7 Days to Love

7 Days to Love [One-shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7 Days to Love

 

 

   White.

   Everything is white. It scared you at first, but soon enough you've gotten used to it. It has been almost a year since you've been admitted to this humongous white structure known as the hospital, a place a lot of people wouldn't want to go to. You, in particular, don't like hospitals. Hospital scares you. You never wanted to know what kind of sickness, illness, or disease you have. But here you are, in the one place you never wished to be stuck in.

 

   You stare out the glass window and sigh for the nth time that day. Then, you hear a knock, and enters a woman in her mid-thirties.

 

   Choi Hana.

   She's someone who'd been by your side since you were admitted to the hospital. She's also wearing white clothing—which, she actually wears every single day. She looks at you with those sincere and expressive eyes you have learned to love over the months you've stayed in the hospital.

 

   "What is it, nurse Choi?" you ask, smiling a little. You only ever smile at her and no one else. You've always believed (since the day you got admitted to the hospital) that there was no reason to smile anymore when all you're going to get are days (or even weeks) of endless crying after you finally take your leave from this world.

   "You have visitors," Hana says softly and smiles warmly at you. "Would you like to let them in?" she asks.

   "Sure," you answer one-wordily. Hana nods and calls the visitors; telling them that they can enter.

 

   Then, three of your friends enter with sad smiles plastered on their faces. You nod, acknowledging their presence. One of them, Park Jiyeon, sits on the edge of the bed and holds your hand. Song Mina sits opposite of Jiyeon, and Lee Jeongmi sits on the chair provided across the bed.

 

   "We missed you!" Jeongmi says and gives your now-tiny arm a little squeeze.

   "You've grown so thin. Are you not eating much?" Jiyeon asks as she scrutinizes your body carefully.

   "Not really..." you answer weakly.

   "When can you be discharged?" Jeongmi asks. You shrug in response.

 

   Mina says nothing; and you were thankful for that.

 

 

   "Time for your medicine," Hana says, and sits down on the chair across the bed. "How are you feeling lately?" she asks as she readies the medicine in the injection.

   "I get constant headaches, but other than that, I think I'm doing fine," you tell her. She nods and stands up.

   "This is going to hurt a little," Hana warns cautiously as she aims the needle of the injection in the little pipe on the back of your hand.

   "I'm used to it," you say with a little smile. Then, Hana inserts the injection. You flinch a little and close your eyes while the medicine passes through from the injection and into the pipe.

 

   Heck, that's a lot of pain. You realize you'll never get used to that—well, maybe. After the medicine has all been transferred into your pipe, Hana pulls out the injection and closes it with its cap. She then tells you to rest, and you do.

 

 

   "I like it when you smile. Your face glows when you do," Hana says, staring at you in admiration. She had just given you a dose of your medicine for that day.

   "Uh..." you utter, completely at a loss for words as you turn red from embarrassment. Hana notices your little discomfort as you fiddle with your fingers so, she giggles and decides to talk about what you are watching at the moment.

   "You must like that boy group a lot, huh," she says with a smile. You nod a little.

   "It's been a while since they had their comeback. I'm just glad that I'm able to see and hear their new song before I leave. I'm afraid this is the first and last of their comeback that I'm going to see," you say, a smile plastered on your face. Hana doesn't say anything at first and just keeps quiet. Then, an idea pops in her head.

   "May I know who your favorite member is?" she asks. You turn to look at her, then, you look back at the television.

   "Him," you say, pointing at the tan member on the center. "He's Kai; Kim Jongin."

 

   "Do you want to see him?"

 

 

   They stop practicing for a bit when their manager calls for a certain tan boy. The latter immediately follows their manager out of the practice room. Everyone else stares at one another and shrugs.

  

   "I wonder if he's in trouble," Sehun says as he and the others sit down on the floor.

   "I bet not. I can feel it... in my belly," Chanyeol says with that creepy smile—and yet, a lot of girls find it attractive—of his.

   "What are you, Santa Claus?" Suho asks and rolls his eyes.

   "Hey, I'm Santa!" Tao, another tan boy in the group, argues like a kid whose candy was stolen.

   "Whoa, okay, no need to throw a tantrum," Suho says, raising his hands in the air in surrender.

   "Enough with the Santao jokes already," Baekhyun says (he's such a sassy boy).

   "Why are we even talking about Santa? Christmas is months away from now," Chanyeol says a matter-of-factly. The others give him blank stares.

   "Nice observation there, captain obvious," Chen says as he puts his hand on Chanyeol's shoulder before continuing, "But dummy, you started it." Everyone, except Chanyeol (and Kai because he was still outside), laughs. The tall big-eared boy was about to answer back when Kai enters the room once again. Everyone turns to him and starts to interrogate him.

 

   "What did he say?"

   "Are you in trouble?"

   "You know, like you always are ninety-nine percent of the time...?"

   "Did he reprimand you?"

   "Does he know you're a drug-addict?"

 

   "Um... what? I'm not," Kai says in confusion. He sits down beside one of the Chinese members—Luhan—and heaves a sigh. "He wants me to visit a certain Kai-biased fan," he informs them.

   "Visit a fan? Where?" Luhan asks, tilting his head to the side.

   "He told me she'd been confined in the hospital for almost a year now," Kai answers.

   "Really? That's sad," Xiumin, who is actually a Korean but is often mistaken as Chinese, says and pouts a little. He doesn't like it when people get sick.

   "I can go and heal her," Lay says, smiling stupidly.

   "Stop with the unicorn jokes, Yixing," Kris says sternly. (Well, what do we have here? Another sassy boy). The younger boy pouts in return.

  

   "Would you like us to go with you?" Kyungsoo asks, putting his hand on Kai's shoulder. The latter shakes his head.

   "I can handle it. It's just a one time thing," Kai replies with a smile.

   "Okay, but don't give her much of your cold aura. You might want to cheer her up rather than scare her, okay?" Suho advises. He's like a mom—only he's trapped in a (little) man's body.

   "I'll keep that in mind," the younger boy replies.

 

 

Day 01

   "You've been acting weird lately, Hana. Are you okay?" you ask as you look at Hana, who's smiling from ear to ear.

   "Nothing; I just feel really good today," she answers. You raise an eyebrow at her.

   "Don't you mean everyday?" you ask, emphasizing the word 'everyday.' She smiles, then, her phone beeps, but you don't notice. Hana's smile grows wider, and voila! She's grinning. "Um... what are you—"

 

   Hana stands up, and says, "I have a surprise for you, but first... you have to close your eyes." You look at her, your suspicion slowly rising.

   "Why would I—"

   "Just do it. Please?"

   "Okay, but... do I... do I really have to?"

   "Yes, absolutely! You'll love it."

 

   You nod and close your eyes. You hear the door open, and shuffling of feet, then, the door closes. Your curiosity grows. Someone—was it Hana?—walks towards you and stops just right in front of the chair across your bed.

   "Hana...?" you call out, your eyes still closed.

   "Uh... you can open your eyes now," someone—a ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter