Final

Will You Be My Girlfriend?

Chaeyeon almost dropped her book when her cousin, Baekhyun suddenly shouted next to her ear. Baekhyun laughed like a maniac at her response.

"Yah, Byun Baekhyun! Do you really want to die?" she scolded him. It took quite a while until Baekhyun stopped laughing.

"Noona, you know that Exo will go for a camping this weekend, right?" he asked.

"Yeah... What about it?"

"Do you mind coming with us?"

"What? Why should I do that?"

"Xiumin hyung has to take his sister because their foster parents won't be home until Tuesday. She'll feel lonely if she's the only girl going. Xiumin hyung asked if you could join us," Baekhyun told her.

"Minhee will join us?" she asked to make sure. Baekhyun nodded. Chaeyeon thought about it for a while. "Arasseo, I'll go," she decided.

Baekhyun hugged her. "Komawo, noona!" he thanked her. Chaeyeon chuckled.

"You're very adorable, but why do you have to be such an annoying guy at the same time?"

"Because no matter how annoying I am, I'll always look adorable." He stuck out his tongue & left the room. Chaeyeon just shook her head & continued her reading.

***

"Chaeyeon unnie!!!" Minhee shouted & ran towards Chaeyeon to give her a hug as soon as she got out from the MPV. Chaeyeon lifted the 9 year-old girl up into her embrace.

"Do you miss me?" Chaeyeon asked her.

"Eo, I really miss you," Minhee replied. She gave the older girl a peck on her cheek.

"I'm really impressed on how you can handle her. She's always less hyper when she's around you," Minseok told her.

"That's what you call speciality, oppa," Chaeyeon said with a smile.

"Minseok hyung, didn't I tell you not to say that to her? She'll feel proud of herself all over again," Baekhyun nagged. Chaeyeon kicked his . "Ouch!"

"Serves you right, you spoilt bacon," Chaeyeon said to him.

"I'm not bacon!"

"Then you don't have to feel angry."

"Cut it off, you two!" Kris quickly stepped in to prevent the bickering. "We're here to have fun, so save your bickerings for later." None of them said anything. "Thank you, now arrange your things first while Minseok, Luhan, Yixing, Jongin, Sehun & I set up the tents," he ordered. All of them moved to do their tasks.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Minhee asked in a concerned tone. Chaeyeon gave her a smile.

"I'm fine, Minhee. Come on, let's take your things." The girls went to Minseok's MPV to take Minhee's bag. Then, they took Chaeyeon's bags from the van that they rented.

"Need a hand?" Chanyeol appeared, offering his help.

"No thanks, you should help them set up the tents," Chaeyeon declined his offer.

"Kyungsoo & Suho hyung are helping them," he said. He took Chaeyeon's & Minhee's bags & brought them to the picnic table.

Chaeyeon looked around them. "Where are Baekhyun, Chen & Tao?"

"They went to find some firewoods, just in case the woods that we bring aren't enough."

"Chanyeol oppa, can you take me for a swim later?" Minhee asked. She trusted Chanyeol the most when it comes to swimming. Besides, Chaeyeon didn't know how to swim.

Chanyeol crouched down & ruffled her hair. "Arasseo, Minhee-yah... We'll go for a swim after everything is set up, okay?" he told her.

"Yay!!!" she jumped around excitedly before running to Minseok to tell him the great news. Chaeyeon & Chanyeol sat down on the ground.

"I heard about you & Suzy. Are you okay?" she asked him. Suzy was his girlfriend, but they broke up a few days back.

"Yeah, I'm fine... I can tell that we're not compatible from the start, but I still wanted to give it a shot. We're too different. She hates most of the things that I love. She prefers doing the girls' stuffs instead of having some adventures. I think it's best if we broke up," he told her. Chaeyeon nodded.

"Look what we have here!" The loud & annoying voice of the king of trolls boomed from behind them. "A pair of lovebirds! Having a chit-chat while the rest of us are working!"

"Chen, shut up!" Chaeyeon shouted.

Chen let the woods that's he's holding fell on the ground. "How dare you defy me, you unworthy girl! I am the King. You have no right to defy me!" he spoke arrogantly. The others laughed. Chaeyeon took one of the clothes on the table & stuffed it into his mouth.

"Hey, that's my boxer!" Luhan shouted. Chen's eyes widened. He quickly spat out the boxer. "I ate Luhan's boxer!!!" Chen yelled before he ran towards the lake & jumped into it. Laughter filled in the area.

***

That night after dinner, Chaeyeon went to put Minhee to sleep. After that, she joined the boys near the fire.

"Remember when we came here with our parents when we're kids?" Yixing suddenly asked. Huge smiles plastered on their faces.

"Yeah... We used to come here every fortnight," Tao said.

"After dinner, our parents would play some music & sang while we're dancing like baffoons around the fire," Suho added.

"One of the thing that I remember the most was when Kris oppa lost his tooth & waited for tooth fairy to come while everyone else was sleeping. His parents woke up because he kept calling the tooth fairy," Chaeyeon told them. All of them burst into laughter, except Kris, who suddenly turned red.

"I can't believe the kid who hated to smile actually waited for tooth fairy to come," Sehun blurted out. Another laughter exploded.

