Sungjong's Addiction

Rehab

Through the eyes of a netizen, Lee Sungjong was a completely healthy, happy-go-lucky person. Through the eyes of his group members, they had no clue what was really going on. Sometimes, they'd see Sungjong extremely tried and red eyes, but they just passed it off as practicing too much.

"Hey Sungjong, you okay? You seem.... tired and jittery." His hyung, Sunggyu, asked concerned.

"Oh, uhhh. Just... practicing a lot. You know..." Sungjong said, worried.

"You seem out of it. Are you sure you're okay? You can take a rest, you know." Hoya added.

"No, it's nothing. Let's just practice." Sungjong said, trying to sound eager.

-

The members all plopped down on the floor of their house.

"Uggggh, I'm so tired!" Dongwoo complained while putting his feet on Woohyun.

"Augh, gross. I can smell that, Dongwoo. Change your socks." Woohyun almost gagged and plugged his nose.

"Take a shower, too. You stink." Myungsoo joined in making fun of Dongwoo.

"Yah, I don't smell! Right, Sungjongie? Wait... where is he?" Dongwoo asked to no one in particular.

"He's at another schedule." Sungyeol answered from the bedroom.

"What's he d-" Dongwoo was cut off, by Sunggyu yelling. He came out the bathroom holding up a bag filled with a white powder. Sungyeol came running into the living room.

"Alright. Which one of you is doing ? Seriously. On the count of 3, somebody better have an answer or fess up." Sunggyu was absolutely pissed.

"1." The Infinite members exchanged worried glances.

"2." Sunggyu's eyes burned, looking at each member carefully.

"3. Well, which one of you is it?" Nobody said anything.

"Hyung... where did you find that?" Hoya asked.

"I found this near Sungjong's face cleaner." Sunggyu blinked, then glared at Hoya.

"Are you saying that this.... belongs to Sungjong?" Hoya raised his hands in defense.

"... I'm just saying it can't help to check through his clothes and belongings...." Hoya suggested and the other members nodded in agreement.

"Aish, fine...." Sunggyu sighed, giving in.

The Infinite members searched through Sungjong's belongings and what shocked them most was that they found even more bags of the white powder. They placed 5 - 6 more bags of the drug on the table.

"This is.... what the hell.... I don't understand...." Woohyun held his head in frustration.

"But this is Sungjong we're talking about. He can't possibly be doing this. Maybe he's holding it for someone." Dongwoo thought out loud.

"Holding it for someone? Are you serious, Dongwoo? Nobody holds this much for someone else. This is all his." Sunggyu snapped.

"Guys, calm down. We should confront him about this, then." Myungsoo said, making everyone calm again and agree with him.

"Do you think he's lying when he said he had another schedule to go to...?" Sungyeol asked, now remembering what Sungjong had told him.

"Most likely, no." Myungsoo said.

Everyone then turned to their leader.

"Sunggyu hyung, what should we do now?" Hoya addressed.

"Like L said. We confront him." Sunggyu had a scary and serious expression on. It frightened the other members that he could actually make a face like this.

-

Sungjong had walked back into the house without knocking over things. His head was pounding, but he could clearly tell where he was going. The lights came on suddenly and he almost had a heart attack when he saw all of hyungs together, sitting in chairs, in a circle...

"Take a seat, Sungjong." Sunggyu said with authority that could scare anymore. Sungjong presumed they were seating by age, considering Sungyeol and Myungsoo were to his left and right. Then Hoya and Woohyun, and finally Dongwoo and Sunggyu.

"Explain to me what this is, Sungjong." Sunggyu stood up and held a bag with white powder and dangled it in front of Sungjong's face.

"It's ." Sungjong answered.

"Right and what exactly IS , Sungjong?" Sunggyu tossed the bag to Dongwoo, who looked at it in disgust.

"It's a drug." Sungjong answered uninterested with what's going on.

"How long have you been doing drugs, Sungjong? I'm the leader, I'm suppose to take care of you. How does this make me feel, finding out that another member, a friend, a brother is doing drugs? Huh. Answer me, Lee Sungjong." Sunggyu's voice dripping with hurt.

"I don't know, hyung." Sungjong's answer pissed Sunggyu off and he nearly punched the maknae if it weren't for Dongwoo and Woohyun holding him back. Sungjong smirked.

"You guy's just don't understand." Sungjong sighed, before walking out, ignoring the pleads from s.

-

Sungjong stood at the bridge, overlooking the waters. Running a hand through his hair, he sighed and then shoved his hands into his pockets.

He was alone for a few more minutes, until he felt the prescence of someone standing next to him.

"Hey..." The older boy smiled sadly.

"Hi..." Sungjong said in reply.

"Did the other members tell you to come rescue me?" Sungjong said in an attempt as a joke.

"No. I came because I wanted to." The older boy laced his fingers through Sungjong's hand.

"I don't want any help, if that's what you're trying to do." Sungjong glared.

"Maybe, maybe not. I just think you need a shoulder to cry on. A person who'll listen. I'm sorry for not being there before..." The older wrapped his arms around Sungjong's waist and rested his chin on Sungjong's shoulder.

"But I'm here now. And I'm trying to make it all better...."

"Sometimes, you just can't expect everything to turn out all right, Hoya hyung." Sungjong's throat became dry and his voice hoarse.

"Yes, I can. So cry...." Hoya said confidently. Sungjong didn't know what came over him, but felt tears welling up in his eyes.

"Cry." Hoya told Sungjong as his tears were already coming out. He turned him around and held Sungjong against his chest, shielding him, protecting him from anymore harm.


To be honest, I kind of wanted the ending to be a "plug in". I wasn't going to use any names, *Hoya*. And you could plug in who you wanted as the hyung that comforted Sungjong. But HoJong it is. :D