The Childish Guy

The six men you meet online (and should avoid)

1,499 words- longest and last chapter ~(@_@)~

 

The morning after, Sunggyu awoke with a stretch that let it be known that he had an unbearable ache in his neck and stood, only to realize that Woohyun was nowhere to be found. Not knowing what to do in this kind of situation, Sunggyu headed for the door, but he was stopped by the voice of last night's disaster date.

"Hey, buddy, where you headed?" Woohyun asked.

Sunggyu turned slowly, about to explain that the two were not automatically friends because the younger said so while intoxicated last night, only for the words to immediately halt on his tongue as he caught sight of Woohyun, obviously fresh out of the shower. His hair was wrapped in a towel, a fashion Sunggyu found cute as he allowed a gentle smile to cross his features. That was all Sunggyu found to be cute though, because only Woohyun's waist was covered by another towel, his midsection completely on display to the older's pleasure.

"Hello? Anyone home?" Woohyun asked as he waved his hands in front of Sunggyu's face.

Completely embarrassed to have been caught ogling, Sunggyu lowered his head as he falsely coughed and spoke as smooth as possible. "It was nice to meet you and all, but now I have to head home." Sunggyu turned to quickly leave once more, and instead bumped quite harshly into an unknown figure. 

"Sungjong! Watch where you're going!"

That instantly took Sunggyu out of his daze from just falling on thankfully carpeted floor. 

"You. Sit. Now." Sunggyu demanded as he pointed at Sungjong. Genuinely afraid for his life, he sat as far away from Sunggyu as he could. Thoroughly confused, Woohyun glanced between the two, before slowly backing away in the direction of his bedroom. 

"Explain." Sunggyu demanded as he glared at the young man cowering on the couch.

"See, what had happened was-uh my roommate needed a date and so did you, so..." Sungjong said, twiddling his thumbs and avoiding eye contact with Sunggyu.

Silence.

Sunggyu stood and left without a word, the door closing softly behind him. When he returned to the comfort of his home, he crawled into bed and slept immediately, not caring if it was still daytime. 

Sunggyu awoke late that afternoon, a continuous knocking at his front door interrupting his slumber. Dragging his feet to the door and rubbing his tired eyes, he saw both Woohyun and Sungjong standing there apprehensively. With a dejected sigh, he invited the two in as he padded to the kitchen to make coffee.

Surprisingly, Woohyun began the conversation.

"Look, if it makes you feel better, I had no idea that this was a set up either." He said as Sunggyu made his way back towards the living room. Sungjong continued to look down in silence before he realized that the other males were looking at him, waiting for what he assumed was an apology.

"I'm not sorry, if that's what you two were looking for." Sungjong said while picking at his fingernails. "If anything, this should be a good thing, you two can become friends now and stop burdening me with your dating troubles."

The two males looked at the youngest in a questioning manner, before looking at each other and shrugging as if he had a point. They then turned to one another and completely singled Sungjong out as they began their own conversation. Sungjong sat in awe as the two discussed his "helping" and how horrible it was.

"I've got a great idea!" Woohyun said with enthusiasm in the middle of his conversation with Sunggyu. "Why don't I set you up with an online date?"

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun skeptically, wondering if any friend of Sungjong's could honestly help him with any type of dating situation. As he stared at Woohyun, weighing his options, he figured he couldn't do any worse than the youngest that sat quietly, glaring at his elders. With a nod of his head, Woohyun practically lunged for Sunggyu's laptop after it was retrieved and unlocked.

"First thing's first, we need to change your status." Woohyun said dryly as he looked at Sunggyu's status in distaste. "You're practically begging to date awful people. How about this..." Woohyun began typing furiously on the keyboard, Sunggyu peering over his shoulder to see what exactly he was writing, while Sungjong watched on in mild interest. After changing the status, Woohyun gave the laptop to Sunggyu, jus to see what the 24 year-old felt about his "edit".