"There's something else! Remember when Kai said a monster grabbed his ankle when he played in the water when his foot was actually stuck in the mud?" Baekhyun came up with another hilarious situation. The laughter was now unstoppable. Even Kai was laughing madly.

"And when Chanyeol hyung kissed Chaeyeon noona when she was sleeping because he thought she accidentally ate the poisoned apple when she was still sleeping even after everyone tried to wake her up," Kyungsoo added. The laughter died. Kyungsoo clasped his mouth with his hand. "Oops..."

Chaeyeon glared at Chanyeol, who was sitting next to her. Chanyeol scooted closer to Kris. "You did what?"

"I didn't mean to! I really thought you ate the poisoned apple! Even your parents said so!"

"Park Chanyeol!!! You freaking stole my first kiss!!!"

"OMMAAA!!!!!!!" Chanyeol got up & ran away from her.

"GET OVER HERE, YOU GIANT DERP!!! WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING!!!" Chaeyeon kept yelling as she chased him around. The others laughed at them.

"Congratulations, hyung... You did the right thing," Kai said while patting Kyungsoo's back.

"I should not have said that," Kyungsoo facepalmed.

"You really did a good job, Kyungsoo," Minseok praised him.

"You should be proud of yourself," Kris added.

"I am proud to be one of your hyung," Luhan said.

"YAH, PARK CHANYEOL!!! STOP RIGHT NOW!!! I'M GOING TO CHASE YOU UNTIL YOUR LEGS FALL OFF!!!" Chaeyeon's scream filled the area, which was followed by Chanyeol's scream of fright & their laughter.

***

It was almost 3 a.m in the morning. Chaeyeon stirred around on her spot. At last, she took her jacket & went outside. She sat at the edge of the jetty & dunked her feet in the waterShe sat at the edge of the jetty & dunked her feet in the water. She was too drowned in her own thoughts to notice that Chanyeol was approaching her.

"Boo!"

"Omma-yah!"

Chanyeol laughed at her reaction. Chaeyeon hit his leg. "Oh, my god... Your reaction was hilarious!" he said while laughing. Chaeyeon ignored him. When he had calmed down, he sat next to her. "What are you doing out here all by yourself, noona?"

"I can't sleep."

"Why?"

"Because I can't! If you just want to annoy me, just leave me alone!" Chaeyeon raised her voice without meaning to. "Sorry..."

"Something's bothering you, noona, I can feel it. Tell me about it," Chanyeol said softly. Her tears suddenly fell against her will.

"I miss mom & dad..." she finally said it. Chanyeol pulled her into his embrace.

"We all do, noona. You have to be strong."

All of their parents died at the same time only a year ago. Their parents planned a holiday for the elders only. The plane that they boarded crashed into the ocean.

After a few minutes, Chaeyeon finally stopped crying. Chanyeol wiped her remaining tears. "Are you okay?" he asked. She nodded.

"Sorry..."

"It's okay... Do you want to do something fun?"

Chaeyeon looked at him. "You're not planning something weird, are you?" she asked suspiciously.

"Of course not! It's going to be fun. Just stay close to me." Chanyeol wrapped his arms around her waist. "Now take a deep breath & let it go slowly." Chaeyeon did as he told. "Do it again." So she did. "Now close your eyes, take a deep breath & hold it in." Again, she did as she was told. With a big grin plastered on his face, he jumped into the water with her. Chaeyeon quickly wrapped her arms around his neck. When they came out from the water, Chaeyeon hit his chest.

"Yah, Park Chanyeol!!! Do you want to kill me???" she shouted. Chanyeol clasped with his hand.

"Be quiet! The others can hear us!" he whispered. Chaeyeon held him tightly.

"Chanyeol, I can't swim..." she started to sound scared.

"I know... I won't let you go..." he promised.

They played around in the water for a while. As he promised, Chanyeol never let go of her hand. By the time they stopped playing, Chaeyeon had already mastered the way to float herself. She held on Chanyeol's shoulders as he slowly swam towards the jetty.

"So, even if I don't know how to swim, I'll be okay if I at least know how to float?" she asked him.

"Uh-huh... But the most important thing is, you must not panic. You need to stay calm," he replied. Chaeyeon nodded. Suddenly, Chanyeol stopped swimming.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"There's one more thing that I should do. Come here." Chanyeol moved her to face him. "Close your eyes."

"Why?"

"Just do it..."

Chaeyeon closed her eyes. Chanyeol slowly leaned in & sealed his lips with hers. Chaeyeon's eyes snapped open, but when she saw Chanyeol's eyes were closed, she closed them again. Chanyeol deepened the kiss. When they broke the kiss, Chanyeol hugged her.

"I'm sorry for taking a long time to make a move. I was scared of losing you as my friend. That's why I went out with Suzy. I tried to make my felings disappeared, but I can't. I'm sorry for betraying our friendship, noona," he finally told her. Chaeyeon hugged him tighter.

"Thank you, Chanyeol. Thank you so much. You don't know how much this means to me," she said. Chanyeol broke the hug & looked at Chaeyeon.

"Noona, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked. Chaeyeon nodded. Chanyeol smiled & kissed her again.

"GUYS!!! CHANYEOL & CHAEYEON NOONA ARE KISSING IN THE LAKE!!!" They heard Chen screamed from the jetty. Chaeyeon groaned. Chanyeol chuckled & hugged her.