Taken... again.

Unspoken Destiny [hiatus]

Entry 3-Oh Sehun

 

I can’t believe I found a way to escape! Luhan must be so proud of me.

 

End Entry

 

They could escape.

 

The group looked out of the room and into the gloomy darkness, only illuminated by the light from the room.

 

“We did it…” Yifan breathed. Everyone nodded, too distracted by what was outside to listen.

 

“Step 3/3 complete. Please wait patiently until you are retrieved. If you try to escape, you will be taken to a place that’s much worse than where you are going,” came the cold, metallic voice from the overhead speaker. The twelve stared outside, all thoughts of escaping had left their minds and now they were just waiting. Sehun moved to sit on Luhan’s lap, hugging the older closer.

 

“I’m scared…” Sehun muttered into Luhan’s chest.

 

“Don’t worry, Sehun. Everything will be fine.” Luhan rubbed Sehun’s back and patted his head.

 

A minute later, two people in lab coats appeared in the doorway. The redhead called a name from the clipboard he was holding.

 

“Oh Sehun.”

 

Sehun began to shake and bury himself deeping into Luhan’s embrace. He didn’t want to leave. What would they do to him? Would they run tests and torture him? Sehun didn’t want to think about what else they could do to him. Right then, he just wanted to disappear.

 

“Mr. Oh, would you please come with us.”

 

“No!” Sehun shouted, gripping Luhan tighter. The older didn’t even do anything because he didn’t want Sehun to leave either. No one in the group of twelve wanted the youngest to leave. It would have been better if one of the older children went first. It was cruel to put a 3rd grader into a situation like that.

 

“Mr. Oh, the less you resist, the easier our jobs will be,” said the woman with long black hair and glasses. Luhan saw the woman nod to the man and the redhead walked into the room straight to Luhan and Sehun. Without saying a word, the man easily pried Sehun from Luhan, despite both of their attempts to stick together. The others watched in horror as poor Sehun was slung over the man’s back and taken away.

 

“Sehun!” Luhan shouted, running towards the man with as much courage as he could muster.

 

“Luhan! Don’t let them take me!” Sehun sobbed.

 

Suddenly, they heard a click and Luhan fell unconscious.


“You killed him! You killed Luhan! You monsters!” Sehun cried, staring at Luhan’s crumpled body as he was taken away. The man and woman didn’t say anything as they left.

 


The others stared in horror as the wailing Sehun was taken away. Neither of them dared to move towards Luhan’s limp body. After breaking from their trance, Minseok rushed to Luhan and shook him vigorously.

 

“Luhan, hey Luhan! Buddy, you can’t die on me. You still have to save Sehun.” Hearing the name, Luhan’s eyes shot open and he sat up straight.

 

“Where did those bastards take Sehun?” he growled, looking to the group. Yifan pointed out into the hallway. The Chinese was about to rush out when Minseok stopped him.

 

“Remember what they said? If you try to escape, you’ll be taken to a place that is a lot worse.” said Minseok. Luhan hung his head in defeat and sat back down, putting his head in his hands.

 

“I failed to protect Sehun… I am the worst.” Luhan sighed.

 

“You tried, at least.” Kyungsoo piped up.

 

“Yeah, I guess…”

 


After going through a few doors, the man gently put Sehun down and squatted to have his face level with the boy. Sehun was still crying and trying to wipe his tears away.

 

“H-how could you? You killed Luhan.” He hiccuped.

 

“Luhan will be fine, so don’t worry.” the man said in a soft voice, putting a gentle hand on Sehun’s cheek and rubbing away the tears.

 

“B-but, you-you-” Sehun was close to having another full blown crying session.

 

“I merely put him to sleep. He should be waking up soon, so please stop crying. It hurts me to see you crying, Sehun.”

 

Sehun just nodded and wiped away his tears. “I will be a big boy for Luhan!” he smiled.

 

“That’s the spirit, little one! Now, Eunhee will take you to the room while I go retrieve another one of your friends.” the man stood up and turned around, but Sehun stopped him.

 

“Mr, will I be able to see them again?”

 

The redhead paused, and then said, “yes, Sehun,” before leaving the young boy to Eunhee. Eunhee just nodded and put a hand on Sehun’s back, leading him into a room that was completely white with a chair in the middle.

 

“Now, Sehun, just sit in the chair and I will be back in a minute.” Eunhee said, pushing her glasses up and leaving.

 

‘What an odd person...’ Sehun thought as he clambered onto the chair. Looking around more, he noticed that there weren’t any flat walls. It was one big cylinder. Above him was a large laser looking contraption and he hoped that he wasn’t going to be the one zapped by it. It was all metal and had three silver rings around thinnest parts and a round silver tip.

 

“Now, Sehun,” Eunhee said from a loudspeaker. “Just close your eyes. I promise, this won’t hurt at all.” Sehun did as she said, putting all of his faith in her, and closed his eyes. In a matter of seconds, there was a bright flash of light and the insides of Sehun’s eyelids were turned a red color before becoming black again.


 

Back in the room, the red haired man was taking each one of them from the youngest to oldest. After Sehun had left, Jongin was called, then Zitao, etc.

 

The only people left were the eldest, Luhan, Xiumin, and YiFan.

 

"Wu YiFan?" The man called and YiFan got up, but stayed in the same place.

 

"What are you going to do to me? What have you already done to the others?" YiFan asked in a firm voice. The man simply chuckled.

 

"We are not hurting any of your friends, I promise. You can trust me. I wouldn't dream of hurting any of Sehun's friends."

 

"What does this have to do with Sehun?" Luhan asked, standing up next to YiFan.

 

"It's all in a good time, dear Luhan,"

Luhan opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by the red haired man.

 

"Sehun is fine, if that was what you were asking. You'll get to see him soon enough, don't worry."

 

Luhan, without anything else to say, just shrugged and pat YiFan on the shoulder before taking a seat next to Minseok. Annoyed, YiFan indiscreetly flipped them off before following the man out. The other two just laughed and began making small talk.

 

About 30 minutes later, the man came again for Luhan.

 

“Wish me luck,” Luhan chuckled, hugging Minseok and leaving.

 

“Good luck, Luhan.” Minseok muttered even though Luhan was out of earshot.

 

30 minutes later, the man came for the last time to take Minseok away.

 

“Kim Minseok,” the man didn’t even need to explain anything because Minseok was already walking towards him.


“I’m ready.”