"Being loyal and fun are nice things my dates should be. Message me if you're interested :)." Sunggyu read aloud. "Are you sure this isn't too sincere or something?" he questioned, cringing slightly at the smiley face.

"Nah, now we just wait." Woohyun said as he stretched his feet in Sungjong's lap to make himself more comfortable on the couch.

"I don't think so." Sungjong said as he pushed the 23 year-old's feet from his lap and stood. "You two can have your little slumber party, but I'm out." Sungjong huffed as he left with a slam of the door.

"Don't worry about him, he's just jealous because you were his friend first." Woohyun said as he laid his arm across Sunggyu's shoulder. The rest of the night was spent watching movies and a small popcorn fight before the two males were visited by the sandman.

Woohyun was the first to wake up, shaking Sunggyu awake as he saw a new notification on his laptop screen.

One new message

I'm loyal and fun! Let's go on a date! -Dinowoo

With a shove, Woohyun pushed Sunggyu off of the couch, and barked at him to prepare for his date. Sunggyu had other plans, though. After being pushed onto his hardwood floor, he stayed down, only releasing a groan of pain. Taking matters into his own hands, Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu by his ankles and dragged him to the bathroom and the water. Once he reached for Sunggyu's shirt, the older hopped off the floor as if were made of lava. "I can take it from here, thanks." Sunggyu said as he nervously gestured for Woohyun to leave so that he may shower for his date. 

After preparing for his date, Sunggyu was told that due to it being morning still, he and his date would meet in the park. Looking down at his dressy attire, he let out an exasperated sigh and asked Woohyun why he didn't tell him that information earlier. With a shrug, the younger said it was because he wanted to see if Sunggyu would actually try to be presentable enough for his date. Stomping off to his room, Sunggyu changed into more casual clothes and then headed off to the park.

Upon meeting his date, now introduced as Jang Dongwoo, Sunggyu was glad that they could meet at the park. Dongwoo seemed excessively energetic although it was still morning and instead of playing 20 questions to see if Sunggyu was a suitable date, the 23 year-old instead bounced around, playing on the swing set one moment and then dangling upside down on the monkey bars the next. Trying to gain his attention was quite difficult, and Sunggyu couldn't keep up with his boundless energy until he called for a food break. Dongwoo was glued to Sunggyu's side in mere seconds, giddily asking where they were going to eat.

After paying for his meal at a nearby fast food joint, Sunggyu noticed Dongwoo looking at him pitifully. Dongwoo told that he didn't bring any money with him, so out of the kindness of his heart, Sunggyu his food with Dongwoo. The food was not shared, though, and was more of Dongwoo eating 2/3 of Sunggyu's meal and leaving him whatever was left over. On the way back to the park, Dongwoo dragged Sunggyu aside to a gas station and pleaded with him to buy some animal crackers. Not wanting to seem rude, Sunggyu pulled out his wallet once more and ventured inside to buy a small pack of animal crackers. Thoroughly pleased, Dongwoo looked between the box and Sunggyu before smiling.

"You know," Dongwoo said as he began to open the crackers, "my mom always told me that I couldn't eat these if the seal is broken. I'm looking for the seal." He finished with a boisterous laugh as he dug through the box to find a seal-shaped cracker to pop into his awaiting mouth. With his mouth still full, Dongwoo turned to Sunggyu and asked if he wanted any, crumbs flying onto the 24 year-old's face. 

With a swipe of his hand across his face and an unseen scowl, Sunggyu kindly declined the offer before making an excuse of being busy and leaving Dongwoo behind, the childlike male waving Sunggyu goodbye happily.

Returning home, Sunggyu called Woohyun and invited him and Sungjong over, only to give him an earful of how he was to never interfere with his love life again whilst Sungjong watched and attempted to suppress his laughter.

 

 

 

 

Thank you to all of you who subscribed and to those who commented! If you have any more prompts for infinite stuff I should write, pm me! Also, this is the only chapter not rated OTL