Ship Wreck

His Little Mermaid - Myungsoo

Salt water splashed in your face as a fire began, the smoke began to fill the cabin of the boat, quickly rushing to the door, banging on the locked door was no use as you began to cough and having difficulty breathing. Grabbing anything you can, you broke the glass as you climbed out of the smoke filled room. Quickly spotting the crew filing off into boats, your older brother and your dad helped everyone off as they also tried to keep the boat afloat long enough to get everyone off safely.

”_____!” Your older brother called as he quickly ran up to you as some of the mast broke and crumbled down around you as he pulled you into his arms and covered you from the falling debris.

"We have to get out of here." He said as you nodded, taking your hand in his, he ran with you to the deck as he quickly brought you over to the side of the boat as the fire began to spread rapidly and the large boat was beginning to take on water.

"You go first." Your Dad said as he helped you onto the ledge as you looked at him and your brother.

"What about the two of you?" You asked as adrenaline pumped through your veins.

"The captain goes down with her ship." Your father said as you felt your own salty tears run down your face as you pulled him in for a last hug as you looked at your brother. Before your brother could speak, the fire began to grow to the ammunition room as the boat quickly exploded.

Throwing you into the salty water, you fought for your own breath as you swam to the surface. The crew were already far away as you tried to wave them back to you. Looking around in the rough waters, the white caps on the waves hurled over you as you were swallowed in the large waves as you tried to look for your family.

Rain pounded against your face as you gasped for air, before the waves pulled you under.

Forcing your eyes open, you were breathing heavily as you brought your hand up to your forehead as you felt how warm you were and the beads of sweat on your forehead as you ran your hand down your face. Your chest raised and fell quickly with each rapid breath as a mass was felt on your stomach as you looked down and saw Myungsoo’s arm that laid over your stomach.

The twitching of his fingers, the simplicity of his arm and his rolling muscles as your eyes trailed up his arm to his back muscles as they tightened and relaxed with every breath. Moving your eyes up his neck to his peacefully sleeping face that dipped into the white pillow beneath you.

Trying to slow your breath, you looked up at the ceiling at Myungsoo’s eyes opened slightly. Blinking lazily, his other hand gently pushed him up a little as he rolled over on his side, the hand that laid on your stomach gently brushed your skin as you tried to hold in your tears but letting one slip from your eyes, his eyes widened as he brushed it away gently.

”________?” He called your name softly as you still stared up at the ceiling of the bedroom as you closed your eyes.

”________, are you ok?” Brushing your cheek with the back of his fingers, you snapped out of your thoughts as you felt his soft touch as you turned your head to look at him as the moonlight lit up your face as your eyes were read and Myungsoo noticed.

"Come here." Opening his arms to you, you moved into them as you hugged him tightly. Feeling your uneven breath against his bare skin, he rubbed your back softly.

"Was it a dream?" You nodded, "Was it bad?" You nodded as he rubbed your back and kissed your head softly. "Tell me."

It took you a while to gather your thoughts as his strong arms wrapped around you tightly, yet warmly.

"It was about my past." You told him softly.

"Tell me." He urged you as you closed your eyes.

"Ok. My older brother, my dad and I went out on our family boat. My dad was the captain and my brother was his co captain." You stopped as your fingers began to drew on his skin.

"What about your mom?" He asked softly looking down at you as your finger stopped moving on his skin as you shut your eyes tightly.

"She died when I was a little girl, from the flu." You said quietly as you felt him hold you tighter in sorrow as you continued your story. "The sky was so blue and there wasn’t a cloud in sight, the water was perfect as it hit the front of the boat. The salty air brushed through my hair. My brother and I were playing cards and I won as he had to give up some of his money as I took it happily. An urgent call came from the look out tower as he ran out of the room. I didn’t think anything of it at first. Then the clouds began to rumble in as I looked out the window. A wave quickly sideswiped us as the light broke and caused a fire to start in the wooden cabin." Your breathing began to quicken again as he shushed you softly rubbing your back in circular motions.

"I couldn’t breathe, I went to the door as I tried to get out but I couldn’t, then I grabbed something to break the window. Climbing out, everything happened so fast and… and…and…" You were breaking out in tears as he could already infer the rest of the story.

"I’m sorry, I really am." Myungsoo sat up as you sat on his lap, your head rested on his chest as he wrapped his arms around you and rocked you from side to side.

"Everything is ok now. You’re here with me." He whispered against your hair as your gripped his skin and nodded as your tears slipped from your face onto his chest muscles.

"I miss them all so much. I wanted my dad to walk me down the isle when I got married and I wanted to see my brother get married." You choked out through your tears. "I don’t want to be alone."

"You’re not going to be alone. I will always be here." Myungsoo said as his heart broke slowly hearing you, feeling you, and seeing your body shake with your sad emotions.

After a while you calmed down as you still clutched onto him. Wrapping a blanket around you, he kissed your forehead as he brushed away your tears.

"I just have one question." Myungsoo whispered as you nodded against his skin. "Why couldn’t you talk?"

"I was so traumatized. I thought it was all a dream when I saw you and I didn’t want it to go away." You said softly with a hiccup to your words from your sobbing.

Myungsoo smiled as your eyes fluttered closed with time as he looked out the window to the moon. To the right side of the moon there were three twinkling stars as he smiled, knowing that your family was looking down on you, watching you with all of their love that would never waiver like the sea.