34

What Matters

Inhye frowned slightly as she put her pen down, she heard Luhan step inside the office.

“So, when was the last time you had a meal that didn’t come out of a vending machine?” He mused before plopping on the olive green couch.

Inhye shook her head.

“You just got off an eight hour operation, go home and rest.” Luhan chided.

“How’s Kai doing?” She asked him.

“Vitals are stable, well, everything is stable. The only job he has to do is to wake up.”

Inhye nodded quietly, Luhan stood up and cupped her cheeks.

“Don’t worry, he’ll wake up. I know he will.”

 

Inhye stepped down from her brother’s car.

“I’ll pick you up later.” Siwon smiled at her.

“Ah, right, oppa. I’ll be going with Khun oppa later. I promised I would drop by at his practice.”

“Arasso, just call.”

She smiled before closing the door, she turned to hospital’s entrance. She had just gotten up from her six-hour sleep, and she felt energized.

 

Kai’s brows furrowed as he tried to move his arm. He opened his eyes slowly and glanced around him.

“Hospital.” He muttered, his throat dry.

He winced as he tried to sit up, he heard the door open.

“I don’t think you’re supposed to sit.” A familiar voice said, he looked up.

Inhye was staring back at him.

“Inhye~”

She sighed as she walked to him and pushed him back down.

“As much as I would lecture you on your current health, I can’t.” She gestured toward her casual clothing.

“Off-duty.” She shrugged before turning to the side table to get him some water.

“Here~” The cup dropped on the floor with a thud when Kai suddenly yanked her to him.

“Kai~”

“I know you have a cold personality, but that was too much.” He mused as their noses touched. Inhye blinked back at him, unable to breath. He smiled before pecking her cheek and letting go.

“Ya~”

Kai grinned.

“Water, please, doc.”

 

Inhye sat on the couch as the Luhan and the nurses fussed over Kai. She drummed her fingers and stood up.

“Where are you going?” Kai’s deep voice surprised her.

“Out..for..some air.” She replied before disappearing, Luhan smiled as he wrote on the chart.

“Did something happen while I was…sleeping?” Kai asked.

“Not really..but you should have seen it.”

“What?”

“Inhye….turned into this bossy chaebol daughter. You can ask your friend, Jangmi about it.” He mused.

“We need to run a few tests on you, but you’re okay. I called Mr. and Mrs. Kim earlier, they’re on their way, Kai.”

Kai nodded and thanked him.

 

Luhan grinned as he half dragged the younger girl behind him.

“Luhan,” Inhye almost whined.

“Where are you going? You were waiting for him to wake up.”

They stopped in front of Kai’s door.

“But~”

“No buts, sweetie.” Luhan opened the door and pushed her in.

Kai looked up and watched as Inhye entered the room again, he was already sitting up.

“I spoke with doctor Moon, you need to do an X-ray this afternoon.”

Kai nodded and waved her over.

“Come here,”

Inhye’s brows rose and sat across him. Kai smiled and gently took her hand.

“Inhye…I’m..sorry, I know I should have told you earlier tha~”

“No, I should be saying sorry, Kai…I….It doesn’t matter that you..happen to own this place, I shouldn’t have let that bothered me.”

Kai was about to speak, but Inhye shook her head.

“I’m sorry, Kim Jongin, I shouldn’t have gotten angry.”

Kai smiled and gently reached to cup her cheek with his free hand.

“Does that mean you’ll go out with me?”

“You’re not even released from the hospital yet.” She said dryly.

“Well, maybe I can pull some strings..?” Kai grinned at her, Inhye just rolled her eyes but she leaned forward and gently kissed the space between his eyebrows.

 

“Thank you for waking up.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++