Let's Meet The Friends, Shall We?

Forever is a Promise You'll Keep

2 weeks flew by quickly and soon enough, it was already the first day of school.

“Hello Hello nareumdaero yonggil naessoyo”

“Ugh....” Taeyeon groaned while hiding under her pillow.

“Hello Hello jamshi yaegi hallaeyo”

“WILL YOU JUS SHUT UP?!” she screamed at her phone, pressing the pillow harder against her head to avoid the sound.

“Hello Hello naega jom sodooljin mollado”

“Ugh!” Taeyeon groaned one last time before removing the pillow on top of her head and picking up her phone, not bothering to look at the caller ID.

“Hi Taeyeonie!” Wooyoung greeted her cheerily.

“Ugh. Hi, Wooyoung. What are you doing calling me at,” she looked at her nightstand to look at the time. “6:30 in the morning?”

“Ae? Have you forgotten? Today’s the first day of school!” he exclaimed.

“Omo! I totally forgot!” Taeyeon said frantically while heading towards her closet to prepare her clothes.

“Typical Taeyeon,” Wooyoung sighed dramatically over the phone. “Yah, I’ll pick you up, okay? Be ready in 30 minutes! Bye Taeng!”

“Bye, Wooyoungie!” Taeyeon replied before heading toward the bathroom to shower.

After she was all freshened and dressed up, Taeyeon grabbed her Domo backpack, put all the things she needed for school today, and headed downstairs to where her parents are.

“Good morning Umma!~ Good morning Appa!~” Taeyeon greeted her parents before sitting down. “Where’s oppa?”

“Your brother already left a while ago sweetheart,” her mother said while placing a plate of bacon and French toast in front of her.

“Oh, okay,” Taeyeon said while digging into her breakfast.

“Did Wooyoung wake you up, dear?” Taeyeon’s father said while looking up from the newspaper he was reading.

Taeyeon swallowed the food in before saying, “Ne. He did wake me up.”

“Such a kind hearted boy, Wooyoung is,” her mother commented fondly.

“Ne. He really is such a good friend, Umma.” Taeyeon agreed.

Soon, the Kim family heard the doorbell ring.

“I’ll get it,” Taeyeon offered. “It must be Wooyoung, he said he’s picking me up today.”

“Okay. Have fun in school today, Taeyeon,” her father said while picking up his mug of coffee from the table.

“Ne. Have a nice day at the shop today, Appa!” Taeyeon said while grabbing her bag.

She opened the door and found Wooyoung standing on their front door wearing a plain black v-neck  tee shirt and dark wash jeans with black Converse sneakers.

“Good morning Taeyeonie! Ready to go?” Wooyoung greeted her cheerily.

“Mmm.” Taeyeon nodded cutely at him in response.

“Let’s get going then,” he said.

Taeyeon bid one last farewell to her parents then closed the front door.

“It’s a good thing we’re only a good 10 minutes walking distance away from school,” Taeyeon commented.

“Ne. It is a good thing. Especially with you and your habit of waking up late,” he teased. “In fact, I’m sure it’s because of me that you’re never late for school!”

“Yah! I can wake up early on my own too,” Taeyeon pouted.

Aigoo. She’s so cute when she pouts... Wooyoung thought to himself before answering, “Yeah. Sure you can, TaeTae.”

The two talked about what happened to them the past two weeks and soon, they reached the school.

“We’re here!” Wooyoung declared.

“Yeah, looks like it.” Taeyeon replied. “Well, I have to go now, Wooyoungie. I still need to put my things in my locker while I have still have time.”

“Okay. I’ll see you later, right?” Wooyoung said.

“Yeah, sure. We’re going home together, aren’t we?” Taeyeon confirmed.

“Yeah. So.. See you later Taeng!”

“Okay!” Taeyeon grinned while running toward the school’s front doors.

“Yah! Jang Wooyoung!” A voice boomed behind Wooyoung.

Wooyoung turned around to see who it is and saw it was Taecyeon.

“Oh! Taecyeon! Long time no see!” he said while bumping his fist with Taecyeon’s.

“You too, Woo. How are you? I’m sorry I wasn’t able to come to your parents’ anniversary, man. I was in Spain with my family.” Taecyeon said apologetically.

“I’m good, Taec. And it’s okay. I understand.” Wooyoung smiled.

“So how are you and Taengoo?” he asked.

“Huh? What do you mean ‘me and Taengoo’?” Wooyoung asked, confused on what Taecyeon was talking about.

“Don’t you ‘huh’ me, Woo. I heard from Chansung that he caught you two kissing on your parents’ anniversary.” Taecyeon replied.

“That jerk. We weren’t kissing intentionally. She fell on top of me and-“

“Yeah, sure. She fell on top of you.” Taecyeon rolled his eyes while the two walked toward the school’s building.

“But it’s the truth!” Wooyoung exclaimed.

“Whatever, man. Hey, look. I still need to go to my locker to get some of my stuff, so I’ll see you later. Okay?”

“Yeah, sure. I need to go to mine, too.”

“See you later, Wooyoung.” Taecyeon said while giving him a pat on the shoulder.

Wooyoung waved to him before walking to the other side of the hall to go to his locker.

 

~o~o~

Meanwhile, Taeyeon was already sitting on her Biology class, waiting for her class to begin.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t Kim Taeyeon.” Came a voice from behind her.

She turned around to see from whom the voice came from. As soon as she saw who it was, a surprised gasp came out of her lips.