The Unwanted, Although Necessary, Apology by Jang Wooyoung

Forever is a Promise You'll Keep

Taeyeon was standing in a corner, preparing herself for the surprise for Wooyoung’s parents. Yah, Kim Taeyeon. You can do this! You’re strong, remember? You can do- Taeyeon’s ranting on her head when she felt someone behind her. She turned around and saw Wooyoung. Remembering what happened just an hour ago, her face immediately reddened.

“Taeyeonie,” he said while scratching the back of his neck. “Uhm… I’m sorry for what happened earlier.”

“Ae? Oh, that. It’s okay,Wooyoung-ah. I forgive you.” Taeyeon replied with a nervous smile on her face.

Wooyoung saw the agitation on her best friend’s face. “What’s wrong, Taeyeonie? Is something bothering you?”

Taeyeon looked up to Wooyoung and saw the concern etched on his beautiful face. What the? Since when did Wooyoung's face become beautiful to me?

“Nothing’s wrong, Wooyoungie. I’m just a bit nervous about the surprise that I prepared for your parents. What if they don’t like it?” she panicked.

Immediately, Wooyoung grabbed her hand and comforted her. “Yah. No matter what your surprise is, I’m sure they’ll love it, TaeTae. Since it came from you.”

“Thanks, Woo.” Taeyeon smiled.

“No problem, TaeTae. Anything for my bestest best friend in the world!” Wooyoung grinned toothily. “C’mon. Let’s go to the living room. Everyone’s waiting for you.”

Taeyeon followed him to the living room and stood in the middle. She grabbed the mic and announced, “Hi, everyone. Today we are, uhm, celebrating Mr. Mrs. Jang’s 25th anniversary. For this, uhh, special occasion, I prepared a surprise for them. So, I hope that they like it, and that you guys enjoy it too.”

She motioned for her brother to play the song and slowly, Bruno Mars’ `Just The Way You Are’ started playing.

After the song, everyone stood up and clapped for Taeyeon’s performance.

Wooyoung ran up to his best friend who was slowly stepping back to avoid the crowd.

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon! You were so good up there! Why didn’t you tell me you had such a great voice?!” Wooyoung exclaimed.

“Gomawo, Wooyoungie.” Taeyeon blushed.

“Yah. TAENGOO! YAH, KIM TAENGOO!” her brother boomed from the living room. “We have to go now. Umma and appa still has to work tomorrow.”

“Ne! I’m coming.” Taeyeon replied. “ I’ve got to go, Mandu. But, I’ll see you tomorrow, right?”

“Ye. Annyeong, TaeTae!”

“Annyeong, Wooyoungie!” Taeyeon leaned up and pressed her lips on Wooyoung’s cheek then hugged him. After one last goodbye, she rushed off to her family.

As Taeyeon left, Wooyoung began to rub the spot that Taeyeon kissed and smiled goofily. That was nice. He thought to himself. Really nice. He then went back to the living room to where the other guests were.