Chapter 28 - Ending 1

The Shadow Prince's Love

5 years later.....

Eric returned and Minwoo was there to pick him up after he received the notification from Eric about 3 days ago.

"Eric, here!" Minwoo shouted and gestured at Eric.

Eric smiled and pushed his luggage toward Minwoo. Minwoo was still the same except that his hair returned to black and he was dressed decently in a plain black shirt and jeans, no longer in flashy attire. Eric had on and off kept in touch with Minwoo and the latter had opened his own cafe situated in the busy part of the town.

Eric had graduated with his law degree and he was a full fledged lawyer now. He was in his suit and he looked simply dashing in it. He was no longer the young gangster anymore but a matured young man. "Hyung, it is great to see you and thanks for picking me up."

"Anytime, kiddo. Come let go." Minwoo started taking the luggage and pushed them to his car just outside the parking lot of the airport.

"Hyung, how are you doing. How is Hyesung doing?" Eric asked after he gotten into the passenger seat and massaged his temple. He was tired after the long distant flight but he was eager to know the update on Hyesung. Eric did not ask Minwoo about him as he wanted to come back to Hyesung as a different and reliable man for him. Eric was determined to keep to his promise to see Hyesung again.

"Right, we are going to see him. Let get something for him first." Minwoo gased up and drove away.

                             **********************************************************

"It is all my fault! If I did not came into your life, you will still be alive now.... I...." Eric held a bouquet of white lilies in his hands while tears silently rolled down his cheeks.

"Eric, it is not your fault. It had been 5 years since he left us. It was an accident which occurred 5 years ago, the day when you left for the United States. It was also the same day that he breathed his last breathe. Nobody wanted this to happen and no one knew this would happen. He was a good and innocent boy. Till his last breathe, he was still in love with you. I am sorry for not telling you all this earlier because I did not know how to break the news to you. Dongwan told me not to say anything to you. Dongwan by the way was Hyesung's best friend in school. Hyesung's last word to Dongwan was not to tell you anything and that you are the only one that he loved..... Hyesung was clutching his hand phone tightly which had your message...." Minwoo patted Eric's shoulder while standing next to him. Minwoo could not help but sniffed a bit.

Eric knelt down and placed the white lilies in front of the stone slab while looking at the photograph on the tomb. It was Hyesung smiling cheerfully and with his hair slightly spiked up.

"It is getting late now and we should be going, Eric." Minwoo spoke softly at Eric

"If only I could turn back the time......" Eric murmured amidst his silent tears.

" Come on Eric, don't be naive. There is no such thing of turning back the time. Hyesung had left us for so long. Even if you commit suicide, you can't bring him back to life anyway. I am sure that Hyesung would not blame you at all." Minwoo sighed and put his hand on Eric's back.

"......" Eric did not say anything but lowered his head and his tears were falling rapidly on the white lilies.

" We will get to see Hyesung again soon when our lives ended. Come on Eric, you must be tired after the long flight from the United States this morning." Minwoo tried to pull Eric up but the latter would not budge.

"Hyung, I just wanted to stay for a while to accompany Hyesung. I have a lot of things to speak to him. Please?" Eric whispered in his hoarse voice and not lifting his head up.

"Eric, Hyesung will not run away and he will alway be here. You can come again tomorrow?" Minwoo tried to joke a bit to lighten the mood.

"Hyung, please. I was not here for him for the past 5 years. I had a lot to catch up with him." Eric closed his eyes and he fisted by his sides.

"Alright. I will wait at the entrance for you and then I will send you home. Take your time, kiddo." Minwoo sighed and walked away.

It started to drizzle and Eric just remained in his kneeling position. " I am sorry Hyesung." Eric looked up and the photograph tenderly. Eric looked very sad and he was blaming himself for what had happened.

"I came back as I had promised to you 5 years ago." Eric took out his hand phone and looked at the message that Hyesung sent to him that day. It was the first time that Hyesung had message him when he had the hand phone.

[Hyesung] : You are my only love.

"I guessed this was the first message that I received from you, 5 years ago. You have never stop loving me despite what I had done to you. I am such a idiot and a total jerk. Hyung told me that you did not bully Eunmin at all and you chose to suffer in silent, the misery of being misunderstood. I was jealous when I saw that boy holding your hand and you looked so happy. I was feeling hurt and I really wanted you back in my life, in my embrace... But my pride did not allow me to do that. I was feeling so happy during the time that we spent together. You are the sunshine that drove away the dark skies when I was trying to come to term with Eunji's death. I......" Eric could not continue his words and he slumped to the concrete slab of Hyesung's grave.

 "You do resembled Eunji but I never see you as her. I could not get over Eunji completely when I told you that no one could live in my heart anymore. But do you know that, slowly you are appearing in my mind and you started to move into my heart? I never see you as Eunji but as you, Hyesung. I was scared to accept you because I was afraid that I am being unfair to you. I felt that I had let Eunji down if I accepted you. I knew I had loved you but I just did not want to admit it. You know the life that I was leading and it was very different from yours. Our paths would never had crossed but destiny made that happen!" Eric leaned his head to the tomb.

"I heard from hyung that you peeped at me after our breakup and I had asked him for your latest update but he refused to talk to me. He told me to find out myself and ask from you personally. I had went to your house a few times and stared at your lighted room. I never had the courage to make the first move because I was scared and in denial. I am regretting it now and it is too heavy a price to pay. I really regretted for my cowardice back then. If only I had made the first move, you will be alive? Warmly in my embrace and not lying cold there, 6 feet underneath...."

"Hyesung ah, I love you but it was too late...." Eric's tears fused with the rain while he looked at the smiling Hyesung. " Wait for me Hyesung. I am coming and I will never leave you anymore........"