His Little Mermaid

His Little Mermaid - Myungsoo

The light began to soften as the sun moved lower in the sky. The bright, pastel colors just started to be painted across the sky. Myungsoo slipped on a sweater over his t shirt and lifted the camera from its case as he slipped the shoulder strap around his neck. Escaping the small house, the fresh salty air welcomed him happily as he walked to the beach. The cool breeze combed through his hair as a smile molded onto his face.

Within minutes, the beautiful pastel sunset formed into a vibrant, colorful sight as he lifted his camera, snapping a few pictures of the sunset. A broad smile sat on his face as he tried high, low angels along with effects that he used on his camera.The simple joy of pictures took over as he snapped one after another. Moving from the beautiful horizon to pictures of the ocean spray as it collided with the pier, the soft light hitting the droplets as the pictures flowed one to another.

Looking down the shoreline as the soft light hit the ocean foam perfectly; focusing the picture, he snapped a few as the tide came onto the sand. Lifting his camera slightly, a dark mass laid on the sand as it came into his view. Quickly moving the camera from his eyes, he ran towards what seemed to be a human at the edge of the water. 

The wind quickly whipped around as he ran to the person’s side. Bringing himself to his knees, he tried to shake your shoulders.

"Excuse me, miss?" Myungsoo called as he shook your shoulders, with no response from you. His eyes scanned you as he pressed his hands against your cheeks, his hands felt your cold skin as he gently took his hands away from you, checking your pulse, he felt a faint heartbeat. Carefully, he took off his sweater as he wrapped it around your cold body, in an effort to warm you up. Lifting you up into his arms, he carefully carried your cold body bridle style to his little house as the light began to disappear.

Maneuvering through his house, he laid you on his bed as your body was still cold. With your clothes damp, he gathered some clothes of his and brought them out to you. Carefully, he changed you into the dry clothes, slipping you under his covers before leaving to dry your clothes and to gather more blankets. Placing a few blankets on top of you, he sat on the edge of the bed as he looked over your cold complexion.

Myungsoo gently pushed your hair out of your face, tucking it behind your ear as he ran his fingers over your cheek slowly, not believing how beautiful you are. Night quickly fell upon the house as he stayed by your side, the soft light gently lit up your face.

"Why is a beautiful girl like you, out on the beach?" He talked to you softly as his fingers played with yours. "I will take good care of you." The hours seemed to tick by as he fell asleep next to you.

The sound of the seagulls woke Myungsoo as he sat up and looked at you with soft eyes.

"Please wake up soon." He wished as he felt your skin again, it was warmer than it had been. Opening the window, he let in some fresh air as he made some hot chocolate for himself before sitting beside you again. Trailing his fingers from your forehead, he pressed his hand on the side of your face as you slowly moved your head into the warm hand. Myungsoo jumped slightly as he removed his hand from your face.

Slowly, you turned your head over and slowly opened your eyes. You looked around the strange, new room.

"It’s good to see you awake." Myungsoo said as your eyes moved over to him. Moving your arms to prop yourself up, he shook his head softly at you.

"Take it easy, do you want anything?" He offered as you shook your head swiftly, moving to sit up a little. A smile gently slid onto his lips as you were too cute to be real. He stood up from the side of the bed as he went and poured another cup of hot chocolate for you, just in case you changed your mind.

With your mind racing, you tried to recall what exactly happened. Playing with the sleeves of the long shirt, you shot your eyes to the strange man. He turned around and walked back over to you as you looked back down at your clothes.

"Your clothes were wet, so I changed you into one of my shirts, to keep you warm." He explained as he handed you the warm mug as you took it between your hands. Pulling the blankets up on yourself feeling awkward, he smirked. "Don’t worry, I didn’t see anything. I just had to help you."

Nodding softly, you pressed your lips against the warm cup as your eyes fluttered closed. Letting the war, liquid rush down your parched throat, you smiled slightly as you moved the cup from your lips.

"Do you know why you were out on the beach?" Myungsoo asked as he pulled up a chair next to your bed as you bit your lips slightly, letting your eyes drop from his. "Can you talk?" He asked after some time as you knew you could, you just couldn’t. "That’s ok, you have been through a lot. Just rest, ok. I will be back soon."

Myungsoo said as he grabbed his coat as he waved to you before he walked out the door. Once the door closed you sat up as you looked around the little house, with little separation from one space to another, you saw the whole space from your bed. Sitting up a little more, you looked out the open window at the waves that crashed against the shore. Feeling your eyes drop, your head lulled to one side as you put your cup on the chair that the man had sat in.

Myungsoo had returned a few hours later, with sacks of food and ingredients for helping you get better. After setting everything on the floor of the kitchen, he glanced into the bedroom where he found you asleep, sitting up. Shuffling over to the bed, he cradled your head in his hand as he guided you onto his bed again. Tucking you in, he pulled the covers up to your shoulders as you took a deep breath and peacefully slept. Moving back into the kitchen, he kept looking at you occasionally as he put away his things.

Days passed as you still couldn’t find words to talk to Myungsoo, both of you thought it was due to the tramatic events that had led you to be on the shore. Yet he stayed with you and talked and kept you company, he would talk to you about the things that he would do, share with you the pictures that he took, and tell you stories about when he was little. Somehow everything that he did always brought a smile onto your face.

On a late night, Myungsoo sat on the couch as he tried to remain awake. The cold air, opened your window, letting in the cold air. You tried to close it but you were too short. Peeking your head around, you looked for Myungsoo as you found him, sitting on the couch. Lifting your feet from the bed, you carefully put them on the ground as you moved over to him, in your black long sleeved shirt.

Moving into the seat next to him, you wrapped your arms around his torso and rested your head on his chest as you folded your legs up under you. Myungsoo wrapped his arm around you as he slowly opened his eyes and looked down at you.

"What are you doing up? It’s really late." He said as you just nuzzled your head into his warm embrace. "Ok, I’ll come and see what’s wrong." He smiled as you got up from the couch, he gave you his hand as you slipped your hand into his. Pulling him into the bedroom, you pointed to the cold window as he smirked at you, squeezing your hand softly before stepping on the bed and locking the window shut.

"There you go." He patted the bed as you climbed under the covers. Once you had laid down he sat in the chair and hummed a sweet song as you started to fall asleep. He watched your eyes close as he got up and moved to the  couch, yet you caught the back of his shirt and held him back. Your large, pleading eyes looked up at him.

"I thought you were asleep." He moved to your side as he sat one the edge of your bed. Wrapping your hand around his wrist, you placed his hand on your head as he brightly smiled and looked away trying to hide his blush. "Ok, I will stay with you." He smiled as he pet your head softly, as you fell asleep. His eyes never left yours as he gently combed your hair with his fingers, his heart began to race as butterflies appeared in his stomach.

The next morning, you woke up to have arms wrapped around you and your body pressed against another. Opening your eyes, you looked up at the figure as it was him. Ever since Myungsoo had brought you home, you had become more and more comfortable with him. Slowly you wrapped your arms around him as you pulled him close. Pressing your ear against his chest, you heard the foreign yet familiar sound of his heartbeat as you smiled.

"Will you stay with me, I don’t want to let you go." Myungsoo whispered in his husky, deep morning voice as you looked up at him again.

"I’m not going anywhere." You finally said, finding your voice after three long weeks. Myungsoo quickly looked down at you, for not hearing your voice before this moment. Tightening his grip on you, he pressed you against his body as you smiled and snuggled into his embrace.