrutinise my torso. His eyes travelled lower and that was when he noticed that my waist was seemingly thicker than usual and that something was straining against the inside of my t-shirt where the bow was. He unclasped his hands and went on to lift my shirt up slowly revealing my gift-wrapped body. He glanced up at me with a dirty smile and I told him to go ahead and unwrap his present. He removed my t-shirt in one swift movement and his deft fingers undid the ribbon in record time before tearing at the wrapper. Then he straightened his body and looked at me in confusion once again. “There’s nothing, Min.”

“Turn me around.” I instructed and he did as told. Then I heard him gasped. There, peeking out from the waistband of my boxers was a partially covered tattoo. He put a finger to the elastic band and pulled it down and I heard him gasped louder. Time seemed to have come to a standstill as no one moved. Even the finger tugging on the elastic band was frozen. I turned my head around back and found him squatting down, staring at the mark on my lower waist near the swell of my right . “I scare you again, didn’t I?”I asked.

“Y..Yes.” He stammered a reply. “Yes, you did.” He used both hands to pull the waistband further down my hip to reveal the full design. He lightly traced a finger over the two inches wide tattoo of a scalloped-edged square stamp pattern complete with post mark lines similar to those found on the postage stamp of a mailed letter. In the square were the words Cho Kyuhyun’s Property  in cursive letters. He looked up at me and I saw him smiling and tearing at the same time. He gripped my hips and moved his head closer to the tip of his tongue along the edge of the square design and then placed a wet kiss over the center. I shivered at the intimacy. He stood up and engulfed me in a warm hug, pressing his clothed chest firmly onto my back, his arms wound around my neck and his face snuggled into the back of my head. “You see why I love you so much? It’s because you kept giving me good scares.” Kyuhyun breathed out into my ear. “I love you, Sungmin, so very much.” I smiled and clung onto his lower arms with my hands, leaning back comfortably.

“So I take it as you like you Christmas gift.” I turned my head sideways and whispered out seductively.

“Without a doubt.” Kyuhyun replied with equal iness and moved one hand down my chest toward my you know where.

“Wait” I stopped his travelling hand with one of mine and turned swiftly around in his arm to face him, wrapping my arms around his back. “Where’s my present?” I asked with a pout.

“Oh, yes, how could I forget?” Kyuhyun replied with a y smirk. “But first….I will need you to sit down and close your eyes.” I nodded and walked toward the bed and sat down. I shut my eyes and waited in anticipation. I heard him opened and closed a drawer then he moved to where I was seated. “Don’t look yet.” He instructed and I hummed my compliance. He spread opened my thighs and then knelt in between my legs. I heard a snapping sound followed by some ruffling before he spoke. “Okay, you may now open your eyes.”

I took a deep breath as I opened my eyes. They continued to widen as the dangling object in front of me came into focus. Held in Kyuhyn’s hands was a ring on a necklace, sparkling silver. I took the ring and brought it up for scrutiny. Engraved on the inside of the ring were the words Kyuhyun’s Sungmin. I was so overwhelmed with emotions that tears began to quickly well up in my eyes. Next thing I knew, they were falling like rivers down my cheeks. Kyuhyun smiled lovingly at my reaction and went on to wear the necklace on my neck. I surged forward to embrace him tightly and he patted my back lightly while rocking me gently to calm me down. “Kyu, I love you so much too.” I said as I sobbed into his neck. “Thank you.” I hiccupped in between sobs. Kyuhyun lightly pushed me back by the shoulders and looked at my crying face, his own eyes bright with tears.

“Hush now. We are celebrating Christmas. Merry Christmas Sungmin.” Kyuhyun said with a chuckle and cleaned my face of tears with his thumbs. I sniffled and pouted. Then I noticed him wearing a similar chain on his neck and lifted the ring to my face. It was an exact duplicate only that the engraving read Sungmin’s Kyuhyun  instead and a smile blossomed on my face. I patted the bed and he climbed on, resting his back against the wooden headboard and pulling me along. I sat beside him with my legs folded under my thighs, cheek pressed to his warm chest and arm wound around his waist.

“Hmm, right…we shall forget about work, about Heechul and Changmin. Let’s celebrate Christmas and us. Happy Christmas Kyu.” I declared with a bright smile and Kyuhyun sent me a suggestive wink. I giggled and he placed a kiss on my forehead before hugging me impossibly tighter, fitting my head snugly into his neck.

“Let’s promise each other to wear the ring on our fingers when we are ready to come out.” Kyuhyun said and I nodded my agreement. We remained in that position for a while, basking in the bliss.

“Kyu, will you do something for me?” I asked shyly.

“What is it, baby?” Kyuhyun asked, fingers playing with my blond hair.

“Tattoo my name on your .” I requested and felt him tensed up. I looked up at him to see him frowning worriedly.

“I’m afraid of the needle, Min.” He said looking flustered. I blinked at him and then a naughty smirk gradually spread across my face.

“Afraid of the needle huh?”I asked seductively as I moved to straddle him on his thighs, one hand pinning him down by the shoulder to the headboard and the other tugging on the waistband of his shorts. “I can help you with that.” I draw out low and ily, winked and wet my lips with my tongue, slowly arousing him. Kyuhyun looked at me and his eyes darkened while slipping his hands under my boxers to cup and squeeze my . I squirmed and moaned lustfully, rubbing our growing s together.

“Help me, please.” Kyuhyun begged as I dipped my hand into his shorts and grabbed hold of his hot, hard in my hand.

It’s going to be a long night of celebration.

>.<    ~End~    >.<